Page 73 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    And if there isn't..have no fear the MSM will find something/anything to keep the sheeple on their toes
    Reports of China now pressing into northern India should do it....not that they haven't done it before...

Government by fear......
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Reports of China now pressing into northern India should do it....not that they haven't done it before...

Government by fear......
    What in the Fcuk is China up to now. They want to steal the Top off India for themselves. Yes India have a narrow border with the Chimps. Maybe the Chimps want a DMZ on the border because the Monkey Country knows that the US is friend with India and china does not like that.
    Also china has taken over the ports from Sri Lanka because they defaulted paying there loans (forgot what they call it "brick road or something like this") As time goes on more and more the I think the Virus was deliberate.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Arghhhh they call it "Belt and Road Initiative"

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Arghhhh they call it "Belt and Road Initiative"
    Yeah, been reading all about it
    I can't believe Commie Dan has done this....
    No wonder their is so many Chinese Wind Farms going up in Victoria now
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Yeah, been reading all about it
    I can't believe Commie Dan has done this....
    No wonder their is so many Chinese Wind Farms going up in Victoria now
    I'm ashamed to be a Australian because of Andrew's and sucking up to the Chinese. I have voted LABOR all my life but as it stand now I wont because of this. I have spend 1 hour reading on Indian papers on whats going on between China and India and tension between them are HIGH!. What are China thinking? Most countries of the world are against them. China been warned not to use Sri Lanka ports for Military use without Sri Lanka approval but they are trying and re buffed back by French and Indian warships. WOW!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

This is the perfect time to put a stop to all this foreign ownership especially by the Chinese.
    If we don't take the best opportunity we will ever have which is right now, we are all Fked and that's it.
    People like Andrews are traitors and the Federal gubbermint needs to step in and prevent this sort of BS before the Southern cross is flying on a Red background on the flag.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (27-05-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

From todays paper............

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (26-05-20),Mr 672A (26-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,525 Posts

Yawn...old news...

The Belt and Road Initiative is a global development strategy adopted by the Chinese government in 2013 involving infrastructure development and investments in nearly 70 countries and international organizations.

Planned completion date: 2049

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

george65 (26-05-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

[QUOTE=george65;824864]This is the perfect time to put a stop to all this foreign ownership especially by the Chinese.
    If we don't take the best opportunity we will ever have which is right now, we are all Fked and that's it.
    People like Andrews are traitors and the Federal gubbermint needs to step in and prevent this sort of BS before the Southern cross is flying on a Red background on the flag.[/QUOTE

Yes, Andrews and Co are out and out traitors IMO.....and it also appears Danchong has also secretly borrowed some $20 billion odd from China to fund his recovery program...

But the federal government can't do a f*cking thing. It's up to Victorians and the ballot box....

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    From todays paper............

Love the Wind Turbines in Top Left...

Seriously though, i like many have been watching China pull this stunt in Africa, PNG, other parts of Asia
    I thought we had more common sense not to be a part of this thinly veiled economic trap.

Seems not
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

DB44 (26-05-20),enf (26-05-20),hca (27-05-20),hinekadon (26-05-20),Mr 672A (26-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I have spend 1 hour reading on Indian papers on whats going on between China and India and tension between them are HIGH!.
    I have watched a number of Indian news Reports on YT. They are Pulling NO punches or have any Diplomacy what so ever in their blame and accusations to China for this Flu. The were sticking it to them right from the start and not tip toeing around like everyone else. The Indians obviously have no love for the Chinks at all.

I fear this isn't going to end well. For china and others. You are right, WTF are they thinking? It seems they have got high on their own propaganda and Vanity and think they can do what they want. As you say, can't take on the world but they just seem to be itching to cause trouble whether they think anyone will do anything and take them on or not. Will be interesting to see which way Russia sides. They have been close allies with the chinese forever but if they go against them, may send the message and wake up call the Chicoms need. Putin seems to want to put his country rather than Ideals first and has changed a lot of things there and I don't think he'd be too pleased about the China flu Crippling his country. I liked his response to the Muzzo terrorists a while back that if there was ever a terrorist attack on Russian soil he'd wipe Al Queda off the map. Clearly they knew he wasn't kidding.

If he does not back China then they are Fked and it will be the world against them and hopefully they wipp have just enough smarts to wake up.
    The other one would be which way North Korea goes if they get involved. Hard to say in reality how much of a force they are but one thing is for sure, if the US and Russia on on the same side, China will have to pull it's head in.

The Virus may yet be looked back on as good times if all this goes south and any sort of conflict breaks out.
    If it's not one lot of fktards causing trouble somewhere it's another. Never bloody stops!

If nothing else, Australia needs to severly CUT ties with China and rather than them telling us they are going to put tarrifs on things or not allow imports, the first things we should to is either put huge Tarrifs on iron ore, gas, babay formula and food and double taxes on all Chinese owned Business interests.

People used to be concerned about the Japs Buying up Qld. Chinese have really showed us what a take over is like.

Thanks

Australia is very polite with China, Australia has ask for a simple thing to do and that was where did the Virus come from and how can we stop the world get get another one like this, and China Started to Attack us, threatening us but what India has done is the opposite and threatened China because of the issue and other. Time to look at Indian Sat news Channels.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Go USA!!

This is how you will be No.1
    Making the Country Covid again

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (26-05-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Human trials for a potential coronavirus vaccine will start in Melbourne today with hopes it could be ready later this year.About 130 people will be involved in the trials supervised by research organisation the Nucleus Network before they move to Brisbane within a week.
    Infectious diseases expert Paul Griffin told Today researchers are working hard to find a safe vaccine.
    "Because of the global pandemic we are moving faster than ever before," he said.

Last edited by Tiny; 26-05-20 at 05:51 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

A passenger of the Ruby Princess who tested positive to coronavirus is suspected to have carried the "dormant" virus for almost 10 weeks before falling ill.
    The woman was diagnosed in Cairns on Monday, taking the total number of Queensland cases to 1057, with just 12 remaining active.
    Authorities suspect she is the latest coronavirus case to have carried the inactive virus and become sick weeks after exposure.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

One day after parents in NSW were suddenly forced to bring their kids to school, two schools have to be shut down because 2 kids have been detected positive:

To me I see no difference between a school and a cruise ship when it comes to virus friendly propagation.
    Many public schools have 30 kids stuffed in class rooms of 25sqm for 6h a day, actually I like my chances better on a cruise ship.

Some(our gov and their experts) say kids don't get infected. How so when 2 cases so quickly detected.
    Really worrying for older teachers and parents who they can pass the disease on to.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 26-05-20 at 03:24 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (27-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I see no difference between a school and a cruise ship when it comes to virus friendly propagation.
    Many public schools have 30 kids stuffed in class rooms of 25sqm for 6h a day, actually I like my chances better on a cruise ship.
    Yes. I agree that it's crazy. All the terrible colds that get passed around at my workplace seem to originate with parents whose children have brought the diseases home from school.

I saw a joke going around along the lines of... "if schools are perfectly safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, then we should have NRL games resume, but only to be played in school grounds during school hours. The only people allowed to attend games will be students, teachers and staff"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Yes. I agree that it's crazy. All the terrible colds that get passed around at my workplace seem to originate with parents whose children have brought the diseases home from school.
    I used to get the shit knocked out of me with colds and flu every dam year. Since working from Home I haven't got anything more than the sniffles for a couple of days in the last 5 years.
    I also put an amount of it down to having to get up early on cold mornings and go out into a cold car and similar coming home. Thing is I have often worked outside in the cold and the wind at home fully expecting to get crook as a dog but have had not a single problem.

I was consulting for a Business in the city one time and catching the train in. I'm still having PTSD over that. Everyone rugged up standing on a freezing platform then packing into a carriage that feels like it's about 40oC with every second person sneezing and hacking. You could almost see the germs thick in the air and I often thought if you had some sort of light that showed them up, they would be like a fog and you wouldn't see your hand in front of you. It was an 8 carriage mobile germ incubator right there! Just stuns me that only in the last week have they woken up to the risk of public transport while bitching about people in parks or the beach or at restaurants.
    I got bloody good money for that gig but it wasn't worth the mental anguish and I pulled out after just 2 weeks. Still had to deal with people in the place and there was always people walking round looking like death warmed up once you got there. HR person told me they come to work when they are crook and shouldn't be there so they can take their sick days in summer enjoying themselves.

I couldn't handle the train travel and as the place was in a bastard of a place to park and the cost of that, I went back to my own thing I was doing and was never so thankful.
    I seriously don't know how people do it every day particularly in winter. It's a wonder half the workforce that travels on public transport isn't crook at any time in winter but I guess it goes to the Immunity / resistance thing.

Last year and this I have a big jar of Vitamin C tablets on my desk and eat about 20 a day like lollies. I think that helps ward off the cold and flu germs as well.
    Some years I have had a flu shot and others I have missed it but seems to have made no difference. I also start on the Vitamin D about now as I have had trouble with that before in winter and that's a real Mongeral to sneak up on you that surprisingly a lot of doctors miss. I had that once and it kicked the shit out of me with lethargy and depression so i'm awake up to that now as well. Lack Of Vitamin D is the cause of the old thing of " Cabin Fever" which is staying inside and a lack of Vitamin D naturally derived from being in the sunshine. It's certainly not anything new but often over looked in modern medicine it seems and not something I want to get again.

I'm also getting stiff and achy when I get up of a morning. My father was saying he was getting the same thing and someone gave him some fish oil tablets which he was very sceptical of. He said he tried them and to his surprise has been feeling better . He asked his doc about them and he said he took them every day so seems they are helpful.

I have never seen a rusty fish so I guess they must do some good! :0)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Everyone rugged up standing on a freezing platform then packing into a carriage that feels like it's about 40oC with every second person sneezing and hacking. You could almost see the germs thick in the air and I often thought if you had some sort of light that showed them up, they would be like a fog and you wouldn't see your hand in front of you. It was an 8 carriage mobile germ incubator right there! Just stuns me that only in the last week have they woken up to the risk of public transport while bitching about people in parks or the beach or at restaurants.
    I am just waiting to see how many wake up to exactly that post covid and say you can stick it.
    I have done office tricks in EU, Asia and Perth over the years its the same the world over, dead man walking!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Go USA!!

This is how you will be No.1
    Making the Country Covid again

This herd mentality the strong will survive and the weak will get the virus and die. Well If the the US loses 2 Million dead they still have 329Mil left. Now with this I would hate to be a nurse or a Doctor in the US.

• Page 73 of 133 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast