Page 83 of 133 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Just that tells me people don't give a shit.
    Yes, but WHY don't they give a shit?
    There has been so much Fear mongering, sensationalism, Patently incorrect information and failed to be realised gloom and doom predictions not to mention the endless Complete Fkups in the way this has been managed and handled, Can you really blame people?

I think it is foolish to NOT question the advise being given because so much of it has been wrong and hypocritical. Looking to the gubbermints for advise and to protect us is asinine with the problems THEY have caused and failures they have had. People are FAR better doing their homework and making their own Judgements.

Look at the gubbermints own Numbers.

18,318 Current cases. Of those, 17,879 People are recovering at HOME. Only 439 In hospital.
    So far only 8 deaths in people under the age of 60. Only 27 under the age of 70 out of the current total of 221. NO one under the age of 40 has died.

Sorry, but the facts do not stack up with all the restrictions, hysteria and damage on various levels this is causing including Financial, Suicides and the small amount of people lost that lets face it, If they didn't die of The China flu stood a good chance of not being here due to something else including natural causes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (04-08-20),Johnno (03-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

This could be the issue.....

'We need the PM to take over' because Andrews isn't 'showing the leadership Vic needs'

Victorian Shadow Police Minister David Southwick says Victoria desperately needs Scott Morrison to take over the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in the state because Daniel Andrews “is not showing leadership when we need it the most.”

“Daniel Andrews has completely gotten to a point where no one is listening to him,” Mr Southwick told Sky News.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

This could be the issue.....

'We need the PM to take over' because Andrews isn't 'showing the leadership Vic needs'

Victorian Shadow Police Minister David Southwick says Victoria desperately needs Scott Morrison to take over the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in the state because Daniel Andrews “is not showing leadership when we need it the most.”

“Daniel Andrews has completely gotten to a point where no one is listening to him,” Mr Southwick told Sky News.

I think Morrison has enough on his plate.

Daniel Andrews has to do his f*cking job. So far, not one person in his government has expressed a willingness to accept responsibility for their failures. This is a common problem with politicians, especially these days. The Vic people will decide on this.....well, if there are any left alive that is.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

My sister in law living in Melbourne is a doctor , and although she doesn't 100% agree with everything the govt puts out regarding the threat , numbers , etc she has tow the line. the Dept of Health does regular checks on medical businesses to ensure all their protocols are being followed.

Its much colder in Victoria than other places this time of year so she suspects that is responsible for larger numbers of positive tests.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

hca (04-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    My sister in law living in Melbourne is a doctor , and although she doesn't 100% agree with everything the govt puts out regarding the threat , numbers , etc she has tow the line. the Dept of Health does regular checks on medical businesses to ensure all their protocols are being followed.

Its much colder in Victoria than other places this time of year so she suspects that is responsible for larger numbers of positive tests.
    It's colder here, and we have practically none....although I take your point.

They stuffed up the hotel quarantine and it's spread from there....that's the opinion of the health authorities IIRC. The inquiry will determine responsibility I suppose. Why was an unlicensed security firm recruited, and why was Vic Parks in charge FFS? Beyond belief.

Hope your sister stays healthy....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (05-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Yes, but WHY don't they give a shit?
    There has been so much Fear mongering, sensationalism, Patently incorrect information and failed to be realised gloom and doom predictions not to mention the endless Complete Fkups in the way this has been managed and handled, Can you really blame people?

I think it is foolish to NOT question the advise being given because so much of it has been wrong and hypocritical. Looking to the gubbermints for advise and to protect us is asinine with the problems THEY have caused and failures they have had. People are FAR better doing their homework and making their own Judgements.

Look at the gubbermints own Numbers.

18,318 Current cases. Of those, 17,879 People are recovering at HOME. Only 439 In hospital.
    So far only 8 deaths in people under the age of 60. Only 27 under the age of 70 out of the current total of 221. NO one under the age of 40 has died.

Sorry, but the facts do not stack up with all the restrictions, hysteria and damage on various levels this is causing including Financial, Suicides and the small amount of people lost that lets face it, If they didn't die of The China flu stood a good chance of not being here due to something else including natural causes.

Some info taken from about influenza last year. Please note these numbers are up until September 22.
    Deaths in confirmed influenza cases• NNDSS: In the year to date, 705 influenza-associated deaths have been notified to the NNDSS. Themajority of deaths were due to influenza A (96%, n=724). Where subtyping information was available, 118deaths were associated with influenza A(H3N2) and 29 with influenza A(H1N1)pdm09. Influenza B wereassociated with 27 deaths. The median age of deaths notified was 86 years (range <1 to 105 years).The number of influenza-associated deaths reported to the NNDSS does not represent the true mortalityassociated with this disease. The number of deaths is reliant on the follow up of cases to determine theoutcome of their infection.

Intensive care admissions• FluCAN: Since seasonal sentinel hospital surveillance began on 1 April 2019, 3,732 people with influenzahave been admitted to sentinel hospitals. Of those admitted, 237 (6.4%) were admitted to ICU. In thefortnight to 22 September 2019, two of the 57 people admitted to sentinel hospitals with confirmedinfluenza (3.5%) were admitted to ICU.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Completely Over Victorian Idiotic Dickheads!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

I'm very surprised this has EVER come up and where Victoria is COLD and Queensland and NT has a warmer climate in Winter so Would expect Victoria to be worst with Covid compared to QLD and NT when Covid is released in Winter.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Can you elaborate more on the figures the gov is putting out and why your sister in law doesn't agree?

Leroy

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

enf (04-08-20),hca (04-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

The current situation in Vic really infuriates me. We've gone from being in a relatively good position to shit because of the hotel security guard fiasco. On top of that people have just become blase about it all. I've also noticed there's been bugger all about hygiene and hand hygiene in particular in the news etc. You go into stores now and the hand sanitiser is empty or people don't use it. Shop owners don't enforce it. Melb should have been locked down earlier.

Now in N.E. Vic we don't have any cases. We've been pretty lucky in the grand scheme of things! I just can't see why we are being punished. We've already been lumbered with border crossing restrictions. We basically can't cross now unless working, health reasons or education. No shopping, dining etc now at all.

We should have just kept the course. Yes Dan the man said it would take 6mths to control this disease again and his justification for the 6week stage 4 lock down is to save lives. Well peoples lives are going to be ruined. Their livelihoods are going to be ruined. Many will loose their houses. Some people are just not going to be able to cope. You can guess what will come next. Now is this a better outcome? I know many eldery are copping the virus but is this stage 4 lock down the better choice?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Now Victorians who are Covid Positive in Isolation are NOT allowed to exercise at ALL.. Nothing Nada.. Stand in your backyard and breath the fresh air only.. Good lord!

A 38 yr old Female not wearing a mask in Frankston just beat up a Policewoman.. UN FARKIN BELIEVABLE

The state recorded 439 new coronavirus cases and 11 further deaths, all of which are linked to aged care.
    Last edited by Johnno; 04-08-20 at 01:22 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

enf (04-08-20),wotnot (04-08-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

A 38 yr old Female not wearing a mask in Frankston just beat up a Policewoman.. UN FARKIN BELIEVABLE

The state recorded 439 new coronavirus cases and 11 further deaths, all of which are linked to aged care.
    This is the Trouble of FEMALLLLLES, they want the Job, they scare men away from the job ( I Know two Soldier that was sacked because two of them continually swearing in front a female senior officer and this woman jumped the queue to get her promotion) they most woman cannot do the job. Same goes for the our military, look how many woman are in the Military today one woman gets touched and gets 10 highly skilled male special forces that cost plenty of money get them sacked yet the woman resigned after with plenty of $$$$$$$. One day there will be a War and Woman will run back to their kitchens.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 04-08-20 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

Apparently that FCUK head yes this time a male that came to Qld and said he is a DIPLOMAT and they cannot force him to a have test for covid or even stay put for 14 days he is not a Diplomat he is a Security Person or something like this. YES,, The police arrest him HEAH!!!!!!! 3 cheers for the cops. Wonder what ID he showed?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Now Victorians who are Covid Positive in Isolation are NOT allowed to exercise at ALL.. Nothing Nada.. Stand in your backyard and breath the fresh air only.. Good lord!

Thanks Johnno for your previous reply to my query, and this -- so I am correct in presuming you're more or less painting a picture of civil disobedience?

It makes me laugh, all these comments about politicians and the government being to blame ; fark me, how hard is this shit? We all have to take personal responsibility for our personal hygiene, and how we interact with others (family, the public, everyone) ; it's not a matter of what the politicians do or don't do ... this is most essentially a personal choice to do the right thing, it's not a political directive gone wrong ; it's the same for all members of humanity, there are few exclusions.

Unless of course someone's going to suggest to me I've got it all wrong by going to my GP when I feel ill ... and I should be going to my local member's office instead about health issues? Pffft....anyone wants to blame the government, that's fine, just make sure you're standing in front of a mirror when doing so -- who voted them into office?....

Up here, local talk is boiling down to something like 'just shoot a couple of them dead for not doing the right thing, -then- they might pull their heads in'....I am not joking. Civil disobedience in this case, is plain personal stupidity ; we all know what to do, we don't need politicians to tell us what to do....goodgrief.

To respond in kind to you Johnno, I'll give you the picture from 'on the ground' up here in QLD...m'kay? I should mention my sources... daughter lives on GC, I have friends in more than a dozen towns and suburbs of Brisbane ; if I want an opinion or 'news' of what's going on in their area...I ask them ; I can trust my friends to be honest. A couple of those friends are police officers, which is supposed to matter (to some =)

One copper told me, if they had as many people ringing up to 'dob in druggies' as they're getting calls about people not doing the right thing about covid19, they wouldn't have a drug problem =) My daughter lives at the GC, and she's telling me about folks in highrise apartments, playing spotters for the coppers...of their own volition. The coppers are fairly stoked about all of this.

If you see the Logan area of Brisbane in the news, that's the demographic there reflecting the lower-middle class I don't give a shit attitude ; you get that. On top of that, you've got the Logan Hospital...which is kinda like a Chinese wetmarket of sorts =) That place, is atrocious...patients don't want to be there, people refuse to go there for operations, it's a shithole. The whole ethic of that campus is off, nobody gives a shit...even nurses don't want to work there, it's pretty grim.

They've just now done this;

I am actually in scenic rim -- I also know, first hand (saw it with my own 2 eyes & had my glasses on =), that doctors/staff of the PA Hospital in Brissy, were gearing up for this back in March mate, in preparation as contingency if exactly this scenario panned out. That sort of coordination & planning didn't come from frigging politics or government directives, ffs...which health, it's not how it works...in fact, Qld Health and whichever political party that gets voted into power, always seem to be at loggerheads with each other ... doesn't speak for the people so much, does it?

I'm actually reasonably surprised at the good conduct of joe citizen up here, but people will be people, and with things like this it only takes a few idiot morons to undo any good work that's been done containing the viral spread. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing (to try contain it) - a more rational approach may well be herd immunity, let everyone contract it, and those who die, die - if so facto : I mean hard truth stuff, this shit's going to cost countries lots in terms of GDP, and if you want to keep any economy going, it has to be kept running, it's like a machine....if you let this virus run rife, and it kills off the old, that doesn't matter at the bottom line -- most of these ppl are no longer working/workers ; wrt to GDP and/or the recovery phase of a depressed economy, these people have nothing to offer that process ...they only account for a small % of local demand.

Time will tell, and it won't be over until an effective vaccine is developed.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

hca (04-08-20),lsemmens (04-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    Some info taken from about influenza last year. Please note these numbers are up until September 22.
    Deaths in confirmed influenza cases• NNDSS: In the year to date, 705 influenza-associated deaths have been notified to the NNDSS. Themajority of deaths were due to influenza A (96%, n=724). Where subtyping information was available, 118deaths were associated with influenza A(H3N2) and 29 with influenza A(H1N1)pdm09. Influenza B wereassociated with 27 deaths. The median age of deaths notified was 86 years (range <1 to 105 years).The number of influenza-associated deaths reported to the NNDSS does not represent the true mortalityassociated with this disease. The number of deaths is reliant on the follow up of cases to determine theoutcome of their infection.

Intensive care admissions• FluCAN: Since seasonal sentinel hospital surveillance began on 1 April 2019, 3,732 people with influenzahave been admitted to sentinel hospitals. Of those admitted, 237 (6.4%) were admitted to ICU. In thefortnight to 22 September 2019, two of the 57 people admitted to sentinel hospitals with confirmedinfluenza (3.5%) were admitted to ICU.

Very Telling as to the absolute over reaction to this China Flu. given these Figures, how can there be so much alarmism over this? Thesase are official Figures that so far show we were a LOT worse off last year than we have been this year. Yeah, still some time to run but....

I'm really wondering where the regular Flu stops and the china flu starts? I'm thinking a lot of cases could be mixed together and the regular flu is just being labled china flu.

The US among other countries are supposed to be having a real bad time with this,. A comparison of this and last years figures would illustrate if we have just been really lucky or it their numbers also illustrate they were worse off last year which would make this a huge con job. If this years numbers are far worse then there would be more weight to support the concerns.

Illustrating the difference if this years is worse might be a good way of getting people to realise it is to be concerned about and may cut through a lot of the misinformation based complacency the health authorities and Gubberm9ints have created.

If everyone is doing better this year, then some serious questions need to be asked as to what Fk is going on with all this?

Thanks

ahh yeah the good old flu yep get it take a disprin and feel better

to all the people who think its a ruse and a joke and over blown
    i disagree , i have lost 2 people to it and also know of a few others
    all in their mid 30-40 who recovered but now over 3 months later say they
    feel like they only have one lung struggle to breath and do everyday things.

My niece who lives here in auss in her mid 20's fit as a fiddle eats well
    considering she is a clinical dietitian who works with people who are having
    chemo etc to help them with their nutrition working at westmead hospital got it
    and she said she is fooked cant walk more than a few hundred meters and struggling at work.

this to me is some one who thinks its a joke

Last edited by fandtm666; 04-08-20 at 08:53 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

enf (04-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    ahh yeah the good old flu yep get it take a disprin and feel better

to all the people who think its a ruse and a joke and over blown
    i disagree , i have lost 2 people to it and also know of a few others
    all in their mid 30-40 who recovered but now over 3 months later say they
    feel like they only have one lung struggle to breath and do everyday things.

My niece who lives here in auss in her mid 20's fit as a fiddle eats well
    considering she is a clinical dietitian who works with people who are having
    chemo etc to help them with their nutrition working at westmead hospital got it
    and she said she is fooked cant walk more than a few hundred meters and struggling at work.

I've lost a close acquaintance as well. Middle age. Only 3 fatalities here, but I knew one....

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fandtm666 (04-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    The current situation in Vic really infuriates me. We've gone from being in a relatively good position to shit because of the hotel security guard fiasco.
    I think there is more to it than that. There was the Black Dogs matter protests where a number of cases were admitted and I'll bet a hell of a lot more were covered up. I also put a LOT on Minority groups that either don't listen to anything, are English illiterate, or just have piss poor personal Hygiene and health standards inherited from their mother shithole.
    There have been and still are stupid loopholes in the " Lockdowns " that allow far too many people to not only come in and out of the state, but in and out of the goddam Country!

On top of that people have just become blase about it all.
    I was talking to a client today. She too was blase about it because she had also been looking at official figures and quoted my own words precisely, " They don't add up to what we are being lead to believe". Add to that conflicting warnings and over the top predictions that have been a million miles away from reality.....
    Complacency is the gubbermits fault not that of the people.

You go into stores now and the hand sanitiser is empty or people don't use it. Shop owners don't enforce it.
    I Don't bother with the sanitiser when I go into a place, What's the fking point? I know I'm not brining it in, I'm more worried about getting it IN a place. I use it going out because that's where the real risk is. That studff is also not to use too much because it CAN be absorbed through the skin. I read a piece about some arse clowns trying to cash in and when Ethanol wasn't available they used methanol. Who didn't see that coming? Wouldn't have to use a lot of that and you'd be crook which is what happened. Lucky I can at least tell the difference in smell have used a lot of meth myself.

Went up the road briefly with the Mrs today. Noted that the sanitiser is EVERYWHERE now. Lot of variation in price and probably some in quality as well but there certainly is no Shortage. Still got about 3.5L of the 4 L I made up when this all started. I wash my hands with soap and the sanitiser when I come back frm anywhere and out the back. The sanitiser is great at getting grease and crap off your hands.

We basically can't cross now unless working, health reasons or education. No shopping, dining etc now at all.
    And those things alone, as Imperative as they may be, are in fact weak links in a lockdown.

Well peoples lives are going to be ruined. Their livelihoods are going to be ruined. Many will loose their houses. Some people are just not going to be able to cope. You can guess what will come next. Now is this a better outcome? I know many elderly are copping the virus but is this stage 4 lock down the better choice?
    I agree entirely. I'm at high risk from this ( although I have my considerable doubts now it's not anything but the yearly new flu strain) but people like me and the elderly should be the ones locked down, not the 50s and under that there has only been one death so far with. At the end of the day, it's a damn site easier to look after a smaller group of people than it is the whole population. The needs of the at risk should have been taken care of by the people now employed to try and protect everyone at once which is never going to work.

In other words , focus on the target group and let the others look after themselves. Again the numbers prove that over half the population are in reality at no risk at all so applying resources accordingly would have a much better result in controlling the virus and not completely fking the country and the worlds economy's.
    How many families is this going to ruin financially when the realistic likely outcome is they COULD have got the sniffles for a fortnight...or less?

I wait to be corrected but so far this looks like the con job of the century to me... after Climate Change and Y2K...... although neither of them stopped the world as we know it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    The bottom line is the numbers both of infections and deaths are no worse than from the flu last year that was no big deal.
    The economic, social and other parameters that are being greatly adversely affected do not warrant the Illnesses and deaths.

I have had the flu many times and it ALWAYS knocks the shit out of me for at very least a month and usually beyond. I have said for years, the best way to loose weight is to get sick. Last time I had a good run in with the flu which was about 6 years back now, I dropped 12 Kg and wasn't back to full steam till well into the summer.

Getting over any illness that puts you in bed does take time and just because you are over it, does not mean you are back to normal.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

I also have friends in NL (andabata) and SE (shelter)

<gcb> hows things in EU?
    <andabata> suny and warm
    <gcb> I was just looking at the NL covid19 numbers ...
    <gcb> numbers rising, increased testing?
    <andabata> that aswell
    <andabata> more testing, but they relaxed the lockdown 1 juli...
    <andabata> so that might have also created an increase with cases
    <andabata> and people starting to relax a bit too much in regard with distancing
    <andabata> also start of the summer holiday
    <andabata> so most likely a bit of all
    <andabata> but it is slightly worrysome
    <andabata> although the hostipalsation rate isn't increasing (yet ?)
    <shelter> here the numbers are going down
    <shelter> but expect an increase again this fall
    <andabata> i expect an increase in september aswell.
    <andabata> when people are going back to school / work after the vacation
    <gcb> ok, thx...appreciate the view
    <andabata> and there where some outbrakes because people decided it was a good idea to have part

From a sociology point of view, human nature has a lot to answer for =)

• Page 83 of 133 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast