Page 28 of 133 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post

I bet you nothing changes
    It won't in China. Thats the price of military dictatorships.

Here at least the people have a minor say every 3 years or so....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (22-03-20),Uncle Fester (21-03-20)

Thanks

I see where they have decided to close Bondi Beach to stop the spread of the disease. Sounds counter productive to me, isn't fresh air, sunshine and salt water the enemy of all viruses? If the people can't go to the beach are they going to gather in other places without the fresh air, sunshine or salt water?

Premium Member
    Thanks

And won't the "Preppers" and "Bug Out" nutbags be all smug now.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Far and away the biggest cause of the panic buying /hoarding is the lousy scum mongerels called the media whom are blowing things out of proportion and busting a gut to scare the shit out of everyone.

What the hell the gubbermint think people are going to do when the population is incited to panic?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

enf (22-03-20),Jma (21-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Far and away the biggest cause of the panic buying /hoarding is the lousy scum mongerels called the media whom are blowing things out of proportion and busting a gut to scare the shit out of everyone.

What the hell the gubbermint think people are going to do when the population is incited to panic?
    Well hopefully people stay indoors at home for a couple of weeks you'd hope.

I don't really see a problem with the panic buying, every retail outlet in the country has a "Sale" sign out 365 days a year now days
    Other business have 400 closing down sales

Wow, so the Supermarkets got the best sales figures on record, they should be happy
    No one is dieing from over buying

I'm only sad its not for a better cause
    I remember after the Black Saturday fires Coles had deal they would give thier daily profits to the Black Saturday Bushfire Appeal
    I went with a mate and we spent up BIG on that day, i still had tinned food 6 years later from that very shop.

It's all perspective. We were made to feel proud for spending big and hoarding like a squirrel that day.

EDIT:

Woolworths Limited donated $1 million.[27] Wesfarmers donated $500,000. Their supermarket division, Coles, donated profits from all stores on Friday 13 February while Kmart, their discount department store chain, donated $100,000 to The Salvation Army.[28]
    And we haven't even heard from our biggest and closest corrupt nation yet, Indonesia.
    That place must be rife with untested cases of the virus
    Last edited by ol' boy; 21-03-20 at 03:53 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (22-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Last edited by ol' boy; 21-03-20 at 04:46 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (21-03-20),mandc (21-03-20),shred (23-03-20)

Thanks

^^^^ What the fk did you want trump to do? Start screaming like the media we are all going to die? Maybe he knew and was advised if you don't play it down there will panic and hoarding and make the problem worse..... Like what has happened here.

You see what he said in public, you don't know what was done behind closed doors. Got to say, If it was me, I'd do the same. Try and keep the people calm, wait and see how it went and act accordingly while taking precautions and getting ready if the worst came to the worst... if it did. The opposiste of blowing it up and putting the fear into people serves no use at all. Wasn't going to make anything different other than worse.

Yeah, maybe he got it wrong, who the Fk hasn't? Most of the info from China that was the source was lied about and wrong yet people expect trump and others to have a Crystal Ball?
    is anyone making and putting these sort of blame game vids up about the Chinese leaders and their complete and utter bullshit or is the media and lefties just going to the soft target that they have vested interests in?

The other thing is look what happened here, We'll send them to Christmas Island. Oh No! Can't do that , let everyone in.... And until what? yesterday? they were STILL coming in!
    Now there is a bullshit Fkup to have a valid whinge about! We should have been shut down a Month ago but oh no, don't want to upset the chinese gubbermint or offend the students that come here and make the university's rich, can't do that!

We had the best chance of anyone to isolate but we Fked that up. What country Did get it exactly right though? Some are better than others but no one has been spared.
    Are people making memes about scomo or isn't he important enough to be used as a leftie Punching bag?

Honestly, shits me to tears how all the sooks blame everything that they can on trump but ignore and refuse to give him credit for what he has done right. He has got the country in a far better position than it's been in years but lets sweep that aside and blow up everything he does ( and doesn't ) do wrong and make out he's the devil and an idiot and give him no credit at all.

Yeah, I do think he's ok but regardless, Just completely bored shitless of the same old blame him for everything and make up bullshit to make people feel better about their own shortcomings. It's real old now. People need to come up with something else to bitch about and change the worn out record and stop making every thing that goes wrong a political opportunity and stunt. It's ridiculous!

If they want to blame someone for stupidity at best and culpability in earnest, How about the lies of the Chinese whom are largely responsible for this and are 1000X more corrupt than Trump could be if he put effort into it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    I see where they have decided to close Bondi Beach to stop the spread of the disease. Sounds counter productive to me, isn't fresh air, sunshine and salt water the enemy of all viruses? If the people can't go to the beach are they going to gather in other places without the fresh air, sunshine or salt water?
    I tend to agree. Aside from that, they are likley to consume some alcohol which as I pondered earlier, might that not have an effect if it's in the bloodstream to kill anything that shouldn't be there.
    Have they closed the university's yet? Probably not because they don't want to upset the paying Chinese students and have them ask for a refund!

I think I'll take my chances of catching something on a beach rather than in a university with thousands of people sharing the same indoor spaces.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post

When you correct that graph to Australia now surpassing 1000(as I expected earlier) it is clear that we are following the path of Italy and most others.
    Wow, the US curve is the worst of all, could surpass China in a week or less if it is true China has no new cases ...Trump now in panic, too late mate !

So school closures make things worse ScoMo you numbskull? Look at Hong Kong !
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 21-03-20 at 06:24 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    The density of our metro areas can be compared to those in Italy and many other countries in the world.

I am not using a linear function but the exponential f(x) = X^2 which is pretty close to what the curve is looking like.
    True.

I was only ever taught SIR models -

Fortunately, time will tell if your mathematical approach is applicable...(and you won't have to wait long to find out =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (22-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

When you correct that graph to Australia now surpassing 1000(as I expected earlier) it is clear that we are following the path of Italy and most others.
    !
    Agreed, yesterday at this time, we were half way between the "pack" and Japan, looking not too bad.... Hmmmm not now

Last edited by ol' boy; 22-03-20 at 04:34 AM.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    True.

I was only ever taught SIR models -

Fortunately, time will tell if your mathematical approach is applicable...(and you won't have to wait long to find out =)

We(Australians) are a long way before equilibrium occurs. You must consider we are yet to start our flu season, while for the northern hemisphere it is soon ending.
    Our curve may flatten for a short time when the effects of border closures kick in but internal infections, especially the unexplained, will take over.
    Just watching on telly that Aussies are out and about not bothered with any 'social distancing'.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 21-03-20 at 07:42 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Anybody who thinks this 'hoarding' might be only because of psychological disorders is somewhat off the track.
    No, it's not a psychological disorder, it's a response to stress.
    Stocking up for a week or two is reasonable. Buying out the supermarket of items & deny the regular shoppers their weekly shop supply is selfish.
    Don't get me started on the profiteers & foreigners that are buying up & sending it home.

I don't know if all these clever ppl including our 'experts' in our gov have considered what will happen when we finally have to totally shut down.
    Of course they have & it may not be what you expect.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

carjackma (21-03-20),Tiny (22-03-20),Uncle Fester (21-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

We(Australians) are a long way before equilibrium occurs. You must consider we are yet to start our flu season, while for the northern hemisphere it is soon ending.
    Our curve may flatten for a short time when the effects of border closures kick in but internal infections, especially the unexplained, will take over.
    Just watching on telly that Aussies are out and about not bothered with any 'social distancing'.
    Yep, that's a reasonable hypothesis ~ a great deal will depend on if/when they formulate an effective treatment/cure/vaccine.

Just watched this ; some interesting numbers --- I particular applauded the use of the term 'human malware' =)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Yep, that's a reasonable hypothesis ~ a great deal will depend on if/when they formulate an effective treatment/cure/vaccine.

Just watched this ; some interesting numbers --- I particular applauded the use of the term 'human malware' =)

LOL, I have been hoarding computer hardware for 35 years.
    No panic here

Premium Member
    Thanks

Only in America ...

Premium Member
    Thanks

Austria and Norway have amazing low death rate compared to numbers infected.... i wonder why?

Thanks

was looking at this site and the percentage increase is disturbing
    looking like all the euro countries.

13 march = 199
    20 march = 928

400 % increase in a week

good old polis they know best

• Page 28 of 133 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast