Page 77 of 133 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    george your comprehension abilities are obviously low unless you didn't read the whole of those quotes.
    No, I read all the "IF's" and implied " Perhaps's" and other pie in the sky possibilities and spin doctoring which contained one fact of the use of the app and nothing else.

Mate, if you feel all warm and Fuzzy and think it's going to protect you from the china Flu, that's great. Clearly you have downloaded it and think it's wonderful but don't try and push it down the throats of us who can see what a crock of Gubbermint placebo effect shit it is. You have provided nothing more than a lot of heresay about it's effectiveness bar the incidence of it being used to find ONE person that may have been missed otherwise out of the 5M+ downloads as I said.

If you think that makes it the wonderful thing you espouse that is going to limit the spread of the virus, terrific. You just keep on thinking that.
    Don't however let your Bias blind you to the fact it's got a lot more flaws and holes in it than any benefit it could ever offer.
    The simple reality is phones do not have the inbuilt ability to do what this is supposed to do from the start. That said

That said, I have a gut feeling this will be addressed in the future and there will be all sorts of tracking built into new models, maybe by secret gubbermint mandate and this will be the excuse used.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (29-06-20),Johnno (23-06-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Yep! It's there on my phone! Just had a look at it and it says "To turn on - install or activate a participating app" so, although it might track you, it appears that there is another app required to make it work. (I hope)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

SA looks for COVID-19 vaccine volunteers
    Australian volunteers are being recruited for a possible COVID-19 vaccine trial with researchers looking for about 100 healthy adults.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post

Information for those that have seen reports of a COVID-19 Track and Trace app being automatically installed on everyone's phones.
    Checked, my Crapple does not have it.

If you need a google account, don't have that either. My samsung Tablet does but not a SIM card so it's also free when I checked.

Was only watching a vid the other night on how invasive google has become and what they control. Worse than the Chicom Gubbermint!
    The level of manipulation with so much online is incredible and scary and it's all under the table.

There are a lot of concerns about it but of course some would say that's just from the tinfoil hat wearers and and they are probably as logged into it and manipulated by it as they can be and don't even realise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    SA looks for COVID-19 vaccine volunteers
    Australian volunteers are being recruited for a possible COVID-19 vaccine trial with researchers looking for about 100 healthy adults.
    Everything I read says Vaccines take years to develop.
    Testing one that's been cooked up in months for what I also read is a very complicated and complex Virus, No thanks.

They will probably tell you after the trial is finished, No need to keep in touch, we will know exactly where to find you at all times....

On the upside, if they can develop this Vaccine so fast, maybe a cure for cancer is just around the corner.... Like it has been for the last 50 years but please just keep donating to the research foundations.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
    COVID-19 Exposure Notification added to phones without your knowledge.

At this time, it is overseas that are now becoming aware of the "Exposure Notification" being added to their phones without their knowledge.
    For Australians it has only just occurred so not many know if this yet.

Further info - search "COVID-19 Exposure Notification" in your favourite search engine.
    Wow people do get upset about nothing.
    It's just a notification setting that you can turn on or off. It only notifies you if you want it to.

Use the COVID-19 Exposure Notifications System on your Android phone
    To help understand whether you've been exposed to someone who reports having COVID-19, you can turn on Exposure Notifications. If you change your mind, you can turn it off.

To use the system, you need to download your public health authority's app.

If you have COVID-19, you may share that info with the app to help alert the people you've been in contact with.
    If you've been exposed to someone who has shared they have COVID-19, the app will notify you and give you further instructions.

What you need to get started

Download an app from your region's government public health authority. To find out if an app is available, check with your government.
    Turn on your phone's Bluetooth. Learn how to turn on Bluetooth.
    Turn on your phone's Location setting. Learn how to turn on Location. The system uses this to scan for Bluetooth signals. The system does not collect or track your location.

How Exposure Notifications work
    When you turn on Exposure Notifications within an app from your region's government public health authority, your phone shares random IDs with other nearby phones that also have turned on the Exposure Notifications System.

Throughout the day, your phone and the phones around you exchange random IDs. When your phone detects a random ID from another device, it records and stores the ID.

If someone reports having COVID-19 and their ID is stored on your phone, the app will notify you of next steps to take.

How the app may determine exposure
    The government public health authority determines which factors might indicate exposure.

If the app learns that you've come in contact with someone who reports themselves as having COVID-19, the system shares with the app:

The day the contact happened.
    How long the contact lasted.
    The Bluetooth signal strength of that contact.
    The public health authority app is not allowed to use your phone's location.

The Exposure Notifications System itself does not use your location or share other users’ identities with the app, Google, or Apple.

If you have COVID-19
    In the public health app, you may report yourself as having COVID-19.
    The app may ask you to share your random IDs. This helps the public health authority to notify others.
    The app may then check if your random IDs are stored on other people's devices. It may alert others who came in contact with you. Those other people won't know your identity.

More info about Contact Tracing.
    Exposure Notifications: Using technology to help public health authorities fight COVID‑19
    Google and Apple jointly created the Exposure Notifications System out of a shared sense of responsibility to help governments and our global community fight this pandemic through contact tracing.

The benefits of contact tracing
    Contact tracing is a technique used by public health authorities to contact and give guidance to anyone who may have been exposed to a person who has contracted COVID-19. This technique will be an essential part of transitioning back to daily life while managing the risk of further outbreaks.

How Exposure Notifications can help
    Traditional methods of contact tracing are critical to containing the spread of infection. Technology can support and augment these efforts by allowing public health authorities to quickly notify people who may have been exposed to a person who has contracted COVID-19, including those the person might not know directly. This starts with Exposure Notifications on your smartphone, which enable contact tracing apps to send you a notification if you’ve likely been exposed to COVID-19. Contact tracing apps will be developed by your local public health authority, not by Google or Apple.

Designed to protect your privacy
    We understand that the success of this approach depends on people feeling confident that their private information is protected. The Exposure Notifications System was built with your privacy and security central to the design. Your identity is not shared with other users, Google, or Apple.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DB44 (29-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

I wouldn't want it on my device without my knowledge.

I'm not installing it and I will delete the API notification off my missus fone once she finishes work..

Government disinfo agent with all those farken links.... I'm not even going to bother clicking on them...

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I wouldn't want it on my device without my knowledge.

I'm not installing it and I will delete the API notification off my missus fone once she finishes work..

Government disinfo agent with all those farken links.... I'm not even going to bother clicking on them...
    Those links are just the source of the information I quoted.

The Notification setting only works with a Contact tracing app, if you don't have the app it will do nothing.

Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DB44 (29-06-20),enf (23-06-20)

Thanks

Designed to protect your privacy
    We understand that the success of this approach depends on people feeling confident that their private information is protected. The Exposure Notifications System was built with your privacy and security central to the design. Your identity is not shared with other users, Google, or Apple.
    Bwahahahaha!
    Yeah, that's the first concern Google and Crapple always have in mind, your privacy!

Anyone that believes that deserves all the spam and everything else they get!.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Thanks

Don't forget, Sweden has been over run by refugees of the religion of pieces whom have also turned the once beautiful country into the rape capitol of Europe.
    Hardly surprising their China Flu infections and deaths are higher than their neighbours.
    These people are a law unto themselves. Would be very interesting to see the ethnic breakdown of the infections and deaths but I'll wager that the modern PC lefty's wouldn't allow such numbers to be gathered in the first place lest it proves something they don't want known.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post

The NY Times..............as news ......................this should be in the jokes section

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    The NY Times..............as news ......................this should be in the jokes section
    If you want to add real irony to the observation, that link was forwarded to me, from a long time Swedish friend on IRC...go figure =)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Tiny (25-06-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    That's interesting, I use salt water nasal sinus flushing to help alleviate dust & pollen allergy/hay fever.
    Yes it alleviates, but by no means prevents it for the long term, short term yes.
    The effect of sodium chloride on reducing nasal infections is well known.
    Some treatments add Bicarb as well, I tried it with the Bicarb & found it intolerable.
    If you do this treatment, make sure you know what you are doing, the water must be pre-boiled & at the correct temperature, the salt must be at the correct ratio of water or lower.
    If you get it wrong, it will sting you (read extremely uncomfortable), also google the warnings on this treatment regards water quality.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions that it would stop you getting Covid19 though.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

enf (25-06-20),lsemmens (26-06-20)

Thanks

Seems the Info was wrong.
    Said on the news this morning that the China Flu app has failed to detect one singe case in 6M downloads that wasn't detected through manual tracing.
    Also said it won't work with locked Iphones..... which I would assume the great majority are.

Seems all the feel good and what if's and supposedly's haven't added up to Jack with this. If the thing can't hit one case out of 6M installs, there is no other way to describe it as a complete and utter worthless failure.
    I wonder what it cost to buy/ develop/ Modify and Host? Probably a ludicrous amount that some gubbermint contractor pocketed a fortune from.

Like I said, Gubbermint Placebo.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (28-06-20),Johnno (08-07-20),VroomVroom (29-06-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Bloody Victorian WOGs won't stop hugging each other in Melbourne suburbs and now the rate there is doubling every 2-3 days.
    Numbskull NSW premier won't close the VIC border as "it will hurt our economy", wonderfull lateral thinking, NSW was on it's way to zero cases like QLD and in 3-4 weeks could have opened up to all the other zero case states and the economy including local tourism could have rebooted.
    Now with the Vic Mexicans flooding into NSW especially in the upcoming holidays, we won't see our economy running for a VERY long time and the Share Market knows this all too well
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 29-06-20 at 01:26 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

george65 (29-06-20),Johnno (08-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Bloody Victorian WOGs won't stop hugging each other in Melbourne suburbs and now the rate there is doubling every 2-3 days.
    Numbskull NSW premier won't close the VIC border as "it will hurt our economy", wonderfull lateral thinking, NSW was on it's way to zero cases like QLD and in 3-4 weeks could have opened up to all the other zero case states and the economy including local tourism could have rebooted.
    Now with the Vic Mexicans flooding into NSW especially in the upcoming holidays, we won't see our economy running for a VERY long time and the Share Market knows this all too well
    She maybe knows that it's probably unconstitutional to close borders. I've read that much of the trouble with Vicwokeistan and Dan the manchurian is their stupid ALP inspired state bill of rights that allows incoming travellers to refuse testing, and as a result some 30% have abstained....criminal in my view. In NSW it's around 2%, maybe less. Maybe wrong about all that and would be glad to be corrected.

We will NEVER have a true zero case situation as even NZ have found out.....

We are in a position to handle the caseload if a) Victoria would pull their fingers out and get serious, leave golf and fishing alone, and enforce the law in public. And b) The people devastated economically by these power mad premiers want to get their businesses going and in many cases save their homes and those of their employees. They should be allowed to do so.

Some risk will be involved, sure, but only the well off and secure who have no understanding of the plight of their fellow countrymen would want to continue these ridiculous border closures.

EVERY state relies on their fellow states for shared taxes to fund such things as hospitals, schools, and other essential services. How about the premiers show those states AND their citizens some f*cking respect!!!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

All gone and sorry for the upset to some
    Last edited by efab; 29-06-20 at 08:04 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    just as well we have a lot of empty space between east and west.

My honest opinion leave the eastern seaboard on their own and keep the WA off limits to any area that has proven to have the china flu.

In this case Victorians, I agree that we may never get over it but where there are issues like at the moment close off those areas and shoot er , I mean incaserate anyone who has tested +ve to having the corona and trying to travel elsewhere
    Crap....

WA will have cases, just like everyone else. Didn't they have at least one last week? If you import ANYTHING, you are at risk, and probably always will be.

If WA want to go it on their own, then they can fund themselves.....and the eastern states can use that money to help fix their problems. Vicshanghai is the exception. It's a potential disaster down there.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• Page 77 of 133 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127 ... LastLast