Page 103 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kclar View Post

The effects are well documented.
    An inconvenient truth for our tech centered world.

"Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) is a claimed sensitivity to , to which negative symptoms are attributed. EHS has no scientific basis and is not a recognised . Claims are characterized by a "variety of non-specific symptoms, which afflicted individuals attribute to exposure to ". -->>

"The scientific evidence does not establish that EHS symptoms are caused by exposure to low-level electromagnetic fields."

https://www.arpansa.gov.au/understanding-radiation/radiation-sources/more-radiation-sources/electromagnetic-hypersensitivity

...I can keep going for a while =)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (19-12-20),Onefella (19-12-20),Tiny (20-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    "Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) is a claimed sensitivity to , to which negative symptoms are attributed. EHS has no scientific basis and is not a recognised . Claims are characterized by a "variety of non-specific symptoms, which afflicted individuals attribute to exposure to ". -->>

"The scientific evidence does not establish that EHS symptoms are caused by exposure to low-level electromagnetic fields."

https://www.arpansa.gov.au/understanding-radiation/radiation-sources/more-radiation-sources/electromagnetic-hypersensitivity

...I can keep going for a while =)
    Tell that to all the sick cruise ship passengers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Tell that to all the sick cruise ship passengers.
    But they were also, all in close proximity to salt sea air too.. Maybe that is the cause. And when you think about it, the greater percentage of cases, in our country at least, have been in regions closer to the coast, and not so many in the outback.. That seems to support that point of view doesn't it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Its either the cruise ships or the testing method.
    Or the high numbers of people jammed in a tin can, sneezing and coughing on each other and all over common contact areas.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (19-12-20),Onefella (19-12-20),Tiny (20-12-20),tristen (20-12-20),wotnot (19-12-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Trump FANS, followers or fanatics have now everything to do with this, they technically don't even need Trump any more.

You must have missed the countless interviews where they claim COVID is only a conspiracy created by the Democrats and I assure you I could create a video with my 'technical background' so convincing that they would be attracted to it like flies to a well hung T-bone steak lying out in the sun the whole day.
    And all the democrat fans are sane....FFS Fester, does your irrational hatred know no bounds?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    And all the democrat fans are sane....FFS Fester, does your irrational hatred know no bounds?
    What on earth is wrong with you?
    Are you a Trump fanboy? Did I hurt your feelings?

..but yes, currently the democrats show at least some signs of sanity compared to that crazy crowd.

Edit:
    From the top some republicans have dared to admit that Biden won and Pence already took the Covid vaccine publicly to show it is safe.
    So there is some hope for sanity on that side too but I am not sure how the fans, fanatics and proud boys will take this.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 19-12-20 at 10:00 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

As for some other posts here, my comment about 5G radiation was a joke!
    Sorry if some ppl didn't get it.

Back to Covid:
    I am sick of hearing Scomo praising NSW as "gold standard" The numerous stuff ups lately prove otherwise and the solutions look like more stuff ups.
    There seems to be not one person up there with a brain.
    Why the f... are we waiting another 3 months to start vaccinating when other countries are already doing it?

All we have to do is vaccinate aircraft crew and associated personal including quarantine staff NOW, problem solved.
    Overseas carriers can only land here if the crew has vaccination certificates too of course.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

A lot of "could" but not a lot of "will" If this were such an issue, perhaps those who isplay such "sensitivity" could go and live under a rock in the middle of the Tanami. Very little 3G, 4G, 5G any number you like G, exposure out there. They'd better not like their cars, TVs, Fridges or anything else powered by electrickery either because that does produce EM radiation.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Onefella (19-12-20)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Keep to the topic please.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Jeez mate, you really don't have ANY critical thinking skills do you? The abstract you linked to, is so far from a real scientific paper it's not funny. The whole abstract is just supposition. There is no actual study cited or referenced. The whole article is a hypothesis. You might remember from high-school science, that a hypothesis is the FIRST step in a 6-7 step process called the SCIENTIFIC METHOD.

kclar, you're really setting yourself up for a massive fall, posting these crackpot conspiracy theories on a technology forum where most of the members are fairly well educated, and nearly all have at least a passing interest in real science, if not being actual scientists themselves.

Unfortunately the trend for the tinfoil-hat brigade is the more they are shown to be wrong, the more they dig their heels in and insist they're right. IMO it's turning out to be the biggest existential crisis of our time.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (20-12-20),Johnno (21-12-20),Landytrack (19-12-20),Tiny (20-12-20),tristen (20-12-20),Uncle Fester (20-12-20),wotnot (19-12-20)

Thanks

Don't worry guys, when 6G network is commercially available it will revert virus mutation and will negate requirements for any future vaccinations.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (19-12-20),hinekadon (20-12-20),Landytrack (19-12-20),Onefella (19-12-20),wotnot (19-12-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    The whole article is a hypothesis. You might remember from high-school science, that a hypothesis is the FIRST step in a 6-7 step process called the SCIENTIFIC METHOD.
    I think they've stopped teaching this, and to be real, this was something I was taught in the last 2 years of primary school... over 50 years ago.

Too many folks ...not unlike kclar here ... use the mass media method, wherein they'll just believe what's proffered to them, without question. Fortunately, I'd never heard of 'EHS' and as such, and knew nothing about it, but reading that article was clearly journalistic endeavor after the first para, and so I had to go out and do spontaneous research for some non-journalistic content related to EHS, only to find nothing =)

So I should thank kclar for their post ; I'm wiser than I was before, but it has aught to do with covid19, and you only need to view those cruise liners as being floating petri dishes of humankind, in a very high relative population density environment. No 'rocket science' required (nor anything like EHS)

IMO it's turning out to be the biggest existential crisis of our time.
    I'm not sure if covid19 itself will prove to be that, but the fact it came into existence at all and manged to disseminate itself so far, so quickly, is the real existential red-flag going up -- we can debate many facets of covid19, but clearly humankind wasn't really prepared for the advent of another virulent, influenza pandemic. Ergo, if that were true, it doesn't really matter where it started, if it came into being because of natural occurrence or not -- anything like this can (and probably will) happen again in the future -- problem is these things are hard to foresee ; it was a mutated influenza virus *this* time ; by no means is influenza the only threat going forward.

Hepatitis for example, keeps evolving -- we now have hepatitis types A,B,C,D,E and just within hepatitis C there are 7 different genomes...each requiring a different treatment, and it took 35years to create a cure for all 7 genome types. These potentially threatening virus' are many & various, and they are all evolving ; the more people, the bigger their evolutionary playground.

The global population of humankind keeps rising, eventually we will reach plague proportions, and then what do we do? Organize a cull?

I think the biggest existential crisis/threat to humankind, is humanity itself -- covid19 was just a tracer shot

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (19-12-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I think they've stopped teaching this, and to be real, this was something I was taught in the last 2 years of primary school... over 50 years ago.
    Just checked with my middle-school science-teacher wife, and yes, the scientific method is taught currently, and is in the Australian curriculum.

I'm not sure if covid19 itself will prove to be that,
    Sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant the current pandemic of bad information that is producing generations of the poorly informed. The existential crisis is the millions of people laying awake at night worrying about things that aren't true, and ignoring things that are true, and probably should be worried about.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

enf (20-12-20),Tiny (20-12-20),tristen (20-12-20),Uncle Fester (20-12-20),wotnot (19-12-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Anyone live on the northern beaches of Sydney?
    My brother does & is now in lockdown.

This covid crap just hit the fan again. Hope they get it under control.

Northern Beaches residents urged not to panic buy as shelves stripped

There have been another 30 cases of coronavirus in NSW and restrictions reintroduced for Greater Sydney, leaving Christmas plans for millions of people in limbo.
    NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said 28 of those cases were already linked to the Avalon cluster.
    "We have not seen evidence of massive seeding outside of the northern Beaches community," she said.
    Last edited by Tiny; 20-12-20 at 12:15 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    This covid crap just hit the fan again. Hope they get it under control.
    It will be happening all the time while people come back from O/S during pandemic around the globe as people nature is to be complacent after awhile.
    No doubt Sydney coping lots of returning travelers is hit again. They had this before and I wish the system can quickly take control of it.

I am waiting for similar situation to happen in Melbourne, surely do not want to see it but being realistic I won't be surprised when it happens.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (20-12-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

This won't go away and anyone that thinks it will is just dumb. There will always be people/goods arriving from the netherworld and infection WILL reoccur...the current jab apparently doesn't prevent transmission.

Look at Britain, by all reports they have a new strain that is super contagious, although no more deadly...that's what I read anyway. On the other hand it seems to me that "more contagious" is effectively the same thing as more deadly.

Here....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Here....

Yikes! Looks like the UK is really copping it in the neck! Makes our little 'outbreaks' seem like small potatoes.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

Johnno (21-12-20),Tiny (21-12-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yikes! Looks like the UK is really copping it in the neck! Makes our little 'outbreaks' seem like small potatoes.
    In perspective, they ARE mate.......

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

oh yippee vic border controls on the vic/nsw border......I thought at least we don't have to worry about getting a permit and can use our drivers licence for ID but then a mate pointed out we will get people manning the check points again that aren't local and won't know where all the pissant towns are around here so will take twice as long to get through while the army/police work out where you live. QR code is more effective.

back to wearing masks at work effective immediately....It's been great to be able to breath again. Now throw in some hot weather too and it's gonna be real fun now!

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

enf (20-12-20)

Thanks

Jeez mate, you really don't have ANY critical thinking skills do you? The abstract you linked to, is so far from a real scientific paper it's not funny. The whole abstract is just supposition. There is no actual study cited or referenced. The whole article is a hypothesis. You might remember from high-school science, that a hypothesis is the FIRST step in a 6-7 step process called the SCIENTIFIC METHOD.

kclar, you're really setting yourself up for a massive fall, posting these crackpot conspiracy theories on a technology forum where most of the members are fairly well educated, and nearly all have at least a passing interest in real science, if not being actual scientists themselves.

Unfortunately the trend for the tinfoil-hat brigade is the more they are shown to be wrong, the more they dig their heels in and insist they're right. IMO it's turning out to be the biggest existential crisis of our time.

Critical Thinking skills are on here.
    Once you realize that the modern medical system is a mafia then the endless diseases makes much more sense.

• Page 103 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast