Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Well Fishing is sorted, but i missed this one...

Victoria has backflipped on a rule that people who don’t live with their partners cannot visit them at home, bringing it into line with other states.

I have no idea how they were ever going to enforce that?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 01-04-20 at 08:00 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Johnno (02-04-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    The cure...........................

Ummm...some language might offend, ya c*nts!!!

I almost feel off my

I vote Scott Muttonhead for PM.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-04-20 at 08:08 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Tiny (02-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Plenty are, it a wonder you havent heard them screaming about it. Complaints galore as some are not 5 star.
    I don't watch the news. I haven't the stomach for their Bullshit, lefty agendas and sensationalism. I thought everyone had to be back in a fortnight ago?
    Maybe that was the tourist cutoff?
    If this is FINALLY being enforced, it's good they are doing it as they should have weeks ago.

Yeah, that would be my luck. The guy on the seat next to me would be put up in the intercon or marriot in a penthouse suite and I'd be shipped off to a shithole like the Ibis for a fortnight. That WOULD be tough in one of those rooms for 2 weeks. A night is bad enough. Stayed in one at the airport before flying out last year and the upgraded room was like a size 15 shoebox. I literally couldn't survive in there a fortnight.
    Hope they brought clean clothes back with them and not a heap of dirty Laundry.
    If the hotel does it, if they will touch it, won't be cheap either.

I wonder how Families are going to get on with a $90 a day food allowance from room service. That's barely one meal without wine for a couple at the prices they charge. Add in soft drinks etc for the kids and you could spend double that a day easily while still going without. I can see some of these people walking out with large bills they will have to foot themselves. Serves them right.

There was 2000, 3 days ago. You could probably triple that now.
    yeah, exactly as I calculated.
    So what happens next week if another even 4000 arrive and after that? Are they going to finally stop everyone coming in when all the hotels are full or re open Christmas Island which was the first thing till all the bleeding hearts started pissing their pants.

If these people went anywhere after march 1 they deserve to be locked up on CI for a month for their selfishness.
    Anyone that went in the last fortnight shouldn't be allowed back in at all till this is over.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (02-04-20)

Thanks

Another 39 international planes Due in tomorrow before 12 PM in Sydney. How many people and hotel rooms will that be?

About 17 Internationals into Brisbane by 12 as well as at least 30 from interstate. I thought the Qld border was closed? Supposedly? Are they going to be put in hotels as well?
    Yep, keep your social Distance walking down the street or you'll be fined but no problem packing into aircraft for a trip interstate. WTF are regionals still flying anyway. Any wonder it's getting into country towns?

Melbourne has about 30 Internationals for the day including a stack from NZ. No one goes to NZ for a month so when did they all leave and how come it's taken them this long to come back? They could well stay put and cover their own expenses.

They should give everyone a week to get back in or home or stay the fk where you are till we let you back in.

Thanks

yeah it is very confusing to most.

Stay at home but we willl keep bringing in all the fcktards are not capable of thinking, leave them out there, most are too stupid to be of use to humanity err australia if they can't do the right thing.

and for the floggers living in the hotels that are paid for by the gubbermint because they believe the are owed, shut the fck up and enjoy the gubbermint paying for your stupid rants.

they should be all put back on the boats and sent to sea.

If you are going to lock down the country then do it and not like we are facing now

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

eaglem (02-04-20),hinekadon (02-04-20),Johnno (02-04-20),Landytrack (02-04-20),shred (03-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

Talking with a local petrol station worker yesterday, related a story to me about one of there premises which is situated next door to the seedier side of town ... where all the local ice addicts & meth-heads live.

Since Monday, all the junkies have been hitting their ATM machine, expecting the one time centrelink payment to be in their accounts... seems they all read the 'payments start monday' bit, but not the 'all payments should be processed within a 2week period' part.

They've had to close the ATM ...disgruntled addicts not finding their payments, dealers accompanying users to the ATM to get what's owed them...but the money not being there and arguments/fights starting up... he said on Monday morning there was a line of people stretching out the front door.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (02-04-20),lsemmens (03-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post

Since Monday, all the junkies have been hitting their ATM machine, expecting the one time centrelink payment to be in their accounts...
    All these social welfare types should be subject to random Drug testing at least every 3 months before they get a damn cent. Those that have previously failed should have to do one before EVERY payment.

There is a drug/ methadone what ever the fk they are Clinic at the local Hospital near where the Diabetes Clinic I went to was. The dead shits that hung round there harassing people for money and smokes and frightening a lot of the oldies particularly was just wrong.
    I had one Fker I had see there before asked (demanded) money from me one day and when I politely said sorry, nothing to spare he went off into a tirade and started swinging like a drunk walrus. I just moved away and kept walking but then he wanted to follow me screaming and swinging so I stopped, told him to back off and when he didn't I dropped him like the sack of shit he was.
    i think security must have seen it on cameras or something because as I walked off leaving him on the ground they came racing out the door, although I was well away from him, asked if I was OK? I said fine, just want to get to my appointment. They left me and went to him which surprised me a bit but I disappeared quick.

-Most- of the time after that there was a security gaurd near the clinic and the no smoking rule was enforced and there were only ever a few deadbeats sitting quietly around not a bunch of them looking at people walking to the main entrance like they were about to roll them.

To me, giving them needles is like giving a burglar a new crow bar with no prints on it after every job.
    Giving them social security with out drug testing is complete stupidity.

I wonder if the current situation will have any effect on the drug trade? I doubt there will be much problem with supply but maybe prices will go up even as an excuse for the dealers to cash in??
    Wonder if these payments will co incide with an increase in overdoses?

VroomVroom (03-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

BREAKING: China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths.
    The U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (02-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Was that ever even a question?
    Obvious from the outset
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (02-04-20),Johnno (02-04-20),shred (03-04-20),Tiny (02-04-20)

Thanks

Apparently most countries are lying about the numbers.. Canada have just been questioned about their figures. /Data shows double

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    BREAKING: China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths.
    The U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report.

everyone knew that and every country would do that as well and are doing that aswell.

when you look at the charts you can only shake your head and think " yeah right as iff "

usa said there was sfa there but that was because they did sfa testing
    they didnt lie but hid the fact of the true problem by not testing now they have the highest number in the
    world over 20% of the worlds case's

look at india at the moment one of the most populated 4th world dirty disgusting countries
    in the world and they only have 1,998 with 58 dead ohh please

this was 16th march so they were not lying but failed to tell the true problem by not testing
    because they are the superior race in the eyes of their illustrious leader

The United States, a nation with a population of 327 million, has tested roughly 11,000 people for coronavirus.

South Korea, population 51 million, tests nearly 20,000 people per day.

Oh, and the two countries announced their first known cases of COVID-19 just hours apart.

Last edited by fandtm666; 02-04-20 at 12:06 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

Johnno (02-04-20),Landytrack (02-04-20)

Thanks

Yep, agree with you...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post

look at india at the moment one of the most populated 4th world dirty disgusting countries
    in the world and they only have 1,998 with 58 dead ohh please
    I was only discussing India last night with a friend.

Such an over crowded place with so many slums, so much poverty, lack of medical care of any type, such a high level of uneducation. what hope do they have when it's going through the civilised world the way it is?
    They won't even be able to get rid of the bodies fast enough and probably loose people through the ensuing health problems of that alone. They will need cremations the size of our bushfires to dispose of the dead.

If this is anything as bad as it clearly seems to be, I think it could literally end up altering the population numbers of places like India, Bangladesh, even places like Thailand, indo ( not that would be ANY loss) Philippines and a lot of places in Africa too.
    Anywhere people are lumped together in close contact it will go through like a dose of salts. many of these places have significant aged populations as well.
    One only has to see what it has done in places like Italy and they are far from 3rd world.

Any place that has slum like centres where there is no way to have measures like social distancing and health standards are already low, such as in places where the population suffers from indoor wood cooking respiratory complaints, is going to take a MASSIVE hit.

In these other constantly waring shitholes, whoever has survived their conflicts stands a Huge chance of being wiped out by this Chicom virus.

We are rightfully worried about ourselves and other civilised countries we get news from but some of these 3rd world countries may well cease to exist as we know them now.
    Last edited by george65; 02-04-20 at 12:29 PM.

Landytrack (02-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

I suspect that China has deliberately understated infections and deaths deliberately and substantially. Having said that, I doubt any countries at all have accurate figures, though some are doing their best. In Australia and I gather most countries resources for testing are limited. One doctor in Brisbane reported that every Doctor in her clinic had seen patients they were sure had the virus but were unable to be tested. Having symptoms alone is not enough to be tested.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (02-04-20),VroomVroom (03-04-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    I suspect that China has deliberately understated infections and deaths deliberately and substantially. Having said that, I doubt any countries at all have accurate figures, though some are doing their best. In Australia and I gather most countries resources for testing are limited. One doctor in Brisbane reported that every Doctor in her clinic had seen patients they were sure had the virus but were unable to be tested. Having symptoms alone is not enough to be tested.
    As long as we learn from this and get prepared for the next one. I'm not holding my breath though.

I notice the Chinese wet markets are still going full tilt despite the latest promises (lies) from China.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (02-04-20),Landytrack (02-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Yeah, Nah.
    Don't buy it. This late in the piece anyone that was coming home would already be home.
    Based on what? A hunch?

The ABS records 11.2 million overseas trips by Australians in 2018-2019. The average time overseas is 15 days, so at any one time there would be on average 460,000 Australians travelling overseas.

There are then the 346,000 Australian ex-pats (ABS as of 2013) who reside overseas.

That's more than 800,000 Australians who would have been overseas and may have been looking at coming home when the Government said to do so. That number doesn't include the many thousands of permanent residents who are also eligible to return.

Upwards of 40 planes a day have been coming in for the last 10 days plus and that's JUST to Sydney. Last week there were 4 Planes coming in to Melbourne and 2 Coming into Sydney from Kula Lumpur alone in one morning and every day there are 3-4 coming into Sydney still. There are loads of planes from NZ coming in every day as well. Not that many damn tourists over there now. It's a lot more than Australian Citz coming in that's for sure. Look at the arrival boards online yourself and see how many are coming in to every airport. They are coming in every day from small places like Fiji, samoa etc and again, not that many aussies there at any one time and certainly not a fortnight into this.
    Assume each plane has 250 seats, and each seat is full. Even if there was 60 planes into Australia each day that would be 15,000 Australian returning daily.

Assume only the travellers want to return, and not the expats. It would take more than 30 days of 60 planes each day to just get the Australian travellers home.

The travel bans have been in effect for about 14 days, which means you would expect the 60 planes of Australians to keep coming for at least another fortnight. That doesn't include ex-pats or permanent residents.

There is a lot of info not on MSM to question that which I do. I'm sure that is the rhetoric the Gubbermint wants to spin but i'd guarantee reality is a different thing.
    Far too much of the information on the MSM and social media is spin. I wouldn't trust most of it.

But suggesting that the amount of planes you see each day means there are non-Australian citizens and residents still arriving here is BS on the figures above.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (02-04-20),enf (02-04-20),fandtm666 (02-04-20),Landytrack (02-04-20)

Thanks

FFS Anastasia, make up your mind, as minuscule as it appears to be.

Yesterday it was categorical no more than 2 people at a residence unless they were permanent residents. Stated clearly that the only persons who could have visitors were single person households & only 1 visitor

Now the rules have apparently changed & you can have 2 visitors, regardless of how many residents you have.................. I think

Premium Member
    Thanks

So now if you are a renter and have kids at Day Care

You can't be evicted for 6 months AND you get free daycare!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Based on what? A hunch?
    Well yes, pretty much. Or ignorance, take your pick.

Your numbers look sound so I must concede my position was wrong and my beliefs are now changed.

I stand by two things though:

Where the fk are they going to find hotels for all those people to put them up for a fortnight?

And,

Given the average time away is 15 Days, they left against strong travel warnings and knowledge of what was going on so they need a kick up the arse and should pay for their own quarantine.

Thanks for presenting the facts and correcting my ignorance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    FFS Anastasia, make up your mind, as minuscule as it appears to be.
    So to ask rather than jump to more conclusions, does anyone know what the situation is with air travel into Qld from interstate?

Do you need to apply for a pass in advance, have a reasonable excuse or can you fly in as before?

• Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast