Thread: Coronavirus

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Listening to the news today it seems if you play football you have a better chance than an ordinary citizen getting into WA. Footballers must have special covid repelling powers. I'll laugh so hard if WA gets the grand final and someone brings covid into the state and it gets away.
    I would be more concerned if Australia's mining industry has to shut down in WA, the only straw our economy is still hanging onto apart from the pathetic shifting around of property by speculators(which is not an economy but a disaster) and strangely is still up and running despite all the lock downs.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I have friends in Wilcannia, they are safe out on their property, so far.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

New stuff adapting all the time.....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Great

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    New stuff adapting all the time.....

It could appear. It can be more deadly etc is just another speculation by so called immunologist in a hope to become famous in a future. What is really inevitable the virus will mutate and so far no scientists could predict what new variant will look like. Otherwise with Corona or even flu scientists could modify existing vaccines for new variants to come.
    Also, lethality of the Alfa was 1.7% when Delta is 0.25% even though it is more contagious meaning more people do not survive it. That is from the world wide studies, not my calculations.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (25-08-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    It could appear. It can be more deadly etc is just another speculation by so called immunologist in a hope to become famous in a future. What is really inevitable the virus will mutate and so far no scientists could predict what new variant will look like. Otherwise with Corona or even flu scientists could modify existing vaccines for new variants to come.
    Also, lethality of the Alfa was 1.7% when Delta is 0.25% even though it is more contagious meaning more people do not survive it. That is from the world wide studies, not my calculations.
    The reason I posted that was to reiterate my belief that this ISN'T going away.

A few days ago, Morrison stated that we would have to live with it, and yesterday, Shorten agreed. Now each way Albo has said the same. That puts them all at odds with most premiers.

From my dumb logic, lethality isn't necessarily compatible with survival. Therefore viruses will mutate for survival over death of hosts.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fromaron (26-08-21)

Thanks

perseption of australia from the outside, interesting listening and whether they are right or wrong is irrelevant
    remember it's how they see us

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

enf (26-08-21),fromaron (26-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The reason I posted that was to reiterate my belief that this ISN'T going away.

A few days ago, Morrison stated that we would have to live with it, and yesterday, Shorten agreed. Now each way Albo has said the same. That puts them all at odds with most premiers.

From my dumb logic, lethality isn't necessarily compatible with survival. Therefore viruses will mutate for survival over death of hosts.
    100% agree and the logic behind was proven many times before - this is how viruses evolve. At least viruses created by "mother nature".

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    .....................................At least viruses created by "mother nature".
    Aaaaah, that's a different deal and worth time. I don't think we will ever know, although the WHO are now wanting an urgent re opening of the inquiry into it's origins. A bit late now fellas, the Chinese have hoodwinked enough of the suckers to muddy everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    perseption of australia from the outside, interesting listening and whether they are right or wrong is irrelevant

Good video and I didn't find a smallest exaggeration in what was said.
    It's how it is and this is the reason they are right or wrong is absolutely irrelevant.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hmmmm....really that's just one persons point of view backed up by selectively showing clips. Fear is the key here. Politicians know it, and use it.

Thanks

true but we sort of don't see alot of how the australia of today is looked st from the outside.
    There could be lots of these type of vidoes now as lots of countries have openned up and just letting it run.

I still believe that a lot of the deaths are because those people had underlying health issues, but some died because they didn't know they had an issue to stat with.
    I know my wife is in the category that would probably kill her if she got it, can she get the vaccine - no because the side affects from them will be the same.

Eventually we will have to make the decision with the aid of medical advice, but at the moment because we live in WA we still have time for more test results and recent heart surgery has complicated matters somewhat.
    The rest of the family is in line for the jab

Super Moderator
    Thanks

true but we sort of don't see alot of how the australia of today is looked st from the outside.
    There could be lots of these type of vidoes now as lots of countries have openned up and just letting it run.

I still believe that a lot of the deaths are because those people had underlying health issues, but some died because they didn't know they had an issue to stat with.
    I know my wife is in the category that would probably kill her if she got it, can she get the vaccine - no because the side affects from them will be the same.

Eventually we will have to make the decision with the aid of medical advice, but at the moment because we live in WA we still have time for more test results and recent heart surgery has complicated matters somewhat.
    The rest of the family is in line for the jab
    I hope it all works out. I'm off to have my second stab this morning. I regard myself as vulnerable, and if I get covid I'm high risk. Heart disease, overweight, blood pressure, borderline diabetes. Although it's been over 25 years, I was a heavy smoker (legal and illegal) and my lungs are stuffed really.

My best friends wife is a cancer survivor, and at 70 can't get the jab either.

Once again I'd like to thank the f*cking Chinese government for ruining the world.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

efab (28-08-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Thanks

got a laugh out of that. Best engineer I've for years, whether he is or not deosn't matter.

Yhe life and times of NSW health and politics, mind you it could be any state if they were having the same issues

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

So the Queensland premier says she won't open the borders until all the children are vaccinated even though this has not been done anywhere in the world.

Looks like fortress Qld is coming...The wall can't be far away now

"Annastacia Palaszczuk may keep Queensland border closed until kids are jabbed"
    “You open up this state and you let the virus in here and every child under 12 is vulnerable, every single child.”
    Ms Palaszczuk said she would “stand strong” on borders “until I can get every child vaccinated”.
    “I honestly believe that we need to have further research done on what happens to the 0 to 12-year-old cohort as they remain unvaccinated,” she said.
    Last edited by mandc; 03-09-21 at 11:28 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

enf (03-09-21),fromaron (03-09-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Just another agreement signed off on and then reneged on.....another bald faced lie.

These premiers have control and won't let go.....

Australia as a united country has been destroyed by them. As I've said before, they are traitors, nothing more.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fromaron (03-09-21),Jma (03-09-21)

Thanks

i wold not be vaccinating any kids after what the Germans found.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeprommemory View Post
    i wold not be vaccinating any kids after what the Germans found.

LOL! ...okay. I'll thank you for the laugh, but seriously you could've posted that in the joke thread. Why? Took me a moment to find the cited document...why? It's been retracted by the website that published it =^)

It's BS mate... along with most crap that appears on twitter

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (12-09-21),shred (12-09-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

More woe in the wind...................

• Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1565105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast