Page 60 of 133 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

Yes, I do like Trump BUT, the fact in all of the US, the best they can put up against him is Biden.... just does my head in.
    OT but biden is just the fill in for shillery before the takeover

Amerika is lost IMHO, would make Stalin blush with what the 'establishment' gets up to

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

DB44 (23-04-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

The French... What more can I say. I knew coating my lungs with a layer of tar was gonna come in handy someday.. lol

Don't mind me, just saving the world over here..

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Did someone say they wanted good news, well we made the list of countries that are beating C19.

How China, New Zealand, Australia, Germany and South Korea beat COVID-19
    Nearly five months into the global COVID-19 pandemic, these are the countries winning the war against coronavirus and how they’re doing it.

Nearly five months into the global COVID-19 pandemic, some countries are finally able to make out the light at the end of the tunnel.

The potentially deadly coronavirus has now reached close to 2.5 million known cases, spread to 185 countries and caused more than 170,000 deaths.

Some countries, like the United States and the United Kingdom, are fighting an uphill battle – with warnings the peak of the disease is yet to come and the death toll continuing to edge higher.

Others – Australia, New Zealand and Germany among them – are managing to win the war, having employed strict lockdown measures, closing borders and enforcing social distancing; restrictions that could soon be lifted or, at the very least, eased if their success at flattening the curve continues.

Here’s how they’ve – along with South Korea and China – managed to achieve it.
    read the rest of the article at

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Johnno (23-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

They must not have social distancing over there?

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (25-04-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post

WARNING! Insensitive remark ahead!

I'm surprised she didn't ban sex all together. She looks as though she wouldn't get any!!!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (25-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

• 26-04-20, 06:16 AM

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post

I'm surprised she didn't ban sex all together. She looks as though she wouldn't get any!!!
    Faaaark! Social distancing by default I reckon!

You'd need flour, but the shelves are empty....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    LOL na mate she has Deuce Bigalow on speed dial

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (26-04-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Have a look at her. She has put the ban in because she can't get a invite to any of them. She looks like her name.

WOW did anyone read the above link. They hold the record for 500 people GANG BANG !!

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Faaaark! Social distancing by default I reckon!

You'd need flour, but the shelves are empty....
    Yes plenty of Flour otherwise the damp spot wont be seen

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default COVIDSafe App

Come and get it...

Oh what, only compatible with Android 6 and above, sorry Gov, no can do

Better than most Apps, that want access to your Contacts, Media, Microphone, etc

Last edited by ol' boy; 26-04-20 at 11:47 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (26-04-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Interesting, it says above that the app has access to precise location (GPS and network-based).
    In the media the gov constantly denied that.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Tiny (26-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Interesting, it says above that the app has access to precise location (GPS and network-based).
    In the media the gov constantly denied that.

How else can it work?
    It can't tell how far away you are using BT
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-04-20 at 12:12 PM.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Default Why is our curve really flattening more than other countries with social distancing?

While most of you will say that ScoMo is doing the great job in flattening the curve I will say it is not him.
    He mainly does a great job of selling it.

At least he does a better job than the greatest moron who walked on this planet.
    There is no room for sarcasm if your country is the worst hit in the world but obviously Trump initially meant it with injecting disinfectant.
    That is how a pea brain works.

Back to AU, after ScoMo's recommendation together with his "expert" that schools don't require social distancing, although that was somewhat back tracked
    but they now proudly publish this report to justify their "recommendation":

This was done at a time when most schools were closed due holidays or very early on. Also only 15 schools where looked at.
    Any conclusion to relax the measures due to this report confirms their stubborn stupidity.

These guys like almost everybody else still don't see the forest from all the trees.

I lived for 30 years in the northern hemisphere, mainly Europe and can confirm that every year between February and April I had a viral infection, formerly known as the flu.
    In that time it is wet and cold and dark and grey and we always keep our windows closed. Ideal conditions for any virus and the worst conditions for my immune system.
    Then come May I became magically healthy. It is sunny and dry. I would rip open the windows and go out a lot doing stuff in the open and stayed
    healthy all the way until November.

Since I have been in Australia I have had far less viral infections(sunny and outdoor living) but they ALL were brought home from my kids from school!

Last month we have had mostly sunny and dry weather and not too hot in most parts of Australia.
    We always keep our windows open, no need for aircon or heating.
    When I go out on my push bike for exercise I have to share the tracks with a formerly unseen amount of people walking their dogs or jogging.
    Who wouldn't want to go out in this beautiful, virus free weather and strengthen their immune system?
    However some morons with their dogs unleashed have chased me but luckily I have an electric motor to assist me in outpacing them.
    Oh and did I mention that schools were closed due to holidays?

So it is plain common sense to conclude from above observations that Australia is currently doing very well compared to other countries who have similar
    measures in place. We are just more lucky because of our great weather not ScoMo and Murphey.

I can only hope we can stay lucky by having the States defy the recommendations of ScoMo and his expert when it comes to schools and our flu season starts.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

kclar (27-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default COVIDSafe App

The morons are at it already, and only after 5 downloads

* Full Network Access
    * View Network Connections

I find the second one interesting
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-04-20 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks

How else can it work?
    I can definitely say that you are within 15m(usually 8m) away just using bluetooth but I can not say that you are 1.5m away using wifi, standard GPS or bluetooth.
    Anybody(our Gov) who claims that is talking rubbish.
    An inaccurate way of testing a closer distance would be a reduced power BT transmission that may be possible on some devices.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

How else can it work?
    I think it'd be an interesting discussion to determine exactly what law exists that allows a govt. to force/mandate the end user of mobile devices to turn on their BT. I certainly can't find anything on it, nor anything to suggest they can force anyone to turn on the device wifi section, or even GPS ...(and we know losts of folks turn GPS off anyway, out of privacy concerns of being tracked).

I made an error in an earlier posting about how they would police whether this 'mandatory' app is installed on people's devices (even if I pretend there's law there to allow the existence of a govt. dictated mandatory app).

All you actually have to do here, is lockscreen your phone, because..

Looks like they've put the cart 3 furlongs ahead of the horse to me.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I guess its all useless when you walk passed a person not using the App

It will all be part of the great re-introduction to a normal society plan they have dreamed up.

I'll be interested if they use the App and its Results to be incorporated in normal life?
    Going to a Football Match? Concert? Overseas Travel? Boarding a Cruise Liner

The amount of people i see here, NOT at their home address (or Home town) is alarming, no way in hell they will install it
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-04-20 at 12:34 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Last edited by TVguy; 26-04-20 at 03:12 PM.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

CovidSafe app, oops!
    Not ready for sign in, recomended to uninstall the app until registration process is ready??
    Android 6 & above, rich people with newer phones only. lol android 4.4.4 is best i can do on my phone. Not buying another phone just to use the app. Phone already does all I need now, why should I buy a new one/
    Jarrod Timms
    April 26, 2020
    Please everyone download and use this app! Yes it currently has an issue on signup, which im sure will be resolved in a matter of hours. Please leave positive reviews so we dont discourage others from using the app. With it, we have a greater chance of beating this virus!

Allan McDonald
    April 26, 2020
    I had problems with registration so emailed support with this reply, "Hi Allan Thank you for your report. While the COVIDSafe app is available for download, we have currently disabled the registration process. At this stage we recommend that you uninstall the app until the registration process is brought back online. We expect this to be later today, so we recommend you reinstall the app this evening. Thank you for your patience. Regards, The COVIDSafe support team"

graham schilling
    April 26, 2020
    Trying to register, app has gone from try again later to invalid phone number 2.5 hours later. Is this progress? FFS get this right. I've been eager to participate in the concept since I heard 3 weeks ago that Singapore had joined the internet age. Sigh.

Chris Gore
    April 26, 2020
    Doesn't work After all the hype about the importance of this app, I can't believe they put out something that doesn't work. Tried 4 times to get a pin unsuccessfully. Now it says my phone number is invalid. Disappointed. Australia is better than this.
    Not ready for signup yet they have their website () saying

Let's work together

Download
    COVIDSafe now

Last edited by Tiny; 26-04-20 at 04:10 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• Page 60 of 133 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast