Page 36 of 133 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

New Zealand have now banned recreational fishing

VR Fish in Vic are saying you cant go fishing, unless you alone

What happened to boat safety 101??

Get farked, i'm fishing tomorrow
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-03-20),DB44 (26-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Bullshit... No fishing with my mates? That's the final nail for me. lol War!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Bullshit... No fishing with my mates? That's the final nail for me. lol War!!
    We just decided we never read that

We'll need to be told
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Johnno (27-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

This seems a far more accurate account of China

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    What I dont understand is if the lot of us stay at home for the next few months and the Covid 19 dies off (economy ruined) and we go out in the street say in December and everyone is happy so what happens if a fully blown infected person with covid-19 come out from overseas again and infects the lot of us in late December early January 2021.
    This is the conundrum being faced, and why isolation alone won’t defeat the virus, as it will simply re-emerge.

They need large numbers in the community to be infected by the virus to build up a herd immunity, but at the same time they need to spread the people getting the virus over the larger possible time frame to avoid the health system being overrun. This is why we are not being forced to remain isolated.

At this stage, despite the ‘doom and gloom’ in the media, Australia is managing the virus well and as planned.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

mandc (26-03-20),Mr 672A (27-03-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    What I dont understand is if the lot of us stay at home for the next few months and the Covid 19 dies off (economy ruined) and we go out in the street say in December and everyone is happy so what happens if a fully blown infected person with covid-19 come out from overseas again and infects the lot of us in late December early January 2021. The Only difference I see they might have a vaccine ready then. Something does not add up here. (Yes I know about the Hospitals respirator and they cannot have 2 million population in the Hospital).
    Maybe you should read the article (the whole article) I posted on the page before.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks

Flatten the Curve

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Talking about people being fined for not social Distancing on the TV this morning yet tens of thousands still getting on Busses and trains and being packed in like sardines.
    Nothing Hypocritical there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Talking about people being fined for not social Distancing on the TV this morning yet tens of thousands still getting on Busses and trains and being packed in like sardines.
    Nothing Hypocritical there.
    they were fined because they had entered the country after the
    14 day self isolation requirement came in place and as such were
    told to self isolate for 14 days.

but i agree about the social distancing , i have placed signs at lift doors
    stating maximum of 2 people and everyone was up in arms yelling at me etc.

The funniest part was they then started blowing up because we had not supplied
    a hand santiser station in the building because they have to touch a door handle

go figure which part of fkn stupid i told them all they fit into
    Last edited by fandtm666; 27-03-20 at 07:29 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Went through the NSW QLD border check at 6.15am on the Tugan Bypass and only a 10 minute delay as most cars had the Border Pass on the windscreen.

I was expecting a 2 hour wait so now sitting on my arse at 7am in an empty office waiting for my 9am start LOL

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

enf (27-03-20),hinekadon (27-03-20)

Thanks

Are the borders closed internationaly or Not?

I still see the planes coming in this morning from LA, Christchurch, Auckland, denpasar, Guangzhou, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Shanghai and more.
    And that is all into Sydney by 10 am!

Why in the FK are we letting ANYTHING come here from China ATM?

Thanks

@George, I think it's the 30, 000 Aussies abroad coming home.. many people were stuck overseas and slowly the Gov't is bringing them back.
    Last edited by Johnno; 27-03-20 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks

Stocks in the US are being manipulated. Nobody in the right mind would be buying if they knew how bad the Unemployment data is today and the fact the USA is today going to become the most infected country in the world.

Thanks

@George, I think it's the 30, 000 Aussies abroad coming home.. many people were stuck overseas and slowing the Gov is bringing them back.
    I wonder if when they land they will so much as get their temperature taken?

There were 4 planes from Kula Lumpur the other morning went into Melbourne and 2 Into Sydney 2 More into Sydney today. They have been coming in multiples all week long.
    Seems like a lot of people in one place to STILL be coming back.

Anyone still in china Should Fking stay in China for the meantime far as I'm concerned. At very leased they should be taken to a proper Quarantine and held there till cleared rather than this self Isolation Bullshit.

Thanks

Yep, all quarantined for 14 days on arrival and a special Gestapo task force has been setup to monitor and enforce the law.. as the media says I call BS
    Last edited by Johnno; 27-03-20 at 09:06 AM.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Stocks in the US are being manipulated. Nobody in the right mind would be buying if they knew how bad the Unemployment data is today and the fact the USA is today going to become the most infected country in the world.
    Yes by Trump.
    Since he said that it will be all over by Easter(in the USA) and the churches will be stack full, the stock market has been booming.
    Them printing $2Trillion also has a tad to do with it.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (27-03-20)

Thanks

Yep, I'm thinking the Feds buying it all up.. Looks like serious manipulation to me.

Thanks

Something tells me once this is over... China will rebound to become the worlds strongest economy..

The US & Europe will crash badly and take us with them, the War against China is looming..

Just a toilet roll moment.. lol

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    This is the conundrum being faced, and why isolation alone won’t defeat the virus, as it will simply re-emerge.

They need large numbers in the community to be infected by the virus to build up a herd immunity, but at the same time they need to spread the people getting the virus over the larger possible time frame to avoid the health system being overrun. This is why we are not being forced to remain isolated.

At this stage, despite the ‘doom and gloom’ in the media, Australia is managing the virus well and as planned.
    Herd mentality:

It has been observed that 20% of the infected require hospitalisation and 5% intensive care with ventilators.
    The hospitals can deal with the 3000+ cases we have currently, which is the reason why "we are managing well" but it is not as planned.

It is assumed 60% of us need to be infected for herd mentality to work. That is over 15million.
    Assuming the current infection rate in Australia we will already reach 15 Million in less than 7 weeks!
    That is 3 Million who require hospitalisation and 750,000 who require ventilated beds.
    NSW has 500 ventilated beds.
    As we don't have the capacity for the 3 Million who require hospitalisation, a large amount of them will also end up requiring the non existent intensive care with ventilation and die.
    So technically this moronic herd mentality will cost well over 1 Million Australians lives.

Anybody supporting this herd mentality BS should be arrested for Genocide!!!

Only with total shut down can we flatten the curve(like shown from a few civilised Asian countries) and maybe flatten the curve to a level that hospitals could cope until medication is available and we can become immune the civilised way.

Unfortunately we are already to late for that but we could still LIMIT the amount who will have to die because hospitals can't cope.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 27-03-20 at 10:45 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (27-03-20),Johnno (27-03-20)

Thanks

Yep, I'm thinking the Feds buying it all up.. Looks like serious manipulation to me.
    If you believe in the conspiracy it would have been like this:
    The institutionals(they may work for the Feds, I don't know) are the ones who initiated the dump with massive sells , the sheep followed, instos bought back at low, Trump did his pep talk, sheep buy back and at some stage it is rinse and repeat.
    Some might have the guts and try to copy the instos but I certainly won't. I will just sit through the whole thing. I am not a trader.

• Page 36 of 133 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast