Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,080 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    ....just an update... "Albanese government kills COVIDSafe app, calling it a 'colossal waste' of money" ...

Some catharsis for ppl like myself that said from the get go 'it will not, cannot work'....cost the taxpayer enough to arrive at the same result... =)
    It wasn't MEANT to work, and the ALP knew this. The purpose was to reassure the scared and fearful that the world knew what it was doing....until keeping people scared and fearful became useful to politicians. We carried a picture of a tick in our phone photos to show. The app wouldn't even install on my phone as the phone was too old.

Like Rudds payment in the GFC. These things have their own usefulness, and the money is largely irrelevant.

People act as if these sorts of amounts of government money are meaningful. They should be but they're not.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

gulliver (10-08-22),wotnot (10-08-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

People act as if these sorts of amounts of government money are meaningful. They should be but they're not.
    That's the pity of it to be sure =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

gulliver (10-08-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

If you thought things got crazy here.....

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

WOW what a mess. Even our pollies are not that bad

Super Moderator
    Thanks

And there are fools here, like some of the greens and media luminaries, that think China has a good bead on things....FFS, we are dumb sometimes.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Xi thought he could control covid like he controls the populace.

Looks like he got both wrong.

Interesting to see if his views will change regarding trying to control the rest of the world...probably not

• The Following User Says Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

enf (15-12-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I liked the aspect of now the CCP playing it down as not as bad as first made out, now the ppl believe it's worse than the CCP are saying...lol... talk about lose lose instead of win win =)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

The comment at 10:51, made me laugh. "Da Bai people are revolting, too" Take it any way you like, out of context, appeals to me!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Out of control in China and will be out of control everywhere else shortly.
    It has never stopped here, it has just got worse

I only get to see my GP about every third appointment as my wife works in the Aged Care sector and if there is an outbreak our GP will only have the appointment via Telehealth.
    My wife's work is currently under full outbreak conditions, under which they pay a 40% outbreak allowance on top of their hourly rate.

It's a pity the Federal Government wont give aged care workers an immediate pay rise as they need to exercise "fiscal responsibility". A bit like making a multi million dollar payout to Brittney Higgins but barring the public from knowing anything about it ?

There will be no aged care workers left soon. They are chronically understaffed as it is and most do not work full time nor want to. As an example, from the group of 8-10 my wife works with, my wife said she is the "poorest". We are not rich, but own 75% of out house and are not drowning in debt or anything. But all the women she works with only work a couple of days a week for "wine money" and for the social aspect. All drive brand new cars, own multiple properties and holiday outside Australia.
    Now if the government wants to piss this group off, who couldn't give a shit if they work or not, they are in big trouble.

Refusing to give that payrise immediately is a huge slap in the face to aged care workers. Clearly woke issues like Higgins are more important.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Out of control in China and will be out of control everywhere else shortly.
    It has never stopped here, it has just got worse
    Still no reporting of how the unvaccinated (like myself) are getting along ....funny that.

You're correct though, it hasn't stopped ....wait for the 'long covid' studies to complete, and the adverse long term effects of the jab come out... fun times ahead =)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Know two young people that are currently laid out with it. REALLY laid out.

My eldest daughter was in Sydney with one of them for a concert, but didn't go the second night. She's fine he's got it bad.

Refusing to give that payrise immediately is a huge slap in the face to aged care workers. Clearly woke issues like Higgins are more important.
    This is the way it works...these guys are liars just like everyone else.

Promise an immediate payrise for aged care workers BEFORE the election then delay it 2 years...I think that's what the minister responsible said.

Promise no deals with the Greens BEFORE the election then get into bed with them straight after.

Promise not to touch Australia day BEFORE the election, then start whiteanting it after.

Now I'm sure that the ABC will be preparing their report exposing these lies as we speak......

Thanks

But all the women she works with only work a couple of days a week for "wine money" and for the social aspect. All drive brand new cars, own multiple properties and holiday outside Australia.
    That is definitely not typical. I have a relative who went in to aged care earlier this year. Most of the staff are “new Australians”, who are totally dependent on the income from the nursing home. The car park is full of old, beat up cars with dings on every corner - many displaying P plates.

The wages they receive for some of the things they put up with is criminal.

• The Following User Says Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (25-12-22)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    That is definitely not typical. I have a relative who went in to aged care earlier this year. Most of the staff are “new Australians”, who are totally dependent on the income from the nursing home. The car park is full of old, beat up cars with dings on every corner - many displaying P plates.

The wages they receive for some of the things they put up with is criminal.
    I confirm that is what my wife and I have observed.
    Then there often seems to be one 'white' Australian who is the the boss and treats them like slaves.
    One of my wife's friends(trained nurse in age care) gave up as she couldn't handle the bullying and despite the prospect of becoming Australian wants now to go back to her country.

As for Covid, my wife and I still wear masks in confined public areas. Nobody else here does.
    Strange that in other countries like Japan nobody has a problem wearing a mask, it is voluntary but most still do.

Long Covid is real but it is not allowed to report about it apparently.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (26-12-22),shred (25-12-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Long Covid is real but it is not allowed to report about it apparently.
    Que? More like they don't want inconvenient truths being broadcast to those who follow mainstream media....

"We experienced a larger burden of infection in a vaccinated population" .... why am I not surprised.....

The UK study has burnt up 50million GBP ....

....reports are out there, still in progress....but keep it out of mainstream media, that way no one will notice =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Strange that in other countries like Japan nobody has a problem wearing a mask, it is voluntary but most still do.
    It's actually not strange. People in Japan worn masks for decades before covid like in other countries - especially heavily polluted.
    We could see a lot of Asians in Australia were wearing masks long before covid during flu seasons.

That is why in Japan government didn't have to legally mandate masks - people just wear it out of pre-caution. Hopefully it helps them - actual covid numbers do not look good there - maybe because they do not use N95 masks.

I am going to Japan in three weeks so will see the actual situation there.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (26-12-22),Uncle Fester (26-12-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I carry one in a plastic bag in the car. It has an extra filter added too. I wear it when I have to.

Half of the masks you see are laughable. Went to the doctor for my yearly license physical. Walked in without a mask. I looked at the receptionist and she smiled and said "just use one of ours".

This thing was one of those pathetic blue things. I took one look at it and said "No elastic? I have to tie it on? Ummmmm...I'll go back out to the car ang get my own."

Ridiculous.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (26-12-22)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Those blue things are just spit collectors and I see Asians mostly wearing them, so it would be no wonder if the numbers are going up there.

I am using the P2 with VALVE and 2 rubber bands around the neck/head. Never fogs up the glasses and the valve makes breathing much easier.
    When we had the mandate I had already ordered 100 only to find out that they were banned because of the valve.
    Now I can happily wear them, even if I still get 'the look' occasionally.

The behind ear straps of my KN94's were always fighting with my glasses and behind ear hearing aids.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 26-12-22 at 07:14 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

In Vienna a couple of weeks back most people were wearing masks on public transport as per the government recommendation. Spot the tourists 🤣
    In Prague you see the odd person wearing them. What corona virus 😝

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post

I am going to Japan in three weeks so will see the actual situation there.
    It was very interesting experience.
    Apart from the fact people in Japan are very obedient, they will wear mask only because everyone does it. Quite a few people I spoke with believe that masks are useless but because all wear it they will use them too - no questions or arguments there.
    Closed loop - never ended.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I don't hear from my sister much, she just got back from overseas (again, she travels a lot)

When she got home, she had an email from her health insurer, informing her the policy was going up 200 dollars... She rang them and asked why... They said it's because of the VAX.

She said, but I haven't had the VAX. Okay they said we will correct it... What does that tell you ?

• Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast