Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Had the Astra Zeneca on the first 2 and the pfizer booster on the 3rd jab..
    Sore arm for the first few days and a slight headache then I felt like crap after that.

Now, they're saying a 4th jab before winter.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,239 Times in 1,920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    ...I fail to see why some nurses think they shouldn’t be vaccinated against Coronavirus...
    I'm guessing because they are smart enough to realise that its not actually a vaccination, look up the meaning of vaccination, its meant to give immunity against disease, but Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Moderna et al do not give immunity, whatsmore they would realise that even after having the shots they can still get Coronavirus and they can still pass it on to their patients, so maybe knowing the myriad of side effects, as has been said previously, that have been brushed under the rug, they have a reluctance to subject themselves to the risks, but of course, I forgot State Health Ministers, Premiers and Prime Ministers know much better than a lowly nurse...
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Had the Astra Zeneca on the first 2 and the pfizer booster on the 3rd jab..
    Sore arm for the first few days and a slight headache then I felt like crap after that.

Now, they're saying a 4th jab before winter.
    Same..as I said. The AZ was fine but the pfizer knocked me about a bit after two days.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Johnno (20-02-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Default Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I'm guessing because they are smart enough to realise that its not actually a vaccination, look up the meaning of vaccination, its meant to give immunity against disease, but Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Moderna et al do not give immunity, whatsmore they would realise that even after having the shots they can still get Coronavirus and they can still pass it on to their patients, so maybe knowing the myriad of side effects, as has been said previously, that have been brushed under the rug, they have a reluctance to subject themselves to the risks, but of course, I forgot State Health Ministers, Premiers and Prime Ministers know much better than a lowly nurse...
    Not all vaccines give you an immunity, many simply reduce the severity of illness and increase protection. The standard Influenza vaccination is a perfect example.

And on that, most nurses are required to be vaccinated against influenza each year. Even after flu shots, they can still get the flu, pass it onto their patients, and get side effects. Sound familiar?

Despite the above, they still get their yearly flu vaccination. Why not their Covid vaccination?

Edit: And the Premiers/PM making their decisions are doing so based on leading health experts in relevant fields. These experts definitely know more than a ‘lowly’ (your term) nurse.
    Last edited by peteramjet; 18-02-22 at 03:38 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (18-02-22),Uncle Fester (22-02-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Edit: And the Premiers/PM making their decisions are doing so based on leading health experts in relevant fields. These experts definitely know more than a ‘lowly’ (your term) nurse.
    Hmmm....the trrouble is that there are 8 state and territory leaders and the federal government. Each has a different strategy. They meet, they agree, and then usually within a day the premiers renege.......

Now, at the beginning I made the decision to go with the advice of the top body in the feild, that being Brendan Murphy and the nationally acquired experts in this area. Haven't changed my mind at all. Most of the premiers and chief ministers are just traitors as far as I am concerned. They've sold out their citizens AND their country for personal and cheap political glory.

The fact that there are eight or nine different sets of advice can only lead to one outcome. Either one is right, or all are wrong. I'll go with Morrison and the Fed advisory body sourced from universities for the most part. The rest are just bureaucrats.

I haven't been able to check, but I read somewhere today that the number of deaths of completely healthy uncompromised individuals stands at 83. Dunno where that figure came from. Eighty f*cking three. And we've allowed the nation to be bankrupted and tossed away our national cohesion for that.....all because of irrational fear.

I sincerely hope that figure is incorrect.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Therein lies the problem with the Australian political system. Either we should have just a Federal Govt (no state govt - I'll address that issue later) or we have just State Govt. Both alternatives have their own issues. If you live on the eastern seaboard, then perhaps a Federal Govt only would work - given the large voter base then government would cater for that base, bugga those of us outside of Sydney/Melbourne/Brisvegas. Of course if we do away with the Feds and go for a State only system, then we have other issues where the poorer states will miss out on some of the benefits of the feds. We'd also have a situation where each state could say "I don't want to deal with (insert state name here) and all people form that state would need a passport. Yeah! Riiight! Personally, I think we should run the country like a business where we vote for a Board, who then employs a man and team to run the country. If he fails to perform, he is out of a job. OF course there are problems there, too.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I haven't been able to check, but I read somewhere today that the number of deaths of completely healthy uncompromised individuals stands at 83. Dunno where that figure came from. Eighty f*cking three. And we've allowed the nation to be bankrupted and tossed away our national cohesion for that.....all because of irrational fear.

I sincerely hope that figure is incorrect.
    There's that word again....'hope'....I hope that one day, pigs WILL fly..... =^)

A lot of the trouble checking stuff, is that you have to wait for collated data ~ if covid were a 5 year long study, it's only towards the end, retrospectively, that the true numbers reveal themselves.

Anyhoo.... I had a sniff about for similar national data, like the Qld deaths registry....and I found it, quite the interesting read -->

Thanks

I'm guessing because they are smart enough to realise that its not actually a vaccination, look up the meaning of vaccination, its meant to give immunity against disease, but Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Moderna et al do not give immunity,
    CDC changed the vaccination and vaccine meaning. Meriam Webster also changed the definition. They replaced the word immunity with immune response, claiming it has nothing to do with COVID.
    Why don't I trust those people for the last two years?

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (18-02-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    CDC changed the vaccination and vaccine meaning. Meriam Webster also changed the definition. They replaced the word immunity with immune response, claiming it has nothing to do with COVID.
    Why don't I trust those people for the last two years?
    CDC & Mariam-Webster, both American, the same mob who think that the winners in their domestic sporting competitions, are the “World Champions”.
    They replaced the word immunity with immune response, claiming it has nothing to do with COVID.” I wonder if they have a definition of “snow job” too? Probably says “see definition for vaccination”
    I don’t think I’ve ever trusted these people, but definitely not the last 2 years.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

fromaron (18-02-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Lol, you didn’t really type that with a straight face???
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Thanks

Default Coronavirus

Hmmm....the trrouble is that there are 8 state and territory leaders and the federal government. Each has a different strategy. They meet, they agree, and then usually within a day the premiers renege.......
    The view of all states/territory leaders regarding requirements to have nurses vaccinated are the same across the country.

I don’t disagree that there have been differences, especially around borders. But the requirements for nurses to be vaccinated is the same across the country.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The view of all states/territory leaders regarding requirements to have nurses vaccinated are the same across the country.

I don’t disagree that there have been differences, especially around borders. But the requirements for nurses to be vaccinated is the same across the country.
    You mean they concur on something? I'm not taking a stance on the issue, just pointing out the possibilities.

And as I said before, one of the two possibilities is that they are all wrong.

Thanks

Default Coronavirus

You mean they concur on something? I'm not taking a stance on the issue, just pointing out the possibilities.
    After 2+ years of differences they had to finally agree on something

But jokes aside, most states have concurred with the health advice across the board during this entire pandemic - it is how they implemented strategies around that advice that differed.

And as I said before, one of the two possibilities is that they are all wrong.
    Always a possibility - many forget that science is never completely settled. It’s all about making verifiable conclusions based on precise observations. Over time those observations may change, thereby changing the conclusions.

What can be said however is that as of now the best medical advice is that these nurses should be vaccinated.
    Last edited by peteramjet; 19-02-22 at 04:12 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (19-02-22)

Thanks

Over time those observations may change, thereby changing the conclusions.

What can be said however is that as of now the best medical advice is that these nurses should be vaccinated.
    That is correct that conclusions change over time based on observations so should the medical advice.

With current state of the pandemic the observations are:
    1. the virus causes much milder sickness.
    2. The vaccine does not stop the infection at all.
    3. Having the vaccine can reduce the severity of illness of the person who received the shot but will not protect those around.
    4. The vaccine did not go through the testing of at least five years yet and nobody can predict the long term effects except the promises given by the vaccine producers that it is safe.

What is reason nurses and some other services are forced to vaccinate and get the booster? The bullshit statement is that to protect all around you is an old statement and doesn't work today. It simply doesn't protect anyone.

Why don't we see changed conclusion or changed medical advice then? Actually the medical advice is not about mandating vaccines at all. Vaccination is a recommendation only and it is recommended to protect the vaccine receiver only.
    It is our politicians who want to control masses mandate the vaccination as they use it to show public how much they care about everyone's health. They invent their own mandates and don't give a damn about people own will and freedoms.

Nurses should vaccinate only to protect themselves and who doesn't want to risk they should work without the vaccine - that is their personal choice and no-one except themselves should make it.

People say the best medical advice is for nurses to vaccinate - where does it say they must vaccinate? I only saw medical advice directed at everyone not single out nurses or others.
    Last edited by fromaron; 19-02-22 at 09:14 PM.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (20-02-22),ammlione (20-02-22),Johnno (20-02-22),Landytrack (22-02-22),wotnot (20-02-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    That is correct that conclusions change over time based on observations so should the medical advice.

With current state of the pandemic the observations are:
    1. the virus causes much milder sickness.
    2. The vaccine does not stop the infection at all.
    3. Having the vaccine can reduce the severity of illness of the person who received the shot but will not protect those around.
    4. The vaccine did not go through the testing of at least five years yet and nobody can predict the long term effects except the promises given by the vaccine producers that it is safe.

What is reason nurses and some other services are forced to vaccinate and get the booster? The bullshit statement is that to protect all around you is an old statement and doesn't work today. It simply doesn't protect anyone.

Why don't we see changed conclusion or changed medical advice then? Actually the medical advice is not about mandating vaccines at all. Vaccination is a recommendation only and it is recommended to protect the vaccine receiver only.
    It is our politicians who want to control masses mandate the vaccination as they use it to show public how much they care about everyone's health. They invent their own mandates and don't give a damn about people own will and freedoms.

Nurses should vaccinate only to protect themselves and who doesn't want to risk they should work without the vaccine - that is their personal choice and no-one except themselves should make it.

People say the best medical advice is for nurses to vaccinate - where does it say they must vaccinate? I only saw medical advice directed at everyone not single out nurses or others.

By golly...were you hiding in the room when I was at pathology? =) You pretty much covered all the ground the vampire did (as I say, ex RN now just a blood sampler), but she drew in comparison the HPV vaccine (cervical cancer vaccine), which took nine years to develop...I myself, was part of a clinical trial, non-control/placebo, search for a cure/vaccine for the particular genome/type of HCV (hepatitis C) I had, and it took them roughly the same time to develop that...thankfully....(the trial threatened to kill me before the virus was dead =)

Many of these workers in the health sector, simply cannot believe an effective vaccine for this could be produced, in any shorter time period...which is basically what we've got - nothing. A fully vaccinated nurse, for example, could subsequently become infected, and just because they are fully vaccinated, this goes undetected for a longer amount of time because they're not under strict scrutiny. It's not that they object to being vaccinated, but they understand that in the way that if they're vaccinated against ie; smallpox, they won't catch that nor pass it on to anyone else, and that's not what we're looking at here with this 'vaccine'.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (20-02-22),ammlione (20-02-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Both to Fromaron and Wotnot, absolutely spot on and well said.
    I can’t believe that there are still so many who listen to and subscribe to the drivel that comes out of politician’s mouths, let alone the so called fair weather medical experts advising them who have changed their so called expert minds as often as the wind has changed throughout this whole pandemic, surely by now it has to be seen the monumental cluster f#@k this has all become.

Yes I took my 2 doses of Astra Zenica and then my Pfizer booster as I relied on the so called expert advice passed on by State and Federal Government and stupidly believed them, but with 20/20 hindsight I have to ask myself wtf have I done and what will be the consequences for my health in 5 or 10 years time if I’m still alive as more and more information comes to light of just how uncertain these so called experts are. I concur with a comment made earlier in this thread, a quote from Men in Black, we really are a gullible breed, unfortunately I will have to reluctantly place myself in that category as should many others who have posted in this thread who are still blindly following what the fair weather “experts” are advising politicians…
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

ammlione (20-02-22),enf (20-02-22),Landytrack (22-02-22),wotnot (20-02-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Both to Fromaron and Wotnot, absolutely spot on and well said.
    I can’t believe that there are still so many who listen to and subscribe to the drivel that comes out of politician’s mouths, let alone the so called fair weather medical experts advising them who have changed their so called expert minds as often as the wind has changed throughout this whole pandemic, surely by now it has to be seen the monumental cluster f#@k this has all become.

Yes I took my 2 doses of Astra Zenica and then my Pfizer booster as I relied on the so called expert advice passed on by State and Federal Government and stupidly believed them, but with 20/20 hindsight I have to ask myself wtf have I done and what will be the consequences for my health in 5 or 10 years time if I’m still alive as more and more information comes to light of just how uncertain these so called experts are. I concur with a comment made earlier in this thread, a quote from Men in Black, we really are a gullible breed, unfortunately I will have to reluctantly place myself in that category as should many others who have posted in this thread who are still blindly following what the fair weather “experts” are advising politicians…
    Yes, we are a gullible breed...

But, there are certain sections of "expert" advice that we can rule out immediately. If this pandemic has shown anything at all, it's that the media should be in charge of absolutely f*cking nothing. They have been totally consistent about one thing...BEING WRONG. At the beginning, ABC 250,000 dead, Nine Network Papers like the Age, 300,000 dead, Murdoch at least 150,000 dead. It's THEY who have instituted the panic, it's THEY that have muddied the waters for joe average, and it's THEY who have given the politicians and bureaucrats the power to strangle our rights and freedoms.

But it's WE who have let it happen and we will continue to do so as long as they can keep enough people scared. Throw in social media to give the extreme lunatic voice a platform and it's a recipe for the national political and social disaster that is unfolding before our eyes. Our cohesion as a nation is gone.

Sorry, raving a bit there...................

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (20-02-22),ammlione (20-02-22),Johnno (20-02-22),Landytrack (22-02-22),mandc (20-02-22),wotnot (20-02-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Geez enf no apologies are required, although you put it a different way it’s still a monumental cluster f#@k no matter which way it’s looked at
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

♪"And the magic fear cup keeps on filling"♪

Now STEALTH OMICRON...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

That is from last January... or yesteryear in this past paced viral information network.
    The report does say:
    Even with its recent surge in cases, Denmark is easing restrictions because the number of COVID patients needing intensive care is decreasing.
    Not exactly fear mongering.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (22-02-22),Landytrack (22-02-22)

• Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast