Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I feel for you Godz. Too many people think that owning a business is a license to print money. They don't realise the stress and heartache that goes into it, especially when you have a reasonable sized workforce. It's stressful enough when times are good, now, it's a whole 'nother ballgame. It's not only you who is up against the wall but thousands of others too. I agree we could be in for another Depression. How that will work out given the lack of expertise and space for growing your own food that many in the big cities will struggle with.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (07-08-20)

Thanks

As global figures show there no real controlling it, the expeanding financial damage will be far worse than most imagine, we are seeing social issues everywhere. As things get worse it will get rougher, as in dog eat dog.

That's begun, just look at the state boarders, look at the reaction of those who flout the restrictions and the reaction to them. I suspect letting in the 90s onward reffos and the like since than will come back to haunt us. I don't see mixed culture races that are not homogenised, under survival stress being so good.

• The Following User Says Thank You to hca For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

as I mentioned a few days ago, the Vic Gov should have just kept it's stage 3 course and just tightened things up. For example put gps tracking anklets on people that are not home when supposed to be in isolation with big fines. Yes it was going to take 6mths but I don't think this stage 4 is going to be worth the ramifications such as businesses closing, people loosing their livelihoods, having to sell their homes, topping themselves. The Gov is trading one lot of lives that will die for another group.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 06-08-20 at 03:45 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

george65 (06-08-20),Godzilla (06-08-20),VroomVroom (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Victoria has recorded 471 new cases of coronavirus as Melbourne suffers its fourth day of stage-four lockdown and 8 deaths.
    Last edited by Johnno; 06-08-20 at 02:00 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

wotnot (06-08-20)

Thanks

end of 2021 for a vaccine, another season of putting up with it.....doesn't sound very hopeful

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post

end of 2021 for a vaccine, another season of putting up with it.....doesn't sound very hopeful
    I think the vaccine talk is just a placebo to give people something to look forward to and take away the fear that all this has created. The reality is they would be dead lucky to come up with anything in 5 years.

They hydroxyquinnine or whatever the hell it is called HAS had great results but because there is no money in it, they will never admit it has any positive effect at all.

If a Vaccine does come out, can you imagine the price? Be lucky if it is " Only" $1000 a shot.

There is an untold fortune to be made with this and the vested interests know it damn well.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

kclar (06-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

They hydroxyquinnine or whatever the hell it is called HAS had great results but because there is no money in it,..........................................
    Banned in Victoria just because Trump likes it......Trump Derangement Syndrome at it's pathetic finest.

I dunno if the sh!t works, and I don't care. But as democracy is eroded in Victoria, these sorts of politically based decisions are possibly killing people.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (07-08-20),george65 (07-08-20)

Thanks

They hydroxyquinnine or whatever the hell it is called HAS had great results but because there is no money in it, they will never admit it has any positive effect at all.
    it's a case of it doesn't work

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

tristen (07-08-20),Uncle Fester (07-08-20),wotnot (07-08-20)

Thanks

I think the vaccine talk is just a placebo to give people something to look forward to and take away the fear that all this has created.
    I do believe it is true. Some sort of vaccine will be commercially available from the beginning of next year. How effective or what damage to other human systems the vaccine will deliver - the time will tell.
    If people have a little bit of trust left towards WHO then the vaccine testing is full steam ahead around the globe. Download registered with WHO vaccines currently under test and see for yourself.

Also, I believe Russia didn't register anything with WHO and they are entering the stage 3 of testing. Commercial production will be starting next month reaching few million of doses per month.

Again, the time will tell but previous medical history doesn't play in favour of the first rushed in vaccinations.

Thanks

Hehe... I was only having a laugh in a previous post about using a 3D printer --- Some dickheads in NSW were busted using 3D printers to make Guns... LOL

Last edited by Johnno; 07-08-20 at 10:02 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

If anyone scores any, tell us how you go....idiots, where on earth did anyone get the notion this was a possible cure?...oh, a politician...

...and some bloke wandered in here, talking about this (or whatever it's called, as they put it)...

....right, real information...NOT... and I thought this was a technical forum? =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (07-08-20)

Thanks

This just appeared on some media sites...

Last edited by Johnno; 07-08-20 at 11:06 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

wotnot (07-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Hahaha, exactly what I mean... it's like a real time test of the weaponization of FB amidst billions of idiots ; just add bullshit

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (07-08-20),Uncle Fester (07-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post

If anyone scores any, tell us how you go....idiots, where on earth did anyone get the notion this was a possible cure?...oh, a politician...
    Is this willful ignorance or just following in the herd with a hefty dose of TDS added to the mix ??

The ONLY reason hydroxy.... is in the news is because doctors around the world see it as a possible preventative to the china flu and other similar ailments.............no one has ever said it was a cure

The ONLY reason hydro... is being demonized........and I mean that literally, is due to the fact some fat golden haired fooker who the msm hate made it known he is taking it on the advice of his personal vet (along with countless others who have access to hydro), he has NEVER said it was a cure

I really hope a price will be paid by the elite ( as if ) who are actively fermenting sedition/treason/revolution because their favorite criminal didn't win the election, and that is the ONLY reason hydro is being denied/demonized by the insane msm

Its the msm with a hefty dose of ignorance and miss-information that is adding to the toll............not some ignorant fat fooker they elected in what was once a great country

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

kclar (07-08-20)

Thanks

Hydroxychloroquine may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

• headache.
    • dizziness.
    • loss of appetite.
    • nausea.
    • diarrhea.
    • stomach pain.
    • vomiting.
    • rash.

Yeah, Makes me laugh. If that's ALL the side effects the shit I'm taking now had, I'd be laughing! I don't think I have had a drug in the last 10 years that didn't have all of that listed and a heap more! If that's all they list, seems the stuff it pretty tame to me.

Lets have a look at one I am on..... This is for Cholesterol....

• headache,
    • nausea,
    • diarrhea,
    • dizziness,
    • depression,
    • memory problems,
    • numbness or tingly feeling,
    • trouble having an erection,
    • sleep problems (insomnia), or
    • cold symptoms (, , ).

How about one for my Diabetes.....

SIDE EFFECTS: , stomach upset or may occur as your body adjusts to the medication. If any of these effects continue or become bothersome, inform your doctor. Notify your doctor if you develop a skin , , or bleeding, , , trembling or while taking this medication. This medication may cause () which manifests as , weakness, drowsiness, , , nervousness, shaking, tingling of the hands or , hunger, fast heartbeat.

Anyone that thinks that any drug does not have side effects is an ignorant fool.

Here's a good one...

Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
    Stop using xxxx and call your doctor at once if you have:

• ringing in your ears, confusion, hallucinations, rapid breathing, seizure (convulsions);
    • severe nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;
    • bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
    • fever lasting longer than 3 days; or
    • swelling, or pain lasting longer than 10 days.

Common side effects may include:

• upset stomach, heartburn;
    • drowsiness; or
    • mild headache.

That's for Asprin. Now tell me all about how bad the Hydroxy is.....

Hydroxychloroquine has been used for years treating malaria and it's fine. No panicking health warnings.
    Trump says it might be effective against china flu after being advised by health experts and suddenly he's playing Doctor and it ls the most deadly shit on earth that will kill you by looking at it. Fking typical.

And of course it's generally spin doctored by the slight of hand in word twisting like saying " It's Misuse may Cause..." Misusing Asprin can kill you and cause a lot of other issues as well as can any drug but that's the first thing some bedwetters want to read and go into a panic about to justify their political paranoia on this. If you can take it for one thing without problems, why can't you take it for something else existing conditions excepted. Seems to me if you didn't have malaria the worst it could do is the same side effects, if any, or do nothing at all. Compared to what I'm on now, I'd be a lot better off taking that than what I do.

This seems to sum up the situation with it:

The thing is now there will be no real way for anyone not able to do a research study to make a decision as to it's viability because politics and the media have muddied the waters so much that even if a single dose cured cancer, they wouldn't let anything useful be connected to Trump and if he said it had been found to be effective they would still rubbish it even if it had a 110% Cure rate. As said, more interested in the political Narrative than peoples Lives these days.
    As so many university's and research house are so politicised these days, the chance of it getting FAIR and impartial trials are near zero.

It well may be it doesn't work but how can anyone have confidence in that? I'll bet my arse when a rushed Vaccine comes out it will touted as the saviour of man kind, no one in the media will question it no matter what the side effects and any problems with it will be buried under the table and denied. It's all about the Profits, narrative and politics these days and bugger the actual facts.

If I got the pox I'd be screaming for the Hydroxy. Seems the potential benefit would far outweigh the Minimal risk to me. If it's good enough to give to someone with malaria, I'd certainly be prepared to give it a run and I'd be begging for it on the off chance it may help. Clearly nothing to loose with it and it's not like I'd have to take it for 20 years like the shit I'm on now.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

kclar (07-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Victoria has recorded 471 new cases of coronavirus as Melbourne suffers its fourth day of stage-four lockdown and 8 deaths.
    But its a totally meaningless number unless they tell us how many ppl were tested...............and how many false positives are we looking at..............ohhhh wait..............that would be honest reporting............go to jail, do not pass go

Thanks

Victoria has recorded 450 new coronavirus cases and 11 deaths..
    Last edited by Johnno; 07-08-20 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks

Victoria has recorded 450 new coronavirus cases and 11 deaths..
    Perhaps the important and obtainable number is how many have ended up in hospital rather than getting over it at home like any other Cold?

Thanks

Go ahead, Google it --- I'm only posting what I want..

Here ya go.... browse this link.

Last edited by Johnno; 07-08-20 at 05:47 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Who would willingly risk going to Victoria right now to test the claim that the stats are all BS? I feel for those who live in Victoria and those in other "affected" areas. Unless I was able to provide valid support, I'm not putting my hand up! Until it is shown unequivocally to be no worse than Influenza, we may still need to err on the side of caution and LISTEN to those who KNOW what they are talking about. THAT MEANS, those in charge of the Medical response and (dare I say it... oh shit! I'm gonna get a heap of flack for this!) our political leaders who, by and large, are trying to do the best they can with a situation that they have NO EXPERIENCE with. They have to accept that which they are told, and act. OF course, sometimes the information that they receive is conflicting, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't! I wouldn't want to be a polly at the best of times. They are under scrutiny 24hours a day, never get a day's break, even when on holidays, and their job is up for grabs every ferw years. Did I mention that company CEO's get paid more.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Tiny (08-08-20)

• Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast