Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I think if push comes to shove in my area I'll just load up the bike and head bush!
    Outstanding idea, I'm already there ~ goats make for nice people, yeah? =)

I think the face mask thing is either here with us forever, just like the common 'flu is.... or it's going to be one of those recurring fads... like yo-yos, hula-hoops, sea-monkeys etc...mini-skirts....mmmm....mini-skirts....

Like, I'll have to remark that the smart money, was buying shares in a company involved with making the things, back at 1Qtr fiscal last year -- you'd be sweetly flushed with dividends right now.

Of course, if you missed that boat, there's always the chic & fashionable;

Thank you neobosen.com -- if this is what happens during a pandemic, can we even begin to imagine what it would be like, if the world ever faces an epidemic?

=)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (21-08-20),Johnno (21-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

I'm one step ahead of you.. Plus mines a guaranteed big seller I'm getting ready for summer.. LOL

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (21-08-20),wotnot (21-08-20)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Johnno;830104]I'm one step ahead of you.. Plus mines a guaranteed big seller I'm getting ready for summer.. LOL

Make sure you change it when it gets wet, LOL

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (21-08-20),Johnno (21-08-20),wotnot (21-08-20)

Thanks

Now there's an idea... Water proof masks. There's my Italian mate next 100k sale.. Thanks

Premium Member
    Thanks

...I don't even ...have... words for that. =)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-08-20),Johnno (22-08-20)

Thanks

Hehe... LOL

“I guess everyone’s ears pricked up when they realized a free bump was on offer, which is the way things run down here. – and they didn’t have to endure a conversation with a mate’s mate.”

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

wotnot (22-08-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Can you Sydneysiders enlighten me? "Marching Powder" is that another name for Cocaine?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post

...I don't even ...have... words for that. =)
    Hahaha! Was pretty funny though!

I'll bet some people were even gullible and stupid enough to believe that article was real and did go to get tested. I wonder how many morons read it and did show up and ask were they going to get some unfrozen snow or complain when they didn't?

These drug users are probably gullible and stupid enough to read that and think they would.
    They should direct people to a specific place and see how many idiots turn up. They could have some people dressed as cops asking what they were doing there.
    Be good for a YT vid and you just know someone is going to be brain dead enough to believe the Gubbermint is giving out blow they confiscated from some shipment.
    Fking druggos. Stupid enough to believe any dam thing!

That did make me laugh from several aspects!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Can you Sydneysiders enlighten me? "Marching Powder" is that another name for Cocaine?
    Yes because of it's effects.
    If memory serves, Hitler or the chinese or someone gave it to their armies to keep them awake so they could march further and stay awake longer and also carry on in battle when they were wounded.

There was also the infamous FBI shootout maybe 25 years or so ago where they busted a bunch of coke heads that were high as a kite and a big shoot-out occoured.
    The FBI agents then had pissant Snub nose .38's as standard issue back then and they were tagging these guys that were full of nose candy and the bullets were having no effect. The Crims continued on even though a number of them were found to have multiple fatal wounds that should have dropped them but were able to keep functioning for up to a minute and in doing so, took out a number of FBI agents.

There was a big stink about it and the FBI then adopted the much harder hitting 10mm Calibre as standard..... which in the next few years they found the agents couldn't handle so they spent another $100M or so and re equipped them with the .40 cal which they still have and is a widely adopted platform for a lot of law enforcement these days including our own.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,079 Times in 9,094 Posts

The Germans made extensive use of methamphetamine in all theatres of war...labelled Pervitine.....nicknamed something like "soldiers salt".

It's been used as the reason that their soldiers were often unusually brutal upon success in battle.

Nasty sh!t, and nothing about it has changed
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

mandc (30-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (30-08-20)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

This corona virus seem to be pretty good at choosing who it wants to kill so the Chinese have seemed to design it to kill older folks one has to wonder if they could make one that only kill politicians that would be very handy at present ? dont you think so ?

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Luckily most snakes where I am are friendly and it pays to know your snakes.
    The carpet snake is a gardeners friend and wipes your property clean of rats in no time.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (31-08-20),wotnot (30-08-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    This corona virus seem to be pretty good at choosing who it wants to kill so the Chinese have seemed to design it to kill older folks one has to wonder if they could make one that only kill politicians that would be very handy at present ? dont you think so ?

Nobody has to design a virus for killing older people, the common flu virus is just as good in 'selecting' the elderly. It has little to do with he virus and all to do with the weakened immune response of the elderly in general.

China have now approved their vaccine for what they call emergency use, which includes health workers and the military.
    I think they should approve it for age care centres and anybody who is over 65.

As for selecting politicians, I hope you are only talking about the dystopian dictators, it may be possible once their genome sequences are known, to create a selective virus that can spread through everybody but only cause harm to critical cells that match said DNA profiles, but I am no biotech expert, maybe this would just be a SciFi story.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-08-20 at 11:45 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Raymond needs to go and do his business in Dan's cabinet. As people lost their jobs or work from home they see more snakes in there.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Luckily most snakes where I am are friendly and it pays to know your snakes.
    The carpet snake is a gardeners friend and wipes your property clean of rats in no time.
    All sorts of venomous bities around here, angry browns and the occasional tiger...quite a few death adders hereabouts as well.

It's interesting to watch people learn, that when they're not home, their place of residence becomes a different sort of home for snakes and the like...ie; food source, refuge. These snakes are always about, it's just that -they- know the humans go to work between 9 to 5, and so there's nobody about to bother/notice them...often they slip in during the day when nobody's home, and slip out again at night (if they can) while folks are asleep.

Fortunately speaking, Snake Lives Matter!! (everyone chant plz =) ... so domesticated humans living in the city 'trapped' at home, always call the snake-catcher when they discover their home is not only their own =)

I'll chalk this up as a positive corollary of the covid19 effect.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (31-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Fortunately speaking, black Snake Lives Matter!! (everyone chant plz =) ... so domesticated humans living in the city 'trapped' at home, always call the snake-catcher when they discover their home is not only their own =)
    Fixed that for you...............you could get 'cancelled' for leaving out the racist black bit................ohhhhh and I forgot to capitalize it

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (31-08-20),wotnot (30-08-20)

Thanks

Did the annual Team Photos for the old soccer club yesterday. Didn't think they would be on this year but got a pleasant surprise.
    The club asked about Social Distancing in the team pics. I said a 12 person team with coach and manager is going to be 10.5M wide and 1,5M deep. The prints will be 6x4, 6 ft long by 4 Inches high at that proportion.
    I said if that's what you want, can't help, I suggested we do it as normal and just do the predictable warnings including if you are not happy with that, don't bother coming.

I wasn't worried about staying away from the kids, I prefer that with most of the little cheeky buggers and I have my daughter there as the kiddy wrangler so I don't have to go near them.

Daughter and I came up with a new, funky style of lighting and different posing the the usual holding the ball to make things a bit different and give the kids more of a Magazine cover look than the same old boring shit. Wasn't till we got to the field and someone from the club gave us a ball and some boxes of sanitiser cloths we figured we had a convenient accident on our hands in that not having the ball was going to make things easier and appease the current narrative.

I would have put money on getting at least one whinger, probably several, and expected to see people all masked up and doing the social distancing thing etc.
    Not one. Not a single person complained or did anything different to any other year. Blokes I knew were coming up shaking hands, women parents were still coming up and putting their hand on my shoulder to get my attention and no one was in the slightest bit worried about their kids whom were climbing all over one another as usual.
    Fk it was nice!

I was told during the day that the association had said o0nly one parent was allowed to come to the grounds. What manner of stupidity is that?
    soccer pitch is 300M around the perimeter. It's more than an acre. At 1.5M per person, that's 200 People and of course how many sit back up under the trees or on the benches or no where near the game or anyone else. More fking do good, panic merchant stupidity and Virtue signalling!
    Happily, no one seemed to take any damn notice and there were parents siblings and relatives as normal.

I had several different conversations about the China pox with different people and every single person bar one thought it was completely over blown. They also said they didn't know of one person that had had it except one woman. She was wary that it was very dangerous and claimed she knew 15 people first hand that had got it. She said when I asked, all had recovered fine, no one had been hospitalised but several said it was very unpleasant to go through. I'd say that and more about the regular flu so that was more than reasonable. Several people in the group that were talking later were saying when the lady left, (Whom was doing nothing different to anyone else and standing for some time before in a normal closer than 1.5M group) that they didn't believe she knew of 15 people with it as the rest of the group of 7 knew no one between the lot of them.

I pointed out clearly a lot of people have had it and someone must know them so her claim is certainly plausible ( she may work in age care, I forgot to ask how she knew them) but to me the main thing was they all recovered just fine and she said no one was hospitalised with it.

Highlight of my day by far was one of the players little 2 Yo sister. So cute and wanted to have a Photo too. Mother said no, it's only for the players. I was running early as usual so I asked the little one if she wanted a photo like her brother to which she said yes please polite as could be. I said well you go over there, stand on the box and face the light, fold your arms and look at me.
    Posing box is 300MM high and she climbed up on it as an adult would on a tall table. So cute. She turned to the light, folded her arms, looked at me and on request shot a perfect smile.
    Fking Magic!

All the other parents around were oohing and ahhing and my daughter was saying "how come I have so much trouble getting 10 and 15 yo's to do this and she just fires it off perfect with no direction at all?"
    We did the shots said OK and she climbed down all excited. Mother says what do we say to the man and she said thank you and the mother said "and what else?" and she came over and gave me a big hug.
    Bloody beautiful.

Had the Tablet wified to the camera so my Daughter pulled the pics off the card onto the tablet then emailed them straight to the mother while she was still standing there. Later club pres came up and told me the mother whom he knew was stoked with the pics of the daughter and was telling him what lovely people we were. Ha, if only she knew! It is good to pull one out the hat now and then and make people happy. Plus I'll have that gig forever which is fine by me.

Was so bloody nice to be treated like normal and the mother wasn't worried about this Pox or wrapping the kid in cotton wool. Before they walked off thanks profuse, the mother said go and say thank you to the man again which the little one did and the mother said and High 5 so the little one gave me a high 5 as well.

Didn't come across one person that was worried about anything and it was so nice to go back to the world the way it was. It's never easy going back there for me but it was a real nice morning free of Covid Crap and Paranoia.

Of course the reality check came when we went down the road to a restaurant for some lunch and had to do the check-in Bullshit and half the furniture was piled up on the back wall and the waitresses came over with masks and gloves and offering Sanitiser.
    I asked how much was it? She looked and said the sanitiser? I said yes, she said that's free for our guests. I said great, Could I have mine in a tall glass over ice with some Mint and lemon please and don't forget the little Umbrella!

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (31-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

...could've been in jokes, nutters, etc etc etc...

Thanks

Anyone see the footage of the Pregnant woman arrested in her own home Smelboure today for putting a post of facewaste about an anti lockdown protest?
    Bunch of cops handcuffed her and confiscated her laptop and phone.

There has been a lot of conspiracy theroys and warnings about gubbermint control and take over and this sure as shit does nothing to dispel them.
    Unbelievable that 10K Black Bullshit matters terrorists are allowed to march and they were allowed to get away with it by the gubbermint and the cops yet this woman was arrested for making a Faceshit post for incitement which was nothing more than apparently telling people t come to a protest. From what I saw, she wasn't asking for someone to be killed, wasn't trying to incite Violence, terrorism or anything else, just people to protest being looked up like battery Chooks which any person with a modicum of intelligence can see has gone way too far.

These warnings always sound far fetched until after the very things people were warning about have happened. I can well see why the mental health issues are going nuts.

Scomo needs to either distance himself from this by using whatever powers he has to get rid of dictator Andrews and opening all borders or show he is a supporter of this communism it by doing nothing.

• Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast