Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

At last, a journalist with common sense....

usages.kangaroos.sound

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (15-01-22),fred49au (15-01-22),fromaron (15-01-22),lsemmens (18-01-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    There are many with common sense around but unfortunately too many which are driven by political agenda or personal gain.

Especially with Omicron people should stop be so worried and stop going to hospital every time they sneeze. That will relax pressure to our hospital system and remove the last reason for corrupted by pharmas politicians to feed BS to people.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

A journalist, in the US, looking for another common-sense way to earn a by-line .... it's all hype.

Three or four days before that story appeared in seppoland, same story, different presenter..

How did I find that?... google search string 'let omicron rip' .... the mass media, gotta love it... =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (15-01-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

At least some are not stickting to the prescrjbed narrative.......

usages.kangaroos.sound

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (15-01-22),lsemmens (18-01-22)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Here we go ahead.
    We have almost imminent decision on making booster shot mandatory in order to consider a person fully vaccinated. Also, the fourth shot is suggested after the third one in another three months.

I am not against vaccination just trying to make some sense and apply logic behind this decision which I have trouble finding. Appreciate if anyone with good knowledge explains or objects my thinking below.

The way vaccines work they develop antigens in the vaccinated person which protect the person from getting infected. This antigens are not staying in the body forever and the level drops to almost nothing after 6 months so re-infection can happen.
    The reinfection can happen but vaccine already trained our immune system to recognize the pathogen and will produce T-Cells to fight the bug. Hence vaccinated person will have more chances compare to unvaccinated to sterilize the virus in few days without getting seriously ill. Usually immune system maintains the ability to recognize the virus for years.

Now we have Omicron variant which again considered the game changer. I heard the same last year when Delta started.

Worldwide evidence suggests Omicron doesn't give a damn about people vaccination status and can bypass antigens which we get straight after vaccination. The evidence suggests there is no difference between vaccinated and un-vaccinated rate of infection.

That is what I can't understand - why do we need to make current booster shots mandatory if they do f^@k all?
    They say the booster shot prevents serious outcome - but T-Cells already can do it for us. Why to take another shot of useless medicine which doesn't have years of history and prove of long term safety?

Is it because we signed contract for a lot of doses and now we want to consume it no matter what?
    Or scientists found out that this new MRNA vaccine doesn't train immune system like other vaccines do leaving antigens as the only protection?

I am not trying to persuade people against vaccination - just need to understand the logic behind. If there is no logical explanation I don't want to accept what politicians tell us or forcing scientists to say publicly.

If you have a bit of time watch the video below and read comments people give from all over the world.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

China is such a generous Nation.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Ramping up the fear....along comes flurona, just in time....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

The poms are seeing sense, hopefully our lot will follow......

Guaranteed McGowan won't let go....

usages.kangaroos.sound

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (20-01-22)

Thanks

Add few more to the cohort. They need to use all stock of vaccines purchased by making them mandatory.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Here we go ahead.
    We have almost imminent decision on making booster shot mandatory in order to consider a person fully vaccinated. Also, the fourth shot is suggested after the third one in another three months.

I am not against vaccination just trying to make some sense and apply logic behind this decision which I have trouble finding. Appreciate if anyone with good knowledge explains or objects my thinking below.

The way vaccines work they develop antigens in the vaccinated person which protect the person from getting infected. This antigens are not staying in the body forever and the level drops to almost nothing after 6 months so re-infection can happen.
    The reinfection can happen but vaccine already trained our immune system to recognize the pathogen and will produce T-Cells to fight the bug. Hence vaccinated person will have more chances compare to unvaccinated to sterilize the virus in few days without getting seriously ill. Usually immune system maintains the ability to recognize the virus for years.

Now we have Omicron variant which again considered the game changer. I heard the same last year when Delta started.

Worldwide evidence suggests Omicron doesn't give a damn about people vaccination status and can bypass antigens which we get straight after vaccination. The evidence suggests there is no difference between vaccinated and un-vaccinated rate of infection.

That is what I can't understand - why do we need to make current booster shots mandatory if they do f^@k all?
    They say the booster shot prevents serious outcome - but T-Cells already can do it for us. Why to take another shot of useless medicine which doesn't have years of history and prove of long term safety?

Is it because we signed contract for a lot of doses and now we want to consume it no matter what?
    Or scientists found out that this new MRNA vaccine doesn't train immune system like other vaccines do leaving antigens as the only protection?

I am not trying to persuade people against vaccination - just need to understand the logic behind. If there is no logical explanation I don't want to accept what politicians tell us or forcing scientists to say publicly.

If you have a bit of time watch the video below and read comments people give from all over the world.
    The problem today is that people only get their 'knowledge' from Utube & FB, yet complain about ABC.

Try searching for actual studies for a change:

Last edited by Uncle Fester; 20-01-22 at 10:36 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

wotnot (20-01-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    The problem today is that people only get their 'knowledge' from Utube & FB, yet complain about ABC.
    The problem today is an empty shelf in the supermarket gives rise to panic...especially if it's toilet-paper =)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    The problem today is an empty shelf in the supermarket gives rise to panic...especially if it's toilet-paper =)
    It is not about panic and the TP is stacked to ceiling in my local Aldi.
    The problem is that elsewhere redundancy literally does not exist in this country.
    A few ppl get sick and the whole distribution chain breaks down.

Planing ahead is just not on here.
    First too slow with vaccines and insane delays with approvals. Only allowed AZ for too long(Scomo in bed with CSL), which we all had to take and is now proven totally useless against Omicron.
    Then the RAT disaster, when you think we were ones who actually invented them in 2019 but they were never approved here until recently.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 20-01-22 at 11:42 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks

usages.kangaroos.sound
    I Was right, unfortunately.......

usages.kangaroos.sound

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (21-01-22)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The problem is that elsewhere redundancy literally does not exist in this country.

Planing ahead is just not on here.
    First too slow with vaccines and insane delays with approvals. Only allowed AZ for too long(Scomo in bed with CSL), which we all had to take and is now proven totally useless against Omicron.
    Then the RAT disaster, when you think we were ones who actually invented them in 2019 but they were never approved here until recently.
    Sigh!! The same boring tired rants....can't you imagine something new? Because you DO have a good imagination, that's obvious.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

usages.kangaroos.sound
    Aaaaaaand you were right!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Sigh!! The same boring tired rants....can't you imagine something new? Because you DO have a good imagination, that's obvious.
    Unlike many here I contribute with actual facts:

OK, I mistyped the year last night in haste but we were first, however our Gov did not want to know about them.

And explain to me why it took so long to approve Moderna here?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Unlike many here I contribute with actual facts:

OK, I mistyped the year last night in haste but we were first, however our Gov did not want to know about them.
    These things just don't spring into availability overnight even if your conspiritorial mind thinks they do....ask the TGA and ATAGI, they deal with this sh!t, not the government.

And explain to me why it took so long to approve Moderna here?
    Ask the TGA and ATAGI, they deal with this sh!t, not the government.

I'm sure you think the left would have done a better job. Heres proof....

Premium Member
    Thanks

It is up here mate =) Both the local coles & woolworths stores have been out of TP going on 2weeks now ; my housemate just got home from town, and reports near human stampede conditions outside Aldi's, because they've been out for just as long, but this morning a pallet load of TP turned up, and the natives are more than restless.

Understated -- up here we've got some 3,000 odd health care workers off the job because they test/tested positive ; this is getting up near 40% of the SE Qld health care workforce 'off sick' as it were. It's near on impossible to hold contingency/redundancy, for realities than pan-out 'beyond anyone's control' as it were. I was supposed to have an MRI today ; cancel/postponed for 2months, I'm well used to this now.

The frozen veges section has been empty for just as long, ice cream's getting thin on the shelves. Meat section has become very bare, and the lanes are littered with fully packed pallets here and there...with half their workers off sick, and so they just sit there waiting for someone to unpack them. Depends on where you talk about I guess ~ for me, it was ring up the petrol station in town and get them to put aside a big pack of TP for me till next I got there, and they weren't scalping the price either.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Install a bidet.....

usages.kangaroos.sound

• Page 126 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast