Page 40 of 133 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

So now SlowMo is trying to track us all via What's App...... Far Cough SlowMo
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    t

You can still go to the supermarket and do your shopping, no one at the checkput waers gloves or any form of PPE.
    Get on a train or bus or other form of public transport and can't keep your personal space.
    Our local Supermarket (a Foodworks) has installed full height perspex screens, like in a bank!!
    The check out chicks wear gloves..

But the big problem is, they wear thier gloves all day, so you have your goods scanned by thier hands, thier gloves that have touched everyone else's shit, then passed back to you.... Hmmmmmm
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

efab (29-03-20),SS Dave (30-03-20),Tiny (29-03-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    From a buddy in Devon;

"Police urge Brits to spill the beans on neighbours suspected of breaching coronavirus lockdown: Telephone 'hotline' and online 'snoopers' forum are set up"

And just like that, the UK is a police state
    Same here & probably everywhere, it is used to get people to cooperate.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DB44 (29-03-20),hinekadon (29-03-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    So what if you don't have Twats App like me, or only turn your phone on when necessary, cause there is no reception where I frequent, like me.?
    I'm invisible, YES!
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (29-03-20),ol' boy (29-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    So what if you don't have Twats App like me, or only turn your phone on when necessary, cause there is no reception where I frequent, like me.?
    I'm invisible, YES!
    They had a website you can use
    Bahahaha, Slow Mo really thinks he's onto something here

Although this clearly is the next stage

Identify those that are positive, and then work out where they have been and who they have been in contact with.

But with What's App, bahahahaah

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (29-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Welcome to Communist Australia

Federal and state governments have moved to further restrict public gatherings of people from 10 to two.
    Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced a raft of new changes following a national cabinet meeting on Sunday, and said the two-person limit was for “public spaces and other areas of gathering”.

The limit will not apply to households, education or employment, while skate parks and public playgrounds will also be closed.
    Asked how it would apply to a family, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said parents and children could go for a walk together even if there were more than two.
    And he said it was important to allow a maximum of two people for safety reasons.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
    * No public gatherings over more than two people except family households
    * Only leave the house if to buy food, attend medical appointments, exercise
    * Outdoor gyms, parks, playgrounds, skate parks will be closed from midday tomorrow
    * Work from home, keep kids away from school unless emergency workers
    * People aged over 70 told to stay at home unless to attend medical appointments, buy essential supplies
    * Those aged over 60 with medical concerns, indigenous people over 50 advised to stay home

‘STAY AT HOME’
    “That provides, importantly, for those who may be getting daily exercise, particularly for women, that they wouldn’t be required to walk on their own and they be able to be walk with another person.
    “In addition, in public area, public playgrounds, outside gyms and skate parks will be closed as from tomorrow and boot camps will be reduced to two, which doesn’t really make it a boot camp, that makes it a private session with your trainer for those who are accessing those
    services.”

He said all Australians should remain at home except for a number of reasons. These included shopping for food and other essential items, medical care, compassionate needs, exercise and work or education if remote working or learning is not available.
    As well, people aged over 60 with chronic illness and indigenous people over the age of 50 should self-isolate as much as possible.

Thanks

Welcome to Communist Australia, Federal and state governments have moved to further restrict public gatherings of people from 10 to two.
    Sounds like a good idea to me, a little pain now, a whole lot less later on.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (30-03-20),Tiny (30-03-20),tristen (29-03-20),Uncle Fester (29-03-20)

Thanks

Our local Supermarket (a Foodworks) has installed full height perspex screens, like in a bank!!
    The check out chicks wear gloves..

But the big problem is, they wear thier gloves all day, so you have your goods scanned by thier hands, thier gloves that have touched everyone else's shit, then passed back to you.... Hmmmmmm
    yeah it sort of sounds like you need to sanitise everything inbetween customers.
    I don't see any other solution other than when you leave your house you need to be wearing full gear until you ge home again then destroy it

Maybe they could use the old ford factories and others to make all the PPE, at least it will give some people a job for a while

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    yeah it sort of sounds like you need to sanitise everything inbetween customers.
    I don't see any other solution other than when you leave your house you need to be wearing full gear until you ge home again then destroy it

Maybe they could use the old ford factories and others to make all the PPE, at least it will give some people a job for a while
    Yeah, that is right, i either take my own gloves, but then i still need to wash the packaging of EVERYTHING she touched
    Very interesting times...

I will add, they have a Sanitising Station at the front door of the supermarket, it is outside
    I'm not altogether sure if it is to be used before you go in or after you leave?
    Or both

But full marks for them doing everything they can to protect staff and patrons
    Last edited by ol' boy; 29-03-20 at 09:16 PM.

hinekadon (30-03-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Both is entirely logical.
    Gloves are useless. You will still scratch that itch on your face wearing gloves.
    Covering your face best with a scarf and glasses so you don't touch yourself is not that stupid and also good protection against ppl coughing, sneezing and spitting towards you. The latter is becoming a fashion now.
    Scarfs are easily washed. Masks don't completely cover and should not be wasted.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 29-03-20 at 10:22 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (30-03-20),hinekadon (30-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    B
    Covering your face best with a scarf and glasses s
    Should make going to the bank interesting

enf (30-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me, a little pain now, a whole lot less later on.
    I think you missed the sarcasm in my heading
    Also judging by SlowMo's list of what i can and can't do, looks like i can no longer go to the Post Office to collect my bills, yay!

Germany
    The finance minister of the German state of Hesse, Thomas Schäfer, apparently committed suicide in despair about the scale of the state response required to tackle the coronavirus crisis, initial investigations suggest.

Interesting measures implemented here

Last edited by ol' boy; 30-03-20 at 04:01 AM.

Thanks

I think you missed the sarcasm in my heading
    Yes I did, sorry.

However talking of politics, I find it interesting the way the Australian people and opposition party seem to have meekly accepted the draconian measures the PM has announced. I wonder if that would still be the case if we had a labor PM making them? I suspect not.

Premium Member
    Thanks

This is really going to hit those playing the Investment Property game, especially if you have a loan.

I notice SlowMo has put a six-month moratorium on evictions. Yet i don't see any help with Rates and Land Tax
    I know a few people that have already been affected by tenants not paying rent, luckily they do not have any loans over the properties
    Those playing the Interest Only loan game that have pushed the boundary, will be seeing a lot if not all thier wages going towards servicing thier loans, rate notices and land tax

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

This is really going to hit those playing the Investment Property game, especially if you have a loan.

I notice SlowMo has put a six-month moratorium on evictions. Yet i don't see any help with Rates and Land Tax
    I know a few people that have already been affected by tenants not paying rent, luckily they do not have any loans over the properties
    Those playing the Interest Only loan game that have pushed the boundary, will be seeing a lot if not all thier wages going towards servicing thier loans, rate notices and land tax
    Sigh!! Aren't Rates and Land Tax a state revenue system? Talk to Dan the Man.....don't blame Morrison for everything, it gets boring....

Yes, the old tenant and landlord conundrum. Been on both sides of that equation. Both parties have their bad apples.....heard of some tenants demanding lower rents lately too.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Sigh!! Aren't Rates and Land Tax a state revenue system? Talk to Dan the Man.....don't blame Morrison for everything, it gets boring....
    Hang on a tick, haven't they set up a national cabinet to make and implement all the decisions? The PM and all the Premiers and Chief Ministers sit around and decide on what has to be done then the responsible persons act on that while the PM announces it.

A valid point was made about banning evictions while nothing was said about rates and land tax. No one is blaming the PM, he makes the announcements about what they all decided. Looks like they overlooked the landlords who may be affected by the eviction ban. Perhaps enough people jumping up and down about it may force them to give that point some consideration.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (30-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post

A valid point was made about banning evictions while nothing was said about rates and land tax.
    And nothing was said about tenants not paying thier rent and/or the collection of it in the future
    Just a BS SlowMo statement, "Work with your bank, tenant etc... Have a nice chat over a cup of tea"

If tenants that have lost jobs or had thier business shut down, and can't pay thier rent now (or are at least going to run with that story because now they are protected)
    How on earth will they pay it in the future when they are paying current rent and also passed rent, while trying to pay for day to day expenses after a time of no income?

Gov just gave them 6 months free rent, then they walk

EDIT: It was 6 months non eviction period, not 3

My point is, with last night statement, tenants will just play the victim card.
    Not all, but plenty will... The same people that buy flat screens with Cash Injections.
    6 Months free rent, then start the 3 month eviction process... 9 months free

So where is the compensation for landlords?
    I'm ok with non eviction period if you drop rates and land tax for the same period of time, and make banks freeze payments for the same duration... Fair is Fair.
    Can't just lump your problem on a certain group of people.... These people are also the ones that will not be approved for any form of hardship payments too
    Last edited by ol' boy; 30-03-20 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

I haven't heard anything here in QLD about banning evictions , I thought Centrelink were being set up to pay people's rents to prevent them being evicted in the first place ??

• 30-03-20, 09:45 AM

Reason
    Do not post crap to increase post count to send uninvited/unwelcome PM

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    I haven't heard anything here in QLD about banning evictions , I thought Centrelink were being set up to pay people's rents to prevent them being evicted in the first place ??

Somewhere in there =) Been a long time since I've seen 'department of social security'...always figured it as some form of Orwellian oxymoron anyhow...

"Also from 25 March 2020, access to payments will become easier with a temporary removal of the requirement for an Employment Separation Certificate, proof of rental arrangements and verification of relationship status."

Uh-oh.... my first gut response to the announcement they were giving out extra support payments to newstart/job-seeker groups was one of "The unemployed ICE addicts are going to be happy...along with the dealers they buy off", but now I see that line above, I'll also add "I bet centerlink's robodebt collection system is going to be very busy for the next year and a half"

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (31-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

Maybe it's time to start to using a fake GPS coordinates put yourself in his house.

I am sure it could be done.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (30-03-20),ol' boy (30-03-20)

• Page 40 of 133 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast