Page 94 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

The rats are turning on each other.....now Suttons evidence is suspect.....

they are all sh!t scared of their own industrial culpability legislation...ministers and senior public servants could be under the gun...

I can't read this....anyone got an account?

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (18-10-20),fromaron (16-10-20)

Thanks

Hope to see another resignation soon.

I came across interesting article about senior public servants skills required. The summary is below:
    1. Personal Skills
    - Having self-awareness.
    - Being able to exert self-control
    - Having a pro-active disposition i.e. someone who tried to anticipate and develop the agenda.
    2. Interpersonal Skills
    - Listening to others
    - Encouraging people to be open with you
    - Being curious with people, making them feel valued.
    3. Reading people and situations
    - Being able to see others’ perspectives: what their values, motives, interests and goals are
    - Understanding organisational goals and power structures
    - Recognising the threat, you individually or organisational, cause others
    4. Building alignment and alliances
    - Understanding who can work with and who to exclude in order to achieve organisational goals
    - Making alliances in situations of competition
    - Knowing when to collaborate or compete
    - Understanding organisations differences in alliances
    5. Strategic direction and scanning
    - Retaining a sense of purpose
    - Understanding when to move fast on your agenda and when to hold off as the timing is wrong
    - Picking up signals from others (trade press, colleagues, external sources) highlighting changes in situation and helping you to identify what is over the horizon.

Now, can you match those skills to Victorian senior public servants for example?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

eaglem (18-10-20),enf (16-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Hope to see another resignation soon.

I came across interesting article about senior public servants skills required. The summary is below:
    1. Personal Skills
    - Having self-awareness.
    - Being able to exert self-control
    - Having a pro-active disposition i.e. someone who tried to anticipate and develop the agenda.
    2. Interpersonal Skills
    - Listening to others
    - Encouraging people to be open with you
    - Being curious with people, making them feel valued.
    3. Reading people and situations
    - Being able to see others’ perspectives: what their values, motives, interests and goals are
    - Understanding organisational goals and power structures
    - Recognising the threat, you individually or organisational, cause others
    4. Building alignment and alliances
    - Understanding who can work with and who to exclude in order to achieve organisational goals
    - Making alliances in situations of competition
    - Knowing when to collaborate or compete
    - Understanding organisations differences in alliances
    5. Strategic direction and scanning
    - Retaining a sense of purpose
    - Understanding when to move fast on your agenda and when to hold off as the timing is wrong
    - Picking up signals from others (trade press, colleagues, external sources) highlighting changes in situation and helping you to identify what is over the horizon.

Now, can you match those skills to Victorian senior public servants for example?
    Summarised in a reduced set...

1. Mumbo Jumbo
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (18-10-20)

Thanks

So much for the Trans-Tasman travel bubble:

Fourteen passengers have been detained in Melbourne after they arrived from New Zealand under the trans-Tasman bubble arrangements.
    see

Seems some of the first bunch have stuffed it for all the rest.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

eaglem (18-10-20),Tiny (17-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    So much for the Trans-Tasman travel bubble:

see

Seems some of the first bunch have stuffed it for all the rest.
    i don't know what the carry on is all about. They could have all hired cars and driven straight down the hwy, through the vic border as there are no controls heading south, and then prob get through the ring as well. Ring of steel. bah!
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (17-10-20),eaglem (18-10-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Those Kiwis must have a death wish, Given that Melbourne is nowhere near as clear of COVID as NZ, why would they willingly put themselves at risk?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Those Kiwis must have a death wish, Given that Melbourne is nowhere near as clear of COVID as NZ, why would they willingly put themselves at risk?
    That's easy; human nature, they feel the need to reconnect with family is way more important than their own safety & the rules of the time.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

eaglem (18-10-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

A death wish?

Bit dramatic don't you think.

It ain't Ebola..

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (18-10-20),hinekadon (19-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    i don't know what the carry on is all about.
    Well for a start they need to get back into NSW to fly out, how they gong to do that after being in a hot spot, next if they manage to get on a plane they are going to have to go into quarantine in NZ when they get there because they've been in a hot spot.
    Perhaps the travel bubble was opened too early, maybe once Victoria has this under control would be time enough. Also as they have to go back, it would have been better to wait till two way travel was permitted.

Not sure who pushed this, suspect it was Scott Morrison, but one thing for sure, whoever it was didn't think it thru.

Finally, and on a different note, what has happened to DB44, fully expecting him to pop in to tell me what and idiot I am.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 17-10-20 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Well for a start they need to get back into NSW to fly out, how they gong to do that after being in a hot spot, next if they manage to get on a plane they are going to have to go into quarantine in NZ when they get there because they've been in a hot spot.
    Perhaps the travel bubble was opened too early, maybe once Victoria has this under control would be time enough. Also as they have to go back, it would have been better to wait till two way travel was permitted.

Not sure who pushed this, suspect it was Scott Morrison, but one thing for sure, whoever it was didn't think it thru.

Finally, and on a different note, what has happened to DB44, fully expecting him to pop in to tell me what and idiot I am.
    Most of the people travelling from New Zealand had one-way tickets.
    I suspect the ones who went to Victoria fall in this group.

Just to stop you fretting on DB44, I will call you an idiot on his behalf.
    When he does reply, you can ignore my comment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    Just to stop you fretting on DB44, I will call you an idiot on his behalf.
    When he does reply, you can ignore my comment.
    Thanks, I feel much better now.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I just hope he is OK, it would be very upsetting if he has caught the disease, or worse, and none of us were there to help/support him. The downside of "online" friends. Too often our friends (IRL), partners, do not know enough about our online activities to even think about keeping us informed if one of us should drop off the perch or be incapacitated in some serious way. When this COVID thing settles, we should arrange a Meet and Greet, so that we can, at least, form some form of relationship IRL with some of our friends here.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

If you are not sure stop spreading rubbish around. No need to wait for DB44 to tell you that.

Victorian government was consulted on NZ people to enter Victoria and Dan had permitted that to happen earlier this week. During Monday and Tuesday meetings Victorian government didn't object this to happen.

I am eager to see another "Don't remember" exercise soon. Bunch of liars every single step - that is what who they are.
    Last edited by fromaron; 18-10-20 at 01:23 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

enf (18-10-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    A death wish?

Bit dramatic don't you think.

It ain't Ebola..

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk
    Butbutbutbutbutbut it IS......................or just as bad, according to the msm

If you believed the msm you'd think the bubonic plague has made a return and is killing millions...............but what we have (the china flu) has killed what a flu season normally accounts for

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

george65 (18-10-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I'll bet this never reaches the msm 'reporting'

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (18-10-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It's OK alpha0ne, Danny boy has finally fessed up.....

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-10-20),george65 (18-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

The stupid looks they have cut of chariman Dan that are obviously how he has been in a press conference are enough. oesen't matter what he was being asked or told, he looks like a fking imbecile caught out in a lie which is exactly what has happened.

I just went for an overnight Trip to Visit my Dad. Wasn't really to visit him, was an excuse to help a friend.

Her mother in law lives in the same town. She is Dying of cancer. The friend has a 4 month old Baby. The husband had to go to Vic for work and has been trapped there. Company said they could get him back but they can't. Father hasn't seen baby and wife in 3.5 Months. Can't get to see dying mother either.
    Wife/ friend had a REALLY bad child birth and is still very unwell in herself. Probably won't be able to have any more Children and isn't near up to Driving 4+ hours, not that she ever was a long distance driver.

Wife was talking to her the other week, heard what was going on and said I'd take her up there. Friend refused on the grounds of not wanting to put me to trouble. Dad wanted a new washing machine and a video player so I bought them for him, put them in the ute and Mrs said he's going up north, Pack your bag and he'll take you up and bring you back. Mrs didn't give her a choice. Fortunately friend has parents that could look after the baby for the night. I normally go up for a week to a fortnight but this was a drop and run to help the friend.
    So that's what I did.

Up there just after lunch, dropped friend off at MIL's and went back and got her at 6Pm next evening and brought her back.
    She was so upset on the way back broke my heart. She is extremely close to the MIL whom is a lovely lady and has so much on her shoulders. MIL told her a lot of things, she has to tell her husband whom she is greatly missing and she's going though hell, as is he I imagine, all because of this Piece of shit moron Andrews.

I can't imagine how many other similar tales of grief and suffering this arsehole and his girlfriend Plucka chook have caused but this one I have first hand experience with is enough to make my blood boil. I'll bet there are much worse things and this one could easily go the same way if Mother gets really bad and he can't get back before she passes. She is not expected to see Xmas.
    I implored friend that if she wants to go back up to see mother in law or has to, let me know any hour of the day or night and I'll be there in an hour to get her. If she asks, I know things will be bad because she wouldn't want to impose no matter how much I read her the riot act.

I have been in her place, I know where she is at and the hell hole she is in. I was telling her exactly what she was thinking and feeling and she was amazed. Least I got through that I DID know how she was feeling and had been there. Told her I wasn't going to sugar coat it, it was going to get worse but go into it ( the side situation which is another story of woe) all guns blazing and don't hold back or give herself anything she will regret for the rest of her days like I will.

I grew up with shit from the time I was 10. I'm used to it. This Girl is a good decent girl from a good decent family and in her early '30s is totally unprepared. They are the ones this shit hits hardest. Add to that not being well, having a new baby, the husband being away, a dieing mother in law whom she loves dearly..... what a fking mess though no fault of anyone's bar that Andrews prick whom is a gutless coward that does not have the balls to own up like a man to his mistakes and responsibilities. Total piece of shit.

I'm hoping the stump Grinder I bought dad comes in this week. He's hanging out for it and it will be another good excuse to go up there and take friend. She didn't want to come home but had to with the Baby so can only be away for short trips but that's OK. She doesn't think the baby is up to travelling as he's a bit restless but I think it's more SHE couldn't endure the trip and look after the baby at the same time. She said it was first full sleep she's had in months being away but still was awake with things on her mind. No wonder.

She should have her husband with her and he should be with his mother but it's all Fked up thanks to the Victorian Fktard. Looking at that turd makes me want to just belt the shit out of the creeper more than ever. Pluckachook up north is one thing but this Crunt is something else. How many people is this bastard torturing in so many different ways keeping people locked up?
    Fking businesses, putting families through unimaginable grief and all for some ridiculous power trip dressed up as public health and safety bullshit. Frankly I'm amazed someone hasn't tried to Off him already. I think he's going to need personal security for the rest of his days or plastic surgery and a new Identity.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but Mrs and I are a bit sensitive to all this even though it does not directly involve us, we are still a bit affected by seeing what it's doing to other good , decent people that don't deserve what this is putting them through.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-10-20),VroomVroom (19-10-20)

Thanks

That Dr Phil clip posted by enf () looks like a cleverly edited Dr Phil TV show with segments from a daily covid report by Dan Andrews cleverly overlaid.

If I am correct this is the ultimate in Fake News and is probably actionable in a court.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

That Dr Phil clip posted by enf () looks like a cleverly edited Dr Phil TV show with segments from a daily covid report by Dan Andrews cleverly overlaid.

If I am correct this is the ultimate in Fake News and is probably actionable in a court.
    What a load of utter crap.....

It's obviously a joke, although Dr Phil may not like being portrayed alongside Daniel Andrews....cleverly edited film clips are everywhere.....fake news HAHAHAHAHA....

Get a life man.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-10-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Are you Fking serious?

• Page 94 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast