Page 79 of 133 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I didn't go out the front gate literally for a few days short of 2 months.
    Same here, past the end of the road 4 or 5 times since it began. But its easy when you have a big junk box, tooled up, a backlog of projects with the materials at hand, and there's always plenty to do on a tropical hectare. We have heaps done since covid.

But its horses for courses, a lot of people do bugger all at home, now are stuck in a house block or flat with little to do days or evenings. People whose life revolves around activity's outside home, fill the few gaps with TV, these restrictions must be very difficult to endure and extremely depressing.

More so now the realization is that these lock down bouts will quite likely be repeated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Went to Bunnings today, NSW.
    Got to say it felt weird to see all the staff wearing masks or face shields. Everyone of them I saw with a mask was fiddling with them. The girl on the checkout must have touched hers 10 times between serving me and the 2 people ahead. I said to her, it looks like all the staff are planning to rob the joint. She said we were told if you aren't prepared to wear one, don't come in.

Just seemed an over reaction to me and one that promotes fear and panic. I don't believe they were wearing them before when the risk was at it's highest and everything else was closed down so I think is ridiculous now. Bunnings want the staff to wear masks, they should be providing them with proper respirators and changing the cartridges every 4 hours as required.
    Nothing Bullshit signalling if you ask me.

I noticed a few customers wearing them too, all women as they strolled around with empty baskets looking at things like light fittings and browsing the kitchens.
    Yeah, you are that scared of catching the Chinah Pox but you come out and stroll around looking at kitchens and bathrooms.

Given bunnings was one of the few places open at the height of this fear mongering and with the Crowds they had there, if this pox was near as bad as they say, there sure as shit would have been at least one case let alone cluster traced back there now.

Mrs wasn't feeling well on Tuesday so called in sick. HR rang back and told her to go get a China flu test as her understudy had also called in crook. Went to the local Hospital and got a test. Said the paperwork took 10 times longer than the test itself. They messaged her today all clear. If she doesen't have it, I don't so all good.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

They messaged her today all clear. If she doesen't have it, I don't so all good.
    You're forgetting ~ there's evidence to suggest that the test isn't conclusive/effective in all cases/people

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    You're forgetting ~ there's evidence to suggest that the test isn't conclusive/effective in all cases/people
    Fair enough but the Mrs was fine yesterday and Neither I nor my daughter show any Symptoms. I believe that can happen and still have the Virus but where do you stop? Have to be getting tested virtually every day to be sure and as you point out, even that's not foolproof.

I'm sure there are a lot of people getting tested just because they have a typical winter cold..... Which I haven't heard a thing about this year, seems you can only get the Chinahh flu or you are healthy. Least it seems they cured the common cold at last.

I saw somewhere yesterday they have a new test about to be released. It's a tape or a swab or something and gives virtually instant results.
    Hope it lives up to it's claims and is available soon.

Might have to do a test like this everywhere you go before long. At least with that there would be no need for limits on numbers of people.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

"One of the biggest risks (outside existing cases) for spreading new cases around the eastern states would have to be via interstate truckies. We need them to keep the economy going."

A quote from Dr. Cliff /ABC news.

I knew this was going to get a mention.. They do a great job.... BUT, Increasing the spread is very easy.
    Last edited by Johnno; 24-07-20 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks

Was watching chairman Dan reading out the Days death and infection toll.
    10 Dead, one 40, the rest I believe in their 80's.
    I thought of something a cop told me years ago about road tolld on holidays often being lower than any other period the thing was they never tell you how many people die in a non holiday period.

I thought the same applies here. How many people ( in their 80's) Died ( of the flu) this Time ( days/ weeks) last year?
    Unless the numbers at this time can be demonstrably shown to be significantly higher, then this China flu would have to be at very least a crock of shit.
    If the numbers are relatively the same or if the amount of people falling off the perch though other things is lower, then again this would prove this to be a beat up.

I have yet to see or hear of a comparison to put this into context and without that, the numbers really do mean nothing. With the growing amount of scepticism in the community, I think they really do need to start making this comparison before everyone just totally writes this off as complete lie.

Every year for as long as I can remember, there have been warnings this years flu will be dangerous, it's worst than last year, get vaccinated, batten the hatches.
    This year there has been been none of that. I don't recall seeing one mention of getting the normal flu shot where normally there are reminders and advertising in every Chemist and Dr's surgery you go into as well as ads on TV.
    That seems to all be forgotten now so I'm left wondering if this is nothing more than the annual new strain of flu they warn us about? Lots of other of these Flu strains have come from Chinnah so maybe this wasn't engineered as thought or they have been churning them out for some time?

There is an awful lot that does not add up to the Gubbermint and media hysteria here nor what is actually happening.

Sure, People are getting sick and Dying but how many got sick and Died last year and the year before when nothing was said about it and the world wasn't shut down?
    Even with that, have any more died?

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-07-20)

Thanks

over here in the west there were adds and news to get the flu shot as usual
    evn maybe a bit more than normal as the were saying especially for people who were suseptable
    reason being if your defences were down due to the flu you had a better chance to get the covid.

All that was back in March /April usual time of the year

Thanks

My father rang his doctor and asked if he could get the flu shot at his upcoming appointment. When he got there they said they hadn't got them to give him and didn't know when they would.
    Took the script to his chemist who had signs up the flu shot was available. Suffice to day he wasn't pleased but paid the $20 and got it there and then.

Thanks

I have yet to see or hear of a comparison to put this into context and without that, the numbers really do mean nothing. With the growing amount of scepticism in the community, I think they really do need to start making this comparison before everyone just totally writes this off as complete lie.
    The numbers do not support current policies but they are readily available.

I cannot check/proof the source but there are too many of the sources pointing out to the same result which makes a lot of people to be skeptical about COVID threat.

This year I read somewhere the seasonal flu coped almost 90% reduction in Australia comparing to previous years. Poor old flu, I feel sorry for it. It can't find enough hosts to survive.

Should we shutdown economy and announce the state of emergency every year? I don't see reason why not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    This year I read somewhere the seasonal flu coped almost 90% reduction in Australia comparing to previous years. Poor old flu, I feel sorry for it. It can't find enough hosts to survive.
    That's what I meant.
    Every instance of the regular Flu has now become The Chinaaah wuhooflu that anyone showing symptoms of is a " Case" and a statistic to be used to end the normal way of life for society.

How many died of the regular Flu last season before we had the trendy new Covidiot crap?

Thanks

How many died of the regular Flu last season before we had the trendy new Covidiot crap?
    On 18th of August last year Australia registered 430 deaths from seasonal flu. Again people with chronic deceases, suppressed immune response (regrettably elderly population) are hit the most.

Thanks

The story Linked clearly shows the flu last year was a lot worse than it has been with Chinaah Virus. We are still miles away from 430 Deaths in what, 3-4 Months?
    WTF is all this Panic ( not pandemic) about?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

What gets me are the whackjob conspiracy theorists who think it's their right to put others lives at risk, just because they don't believe there is a problem. Fair enough if you don't believe the hype, and refuse to wear a mask when it has been mandated that you should, but do it from the privacy of your own home. Don't go out trying to provoke a response, from responsible members of society, by trying to get into Bunnings etc claiming that it's your right not to wear a mask, just so you can get your 14 seconds of youtube fame. Stay the fvck at home, and do it from there.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (27-07-20),Johnno (27-07-20),Mr 672A (28-07-20),Tiny (27-07-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    What gets me are the whackjob conspiracy theorists who think it's their right to put others lives at risk, just because they don't believe there is a problem. Fair enough if you don't believe the hype, and refuse to wear a mask when it has been mandated that you should, but do it from the privacy of your own home. Don't go out trying to provoke a response, from responsible members of society, by trying to get into Bunnings etc claiming that it's your right not to wear a mask, just so you can get your 14 seconds of youtube fame. Stay the fvck at home, and do it from there.
    Totally agree.

Another "unintended consequence" of Victorias charter of human rights.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (28-07-20),hca (29-07-20),Johnno (27-07-20)

Thanks

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

"We are here only to help Americans" Maybe we should remember that next time they ask for our help.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    "We are here only to help Americans" Maybe we should remember that next time they ask for our help.
    Totally taken out of context. She stated their only agenda is to help the American people in this crisis.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

enf (28-07-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

The story Linked clearly shows the flu last year was a lot worse than it has been with Chinaah Virus. We are still miles away from 430 Deaths in what, 3-4 Months?
    WTF is all this Panic ( not pandemic) about?
    Dont worry about that because Chairman Dan will fix the numbers

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

george65 (29-07-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Of course I took it it out of context, isn't that what any "good" politician does?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Of course I took it it out of context, isn't that what any "good" politician does?
    Wait, what ! When did you get elected? lol
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Johnno (29-07-20),lsemmens (29-07-20)

• Page 79 of 133 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129 ... LastLast