Page 75 of 133 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

Anyhow I bought Flight Centre shares in the dip this morning. Our borders will be open soon.
    Good call!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Good call!
    Unless they go bust....which is what they were about to do !

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

Tiny (13-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I wonder what All Lives Matter would get you?
    ...particularly those lost from Covid infections in a few weeks after the all protests.
    The Guy holding up the sign " All Lives matter" At the Black Bullshit protest last weekend certainly didn't get a very warm reception from the rioters that called him " Racist".

[/QUOTE]
    Anyhow I bought Flight Centre shares in the dip this morning. Our borders will be open soon.[/QUOTE]

The idea seems creditable, Not sure I would have picked that particular travel Company.
    They have had bad PR of late over not Initially giving refunds then going to hold $600 before finaly Relenting for full refunds.
    Daughters friends came over a fortnight ago and several were complaining they had trips booked, and final told they would get a refund but were still waiting.
    They didn't seem to think they would use them again.

Then again, the majority of people these days will be so excited to go on a holiday again, they will soon forget.

Surprised you didn't buy Tesla shares! You are a fan from memory and their share price's have skyrocketed in the last month let alone the last year.

Thanks

I saw on the box the organiser of last nights BBM protest was fined $1000.
    If that's all I have to worry about, looks like we can have our little memorial gathering and whether the cops show or not isn't going to be a big deal.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I saw on the box the organiser of last nights BBM protest was fined $1000.
    If that's all I have to worry about, looks like we can have our little memorial gathering and whether the cops show or not isn't going to be a big deal.
    No...as I assume you are a law abiding citizen who has done the right thing, then you will all be fined....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

"Anyhow I bought Flight Centre shares in the dip this morning. Our borders will be open soon."

The idea seems creditable, Not sure I would have picked that particular travel Company.
    They have had bad PR of late over not Initially giving refunds then going to hold $600 before finaly Relenting for full refunds.
    Daughters friends came over a fortnight ago and several were complaining they had trips booked, and final told they would get a refund but were still waiting.
    They didn't seem to think they would use them again.

Then again, the majority of people these days will be so excited to go on a holiday again, they will soon forget.

Surprised you didn't buy Tesla shares! You are a fan from memory and their share price's have skyrocketed in the last month let alone the last year.

Yes the media attack on FLT is another the reason why I could buy cheap because so many dumped, that will pass once the borders open.
    I was also eyeing Webjet because I didn't really like the latest dilution from FLT but the numbers still looked better.

You better have a proper look at the Telstra chart no sky rockets there. I sold Telstra in Jan when I finally managed to break even with them to buy more FMG.

Fun to chat about shares for a change.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 13-06-20 at 11:41 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

My glasses Broke today but I'm not the only one that needs some new Specs apparently ......

Thats TESLA, not telstra.

:0)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

My glasses Broke today but I'm not the only one that needs some new Specs apparently ......

Thats TESLA, not telstra.

:0)
    TESLA, lo and behold ... I only trade Australian stocks.
    There was also a mental barrier in the way as well as the 3 weeks waiting time for my new reading specs.
    Stepped on my old ones a week ago and I have trouble with those off the shelf pharmacy specs.

... and before anybody says we are off topic, Covid has a lot to do with me doing more trading at home and stepping on my specs because I need to take them off sometimes for my DIY activities
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-06-20 at 12:21 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

I am keeping an eye on the property market to have a look for an investment property.
    Not sure how much the property market has dropped but I'll see.

Went and bought a tractor last week and can't get it for 3 weeks because they are are flat out and can't keep up with servicing, repairs and pre delivery. Their yard was pretty bare where normally there are lots of nice toys to see. Went to the Chainsaw Place and they hardly have a thing left. Guy said since the china Flu they have been Very busy but can't get stock even from within oz as a lot of places are running half staff or were closed all together for some time.

Mate of mine transports Motorcycles and is busier than any time than he has been in the 10 years he's been in the game. Actually making money for a change. Once things get better for everyone else, they will likely go downhill for him. Other mate closed down his tutoring school offices and does it all on line now. Saved $2400 a month in rent, does not have to travel hours a day and has almost doubled his students in the last couple of months because he can now teach any NSW student, not just those within his greater area.

Seems the china flu has made a lot of places busier than normal.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Well It seems to have started The famous second wave !!!!! announced on euro news this morning and also on france 24?? 7 new cases evolved covid 19 so the professors say the shit is not over yet . It seemed to infect the brains of the black races cos white lives matter more and history dont matter at all

Premium Member
    Thanks

My son has been the busiest he has ever been (clinical psychologist) since the china flu quarantine...............dealing with all those neurotic womyns and battered men (no joke !!!)

LSemmens
    Thanks

If you survive COVID in 'merica,!
    Last edited by lsemmens; 15-06-20 at 12:46 PM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    If you survive COVID in 'merica, !
    link dont work for me.

LSemmens
    Thanks

Fixed the link, sorry 'bout that. This is the address if the above still don't work

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (17-06-20),VroomVroom (16-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I wonder how many more ppl could have been saved if the MSM/demonrats hadn't decided that hydro.......was bad because trump used it

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

george65 (15-06-20),hca (15-06-20),hinekadon (17-06-20),lsemmens (15-06-20)

Thanks

I thought of this last night. Saw an article on the news that a study had concluded that Asprin reduced the incidence of Prostate cancer I think it was.

Far as I know, Asprin is a not an approved cancer treatment so it must be going to put peoples lives at risk and patients in danger... despite billions using it and a 20 yr study proving it does work.

That was the BS excuse they used for the Hydrowhatsitcalled. Wouldn't surprise me if they are forced to admit it does help later.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

From a buddy in the UK (London) -- "The NHS here have been shocking - there have been so many mistakes but hindsight is a powerful tool, but what has come out with hospitals off loading patients to care homes before the peak is shocking, and these people were not tested so we now know why care homes got so badly hit :-( "

From another in the UK (Wales) -- "lock down is easing up over here, today all non essential shops can re open, but this is in England, Wales being the devolved country that it now is, is delaying this event a little longer, which is seriously angering the business community, First Minister Mark Drakeford is almost up for lynching, but he is an "oh so cautious man".

Finally from the US (KY) -- "everyone seems to have become bored during lock down, and so to liven things up they started rioting =)"

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

NZ has had enough with poms !!!! lying bastards told the health authorities they were checked/ tested in Brisbane then they were put on trust to wait the fourteen days but couldnt wait now infected others They need to be locked up for a month with bread and water then exported in a cattle ship back to pomland and forbidden to come back to oz or nz Ever

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

porkop (21-06-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Agreed!

Thanks

why feed them, just send them back

• Page 75 of 133 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast