Page 92 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

national cohesion + Australia = oxymoron ....been like that for years, just look at our rail gauges.

Just regarding Qld, the govt. up here is taking no kudos for doing the right thing -- they're more head over heels thanking the Qld ppl for doing the right thing.

However, it's of course not over yet;

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drought Relief View Post
    Just remember when talking about national cohesion in terms of state border closures. Vic have never closed any border during this pandemic.
    Why WOULD Victoria close it's borders? Their incompetent decisions (like quarantine) have meant they have nothing to protect...

My opinion is, there has never been a national approach. Not even during the first wave. "National cabinet" is just window dressing.
    If you say so...but our results compared to the rest of the world show differently....all states agreed publicly, then some backed away as soon as they had the controls and could terrify the people....ergo, they lied.

You are free to take your hat off to them, but NOT the mask....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    national cohesion + Australia = oxymoron ....been like that for years, just look at our rail gauges.

Just regarding Qld, the govt. up here is taking no kudos for doing the right thing -- they're more head over heels thanking the Qld ppl for doing the right thing.

However, it's of course not over yet;

Without national cohesion and a federation there would be no taxation for QLD....good luck with that. Palawhatevers border policy is about re election by fear, nothing else.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

We can still be a nation if the states do not agree or don't take the same approach around managing the pandemic. They are all guilty of using fear. The PM saying the other day "at times it has felt like Australia could break apart". Is that not laying it on in spades?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

We can still be a nation if the states do not agree or don't take the same approach around managing the pandemic. They are all guilty of using fear. The PM saying the other day "at times it has felt like Australia could break apart". Is that not laying it on in spades?
    Ummmmmm...no, it's stating the obvious...and it's exactly what I am saying.

Thanks

For those wanting to contrast and compare.. this is an interesting article about the Swiss experience. They still have hundreds of cases a day out of a population of around 9 million.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

People must be getting more fed up with this China Flu BS and the fear mongering must be needed to be turned up some more.
    They have been pushing on the news the fact India has had 4M infections and thousands a day of new infections.

Geez, what a Surprise, never would have seen that coming 50 odd pages back! Haven't seen the death toll numbers so I guess they aren't sensational enough to fear monger with.

I wonder if the china flu death toll will be any more than how many die in India of Hygiene and nutritional issues.
    Probably not.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I'm of the opposite view. I'd sack almost every one of them. They have turned what was a superbly handled initial phase of protection into a cheap political stunt fest.

Your state government may be spooked, but it's their own incompetence that has them in that frame of mind. The national cabinet and the federal chief medical officer and team did a first rate job in concocting a strategy that was stunning in it's effectiveness. A plan was devised to 'flatten the curve' and then trace and isolate. All states agreed to this. The results were great IMO.

Then Morrison did what was required and handed the keys of the car to the premiers. This is where the sh!t hit the fan. In my mind they have almost all engaged in cheap political bullsh!t and one upmanship. Like a bunch of adolescents they've turned a national response into a state of origin brawl, ruining the economy in the process.

NSW (and by default the ACT) are the only states that have stuck to the script. Borders mostly open, economy and business mostly active, even after the Covid Princess fiasco. QLD have an imminent election, and premier P-Z (however it's spelled) has used that as the driving force behind the closure. In addition to devistatingthe tourist sector, her government have used the cover of Covid and the fear generated by them, to ram through electoral funding legislation that virtually ensures victory for the ALP. The same thing is in the works in WA. I have some sympathy for the NT as they have the real problem of remote indigenous communities right on their doorstep. Even they have followed the old political axiom of not wasting a good disaster and used covid as an excuse for their already perilous pre covid financial position.

National cohesion has been sacrificed and in my view will never be back. The second biggest economy in the country is Victoria. Their taxes go a long way towards national funding for hospitals and schools etc. If Victoria is ruined, wheres that money going to come from to go to the WA and Qld governments?

Sadly, I don't think this nation will ever recover. You say that you would hate to be the person who has to solve this ...me too. But then again I'm not paid to, and I confess I'd be incapable as well. These people however ARE paid to, and all they've demonstrated to me is that they are self centred, incapable and politically motivated. Business as usual, and f*ck the consequences.

So no, I don't take my hat off to them. Not at all.
    NSW have virtually closed the border with Vic. You need to get permits all the time with the changes they make to the restrictions. PITA. So no state has really followed the script.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    NSW have virtually closed the border with Vic. You need to get permits all the time with the changes they make to the restrictions. PITA. So no state has really followed the script.
    Technically yeah, but that's a bit flimsy and thin isn't it Leroy? It's not the fault of NSW that Victoria turned itself into a temporary leper colony due to gross administrative incompetence.....

And just today I think they caught a couple trying to sneak out, so it's not all administrative.

NSW basically followed the agreed script, kept borders open, initiated effective tracing and isolation, and as a result has the lowest unemployment rate (maybe Tassie does with limited closures, not sure) in the country. The worst is WA then QLD I think.

Not saying it'll stay that way.....

Thanks

Dad listens to John Laws.... but dont hold that against him.

John was just reading a sensationalist piece with all the indignation and holier than thou displeasure he could muster, some pub was caught breaching china flu regulations.
    Inspectors went to the place and found people standing and some " were even dancing"!

I said to Dad, when people standing round in a pub and dancing makes the news, we really need to stop and ask, what the fk is going on and where are we headed?

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

kclar (09-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

corona vaccine has hit a hurdle during testing in uk.

Thanks

Could Not Fking believe it watching the news Tonight.
    Woman who lives in Canberra where they haven't had a China Pox Case for 2 Months was denied an exemption to go to her fathers Funeral In QLD... where they have 20 something Cases atm and was only allowed to got to the Funeral to View the Body AFTER it was finished and then taken back to quarantine.

As if that wasn't incredible enough, they then asked the QLD health minister why she couldn't get an exemption and why Celebs etc were allowed to come in and she flat out said, Because we need their money they bring into the state and then went on to say the qld economy was shit and they needed the $$.. WTF has the states Finances got to do with the HEALTH Minister????

You seriously couldn't make this shit up if you tried!!!

Morrison appealed for Pluckachook to show compassion and she said she wouldn't be Bullied!
    Asking for a woman to be allowed to go to her fathers Funeral was " Bullying"? Fking scrag needs a smack in the back of the head with a shovel!

And of course in something very Unsurprising now, I'm still getting daily emails from QLD tourism encouraging me to come for a Holiday there.
    Right now I wouldn't piss on the north side of the border.
    Be interesting to see if QLD'ers are Brain dead enough to vote the ignorant bitch back in. If they do, they deserve all they get.

I am surprised no one has tried to bump Chairman Andrews off yet but there's still time.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (11-09-20)

Thanks

I think its just a massive media beatup. Just more Labor bashing. People have been prevented from going to funerals all over the country and in all states. I recall one case in rural NSW where people had to stand on the side of the road in order to pay their respects. A life long friend of mine died just over three weeks ago (unrelated to covid), live just over the road but I was prevented from attending the funeral, just had to suck it up and take it. Same with people who are dying in hospital.. friends and family been denied a visit. I personally don't believe their should be a hard limit of going to a funeral provided all the social distancing is enforced but the rules have been the same all over the country.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drought Relief For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (05-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I think its just a massive media beatup. Just more Labor bashing. People have been prevented from going to funerals all over the country and in all states. I recall one case in rural NSW where people had to stand on the side of the road in order to pay their respects. A life long friend of mine died just over three weeks ago (unrelated to covid), live just over the road but I was prevented from attending the funeral, just had to suck it up and take it. Same with people who are dying in hospital.. friends and family been denied a visit. I personally don't believe their should be a hard limit of going to a funeral provided all the social distancing is enforced but the rules have been the same all over the country.

Aaaah, so it's LABOR bashing.....seems we can now see who's politicising the virus.........a bit sensitive to labor are we? Who would have thunk it!

F*ck me, the premiers have ALL done a miserable job in my view....anyway, it is what it is......scare the public and lock'em down....

Thanks

Not Labor or L/NP. My comments are directed at the media. Just saying how I see it. The restrictions have been happening all over the country and people prevented from funerals and loved ones in hospital. The borders have been closed by multiple states but for some reason its Qld that seems to cop it in the media. As for politicising the virus, that started say back when Vic wanted people to only go out for essential goods...
    I don't understand why someone from Canberra who has been virus free can't go to Qld but then I live in a virus free regional area in Vic and can't go up into NSW. It's an issue for NSW as well.
    Last edited by Drought Relief; 10-09-20 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks

A life long friend of mine died just over three weeks ago (unrelated to covid),
    It is very sad when your life long friends go and you were not allowed to say final goodbye. But you can't compare the story - that woman wanted to go to her dad's funeral. Don't you see the difference?
    Even in draconian Victoria close relatives would be allowed.

Also, you are absolutely correct - it is labor bashing. I see labor premiers doing good job pushing entire country into sleeping state. Kill economy, get all money and give them to druggies and turn lights off. Typical labor tactic - spend but do not create and as soon as it becomes apparent to majority of population start jumping up and down screaming "Labor bashing..."

Thanks

Not Labor or L/NP. My comments are directed at the media.
    Actually I am very surprised media start getting more different views to public. Even ABC these days quietly criticizing labor premiers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    It is very sad when your life long friends go and you were not allowed to say final goodbye. ...... - that woman wanted to go to her dad's funeral.
    The young woman was in isolation at the time, why on earth did the family not delay the funeral long enough for her to complete her isolation and attend the funeral with them, once she no longer presented any threat of passing on covid to any attending?
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 10-09-20 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    The young woman was in isolation at the time, why on earth did the family not delay the funeral long enough for her to complete her isolation and attend the funeral with them, once she no longer presented any threat of passing on covid to any attending?
    I do not know the answer and suspect you don't know it either. It could be for religious reasons or else, have no idea.
    She didn't present any threat of passing on Covid. She came from ACT, not having any symptoms, I assume passed Covid test as negative etc. The question is about how heartless QLD premier and her cabinet are. It would only take health officials review to determine no risk to others, but that wasn't done.

Not saying they have a lot of spare time but they have a lot of health workers qualified to make the assessment for compassionate reasons.
    Last edited by fromaron; 11-09-20 at 09:31 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

They are not just heartless....they want to win an election, and that's all they care about...baby dies, funerals...nothing is more important than an election....even accuse the Prime Minister of bullying...P_Z may wear a dress and smile, but she is a hypocritical coward...and so are those that support her.

NO ONE gets in...

UNLESS...you are rich and Lindsay Fox's son, then come right in...

UNLESS...you are rich and a Melbourne real estate magnate who sails up the coast, lies about stopping and disembarking, and has Lyndsay Fox's daughter on board as well, then come right in...

UNLESS...you are rich and named Tom Hanks, then come right in...

UNLESS...you are rich and named the AFL and have many hundreds of people you want to bring, then come right in...

It's a f*cking disgrace....money and power overrides this QLD governments morals....even the medical officer admits it....

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

george65 (12-09-20)

• Page 92 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast