Page 78 of 133 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    She maybe knows that it's probably unconstitutional to close borders. I've read that much of the trouble with Vicwokeistan and Dan the manchurian is their stupid ALP inspired state bill of rights that allows incoming travellers to refuse testing, and as a result some 30% have abstained....criminal in my view. In NSW it's around 2%, maybe less. Maybe wrong about all that and would be glad to be corrected.

We will NEVER have a true zero case situation as even NZ have found out.....
    I should have said zero community spread cases.
    I only heard today that testing after hotel quarantine was not mandatory and am shocked at this lack of common sense.

It is so easy to pick up the virus in a hotel full of infected people. You might be locked in your room the whole time or not, I don't know but what I do know is that mistakes are very easily made while cleaning and disinfecting. Just imagine for example, the vacuum cleaner that was just used in a room with infected people is then used in your room. The seal of these Hema filters are never 100% tight and whoosh, out blows the micro droplets of the last few sneezes from that infected area into your room, confined and virus friendly.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (30-06-20),enf (29-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

We will NEVER have a true zero case situation as even NZ have found out.....
    Initially, that was never the plan. The rhetoric was to " Flatten the Curve" so the hospitals could cope with the infected and sick.
    We flattened it so bloody well there never was a curve, hospitals were empty let alone over run and somehow we have gone from trying to cope with a pandemic to the talking heads pissing their pants every time one new case pops up and going on like we have lost millions, not 100.

We were told we were going to loose thousands, I think the number of over 100K was being touted for some weeks there but now it's amounted to a relative nothing, we are still going on like it IS killing thousands a day. I don't mind admitting I have gone from being shit scared to completely pissed off with the whole thing and see it as a joke of poor management. I don't doubt there is a china Flu, I just think the whole reaction to it here for the last money and earlier has been ridiculous.

Even if one takes those numbers of infected and dead as accurate, and I'm of the opinion they are at least " massaged", the majority of our cases came from about 3 major sources.

This whole thing of panic because we have less than 50?, 40? cases nation wide, is a complete over reaction. I can't believe it is for anything but an ulterior motive but that motive I have not yet figured out. What I do know is Big biz and Gubbermints don't lose billions for nothing and there must be some way of recouping it or moving the money around to where they want it.

The other thing that seems to have been strangely quiet in the media, Typically, is we were doing real well till all the Black Bullshit matters idiot morons and the piss weak pollies and police let them have their Marches. Now it's all flared up again and I think the numbers of people reported that had been in those marches is also being typically underplayed for PC bullshit reasons. Should never been allowed, was ridiculous they all weren't rounded up or moved on at very least before they all got together and then the Public transport wasn't even supervised like it is for the workers and they were all allowed to pack in together some more.

We have stopped everyday people crossing borders but then the excuse was these ignorant,dead beat trouble makers had " Rights" to march and break the law ove what was complete lies and absolute drivel. Unbelievable.
    The gubbermints only acted to stop more of the same when their polls and feedback told them how incensed the public were over it. Amazing these fools in power don't have the smarts to forsee that themselves and are so out of touch with the people. Instead, they were trying to appease these screaming minority Leftard whingers.

And now there is hysteria growing again about " The second wave". It's a second wave of watery, stinking bullshit is what it is! And, what a surprise! Maybe that was the gubbermints plan all along? They have looked pretty stupid so far with this all hysteria coming to a big nothing so far. Maybe now they are looking for the " told you so" to try and justify Fking the country over nothing? Did we go though all that Lockdown and wiping out small and other businesses for nothing? are we going to have to do it all again?

If they try that on ai think they are going to have lot more to worry about than black morons don't matter protestors.

This whole thing has been and continues to be, a huge debacle and one piss poor, fkup decision after another.
    And it's far from over yet.

/ rant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I only heard today that testing after hotel quarantine was not mandatory and am shocked at this lack of common sense.
    Of couse you are!
    You are not a leader or a policy maker, you are just a common man in the street that can see the stupidity of those we would hope were a bit smarter than the rest of us to deal with this sort of thing by not making it mandatory. It's the first thing us common plebs would do but those in charge seem to miss these painfully obvious things. Every single Fking time!

I can't figure out when they can issue $1000+ fines for sitting in a park or on a sparsely occupied beach, WTF they coudn't bring in a law that testing was mandatory or back on the next plane for you at your expense. At very least it should be do the test or you are paying for your own hotel quarantine stay. Maybe we should have put the low security Prisoners in the hotels and put those who didn't want the test in the real prisons. They do pose more of a threat to the community and the country than the prisoners right now.

Either that or Do the test or Fk off.

Seems simple enough for any culture/ faith to understand and not too much to translate on an information card either.

Thanks

Crap....

WA will have cases, just like everyone else. Didn't they have at least one last week? If you import ANYTHING, you are at risk, and probably always will be.

If WA want to go it on their own, then they can fund themselves.....and the eastern states can use that money to help fix their problems. Vicshanghai is the exception. It's a potential disaster down there.
    Last edited by efab; 29-06-20 at 08:06 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

On a related topic, Back in the 17th century when the Bubonic Plague was running rampant, told his village to go into lockdown, which they did. A very brave man, and his wife. The village did as he suggested and buried 2/3 of its population, but saved the surrounding villages as a result. Worth a read.
    Last edited by lsemmens; 08-07-20 at 12:51 PM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hca (08-07-20),Mr 672A (21-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Why go back to the 17th century................

If the WHO say it's not a concern, I think we should start to worry given their record.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Johnno (08-07-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Victoria has only 134 COVID 19 NEW cases today, well its better than 198 the day before but who know what this merry go around will do in the next day or so.

Thanks

Got to say, The PC term of Covid 19 Shits me to tears.
    It's the China Flu. Comes from China, I believe was deliberately engineered China and deliberately released by China. China is 100% responsible if even by the way they handled it's outbreak.

If calling them out on what they are responsible for hurts their feelings, tough.

The Spanish flu hasn't been renamed so why should the china flu?

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (09-07-20),enf (08-07-20),Johnno (08-07-20),mandc (09-07-20),Mr 672A (21-07-20),VroomVroom (09-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Got to say, The PC term of Covid 19 Shits me to tears.
    It's the China Flu. Comes from China, I believe was deliberately engineered China and deliberately released by China. China is 100% responsible if even by the way they handled it's outbreak.

If calling them out on what they are responsible for hurts their feelings, tough.

The Spanish flu hasn't been renamed so why should the china flu?
    EXACTAYf*ckinMONDO!!!!! ............... I dunno if they did it deliberately, and we probably never will.

Worth re posting this which is exactly what you are saying..................

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (09-07-20),Landytrack (21-07-20),mandc (09-07-20)

Thanks

EXACTAYf*ckinMONDO!!!!! ............... I dunno if they did it deliberately, and we probably never will.
    I am quite sure we never will, at very least for 50 years or more.
    The Outrage would make the BLM ( Black Looting Murder) protests look like a fart in a bathtub. Even the normally silent majority would shit a kidney.
    The PC Mentality would prevent such info coming out for " fear of reprisals against Chinese people" and all the rest of the PC protective of the guilty mentality.

If gubbermints every had proof, Which I'm pretty sure they WOULD know one way or the other, I doubt they would do much. What are they going to do? ask or repatriations they know they would never get and then start WWIII over it?

No one wants them to get away with it but I doubt anyone wants the world plunged into war either.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (21-07-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Truck! Victoria 428 new cases today

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Covid 19, explained by Dr. Fauci:

Fauci: Much is unknown about COVID-19, except it spreads easily, kills many, might cause permanent disabilities, and can be prevented easily
    Dr. Anthony Fauci. director of the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases Jul 19, 2020 Updated 13 hrs ago

“Chickenpox is a virus. Lots of people have had it, and probably don't think about it much once the initial illness has passed. But it stays in your body and lives there forever, and maybe when you're older, you have debilitatingly painful outbreaks of shingles. You don't just get over this virus in a few weeks, never to have another health effect. We know this because it's been around for years, and has been studied medically for years.

Herpes is also a virus. And once someone has it, it stays in your body and lives there forever, and anytime they get a little run down or stressed-out they're going to have an outbreak. Maybe every time you have a big event coming up (school pictures, job interview, big date) you're going to get a cold sore. For the rest of your life. You don't just get over it in a few weeks. We know this because it's been around for years, and been studied medically for years.

HIV is a virus. It attacks the immune system and makes the carrier far more vulnerable to other illnesses. It has a list of symptoms and negative health impacts that goes on and on. It was decades before viable treatments were developed that allowed people to live with a reasonable quality of life. Once you have it, it lives in your body forever and there is no cure. Over time, that takes a toll on the body, putting people living with HIV at greater risk for health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, diabetes, bone disease, liver disease, cognitive disorders, and some types of cancer. We know this because it has been around for years, and had been studied medically for years.

Now with COVID-19, we have a novel virus that spreads rapidly and easily. The full spectrum of symptoms and health effects is only just beginning to be cataloged, much less understood.

So far the symptoms may include:
    Fever
    Fatigue
    Coughing
    Pneumonia
    Chills/Trembling
    Acute respiratory distress
    Lung damage (potentially permanent)
    Loss of taste (a neurological symptom)
    Sore throat
    Headaches
    Difficulty breathing
    Mental confusion
    Diarrhea
    Nausea or vomiting
    Loss of appetite
    Strokes have also been reported in some people who have COVID-19 (even in the relatively young)
    Swollen eyes
    Blood clots
    Seizures
    Liver damage
    Kidney damage
    Rash
    COVID toes (weird, right?)

People testing positive for COVID-19 have been documented to be sick even after 60 days. Many people are sick for weeks, get better, and then experience a rapid and sudden flare up and get sick all over again. A man in Seattle was hospitalized for 62 days, and while well enough to be released, still has a long road of recovery ahead of him. Not to mention a $1.1 million medical bill.

Then there is MIS-C. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. Children with MIS-C may have a fever and various symptoms, including abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, neck pain, rash, bloodshot eyes, or feeling extra tired. While rare, it has caused deaths.

This disease has not been around for years. It has basically been 6 months. No one knows yet the long-term health effects, or how it may present itself years down the road for people who have been exposed. We literally *do not know* what we do not know.

For those in our society who suggest that people being cautious are cowards, for people who refuse to take even the simplest of precautions to protect themselves and those around them, I want to ask, without hyperbole and in all sincerity:

How dare you?

How dare you risk the lives of others so cavalierly. How dare you decide for others that they should welcome exposure as "getting it over with", when literally no one knows who will be the lucky "mild symptoms" case, and who may fall ill and die. Because while we know that some people are more susceptible to suffering a more serious case, we also know that 20 and 30-year-olds have died, marathon runners and fitness nuts have died, children and infants have died.

How dare you behave as though you know more than medical experts, when those same experts acknowledge that there is so much we don't yet know, but with what we DO know, are smart enough to be scared of how easily this is spread, and recommend baseline precautions such as:

Frequent hand-washing
    Physical distancing
    Reduced social/public contact or interaction
    Mask wearing
    Covering your cough or sneeze
    Avoiding touching your face
    Sanitizing frequently touched surfaces

The more things we can all do to mitigate our risk of exposure, the better off we all are, in my opinion. Not only does it flatten the curve and allow health care providers to maintain levels of service that aren't immediately and catastrophically overwhelmed; it also reduces unnecessary suffering and deaths, and buys time for the scientific community to study the virus in order to come to a more full understanding of the breadth of its impacts in both the short and long term.

I reject the notion that it's "just a virus" and we'll all get it eventually. What a careless, lazy, heartless stance.”

Last edited by Tiny; 20-07-20 at 06:41 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (20-07-20),enf (20-07-20),hca (21-07-20),Johnno (20-07-20),LeroyPatrol (21-07-20),tristen (24-07-20),william10 (20-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Good article, although the "How dare you" line gives me the Gretas.

At least he has a VALID point.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (20-07-20),Johnno (20-07-20),Tiny (20-07-20),william10 (20-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Covid 19, explained by Dr. Fauci:
    How dare you?

How dare you

How dare you
    Any Dr that writes a piece like that has lost all credibility with me.
    Because they are a Dr. does not automatically mean they are right or infallible.
    History is littered with incompetent quacks that got it wrong or lied through their arses to keep their jobs or money rolling in from vested interests.

He may be right but I'm not going to blindly believe everything he says is just because he's a doctor.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Any Dr that writes a piece like that has lost all credibility with me.
    Because they are a Dr. does not automatically mean they are right or infallible.
    History is littered with incompetent quacks that got it wrong or lied through their arses to keep their jobs or money rolling in from vested interests.

He may be right but I'm not going to blindly believe everything he says is just because he's a doctor.
    I'd expect nothing less from you george.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (20-07-20),tristen (24-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I'd expect nothing less from you george.
    You'll Be right mate!
    Just keep drinking the Corona KoolAide and believe every word The MSM and desperate, Hypocritical Gubbermints tell you without question.

Thanks

Default The Crapp isn't working.

Shadow Health Minister Chris Bowen says the Coalition’s COVID-19 tracing app is a failure which hasn’t found a single case despite the number of smartphone-equipped Australians with the app reaching the government’s 40 per cent uptake target.

“The Australian people were asked by the government to download the app, in large measure we have, and yet it hasn’t found a single case that hadn’t already been found through manual tracing,” he said. “The way the government has designed it is not working. It is a failure. “We’re in the middle of a significant outbreak and it hasn’t played a role in dealing with that outbreak.”

Mr Bowen criticised the government for not admitting the COVIDSafe app wasn't working, highlighting the $70 million in advertising spent promoting it. In April, Prime Minister Scott Morrison lauded the app as a “ticket to a COVID-safe Australia where we can go about doing the things we love doing once again”.

$70M just to promote it let alone what I believe is the $2M to buy/ set it up. Complete and utter, absolute waste of money. Nil for 6M downloads. What a(nother) farce!
    Yeah, we should trust every word from the Gubbermint and experts because it's not like they have fked anything with this Chinaah flu debacle up or got a single thing wrong with it is there?

I understand this is uncharted waters with this China Virus but the IT experts said from the start it was going to be all but useless and surely to shit the gubbermint has experts that could have told them the same. The base app it was taken from was known to have been a cock up in the countries that were already using it.
    Either the gubbermint advisors are all ignorant, incompetent imbeciles which I find doubtful, or this was a deliberate and expensive PR Stunt to try and lure people into a false sense of security. Clearly a lot Bought it and even still defend it ( what's that about easier to con someone than convince them they have been conned??) but Nil for 6+million as a joke.

Best to do ones own research from outside sources and make ones own best guess from there with anything to do with the Chinaah flu because you'll certainly be in less of a quandary than with all the conflicting info you get from the gubbermint and can't be any more wrong than what they so far have been.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-07-20),Landytrack (21-07-20)

Premium Member

Thanks

Did not even make the attempt to download the app onto my out of date obsolete Android phone which would not run the app in any case. Rather just avoided large gatherings, travel and washed hands, sanitising etc etc.

Think that will be the way to go until a proven vaccine appears.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Landytrack For This Useful Post:

hca (21-07-20)

Thanks

It certainly appears to go like wildfire in any closed space.
    Ships, planes, trains, hotels, office, apartment buildings etc, any air conditioned, centrally heated space with a percentage of recycled air or confined air space is a dangerous place these days.

Ok for the very few of us who live in a climate where none of the above are required and you are in open air all the time, but I think avoiding those areas along with crowds etc cuts the risk a little bit.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

enf (21-07-20),Landytrack (21-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Landytrack View Post
    Did not even make the attempt to download the app onto my out of date obsolete Android phone which would not run the app in any case.
    Initially, I didn't want something tracking me... being the James bondage dealer in international espionage and all I am......
    Then I learned it was all but useless anyway and phones and the tech they were using really wouldn't be very effective in this application anyway.
    Finally I learned, the crapp wouldn't work on my phone even if I did want to put it on there!
    Not hard to see why this is nil for 6M+.

Rather just avoided large gatherings, travel and washed hands, sanitising etc etc.
    I didn't go out the front gate literally for a few days short of 2 months. Dunno what sort of hovels some people live in to make staying at home such an unbearable torture but I had no problem with it. To me it really was free time. Nothing else to do, no where to be, life calmed down and you could do all those things around the place you hadn't got time to do. Which is what I did.

I do not believe now the China flu is anything like the danger they made and continue to make it out to be. They predicted 50 to 100K would die and we are still only up to what? 110? Looking at those that have been sadly lost, the reality is that they were all pretty much living on borrowed time anyway and 95% were of an age where no one would be surprised if they fell of the perch at any time.

These are the same people that die of things like a broken hip, The regular flu and a bunch of other ailments that they would have barely had a day off work for in their younger days but lead to something much worse in their advanced years. How many of them, over 20 was it, all died from one nursing home?

Think that will be the way to go until a proven vaccine appears.
    I think that will be a very long way off yet.

• Page 78 of 133 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast