Page 86 of 133 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

YESTERDAYS official numbers were 19862 cases in all of Oz.
    Of those, 600 People are in Hospital. Only NSW with 12 and vic with the rest had any new cases Which has to be good news.

I'm not at all claiming the stats are BS, I'm just saying that just because there are what seem a lot of new cases coming up does not nessacarialy mean we are all doomed when so many people are allowed to recover at home. By my probably dodgy calculations, that's .03% of people with the China flu are sick enough to be hospitalised. What was the number for the regular flu last year and the year before? I think someone posted it was much worse than we have seen so far this year.

To me, that does not suggest the virus is anywhere near as dangerous as the hysteria makes out. If you are at home getting over a sickness, then clearly your life is not in danger.

The 20-50 age group is well and truly the lions share of the infected. That majority infected group have lost 3 people. Of the rest lost, only 29 have been under 70.
    Again, I suggest the above 70-s are a very susceptible age group for anything from ingrown toenail on up. The other thing the numbers don't show is pre exoisting conditions. How many have had cancer since before the start of the year for one thing?
    Was talking to a real estate agent yesterday. He said someone in the office lost a family member in the US. They were diagnosed with terminal cancer over 12 Months ago, given 6 months to live, went beyond that but somewhere in the latter stages supposedly got the China flu whilst in the palliative care and Covid was put on their death certificate. He said they died WITH Covid not because Of Covid. They were a foregone conclusion long before it was heard of. He said the family were unhappy about it ( didn't ask why) but the hospital refused to put it down to cancer.
    I wonder how many similar situations have occurred?

I just don't see how the problem justifies the " cure" in the action being taken which really does not seem to be working that well anyhow.
    The aftermath of this is going to be life changing for everyone in so many less than wonderful ways.

Last edited by george65; 07-08-20 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Victoria records 394 new COVID-19 cases and 17 deaths

There are now 634 Victorians in hospital, including 43 people in Intensive Care.

Of these, 26 are on ventilators.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,524 Posts

Thanks

Given Victorians have had the longest and most severe lockdown restrictions, I wouldn't expect anything different.

Thanks

Doctor claims Ivermectin triple therapy is 'amazingly effective' in treating COVID-19.. /Read into it what you will.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Given Victorians have had the longest and most severe lockdown restrictions, I wouldn't expect anything different.
    It also shows how many just don't get it, and are so willing to risk lives, even if it isn't their own. ####em I say, double the fines and halve their government hand outs.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (10-08-20),Mr 672A (10-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    It also shows how many just don't get it, and are so willing to risk lives, even if it isn't their own. ####em I say, double the fines and halve their government hand outs.
    I thin you are being overly generous......
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Doctor claims Ivermectin triple therapy is 'amazingly effective' in treating COVID-19.. /Read into it what you will.

If you got maggots, it might work
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Johnno (10-08-20),Tiny (10-08-20)

Thanks

Victoria has suffered its deadliest day in the coronavirus pandemic with 19 deaths and 322 new infections including 105 'mystery' cases with no known source.

The figure takes the state's death toll to 229 and the national total to 314.

Fourteen of the 19 deaths were residents in aged care.

The people who died were one man in his 50s, one woman in her 60s, two men in their 70s, one man and six women in their 80s, and one male and seven women in their 90s.

Victoria currently has 7,869 active coronavirus cases, including 1,065 among healthcare workers.

LSemmens
    Thanks

Sadly, the health care workers have NO CHOICE when they start work, they've got to put up with all sorts, CV included. They all deserve an award for bravery. The idiots who prowl around yelling "my shit Matters" or just strolling around the shops because it's "their right" are the ones who should be held accountable for the spread of this thing. I don't particularly like wearing a mask, but, if needed, I shall happily don one. If only to protect someone else from the risk of catching it. I know I'm COVID free, but the other person may not know it, so why should I cause them stress?

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Johnno (10-08-20),Tiny (10-08-20),tristen (12-08-20),wotnot (10-08-20)

Thanks

Well said Isemmens,

"Police fine 276 people for breaching lockdown restrictions". /bloody hell, people just don't listen

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

What good are massive fines that most people will not pay....? This is Victoria, where the courts will probably be overrun with fine defaulters and will just let people off as they do with even violent criminals.

To criminally risk the lives of others by recklessness, stupidity or simply carelessness should entail more than a fine. That might just put a point through the thick skulls.

I must point out in fairness that in the ACT I don't wear a mask. I have acquired a supply and will wear them if required.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Sadly, the health care workers have NO CHOICE when they start work, they've got to put up with all sorts, CV included.
    Had an Ambulance ride to the hospital last night and the displeasure of a 9 hour Visit.

I don't know what the Nurses in particular get pain nor the doctors but they could have a 1000% pay rise and still be short changed.
    One pretty young Girl there didn't stop the whole goddam time and the shit I saw her deal with in that one stay was ridiculous.

Sorry for typically going against the grain but i'm more Convinced all this China Flu crap is over the top.

Ambos had to put on masks and PPE before they came in. Fair enough. Had to wear masks before we could get into the Hospital. OK. I can see why people don't like them and where the allegations of them causing health problems originate. BS BUT, after an hour of wearing them and doing nothing physical, Both Mrs and I were getting real short of breath and they certainly make you feel hot and uncomfortable. Dunno how surgeons wear them for long periods. you would think there has to be something better by now.

Patients in the ED all had to wear them. Most staff did but NOT the doctors. Trolley man, cleaners and security dad and didn't wear them. I assumed they were optional.
    There was a lot of attention paid to China flu spread limiting the holes in the system were sorry to say, Laughable.
    I saw the doc with the stethoscope round his neck use it on at least 4 Different patients in a short time frame. Wasn't cleaned and in all honesty, I thought the thing looked like a it could use a good wipe over. Not putting shit on anyone, just stating what I saw. Same with the computers they spend at least half their time on no doubt filling out the endless forms ( came home with a 7 page report that says they found virtualy nothing). One Nurse Doc spends 10 Min wiping the things down and disinfecting. Next couple sit down, use it and leave, next one gives it a half assed wipe. Some are gloved after touching patients with same gloves, some are not.
    If that computer got the Pox in it at least half the staff would be infected.

Again, not putting shit on them, I could see that trying to deal with trying to keep some semblance of decontamination and do their fking job they looked overloaded with to start was a a nightmare. I'll bet my arse they didn't get a 50% staff allowance increase to deal with all the China flu measures.

There were a few other things I noticed at the time, Blood pressure thing in the cubicle wasn't saying what they expected so they brought a Mobile one that straight away went to someone just brought in on a stretcher. The cement Mixer, ( Cat scan machine) had a line of people going through it and had been all night. Not one bit of a wipe down. Same for Chest X ray, Satan there, hold his on your body, next guy do the same. The one Unisex shitter on the ward was there for about 20 Paitents/ cubicles. Wear a mask but how they going to have someone stand there and disinfect a shitter after each visitor? Yeah, I washed my hands, well, and then I have to touch the door latch to get out.

There was also many things I noticed that were clearly very pro active measures in cleanliness soley and wholly aimed at stopping the transmission of the pox.
    The thing that jumped out was the amount of obvious holes in the fence in what was going on. You just can't police it all and without a complete soloution, I just am not convinced that doing the token measures does much good at all.

I'm not against the precautions, I'm against the Gaping loopholes that render all the precautions, inconvenience and other bullshit completely and utterly useless. zzzzz
    It either needs to be 100% or forget it.
    It's all for show because if there was a proper deadly pox, we'd already all be dead.
    It's pretty clear to me that in the case of something that was deadly and was highly contagious, It's virtually impossible to stop it. The lengths one would have to go to are virtually impractical unless you would be working with a small group of people by cared for by a large group with a LOT of resources.

What a Fking Legend the ambo guy was. Professional, knowledgeable, perfect bedside manner, helpful, friendly..... Could not fault the guy if I tried. If I saw him in a restaurant I'd sure as shit pick up his tab and order him a good bottle of wine. Yeah sure, it's his job but there is doing your job and there is really caring and and being giving a person the faith that you are in the best hands possible. Cruised the ward hours later on another run and saw a couple of people he had brought in before briefly, asking how they were going, were they feeling better now and just reassuring them.

Asked about Ambos getting assaulted. Had been 10 times in the 5 years on the job including having a Gun and a Knife Pulled on him. Legend is Ex army and made the dickheads sorry but was pissed and rightfully so. He left combat to help people and didn't want to continue on with it. Definately a do gooder of the RIGHT kind.
    The Ambulance itself felt like it was going to fall apart being driven fairly slowly, certainly under the limit. Partner said the thing had 230K Km on it. I was amazed. They said normally do around 200K which is still too much in my book but of course they do take their time replacing some. All about money.
    Of course we have plenty to give away but never enough for unimportant things at home.... Like saving the lives of our own people. Don't know how cleaned down that got after each job but what a fking job to do it anyway.

Trying to protect and prevent health workers from getting china flu is like pissing on a Bushfire the way they are currently going about it. Clearly they need space suit type outfits to properly protect them and then probably disinfectant showers. Don't have a problem with that, If that's what they need they should get it. Again, money should be no object with this. Instead it's clear what they do get is a lot of bean counters trying to run budgets and get by with the minimum possible rather than the best approach possible.

How could health workers dealing with infected people do anything but get the pox themselves? Again, WTF aren't they at least get politicians wages? They earn it, Pollies, not so much in my book.

Aside from the health risk, the shit health workers put up with. There was this crack head came in an Ambulance screaming the place down for 20 Min. Took a bunch of them to restrain her. Later when I asked why they didn't just Bomb her, nurse said she was already bombed enough and they have to be careful what they give them doesen't finish them off. I said I'm failing to see the cause of your concern here. Wife said geez, you think they would murdering her. I said I wish to hell they would hurry up about it! Nurse saw the black humour and laughed. Run of the mill for them. Another woman come in just moaning " Dying, Dying" . Serial hypochondriac apparently but they have to treat her. Ambos that bought her in knew her well as did one of the staff.

I'm watching pretty young thing clean beds where people shit themselves, cleaning up spew, had to put a catheter into some woman that could lose half her bodyweight and still be morbidly obese and double what she should weigh and so it went on. Poor kid never stopped and never got ruffled when I would have been punching fkers out and just walking away.
    I have no idea what the Fk possess these people to do a job like that but I'm fking grateful they do.

Yeah, I have been of the opinion this china flu thing is over kill and I'm even more convinced from seeing it from the inside.
    ALL these procedures and measures they are taking are at the end of the day relatively half assed with a LOAD of loopholes. They may slow it but that's nothing like the objective they are pushing in the first place when state Gubbermints piss their pants every day 3 people get sick and a bunch of *0 Yo's fall off the perch much as I feel for them and Fear the same thing happening to my own. The reality is that happens and when you get to that age there is no expectation of how much longer you will be around. .

Despite the place being harder to get into than a prison is to get out of ( put my daughter through the ringer and then said oh, only one person per patient per day, like they couldn't have said that at the start) I felt far more fearful of picking something up in the hospital than I have anyywhere else. The strict mask policy at the door goes out the window when you are in but there are stupidity's to that. The woman in the next cubical got WOKEN up by some female Sgt Major to put her mask on about 4 am. Shes in her only little box at least 5M from anyone sound asleep and they wake her up for that shit yet the people emptying bins going from ward to ward are not wearing anything bar gloves same as the guy doing the floors?

What was sad and a picture in my Mind I don't really know what to make of was maybe 100 or so masks all just dropped by Fkers coming out the place around the main entrance. Why they couldn't put them in a bin or take them with them I don't know but I said something I'm not really sure how to interpret.

Maybe just a sad sign of the times and all the variations and problems with that.

/rant.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (11-08-20),Mr 672A (11-08-20),VroomVroom (11-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Is it just me or does Mark McGowan look like Nyder from Dr Who?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mkhannah; 10-08-20 at 09:58 PM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

I'm watching pretty young thing clean beds where people shit themselves, cleaning up spew, had to put a into some woman that could lose half her bodyweight and still be morbidly obese and double what she should weigh and so it went on. Poor kid never stopped and never got ruffled when I would have been punching fkers out and just walking away.
    I have no idea what the Fk possess these people to do a job like that but I'm fking grateful they do.
    Did you get a Hard On watching that pretty young thing cleaning the beds? Also that fat morbidly obese woman did you see Nurses bring in Flower with them? and if not she is not morbidly obese and just FAT

LSemmens
    Thanks

I don't usually read your entire posts george, but in this case, I could not agree more!

Over the years I have spent more than my fair share of time in A&E and hospital wards. We gave up using the ambulance not because of the ambos who were fantastic, but, wife's condition, whilst not life threatening, did require admission to hospital. Because of where we live, it would take an ambulance at least 30mins to get to us, they would then take us to the nearest hospital who could do nothing and transfer her on. (The reason for that is that they do not have the staff or facilities) Another half hour to hour waiting for the (only) town doctor to authorise the transfer, then another hour over a rough road (is is sealed but.......) to the next Hospital. So, 2 hours minimum just to get to somewhere that can actually do something. I load her in the car and within an hour we were at our "favourite" hospital where everyone knew her and her condition. I tell you it's more comfortable in the car than lying in the back of an ambulance and most of the time she is in a ward before the "ambulance ride" would have finished.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Did you get a Hard On watching that pretty young thing cleaning the beds?
    No, not at all. Clearly I'm not as fked up in the head and perverted as some seem to be to even think of it in sexual terms or derive any such notion from my comments.

I felt sorry that a young woman like that should have to do such a lousy job and admired her greatly for having the dedication to do it when there are a lot of far less unpleasant Jobs she could have been doing and probably getting a lot better paid for. It's not a job I'd have the internal fortitude to take on, so I thought how much better a person she was than I to do it.

Again, it's easy for us old farts to put shit on the younger generation. I'm sure being the age she was she sticks her head in face waste and SM every chance she gets, does all the things young people do us old farts whine about but at the end of the day is doing a job that i'm sure a lot of us here wouldn't touch with a barge pole and may be wiping our arses when we are too far gone to do it ourselves.

That's a person that has my unlimited respect and appreciation for.

Also that fat morbidly obese woman did you see Nurses bring in Flower with them? and if not she is not morbidly obese and just FAT
    Wrong.
    Look up the term before discrediting yourself. It was more than clear to anyone with eyes and a bit of knowledge that she was undoubtedly Morbidly obese as in the defined and proper medical term. And just in case anyone wants to jump to the usual defence of " She could have something wrong with her" less than 1% of people have an actual medical problem or are on medication that causes them to become medically obese. The problem with most fat/ Obese people is more mental as in depression or just plain lack of self control in not shovelling shit food into themselves they shouldn't and know it and laziness.

Friend of mine, qualified Dietician amongst other things, says the skill to weight control and loss can be broken down to 2 very simple steps.
    Eat less, Move more.
    He is correct.

For anyone that wants to have an argument on obesity, beware, it's a subject I am experienced and very well well informed on.

In any case my Comments were in reference to paying homage to those on the front line of this China pox and the risk they are exposing themselves to for the benefit of others as well as all the other great work they perform. They do a brilliant job under shit conditions, are grossly under paid and there are still Cock heads out there that want to abuse them physically or with slanderous remarks.

The fact some want to detract from appreciation of the fantastic job they do is just plain sad.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (11-08-20),VroomVroom (12-08-20)

Thanks

"One third of Australians believe coronavirus is no more dangerous than a typical winter flu despite Victoria's rapidly rising death toll and high infection numbers.

Victoria announces 331 new coronavirus cases and another 19 deaths.

NSW records 22 new coronavirus cases, Premier Gladys Berejiklian confirms.

ACT records zero new cases of COVID-19.

WA records zero new cases of COVID-19."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

wotnot (11-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,524 Posts

For Qld;

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (11-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    "One third of Australians believe coronavirus is no more dangerous than a typical winter flu despite Victoria's rapidly rising death toll and high infection numbers."
    DESPITE..... the great majority of deaths are in people over 70 Yo. I suspect many of those and the ones under 70 had pre existing conditions that made them more susceptible to not recovering from a whole range of illnesses.

How about the gubbermint putting things into context and giving us the death tolls for the same days last year of people whom died from the ordinary flu?
    I believe the final toll for the winter season last year was over 700.

You can make statistics say anything you want them to simply by dramatising them and not putting them in context.

The thing with China flu is I think it may be more contagious than the regular flu. We would expect flu here at this time of year but in the northern Hemisphere it's summer so the flu cases there should be very low. And they are not.
    Danger and contagion though are very different things.

Chicken Pox and measles for instance are Highly contagious and potentially deadly to some but not considered especially dangerous either although we also try to stop them spreading.

• Page 86 of 133 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast