Page 99 of 133 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    I thought we had some gods on here...
    Sorry, I think some of us scared them away.

...but you can try and wait for Trash he has a connection with Satan, which I think would be probably better.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

On November 9, American pharmaceutical firm Pfizer and German biotechnology company BioNTech announced their COVID vaccine was 90 percent effective at preventing the disease.

A week later on Monday, biotechnology firm Moderna claimed its vaccine was 94.5 percent effective.

Both announcements were made in press releases, and the results have not yet been published in peer-reviewed journals, prompting experts to state that any excitement should be tempered with caution.

I'm predicting, We will not see a vaccine in Oz till Mid/Late 2021.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    On November 9, American pharmaceutical firm Pfizer and German biotechnology company BioNTech announced their COVID vaccine was 90 percent effective at preventing the disease.

A week later on Monday, biotechnology firm Moderna claimed its vaccine was 94.5 percent effective.

Both announcements were made in press releases, and the results have not yet been published in peer-reviewed journals, prompting experts to state that any excitement should be tempered with caution.

I'm predicting, We will not see a vaccine in Oz till Mid/Late 2021.
    Each country will have different rules....

I don't really care...even if it gets here I'll probably wait to see if those that take it grow a dick or if they have one, lose it.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-11-20),Johnno (18-11-20),Uncle Fester (18-11-20),wotnot (18-11-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    those that take it grow a dick or if they have one, lose it.
    Hmmm... I can see a market for a drug like that =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (18-11-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

...even if it gets here I'll probably wait to see if those that take it grow a dick or if they have one, lose it.
    As long as the second one doesn't grow on my forehead... no wait maybe it could be an improvement.

Waiting is not a good thing because of mutations, see The more who are getting infected in countries that can't manage Covid, the more mutations are created that could end up here too.
    Evolution will just make it even stronger and we will be always chasing behind trying to keep up with matching vaccines.
    So every effort must be made to avoid such a runaway effect.
    The use of vaccine must not be delayed.

They are fully aware of the different problems and responses to the elderly, who will likely need higher doses and will experience stronger side effects.
    So they will probably have modified versions of the vaccine that will only increase the size of existing dicks.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 18-11-20 at 11:06 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Johnno (18-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    So they will probably have modified versions of the vaccine that will only increase the size of existing dicks.

Any idea when the modified version is available? Just asking for a mate..

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-11-20),enf (18-11-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Any idea when the modified version is available? Just asking for a mate..
    Ummmm..riiiight.......mate can mean lots of things....

NEWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Johnno (18-11-20)

Thanks

Nah, Not like that. LOL.. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Thanks

Heard on 3AW radio that the South Australians are pouring into Victoria, escaping COVID outbreaks & crossing the boarder. / Great!!

Build a WALL, Dan Andrews.
    Last edited by Johnno; 18-11-20 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Evolution will just make it even stronger and we will be always chasing behind trying to keep up with matching vaccines.
    In contrary, viruses become weaker over time, not stronger. Viruses need to survive by keeping the host alive.
    Mutated viruses would require vaccine NRA code slightly changed but vaccine won't require the same study and research done as the original release requires.

I agree though with your statement - we'll be always chasing behind trying to keep up. The same as we do with seasonal flu.
    Once first vaccine is available and big proportion of people who do not care about extra dick get vaccinated, the COVID will be treated the same as the seasonal flu. No panic anymore, no testing done etc.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (20-11-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I see Marshmallow in SA is urging other state premiers not to panic, after WA slammed it's borders shut. What a w@nker...he was one of the first to close the borders before...

I'm telling you guys, our federation is falling apart, and these gutless premiers who spread fear and panic are to blame....

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post

I agree though with your statement - we'll be always chasing behind trying to keep up. The same as we do with seasonal flu.
    Once first vaccine is available and big proportion of people who do not care about extra dick get vaccinated, the COVID will be treated the same as the seasonal flu. No panic anymore, no testing done etc.
    The flu shots have been shown to be from 5% to 40% effective and can be bad for you if repeated more than 5 years (shingles being one) without a break, not to mention weakening your own immune response/system

Its ALL a scam IMHO, what a great little earner for big pharma when everyone on earth is forced to have the covid injection once a year like the flu shot................and yes, your are forced to have a flu shot if you have relatives in a care home.....otherwise they deny visiting your own family

I would love to know who the ppl in AU are who initiated this legislation..........and how they have benefited

Thanks

I never received the flu shot myself - don't believe the shot is effective due to flu virus mutation. Each year we have new strain not known to the vaccine developed the year ago. There is only slight chance the old vaccine will have something in common with the new strain.

That rule of people to have flu shot to be able to visit their relatives in the aged care came to force this year amidst COVID panic if I am not mistaken. This rule doesn't make any sense to me either as we are always told COVID is not flu. What the point of having flu shot to protect against COVID?
    There is a strong fishy smell surrounding all of it.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I see Marshmallow in SA is urging other state premiers not to panic, after WA slammed it's borders shut. What a w@nker...he was one of the first to close the borders before...

I'm telling you guys, our federation is falling apart, and these gutless premiers who spread fear and panic are to blame....
    No. Not gutless at all, but good sensible action on his part, arising from the advice of responsible people in the department of health.

Most people do not realise that emergency ambulance services are already overloaded and working under extreme pressure.

An ambulance, which has transported infectious, heavily hemorrhaging or vomiting patients, has to be withdrawn from service until it is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, before going back into operational use again.

Obese patients cannot be safely lifted/extricated by one ambulance crew (of two) and require others (paramedics and/or fire fighting personnel) for assistance.

Public hospitals have very limited bed capacity with patient transfers (by ambulance) taking place hourly in order to make their limited facilities, including staff, available to treat incoming emergencies.

Monitor emergency service frequencies/websites and you will see what I mean.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (20-11-20),VroomVroom (19-11-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I never received the flu shot myself - don't believe the shot is effective due to flu virus mutation. Each year we have new strain not known to the vaccine developed the year ago. There is only slight chance the old vaccine will have something in common with the new strain.
    For Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine go to the Centers for Disease Control and Infection at h**ps://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/keyfacts.htm

That rule of people to have flu shot to be able to visit their relatives in the aged care came to force this year amidst COVID panic if I am not mistaken. This rule doesn't make any sense to me either as we are always told COVID is not flu. What the point of having flu shot to protect against COVID?
    There is a strong fishy smell surrounding all of it.
    From CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Infection. (h**ps://www.cdc.gov/)

Similarities and Differences between Flu and COVID-19​

What is the difference between Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19?

Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by infection with a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2) and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses.

There are some key differences between flu and COVID-19. COVID-19 seems to spread more easily than flu and causes more serious illnesses in some people. It can also take longer before people show symptoms and people can be contagious for longer. Another important difference is there is a vaccine to protect against flu. There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. More information about differences between flu and COVID-19 is available in the different sections below.

Because some of the symptoms of flu and COVID-19 are similar, it may be hard to tell the difference between them based on symptoms alone, and testing may be needed to help confirm a diagnosis. Flu and COVID-19 share many characteristics, but there are some key differences between the two.

While more is learned every day, there is still a lot that is unknown about COVID-19 and the virus that causes it. This page compares COVID-19 and flu, given the best available information to date.

(I can't get rid of the flippin thumbnail below).
    Attached Images Attached Images

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (19-11-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    No. Not gutless at all, but good sensible action on his part, arising from the advice of responsible people in the department of health.

Most people do not realise that emergency ambulance services are already overloaded and working under extreme pressure.

An ambulance, which has transported infectious, heavily hemorrhaging or vomiting patients, has to be withdrawn from service until it is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, before going back into operational use again.

Obese patients cannot be safely lifted/extricated by one ambulance crew (of two) and require others (paramedics and/or fire fighting personnel) for assistance.

Public hospitals have very limited bed capacity with patient transfers (by ambulance) taking place hourly in order to make their limited facilities, including staff, available to treat incoming emergencies.

Monitor emergency service frequencies/websites and you will see what I mean.
    If the country splits apart, I'm sure you'll feel that it was all worth it.....

Thanks

For Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine go to the Centers for Disease Control and Infection at h**ps://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/keyfacts.htm

From CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Infection. (h**ps://www.cdc.gov/)
    The page just proves the point - every year scientists are guessing what will the new strain look like. Hence is the low effectiveness of new vaccines.

While more is learned every day, there is still a lot that is unknown about COVID-19 and the virus that causes it. This page compares COVID-19 and flu, given the best available information to date.[/I]
    Again, the page says that COVID and flu are two different things and that proves my question - why do you need to have flu shot to protect against COVID?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The page just proves the point - every year scientists are guessing what will the new strain look like. Hence is the low effectiveness of new vaccines.

Again, the page says that COVID and flu are two different things and that proves my question - why do you need to have flu shot to protect against COVID?
    You don't....

And Berijec...li...however it's spelled...in NSW has proved that scaring people to death and shutting borders for a minor outbreak is unnecessary. Marshmallow is discovering that his previous stance was a selfish crock....

Thanks

Thanks

In contrary, viruses become weaker over time, not stronger. Viruses need to survive by keeping the host alive.
    You are making a big mistake by comparing this with a common flu virus.
    Yes a normal virus becomes weaker and next year it is less prevalent.
    Covid-19 not only survived through the Northern hemisphere's summer but the new waves are evidence that it got a lot stronger despite formerly unseen large scale efforts trying to suppress it's propagation.

We have now strains that incubate and can re-infect in as little as 24h !!!
    I even think Darwin would want to climb out of his grave and have a look at this.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 18-11-20 at 08:52 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

tristen (19-11-20)

• Page 99 of 133 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast