Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks

I don't follow politics of the news media, but had me intrgued and makes me wonder about the federal agencies
    It will create some to panic here in town

Thanks

Another reason as to why Sydney Cases have blown out.. NSW health are either swamped with cases and cant follow them all up or are just struggling.. My son's childcare has had a confirmed case...( Last Friday) We parents where told midnight Sunday night, Woke up to message on phone saying centre closed due to possible exposure, Tuesday centre confirms exposure and asks everyone to get tested and any one that attended the centre is considered casual contacts, with more information to come. ( Still No formal notification from NSW health ) Get tested all good..
    Get another message late Tuesday avo saying all children at the centre are now considered close contacts and need to isolate for 14 days. so here's the rub. is now Thursday and STILL no formal contact or advise from NSW health apart from the childcare centre providing what they can.

Parents still going to work Monday / Tuesday. If infected from kid.. possible spread... some parents going not official from NSW so meh, still going to work even after being told 2nd hand ( childcare ) that there kid needs to Isolate.

Just too many holes for people to wiggle thru and help the spread.. I'm at home with my Kid even tho i'm a essential worker, Now looking at call boss to let him know im out for another week.. Yay.

Anyone got ideas on how to Avoid the Job list from the wife?

• The Following User Says Thank You to snacker For This Useful Post:

shred (23-08-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snacker View Post
    Anyone got ideas on how to Avoid the Job list from the wife?
    You're stuffed bud..

I'm outside painting the bay windows and it’s been raining for days now and my Wife seems very depressed by watching me paint in bad weather.

If I keep standing by the window, staring in with that puppy look. If I continue, she's going to have to let me in. lol

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

enf (19-08-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    You're stuffed bud..

I'm outside painting the bay windows and it’s been raining for days now and my Wife seems very depressed by watching me paint in bad weather.

If I keep standing by the window, staring in with that puppy look. If I continue, she's going to have to let me in. lol
    You wish! If a dog goes out in the rain, would you let him back inside? I rest my case...................................:LOL:
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

@Johnno, Bugger thought it would be a dead end argument... well since i am in iso, i cant go to Bunnings to get the bits i need for some of the jobs. So thats a small win...

Stay safe all...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Far out. Just depressing listening to the numbers today and many out in the wild in Melb. I hope they don't find more in Shepparton otherwise country Vic will go back into lockdown.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,916 Posts

Part 2
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

You can pretty much guarantee all of VIC will be locked down again some time tomorrow (Sat).

12 Cases now (and counting) in Shepparton, one of which visited Bendigo whilst infectious.

EDII: Now 17 cases.
    Last edited by mtv; 21-08-21 at 01:41 AM. Reason: updated figures

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    12 Cases now (and counting) in Shepparton, one of which visited Bendigo whilst infectious.

EDII: Now 17 cases.
    We need to stop counting cases and focus on hospitalization vs ICU vs tragic death caused by covid. It is important to provide people general health background and underlying health problems which contributed to the serious illness.

Giving just case numbers is an old story when all states tried to achieve Zero cases. I think today everyone realized Zero is not achievable and as such the information provided should also change.
    Real world data shows vaccination rates reduce hospitalization rates and that is what people need to focus on.

Australia was always considered as the golden standard fighting against Covid and not sure if this will cause bigger problem in the future. We have very low number of people who actually had covid and now we are relying on high vaccination rate more than on anything else.

Real world data shows that people who had covid have much stronger immune response to new variants and it lasts much longer when compared with immune response triggered by vaccination and there is pretty good scientific information supporting that. That means Australia will have to count on not only high rate of vaccination but also will have to run high rate of booster shots for long time to come.

Also, the motion to vaccinate young children might not have enough justification. I am not saying people should not be vaccinated but we should be careful who do we want to vaccinate.
    Simple example, again coming from world real data, shows that healthy kids from 2 - 7 years have 0.3 chance per million to have serious covid complication and vaccinate all with lets say pheizer with 50 chances per million to give serious problem to kids that age sounds unwise and dangerous.

Again, I am not anti vaxer - just want to point out that covid normal doesn't have to start at 80% vaccinated population. It can be achieved earlier if vulnerable categories of people identified and vaccinated ASAP.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (21-08-21)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    We need to stop counting cases and focus on hospitalization vs ICU vs tragic death caused by covid.
    Well, the figures are directly related.

If people did the right thing and minimised the transmission to others, there'd be less cases, less hospitalisation and less deaths.

Like the idiots protesting in Melbourne and Brisbane today.

All they will achieve is likely spreading the virus, placing themselves, the police, friends, relatives and complete strangers at risk... and.. extending lockdowns even further.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (22-08-21),Uncle Fester (22-08-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    We need to stop counting cases and focus on hospitalization vs ICU vs tragic death caused by covid. It is important to provide people general health background and underlying health problems which contributed to the serious illness.

Giving just case numbers is an old story when all states tried to achieve Zero cases. I think today everyone realized Zero is not achievable and as such the information provided should also change.
    Real world data shows vaccination rates reduce hospitalization rates and that is what people need to focus on.

Australia was always considered as the golden standard fighting against Covid and not sure if this will cause bigger problem in the future. We have very low number of people who actually had covid and now we are relying on high vaccination rate more than on anything else.

Real world data shows that people who had covid have much stronger immune response to new variants and it lasts much longer when compared with immune response triggered by vaccination and there is pretty good scientific information supporting that. That means Australia will have to count on not only high rate of vaccination but also will have to run high rate of booster shots for long time to come.

Also, the motion to vaccinate young children might not have enough justification. I am not saying people should not be vaccinated but we should be careful who do we want to vaccinate.
    Simple example, again coming from world real data, shows that healthy kids from 2 - 7 years have 0.3 chance per million to have serious covid complication and vaccinate all with lets say pheizer with 50 chances per million to give serious problem to kids that age sounds unwise and dangerous.

Again, I am not anti vaxer - just want to point out that covid normal doesn't have to start at 80% vaccinated population. It can be achieved earlier if vulnerable categories of people identified and vaccinated ASAP.
    I agree wholeheartedly.... but it just doesn't compute to our governing elite....it's too hard...for them fear sells, because it's simple, not having to convey truth or logic. And it's the population at large that has to realise that. My second jab is next week. Can't wait.

"Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded."
    ..................... F.A. Hayek
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

All they will achieve is likely spreading the virus, placing themselves, the police, friends, relatives and complete strangers at risk... and.. extending lockdowns even further.
    The organisers actual real ideal outcome.
    Just use renta crowd to do it for you.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

enf (22-08-21),Landytrack (22-08-21)

Thanks

Like the idiots protesting in Melbourne and Brisbane today.
    They are maybe idiots or anti social elements and should be all jailed for expressing their desire to have freedom at the cost of others you might argue.
    I say they are no more idiots or criminals than our governments are - just on another side of barricade. Both sides have no idea how to get rid of the virus with least damage.

My post is about looking at the problem without sticking to the old approach when we knew nothing about the virus. Today we have world data and a lot of examples showing what works and what doesn't.
    I say lockdowns do not work anymore because people are sick and tired listening to government plans of returning back to normal for the last 18 months. Melbourne has been in harsh lockdowns for more than 200 days and I can tell you people are in a very bad mental state. Society is divided and the division growth deeper every day. "We are all in this together" is a joke irrelevant of what people think about it. Those plans are not working and in this situation only focused strategy on the problem area can give good result without ruining people lives.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (22-08-21)

Thanks

Well, the figures are directly related.
    I am not arguing about this. They are directly related. As vaccination rates are increasing, the relationship will change.
    Vaccinated people still going to get infected and become ill but hopefully without need of hospitalization.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Hopefully all the idiots "protesting" are ignored in "protest" when they present with the symptoms. Lock 'em up in quarantine with their protester mates and let nature take its course. Sorry, whether you believe that this in issue for you or not, you do have a responsibility to those who might be at risk if they caught it. What if your loved one caught some serious disease (not only COVID) because a person did not believe in said disease?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Listening to the news today it seems if you play football you have a better chance than an ordinary citizen getting into WA. Footballers must have special covid repelling powers. I'll laugh so hard if WA gets the grand final and someone brings covid into the state and it gets away.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    ......................... Footballers must have special covid repelling powers.
    Yes, they do. It's called MONEY. The same magic stuff that various millionaires and luminaries have used to buy their way in all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I'll laugh so hard if WA gets the grand final and someone brings covid into the state and it gets away.
    As much as I think McGowan is a coward and a traitor (I feel the same about most of them), I wouldn't wish this thing on anyone.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Up here in Qld, the powers-that-be have basically conceded they won't stop it entering this state, and so they're just hoping that enough people are vaccinated before ccp-delta rolls on through ; they're keeping the border restrictions up, just to buy time so as many can be vaccinated as possible.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (24-08-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Even Bill Shorten conceded today that zero cases is impossible.......

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

wotnot (24-08-21)

• Page 114 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1464104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124 ... LastLast