Page 76 of 133 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks

Daniel Andrews stopped restrictions ease from Monday, 22nd of June due to the "spike" of COVID cases in Victoria.
    The spike is a double digit - you can guess what is it. In my opinion, instead of stopping businesses to go back to more sustainable operation - spend the money to isolate the risk and let the economy to recover.
    Don't isolate the entire economy, punishing everyone for few idiots who just don't get it.

Would it be more sensible plan to spend money on the system in place to ensure no potential infection can occur?
    - Return to work. Get people to sign an acknowledgement that if feel sick - stay home. Breach the clause - instant dismissal plus hefty fines up to imprisonment. If you are in a casual work arrangement - should get government subsidy ~ %1500 per fortnight.
    - Attend mass gathering like BLM protests where you clearly breached the numbers allowed - stay in quarantine for 2 weeks. If you caught not following the rule - capital punishment would be just right in my opinion but as we leave in a new PC world - hefty fines and please lock behind the bars.
    - Came back from overseas - stay in quarantine for 2 weeks. Has to be really reinforced and controlled, not like current soft approach.
    - Lock people at risk - for example access to nursing homes until number of cases drop back.
    - Let others to carry on and run their business.

In short - I am sick of it, we see economy is getting killed and people keep silent about it.
    15 cases in Victoria - that is a terrifying number (sarcasm)!!!. As far as I remember the whole quarantine business had only one purpose - protect our hospital system from huge influx of infected patrons. So what do we have now? Nobody is talking about hospitals as hospitals ICUs stay empty, hospital staff laid off or send to work from home as they have nothing else to do.
    What is it? Is it someone's plan to destroy everything what we have in order to change who gets the new world economy supremacy? I don't know.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    As far as I remember the whole quarantine business had only one purpose - protect our hospital system from huge influx of infected patrons. So what do we have now? Nobody is talking about hospitals as hospitals ICUs stay empty, hospital staff laid off or send to work from home as they have nothing else to do.
    Yes, the original sentiment was to " Flatten the Curve". That quickly blew out to something way more drastic and authoritarian. The curver was never more than a pimple and that was largely attributed to a few major sources ( cruise anyone?) .
    The thing that now worries me is that I see some many things in business and general way of life that are far from a temporary thing and the cost of some of the things is making me think this is going to be very long term.

I am failing to see the necessity here. Lets face it, we keep our external National border will locked down and we do not have a whole lot to worry about. From what I have heard this week, several of the latest cases have been from people that have come from or been OS. Seems Fking ironic they are busting a gut to get Chinese students back in but then want to inhibit the freedoms of the Citizens because the China Flu poses a risk.
    The way the gubbermint is talking and enforcing restrictions like they are going to be permanent, I find very worrying.

What is it? Is it someone's plan to destroy everything what we have in order to change who gets the new world economy supremacy? I don't know.
    It certainly does play to the conspiracy/ new world order theories. A lot of what I am seeing I find too close to comfort to be honest.
    I took my Dad down to the local Cafe Restaurant this afternoon for a coffee. I must have looked like a stunned Mullet when the guy asked me to sign in. I didn't know WTF he was talking about. I asked if the place had been taken over by the bowling club which is just behind. I didn't know WFT he meant by " Sign in" to get a fking Coffee and a bit of Cheese cake. Got pointed to a book and said health department requirement. All these details written in a book anyone could walk off with. Fk that. Gave my name only because it sounds like a fake name anyway and may have mixed up some digits of my phone number.
    Dad asked since when did they have a guest book? Couldn't believe it when I told him what it was.

Call me a tin foil hat wearer or whatever but something doesn't sit well with me with all this. The reaction, trouble and expense that is being gone to is way to disproportional to just be about the China flu in my book.
    I have no explanation or theories as to why this position of over reaction is being taken but in my book, gummermints and big Biz don't go to trouble and effort ( Or major expense ) for nothing unless there is an ulterior motive.

Public health is probably a better cover storey that even "National security" for imposing regulations. With the drop in the hat of infections we have had here, and I wonder how many have been put down as China flu when they were something else, something seems suspect.

Hope I'm wrong but my gut feeling has a nasty habit of being right even if it often takes me years to figure things out what I had a bad feeling about.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (23-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

It certainly does play to the conspiracy/ new world order theories. A lot of what I am seeing I find too close to comfort to be honest.
    I took my Dad down to the local Cafe Restaurant this afternoon for a coffee. I must have looked like a stunned Mullet when the guy asked me to sign in. I didn't know WTF he was talking about. I asked if the place had been taken over by the bowling club which is just behind.

Its all a 'kin joke IMHO, I signed in as billy the kid and butch cassidy for my mate the other day @ the local sit down fish n chups, 00000000 for the contact phone #.............there is zero chance of me ever giving my details to anyone apart from the vet/bank/rego

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

george65 (21-06-20),Landytrack (22-06-20),lsemmens (21-06-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Its all a 'kin joke IMHO, I signed in as billy the kid and butch cassidy for my mate the other day @ the local sit down fish n chups, 00000000 for the contact phone #.............there is zero chance of me ever giving my details to anyone apart from the vet/bank/rego
    It's about tracing contacts in the event of a new outbreak of Covid19.

So if one of the staff members, "@ the local sit down fish n chups", tests positive in the next couple of days, they will not be able to notify you & so you, if infected will go on to spread the virus unknowingly until you get symptoms, thereby making yourself part of the problem of virus spread, instead of part of the solution.
    Well done.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (21-06-20),tristen (23-06-20),Uncle Fester (22-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    It's about tracing contacts in the event of a new outbreak of Covid19.

So if one of the staff members, "@ the local sit down fish n chups", tests positive in the next couple of days, they will not be able to notify you & so you, if infected will go on to spread the virus unknowingly until you get symptoms, thereby making yourself part of the problem of virus spread, instead of part of the solution.
    Well done.
    I'd like to know how many times that has actually been done so far? Maybe in a couple of schools but other than that?
    The problem right now is pretty damn small. You probably have a better chance of catching the clap from someone in the place than the China flu. Besides, did they get the contact details of the 30K Black Bullshit matters rioters the other week? Infinitely bigger risk there than a Cafe that probably only seats 30 people indoors and out.

I read the other day Britain is abandoning it's app because it's been problematic and useless. I'd like to know how many times it's been used here. From what I read a few weeks back, it wasn't even working and wouldn't work on a good number of phones anyway. I wonder if it's up and running yet?

I'm afraid I'm with Alpha. No Fking way I'm leaving any of my details in a book any fker can come along and pick up and walk off with or even just take a pick on their phone.
    If there is a staff member somewhere that tests positive, I'm sure it will be all over the news especially with it being in a country town and I'll know all about it.
    Even if I don't, my father whom never misses both the local and national news will!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

I'm afraid I'm with Alpha. No Fking way I'm leaving any of my details in a book any fker can come along and pick up and walk off with or even just take a pick on their phone.
    As I would expect from you george.
    Do you ever take your tin foil hat off?

Your number is probably in the phone book or searchable on google, should I post it now for you.?
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Hehe... Same shit happened to me and my son, had to Sign In at a coffee shop. WTF..

John Lennon & Paul McCartney signed the book and left random numbers.

fark em.. I'm with alpha & George. . Something smells.
    Last edited by Johnno; 21-06-20 at 10:48 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (23-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

You think that's bad? For the past 3 or so months I've had to have an A4 size border pass stuck to my windscreen to travel to work in Qld.

On it for all the world to see is my full name, residential address and email. At least I don't have to leave the car in a public car park all day.....Oh wait a minute...yes I bloody do.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

enf (22-06-20)

Thanks

Your number is probably in the phone book or searchable on google, should I post it now for you.?
    Sure! If you think you can go right ahead and show us!
    This will be a bloody neat trick!

Thanks

For all the bedwetters that installed the China Flu app thinking it would actually do anything.....

Australia's Covidsafe coronavirus tracing app works as few as one in four times for some devices

Even the lefty sooks at the ABC are questioning it:

COVIDSafe app tests revealed iPhone performance issues at launch that weren't shared with the public

And seems these apps are Fkups the world over:

Norway's health authority has had to delete all data gathered via its Covid-19 contact-tracing app and suspend further use of the tool.

Interesting I can't find one reference to the app being used to alert people to potential exposure. Interesting but I also think very telling. If they had used it i'm sure the gubbermint would be issuing press releases telling everyone how wonderful it was and pushing everyone with a brain that hasn't got it to join the sheeple.
    Matter of fact, I haven't even heard it mentioned for a couple of weeks by any Pollie.

With these books in the cafe's etc...
    Let say a person is discovered with the China Flu. They say there have been here there and wherever. First thing was all these books would have to be collected. They will go somewhere and someone will have to go through them and Collate all the Data and cross reference it with the other places.... If the person remembers everywhere they have been. That's not a given for a start. Then all these people have to be notified. Hope they would ring because I have been trying to teach my father how to messages off his Mobile for week and if he doesen't know the number he's not at all likely to answer anyway. Won't answer the home phone after certain hours because he gets fed up with all the telemarketers and is up the back 80% of the day anyway.
    I reckon at best they are going to have 2-3 days to get in touch with some people and it will blow out from there.

But who says just because you went to the same eatery you got it there? Maybe the infected person went to bunnings or the supermarket and somehow you got it off something they touched? Don't have to " Sign in" there or most other places. Tables are cleaned in cafes, plates are washed etc. Does all the trolleys and merchandise on the shelf people touch get cleaned every hour? Day? week? in these other places that have a load more people in them than the 20 at a time or one person every 4 sqM.

The whole concept is stupid. If you are going to do it one place you need to do it everywhere otherwise you are plugging one hole in the boat and leaving the leaks everywhere else.
    Most eatery's are clean by nature anyway and would probably pose a much lower risk than a lot of other places I can think of.

I think we are going to need more tin foil hats.
    I don't think a good percentage of people are going top be keen to leave any of their info lying round unprotected as it's the very thing people have been told not to do anyway and we all know exactly why.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (22-06-20),madtech (22-06-20),VroomVroom (23-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

The whole concept is stupid. If you are going to do it one place you need to do it everywhere otherwise you are plugging one hole in the boat and leaving the leaks everywhere else.
    Well said

Why aren't we forced to provide all personal details catching a train or bus ?? which would be by farrrrrrrrrrrrr the more likely epicenter of an outbreak ???

How about every time you go shopping ??

This is what happens when pinheads/bureaucrats who have never done anything meaningful/productive in their lives make arbitrary rules to see how high the sheeple will jump...............its all about control, and the more you give the more control they will take

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

george65 (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    You think that's bad? For the past 3 or so months I've had to have an A4 size border pass stuck to my windscreen to travel to work in Qld.

On it for all the world to see is my full name, residential address and email. At least I don't have to leave the car in a public car park all day.....Oh wait a minute...yes I bloody do.
    Mate, it's all because you chose to live on the wrong side of the border!

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

mandc (22-06-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Mate, it's all because you chose to live on the wrong side of the border!
    Wouldn't be a problem if Anastasia Palpatine wasn't addicted to power.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Interesting I can't find one reference to the app being used to alert people to potential exposure.
    The reason the app has not been in much use is due to the relatively low number of cases of Covid19 in Australia.
    Most of the time normal tracking & tracing methods have produced good results.
    It did find one instance where the app found someone that the interview process did not.

Is the app perfect? No, it's still having issues with iPhones, however they are working on solving that & the app has improved.
    The app is also only one of the many ways they can track & trace.
    It is just part of the solution to shut down clusters of Covid19 outbreaks, as is signing in to places that ask you to.

You don't have to have the app & you don't have to be truthful when signing into a place, that's up to you, if you care to be notified of being potentially infected.

At this point, we only know of one time the app was successfully used for contact tracing — in Victoria, where a coronavirus-positive patient had downloaded the app and agreed authorities could use the data.

"We downloaded the data from the app and that revealed one close contact who hadn't been identified in the initial interviewing process, so that's good news, and that person has been contacted and placed into quarantine," Victorian Deputy Chief Health Officer Annaliese van Diemen said.

NSW has also "sought data [from the app] where it has had cases", Greg Hunt says — but NSW Health said its manual contact tracers had already discovered the information by the time the app yielded it.

Deputy CHO Nick Coatsworth said the fact the app had only been used successfully once was due to the low numbers of cases Australia is experiencing.

"That reflects how well Australia is doing," he said.

"There are so few cases that it will naturally mean that the app will not be as well utilised by public health authorities simply because the cases are low."

NSW Health also pointed out that many of its new cases had emerged from people quarantined in hotels — rendering the app redundant because those people would not have generated any community contacts.

Is there any point in downloading the app if our state or territory is opening up anyway?
    Dr Akhlaghpour says it's not so much about how the app's working now, but how it might work in a worst-case scenario.

"It can be seen as a sort of a proactive strategy to have this app, if [an outbreak] happens," he said.

"If we see a second wave or we see that the numbers are rising, then we might see more and more and more the applications of this app.

"If [an outbreak] doesn't happen, there isn't much to lose, basically, it's running in the background."

Deputy Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly says the app is an important tool as the country comes to life again.

"The app will really come into its own if, as we open up the economy and society over the coming weeks, we do start to see cases here and there or indeed clusters of cases," he said.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

enf (22-06-20),tristen (23-06-20)

Thanks

It did find one instance where the app found someone that the interview process did not.
    So out of the 5m+ downloads, we can be sure it has found one person that slipped through the net?
    Well I take it all back then! The app has proven it's true value! Silly me and my tin foil hat for ever doubting it! Boy, have I sure been shown to be proven wrong!
    I'll go download it now...... well I would if I didn't have one of the 75% of phones it wont work properly on or at all.
    Bugger!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

george your comprehension abilities are obviously low unless you didn't read the whole of those quotes.
    Last edited by Tiny; 22-06-20 at 07:52 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

tristen (23-06-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

COVID-19 Exposure Notification added to phones without your knowledge.

Information for those that have seen reports of a COVID-19 Track and Trace app being automatically installed on everyone's phones.
    Reports are half correct, as it's not the actual APP itself, it is an API that helps COVID-19 tracking apps function should you download the app.

Believe what you want to believe; feel free to start by checking your own Android or Apple phone by doing the following:

GOOGLE ANDROID PHONES
    Go to "Settings",
    Scroll to and select "Google",
    There you will see "COVID-19 exposure notifications".

APPLE iPHONES
    Go to "Settings",
    Scroll to "Privacy",
    Select "Health".
    There you will see it.

At this time, it is overseas that are now becoming aware of the "Exposure Notification" being added to their phones without their knowledge.
    For Australians it has only just occurred so not many know if this yet.

Further info - search "COVID-19 Exposure Notification" in your favourite search engine.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to Xplorer For This Useful Post:

Johnno (23-06-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
    COVID-19 Exposure Notification added to phones without your knowledge.

Information for those that have seen reports of a COVID-19 Track and Trace app being automatically installed on everyone's phones.
    Reports are half correct, as it's not the actual APP itself, it is an API that helps COVID-19 tracking apps function should you download the app.

Believe what you want to believe; feel free to start by checking your own Android or Apple phone by doing the following:

GOOGLE ANDROID PHONES
    Go to "Settings",
    Scroll to and select "Google",
    There you will see "COVID-19 exposure notifications".

APPLE iPHONES
    Go to "Settings",
    Scroll to "Privacy",
    Select "Health".
    There you will see it.

At this time, it is overseas that are now becoming aware of the "Exposure Notification" being added to their phones without their knowledge.
    For Australians it has only just occurred so not many know if this yet.

Further info - search "COVID-19 Exposure Notification" in your favourite search engine.

You need to opt-in.

I don't see any such option in settings installed.
    I don't have a Google account(and never will) and Goggle has never installed or deleted anything on my devices without my permission.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-06-20 at 12:19 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (23-06-20),Johnno (23-06-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

The app hates my old Samsung.......so I'm OK. Not that I'm in a panic about it, I'd install it if I could.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

My phone doesn't have it installed, maybe because I don't have a gmail account on it..

Whereas my missus has it in settings/google and she has an active gmail account on her phone.

That API installed on her phone without her permission.. I set her phone with up with "Ask permission before installing anything farken" lol

There goes our privacy..

• Page 76 of 133 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast