Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1550

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #1361
    Premium Member
    LeroyPatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N.E. Vic
    Posts
    16,085
    Thanks
    3,471
    Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,738 Posts
    Rep Power
    1574
    Reputation
    44251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I know its OFF Topic but Here Goes::::I Say this all the time::::Yes these Stupid people get selected for Jury duty and these idiot are responsible for convicting innocent men like in Pells case
    But Pell isn't innocent
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS



  • #1362
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    66
    Posts
    14,626
    Thanks
    13,182
    Thanked 23,230 Times in 6,682 Posts
    Rep Power
    8836
    Reputation
    409809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    But Pell isn't innocent
    The high court says he was innocent of the crimes for which he was charged.....7-0 as emphatic as it gets, so yes, he IS innocent of those charges.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    Jma (17-05-20),Landytrack (19-05-20),lsemmens (18-05-20),Mr 672A (18-05-20)

  • #1363
    Senior Member
    trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    3,833
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 2,900 Times in 1,301 Posts
    Rep Power
    1101
    Reputation
    41094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    so yes, he IS innocent of those charges.
    That is correct.

    That does not mean that he did not commit such crimes. Just the the standard of our legal system requires a certain burden of proof and the high court has said that they do not think the lower court met that burden of proof.

    You can be a creep. But just because you haven't been caught doesn't make you less of a creep.

    I didn't pay much attention to Pell's appeal. I'm not sure where the case stands legally if they can retry him for the same crimes.
    That is standard double jeopary which would say he is now legally innocent and cannot be retried for those crimes. And despite any actual guilt that should be the case. It ensures the prosecution does it's job properly and learn from it's mistakes.

    I personally feel it is better to set a global precedent and stop treating religions as something special and above the law and treat them for what they, businesses.

    The law applies equally to everybody and religion is no different. They pay tax, they obey the law, they are held accountable for damages.
    The buck stops here. The advantage of commercialising the catholic church is that you slow down all of their criminal activites, not just their amoral ones.
    And with that you also get to tax: muslims, jews, protestants, buddhists, hari christnas and my personal favourite, scientology and other dangerous cults.

    You want to play god, well that shit is going to cost ya!
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

    dashinson (17-05-20),hinekadon (19-05-20)

  • #1364
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    66
    Posts
    14,626
    Thanks
    13,182
    Thanked 23,230 Times in 6,682 Posts
    Rep Power
    8836
    Reputation
    409809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    That is correct.

    That does not mean that he did not commit such crimes. Just the the standard of our legal system requires a certain burden of proof and the high court has said that they do not think the lower court met that burden of proof.

    You can be a creep. But just because you haven't been caught doesn't make you less of a creep.

    I didn't pay much attention to Pell's appeal. I'm not sure where the case stands legally if they can retry him for the same crimes.
    That is standard double jeopary which would say he is now legally innocent and cannot be retried for those crimes. And despite any actual guilt that should be the case. It ensures the prosecution does it's job properly and learn from it's mistakes.

    I personally feel it is better to set a global precedent and stop treating religions as something special and above the law and treat them for what they, businesses.

    The law applies equally to everybody and religion is no different. They pay tax, they obey the law, they are held accountable for damages.
    The buck stops here. The advantage of commercialising the catholic church is that you slow down all of their criminal activites, not just their amoral ones.
    And with that you also get to tax: muslims, jews, protestants, buddhists, hari christnas and my personal favourite, scientology and other dangerous cults.

    You want to play god, well that shit is going to cost ya!
    No arguments at all.....as a card carrying catholic born atheist, I fully concur...

    The charges laid against Pell were absurd based upon the evidence IMO.... the guy could be the creep from hell (if it existed) ... but trying to use him as the scapegoat for the catholic churches institutional failings is equally repugnant to me as someone who believes in fairness for all as an ideal.

    Perhaps we could get people like Pell to wear striped jumpers with a yellow star on them so we can kick'em in the teeth anytime we want...oh wait...that's been done before hasn't it.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • #1365
    Premium Member
    hoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    -30.7719955,121.495211
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,611
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,577 Posts
    Rep Power
    1364
    Reputation
    51248

    Default

    Sitting down in a Cafe for breakfast, Cafe Bella Rosa, Carlisle, perth...

    If you don't have a phone with corona virus app on it, staff will take your name and address and sight your ID before serving you....

    Easier to just download the app I think...



    Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hoe; 18-05-20 at 10:31 AM.



    Finally got FTTN, 710m line length....

  • The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

    Landytrack (18-05-20),ol' boy (18-05-20),Tiny (18-05-20)

  • #1366
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,738
    Thanks
    1,063
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    606
    Reputation
    19225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

    The charges laid against Pell were absurd based upon the evidence IMO....
    But the trouble is 99.9% men charged with the EXACT, EXACT Charges but in a different situations will never get the chance of High Court Appeal where real evidence is used because you need a ocean full of $$$$$$ to get to it.

    (Now back to the topic since I was the one that drifted off)
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • #1367
    Administrator
    mtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    18,233
    Thanks
    5,382
    Thanked 11,964 Times in 5,884 Posts
    Rep Power
    4267
    Reputation
    175599

    Default

    There's a separate thread on Pell. Post there.

    Please keep on topic.

  • The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

    bob_m_54 (18-05-20),Landytrack (19-05-20),Tiny (18-05-20),tristen (18-05-20),wotnot (18-05-20)

  • #1368
    Crazy Diamond
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,168
    Thanks
    10,346
    Thanked 5,047 Times in 2,528 Posts
    Rep Power
    1946
    Reputation
    81277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Sitting down in a Cafe for breakfast, Cafe Bella Rosa, Carlisle, perth...

    If you don't have a phone with corona virus app on it, staff will take your name and address and sight your ID before serving you....

    Easier to just download the app I think...



    Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk
    Went to a rural store to get supplies for horse feed, they took my name & number because they don't trust the app.......
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

  • The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

    enf (18-05-20),Landytrack (18-05-20),ol' boy (18-05-20),wotnot (18-05-20)

  • #1369
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    66
    Posts
    14,626
    Thanks
    13,182
    Thanked 23,230 Times in 6,682 Posts
    Rep Power
    8836
    Reputation
    409809

    Default

    If they want to buy me a new phone, I'll install the app. It just laughs at mine.......
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    Landytrack (18-05-20),wotnot (18-05-20)

  • #1370
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    5,634
    Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,725 Posts
    Rep Power
    1243
    Reputation
    47501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    If they want to buy me a new phone, I'll install the app. It just laughs at mine.......
    Ditto.

    And having a quick (and rare) listen to ABC local radio recently, indicated that 99 per cent of people calling in were in the same boat, as the app is not designed to be backward-compatible. This is a serious oversight on somebody's part.

  • The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

    enf (18-05-20),Landytrack (18-05-20),Tiny (18-05-20),wotnot (18-05-20)

  • #1371
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    870
    Thanked 151 Times in 84 Posts
    Rep Power
    149
    Reputation
    2720

    Default

    Another ditto, my ancient Android will not load or work with current apps. So the tracking app is a waste of time and in any case don't always carry my phone with me.

    Do not see the need to endlessly scroll through faceache pages to see how many likes I have.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to Landytrack For This Useful Post:

    george65 (18-05-20)

  • #1372
    Crazy Diamond
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tasmania
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,168
    Thanks
    10,346
    Thanked 5,047 Times in 2,528 Posts
    Rep Power
    1946
    Reputation
    81277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Ditto.

    And having a quick (and rare) listen to ABC local radio recently, indicated that 99 per cent of people calling in were in the same boat, as the app is not designed to be backward-compatible. This is a serious oversight on somebody's part.
    I thought it may have been due to Bluetooth version, however my S3 has version V4.0 & the latest phones only have V5, which doesn't add much, so I don't think V4 would inhibit the app working as far as I can see. I'm no BT expert though.

    So it must only be about Android software version. Which boils down to software developers working hand in hand with phone makers to ensure that people that want to run the latest apps need the latest phone.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

  • The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

    Jma (18-05-20)

  • #1373
    Senior Member
    bob_m_54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    1,837
    Thanks
    855
    Thanked 914 Times in 569 Posts
    Rep Power
    485
    Reputation
    15438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Went to a rural store to get supplies for horse feed, they took my name & number because they don't trust the app.......
    They still don't trust colour TV down there do they? LOL

  • The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

    hinekadon (19-05-20)

  • #1374
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,780
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 1,552 Times in 728 Posts
    Rep Power
    697
    Reputation
    30614

    Default

    The gubbermint can stick their " App" fair up their collective arses far as I'm concerned.

    I believe any business taking someones personal details is required to have a privacy Policy available to be sighted. Policy or not, I'll find somewhere else to go rather than give my details that could be used for Identity fraud to any waiter/ waitress/ Restaurant.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

    Jma (18-05-20),Landytrack (19-05-20)

  • #1375
    Premium Member
    wotnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    781
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 535 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    249
    Reputation
    10710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I thought it may have been due to Bluetooth version, however my S3 has version V4.0 & the latest phones only have V5, which doesn't add much, so I don't think V4 would inhibit the app working as far as I can see. I'm no BT expert though.

    So it must only be about Android software version. Which boils down to software developers working hand in hand with phone makers to ensure that people that want to run the latest apps need the latest phone.
    You can do some reading on that if you wish... search 'bluez' versus 'bluedroid' stacks ...that'll give you the actual delimiting story =)

  • #1376
    Senior Member
    trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    3,833
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 2,900 Times in 1,301 Posts
    Rep Power
    1101
    Reputation
    41094

    Default

    The funny one I heard suggested was that all Australians need is just a little bit of incentive to download the app.

    This was my favourite.
    All members of federal parliament Senate and Reps agree to be on a list.
    The people who have the app on their phone for a month go into the draw to pick a politician from list and they get publicly dunked in (their choice) a pool of ice water or warm mud.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

    lsemmens (19-05-20)

  • #1377
    Premium Member
    wotnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    781
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 535 Times in 330 Posts
    Rep Power
    249
    Reputation
    10710

    Default

    The app is only useful, if a person tests positive (and that's supposing the app works as described)...so how are we going on that front..



    Hmmm... so roughly 8% of the Australian population tested ... so for the currently untested 22million aussies, the app is of no use what-so-ever. No wonder I don't vote for these morons =)

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

    alpha0ne (19-05-20),Landytrack (19-05-20)

  • #1378
    LSemmens
    lsemmens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rural South OZ
    Posts
    8,971
    Thanks
    8,934
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 2,702 Posts
    Rep Power
    2484
    Reputation
    104060

    Default

    And Taswegia was stroppy because the Western States did not want them in their "safe" zone!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

  • #1379
    Junior Member hca's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 85 Times in 44 Posts
    Rep Power
    139
    Reputation
    1728

    Default

    Hey these guys are founding members of 5 eyes, same for the echelon network, they were bragging they were bringing down Islamic state in Syria's facebook and twitter with some "signals directorate", actively blocked internet access to the video from that guy who shot up Christchurch. They have rooms of cops actively tracking and intercepting pedos and kidde porn people etc.

    They will be right in there with the Edward Snowdon revelations, and access to it all, although I am not sure he would have bothered mentioned them.

    Probably the same reason they and the Brits are letting Julian Assange rot in jail with out lifting a finger to help him before the Yanks get him.

    A couple of months ago a guy went missing in Wonangatta in Gippland near where i came from, and the cops investigating the case have his exact movement that day from phone records.

    Put a squid proxy server and some scripts on an open wifi and you can own all the local mobiles in a week and have a hell of a lot of fun doing it. Seems no body can resist an open internet connection with free access. Whats not possible for big brother.

    Theres no doubt about their capabilities with these devices, but now they expect you to "trust" them with an app in your phone. Better they spend their time and money with testing the population than on app. I agree with using every means to deal with the virus, but not if it means trusting them.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

    Landytrack (19-05-20)

  • #1380
    Premium Member
    ol' boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,662
    Thanks
    8,131
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 5,193 Posts
    Rep Power
    4423
    Reputation
    184132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Sitting down in a Cafe for breakfast, Cafe Bella Rosa, Carlisle, perth...

    If you don't have a phone with corona virus app on it, staff will take your name and address and sight your ID before serving you....

    Easier to just download the app I think...



    Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

    That is interesting, as i remember Scomo publicly announcing anyone found using the COVIDSafe App in this manner would be prosecuted
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

  • The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

    Landytrack (19-05-20)

  • Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •