Page 44 of 133 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

The amount of Nursing Staff that have Covid-19 in Vic is alarming
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    I wonder? Fake?
    It can only be confirmed by contacting your local Gov information.
    Surely you know you can't beleive a meme posted on the internet, there is way to much misinformation being posted ATM.

You can start at

Since you are in VIC check the following.

Where can I get more information?

For updates, go to: .
    You can also call the coronavirus hotline: 1800 675 398
    If you require a translator to help you, call the translating and interpreting service on 131 450 and ask for the coronavirus hotline.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Jma (01-04-20),ol' boy (01-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Apparently it's not a virus but our bodies reaction to 5g frequencies.. ..

Its all part of a global conspiracy, I read it on Facebook.....

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Some days you surprisingly....win !

My wife works, I am on disability pension. I have to declare her pay each fortnight to Centrelink. In return, I get about um....?....$30 a fortnight...if I am lucky. Her pay varies every time, so what I get varies around $20-$30 a fortnight.

Noticed some extra money in the bank this morning, took a quick look on Bank app $700 odd dollars, that will be the stimulus payment.

Pay day for her, as normal I get her emailed payslip and use the Australian MyGov website to declare her earnings. Login, the entire fortnight is blacked out and I cannot report her income. Not good, my report date is 2 days before her pay date and if I dont do it ASAP I get kicked off the Pension and they cancel my pension card. Has happened 3 times in the past.

Look at Centrelink website, they have decided to pay everyone at full rates for this fortnight period and if you have to declare income, you need to do it within 14 days. Yay.

Try the automated report income line. All goes good until " your next reporting date is <insert the next reporting date in another 2 weeks> call back then, good bye. Disconnected. Fkn Great......I may have to go and assemble with the deadheads at my local Centrelink and get Coronavirus.

Thought bugger that, rang the automated line again and screamed "customer service" in it six different times until it decided that I needed to speak to a customer service operator. After being on hold for an hour, I got a lady who sounded a bit frazzelled and explained by dilemma. I said I got a full pension paid, earlier than normal, and I am now due to report income, but cant. She recorded my wifes income, and I asked what goes on with the overpayment. She said, quote, spend it.

Questioning it, she said they are not allowed to record a debt against a customer for this period and even thought I would normally get $20, they will not be chasing me for the $700 overpayment. Woo Hoo.

Looking at Centrelink website again, due to Easter they have yet again messed with the reporting dates, this time due to Easter public holidays. I cant declare early as my wifes income changes (changes lots at the moment as she is a health worker) so it would seem that I am going to pocket another full pension next fortnight.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (02-04-20)

Administrator
    Thanks

I wonder? Fake?

It is legit. Also see below :

I have received advice from the office of the Hon David Elliott MP that the ban on recreational fishing has been overturned.

Legal advice has just been issued confirming that fishing has been classified as passive exercises and therefore as long as social distancing and public gathering rules are complied with it can continue.

This is a win for commonsense and will no doubt make a lot of people very happy.

The overall advice for people is to remain at home unless it is necessary but if you need to fish, you are now able to do so.
    I went to her Government minister website and clicked on the Facebook link from that page to make sure it was a legit source.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Jma (01-04-20),lsemmens (02-04-20),Tiny (01-04-20)

Administrator
    Thanks

For those with concerns about Corona virus (I don't really have any as it stands....we are doing well looking at the rest of the world, except that every country on the planet will be bankrupt), you may want to go and get a flu injection. Got mine Monday, havent missed one for 13 years.

"In 2017 there were 1,255 deaths due to influenza, recording a standardised death rate of 3.9 per 100,000 persons. This is a significant increase from 2016 where 464 influenza deaths were recorded."

Every year the flu makes Coronavirus look like a minor annoyance.

• Influenza (commonly known as "the flu") is a highly contagious and potentially deadly disease that can be spread through coughing and sneezing.
    • In Australia, influenza on average causes 1,500 to 3,000 deaths,3 about 18,000 hospitalisations and 300,000 GP consultations each year.
    • Influenza is caused by a virus and causes more severe illness than the common cold. It can cause serious and debilitating complications, including pneumonia, especially in people that are vulnerable such as the elderly and other in the "at risk" group.
    • People with a chronic disease have a 40 times increased risk of death from influenza.
    • Annual vaccination is the single most effective measure to prevent influenza.
    • Only 42 per cent of the "at risk" group under 65 years of age are being vaccinated annually.2
    • Less than 50 per cent of healthcare workers, who are at a greater risk of contracting and spreading influenza, are being vaccinated against influenza annually.
    • 10 per cent of all workplace absenteeism associated with illness is due to influenza.

Note the line in bold is one I mentioned earlier.......laws must be changed. No jab, no work in Health Care.

alpha0ne (01-04-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

@Tiny and Admin, the original question from Oceanboy was about going out fishing in a boat.

The site he posted:

explains as one reason for the restriction:

• Please note Marine Search and Rescue services do not have the same capability to perform rescues on the water as they normally would. Anyone choosing to head out on the water is putting themselves – and others – at increased risk.
    I know I am going to the bad guy again but I don't want anybody to get into trouble because of a possible misunderstanding here.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-04-20 at 06:00 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (02-04-20),Tiny (01-04-20),VroomVroom (02-04-20)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    This late in the piece anyone that was coming home would already be home.
    You would think so, but they are not. There are idiots stuck everywhere, 2 weeks ago the Herald Sun was talking to people going out of the country on holiday. They all said we will be ok. There is currently a boatfull of Australian idiots stuck on a ship that cant dock anywhere..........went to Antarctica on the 15th of this month.

Yeah right they are all going to hotels.
    Plenty are, it a wonder you havent heard them screaming about it. Complaints galore as some are not 5 star. There was 2000, 3 days ago. You could probably triple that now.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    I know why they are trying to do this, however my point was, even if they do nothing, eventually the curve will start to flatten.
    Of coarse it will, however that will be when the virus infects at a rate so fast, with so many people needing medical treatment, that it will completely overwhelm our Hospital system way before it runs out of people to infect.
    This causes exponentially more deaths than can be achieved by flattening the curve early.

Did you see this video.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (02-04-20)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    @Tiny and Admin, the original question from Oceanboy was about going out fishing in a boat.

The site he posted:

explains as one reason for the restriction:

I know I am going to the bad guy again but I don't want anybody to get into trouble because of a possible misunderstanding here.
    So you are saying its illegal ? Bad guy, good guy, regardless.......I can't see anything to say it is illegal one way or another.
    I can go shopping at Bunnings for a few hours, maybe grab some petrol then stroll around Coles and then visit other shops that are open. Not illegal.......but not exactly by the rules.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Well that's done it for me, the draconian measures to stop the chineese flu has finally gone too farrrrrrr

just sent this email off to our beloved comrade/leader:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject: limited sales @ bottle shops
    Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 1530 +0800
    Organization: home
    To: wa-government@dpc.wa.gov.au

The incompetence/stupidity is certainly strong @ the puzzle palace

Limit spirits to one bottle per purchase per day = those with a drinking problem just travel to the next nearest bottle shop so higher probability of infecting others .............and don't tell Greta T about all the wasted petrol traveling to numerous bottle shops.........how dare you !!!!

I take a very old (90 years) friend who is legally blind to the bottle shop once a month/6 weeks to stock up the drinks cabinet

To find out I'll have to take her to the shop 4~ 5 times to fill her order is INSANE and you are putting her life @ risk

These bureaucratic not thought out reg's need to be rescinded ASAP...........but I doubt there is anyone big enough to admit their mistakes

Regards......................alpha0ne

Administrator
    Thanks

I wonder? Fake?
    Anyone else just notice the guy on the right fishing is not in a boat and is in fact in a giant Wok ?

Obviously thats how to get around the rules

ol' boy (01-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Vietnamese Fishing Boat

I think the Fishing from a Boat thing is pretty much a No...
    Sure you could go and try your luck, but it would only take one jumped up copper to hand you a fine, then you're off to court to fight it... is it worth it?

My point in asking people here, wasn't so much about the fishing, it was more about our piss weak country that can't say a simple YES or NO.

Unless they cant??? I can imagine if we had to mount an ocean rescue here, we would have to launch our boat
    But that isnt fishing either

It is just a shame the Government couldn't make a simple non ambiguous statement....
    Last edited by ol' boy; 01-04-20 at 06:41 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

This sums it up
    As what admin found all related to NSW

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (01-04-20)

Administrator
    Thanks

Vietnamese Fishing Boat

I think the Fishing from a Boat thing is pretty much a No...
    Sure you could go and try your luck, but it would only take one jumped up copper to hand you a fine, then you're off to court to fight it... is it worth it?

My point in asking people here, wasn't so much about the fishing, it was more about our piss weak country that can't say a simple YES or NO.

Unless they cant??? I can imagine if we had to mount an ocean rescue here, we would have to launch our boat
    But that isnt fishing either

It is just a shame the Government couldn't make a simple non ambiguous statement....
    Unfortunately situations like this don't have a rule book because nothing similar has happened for 100 years and that time period makes people and governments complacent. Rules are required to be made on the fly (get the fishing joke ?) and unfortunately they don't have time to test them with all the various scenarios, such as what I mentioned about a day out shopping (which isnt illegal but morally wrong)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

It's all a bit confusing, however we have to understand that this is unprecedented in our life time, the rules are being issued on the fly, with little time to give full interpretation for all people.

I bet no one wants to be the Prime Minister or a state Premier right now. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Stay safe, stay at home if you can, for the common good.
    Cheers, Tiny

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    So you are saying its illegal ? Bad guy, good guy, regardless.......I can't see anything to say it is illegal one way or another.
    I can go shopping at Bunnings for a few hours, maybe grab some petrol then stroll around Coles and then visit other shops that are open. Not illegal.......but not exactly by the rules.
    I am not saying what is illegal or not but pointing out what I found on that link so everybody can make their own decision.

To me the boating thing may get you into trouble if in Victoria for more reasons than just a fine if you actually read what I quoted.

I just heard on 7 TV news (NSW) that fishing from a beach is fine as long as you keep the distance. It is considered exercise.
    So I may actually go one day and practice my long range casting if I find a gully. That certainly is exercise and beats running on treadmill all the time.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-04-20 at 07:25 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (01-04-20)

Thanks

...and now for something different, no wait it is still the same in China. As if the Virus never happened except that there are now guards to stop people making photos, well they try to:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

The cure...........................

Ummm...some language might offend, ya c*nts!!!

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (02-04-20),efab (01-04-20),ol' boy (01-04-20),shred (03-04-20),Tiny (02-04-20),Uncle Fester (01-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    It's all a bit confusing, however we have to understand that this is unprecedented in our life time, the rules are being issued on the fly, with little time to give full interpretation for all people.

I bet no one wants to be the Prime Minister or a state Premier right now. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Stay safe, stay at home if you can, for the common good.
    Yes, you and admin are correct.
    It's better not to ask sometimes..

We are lucky here, we all know the cops and they were openly happy to let us go fishing, boating, what ever....

But sadly in today's Facebook "Mrs Mangles" world, people started asking for a direct answer... And of course when asked, they will errr on the side of safety.

The Pier was closed here today, along with some beach car parks.

All the foreshore picnic tables are wrapped in Police tape...

The whole place looks like a crime scene!

It's become absurd now if you ask me.
    As George says, Trains, Trams, Buses, Planes all ok, but don't go to a picnic table in a deserted town....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (02-04-20),shred (03-04-20),Tiny (02-04-20)

• Page 44 of 133 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast