Page 51 of 133 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Plane Came in from Wuhan to Sydney last night supposedly carrying 90 Tons of Medical Supplies.

Don't even get me started on WTF we are getting anything from china right now let alone from wuhan of all the places in the fking world.

I was hopeful a lot of the stupidity of the past would be woken up to and not repeated as lessons learned from this. All I have learned is I am the stupid one for having such a thought in the first place and not knowing better.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I'd estimate that Wuhan might actually know something about Coronavirus by now, maybe they have some stuff that helps. I'd not be too fast to reject any offers of assistance unless you can PROVE that there is a HUGE issue with such assistance.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Tiny (09-04-20),tristen (10-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I'd estimate that Wuhan might actually know something about Coronavirus by now, maybe they have some stuff that helps. I'd not be too fast to reject any offers of assistance unless you can PROVE that there is a HUGE issue with such assistance.
    I'd GUARANTEE they know something about China Flu!

It would surprise me not in the least if it came out this had nothing to do with bats or wet markets but was in fact engineered. I would also not at all be surprised to learn the whole release of this was deliberate. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I would not also rule out contamination in whatever was in the plane being being non accidental. I hope to hell that is all well irradiated and sterilised before being put to use.

I Do look gift horses in the mouth to make sure they are not in fact trojan horses.

I have done a LOT of looking into 9/11 and I believe there is more evidence to support that being an inside job than not.
    In believing that, I put NOTHING past a country like China that openly commit murder against their own citizens they are well known for and lie their goddam arse off about everything.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

kclar (10-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

It would surprise me not in the least if it came out this had nothing to do with bats or wet markets but was in fact engineered. I would also not at all be surprised to learn the whole release of this was deliberate. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I would not also rule out contamination in whatever was in the plane being being non accidental. I hope to hell that is all well irradiated and sterilised before being put to use.

I Do look gift horses in the mouth to make sure they are not in fact trojan horses.

I have done a LOT of looking into 9/11 and I believe there is more evidence to support that being an inside job than not.
    In believing that, I put NOTHING past a country like China that openly commit murder against their own citizens they are well known for and lie their goddam arse off about everything.
    What are your thoughts on the moon Landing then?

Edit: for the highlighted bit: Unlike many western countries that prefer to murder other countries citizens, and lie their arses off about it.
    Last edited by bob_m_54; 10-04-20 at 10:45 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

tristen (10-04-20),Uncle Fester (10-04-20)

Thanks

Yes, typically you choose to avoid not only facts but history because it does not suit your bleeding heart leftie agenda.
    I'd suggest you looked up "Chinese Human Rights breaches" Or "Tienanmen square" but you'd never do that and face facts that undermined the narrative you want to believe.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Living in the scenic rim area of SE Qld like I do, I just got back from a little sortie in the car...yep, all the camping grounds that are usually packed with people this time of year, totally empty. Daughter has a health bar/take-away on the water down the Goldcoast, says she's doing ok with trade today...apparently the coppers are handing out fines along the Broadwater for anyone found to close together.

I suppose on the plus side, at least this year all the local roads won't be covered with garbage/litter from all the townies coming out for their 4day camping experience over easter long weekend ~ always a silver lining somewhere...

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (10-04-20)

Thanks

Here, like every Easter I can ever remember, it's gloomy and raining.
    Beats the shit out of me why anyone would go away at Easter anywhere in greater NSW at easter. Seems the same all over this state.
    I was on the Goldy 2 years ago for Easter and a week either side and it rained every single day I was up there as well. Some days it seemed to rain every hour on the hour. Still better than Shitney though.

I remember lining up for 45 Min on good Friday to get fish and chips at a place near Labrador Boat ramp. Everyone was pretty chilled and friendly and it was worth the wait.
    Time sure does Fly. Spose there aren't nearly as many people there this year.

Thanks

Spose there aren't nearly as many people there this year.
    its so quiet up here from tweed to the goldcoast all the seagulls are lining up
    at st vinnies for a feed.

it took me 35 minutes to get across the border this morning then 30 minutes to get all the way up to
    pimpima which normally takes 45 minutes depending on time of the day.
    Last edited by fandtm666; 10-04-20 at 02:54 PM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

DB44 (10-04-20),enf (10-04-20),george65 (10-04-20),ol' boy (10-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

It's just more police tape over everything down here...
    Soon they will have every side road and beach rd closed...
    And only access to the Supermarket and Chemist
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

DB44 (10-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    its so quiet up here from tweed to the goldcoast all the seagulls are lining up at st vinnies for a feed.
    Classic.

I wonder when this is all over if people are going to be itching at the bit to do things they put off and couldn't do and all these Businesses will be flat out and recoup some of their losses?

Yeah, a lot of people are out of work but a lot are not and are saving money they would have spent... as well as getting bonuses.
    Perhaps they will be happy to spend that when things calm down and there will be an amount of levelling out?

My daughter had to put off her OS trip she was going on. She will just go next year now. Had she gone this year she would not have gone next so in reality, she will probably spend the same amount if not more, she will just spend it next year instead of this year. If others do the same which seems logical and one other friend has already mentioned they will do the same ( Going on a cruise of all things!) then where people can be accommodated, there may be an amount of catch up and things won't be as bad as predicted.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-04-20)

Thanks

Last edited by kclar; 10-04-20 at 07:35 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I had to call into Bunnings the other day. The comment from one staff member is that they are making a bucketful. It seems that people are using their time off to get some odd jobs done around home.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

I had to call into Bunnings the other day. The comment from one staff member is that they are making a bucketful. It seems that people are using their time off to get some odd jobs done around home.
    That's what I have been doing.
    More than just some odd jobs, I have been ripping into the yard, cleaning things up and making some big changes. Put in a 5 Kw ground array for winter yesterday. Couldn't believe how well it went together.

I kinda feel like this is really Free time. Limited in what I can do every day, sometimes more than others but I'm trying to make this count and do something every day.

Was going well today till the rain came and ended the effort. :0(

Thanks

Yes, typically you choose to avoid not only facts but history because it does not suit your bleeding heart leftie agenda.
    I'd suggest you looked up "Chinese Human Rights breaches" Or "Tienanmen square" but you'd never do that and face facts that undermined the narrative you want to believe.
    I'd suggest you read and comprehend what I wrote, and maybe broaden your own reading a bit. I don't dispute China's deplorable human rights issues towards their own, nor that of a few Middle Eastern countries either. But you can't dispute the point of view that I outlined either.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

This could be VERY troubling:

One can hope that these tests are a false positive although it is a fairly high number and nobody has probably bothered much to test those who were 'cured' up to now.

If this virus stays resident for the rest of your life, that would be certainly a horrific game changer and it would be understandable to question if this is the result of a genetically modified 'experiment' that went wrong.

According to the report old people who survived did have antibodies though. So it might be necessary to get very sick to build up immunity but that could become a big problem to get a vaccine to work.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (11-04-20),hinekadon (11-04-20),Tiny (11-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

2 days ago, the first passenger plane from Wuhan, China lands in Australia.

And at the same time, this.......

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (11-04-20),Tiny (11-04-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (11-04-20),bob_m_54 (11-04-20),lsemmens (11-04-20),ol' boy (11-04-20),Tiny (11-04-20),wotnot (11-04-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

I would also not at all be surprised to learn the whole release of this was deliberate. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I would not also rule out contamination in whatever was in the plane being being non accidental. I hope to hell that is all well irradiated and sterilised before being put to use.
    I bet plenty of others will think this way.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 11-04-20 at 10:51 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

The things that I don't understand is, When it shopping day for us we drive past Bunnings and the car park is chock a bock. Now What happens either drive to or leaving bunnings and you get pulled up by a cop and you said to the cop you going to bunnings or you have left bunnings now in QLD that not called a necessary ("eg" drive to the doctors, Food, Work) trip so you will get one of the $1342 and 23 cents fine. Bunnings is not classified as necessary.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I bet plenty of others will think this way.
    Yeah, but "plenty of others" think the virus has something to do with the 5G network too. And I bet "plenty of others" will believe in the device Peter Evans is pushing at $15,000 a pop ..

• Page 51 of 133 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast