Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Anyone see the footage of the Pregnant woman arrested in her own home Smelboure today for putting a post of facewaste about an anti lockdown protest?
    Bunch of cops handcuffed her and confiscated her laptop and phone.
    yep , saw that this morning.
    I didnt see the post the young lady put up but i did think it was hypocritical to allow a BLM protest yet arrest someone organising an anti lockdown protest!!!

its also a bit over the top to send in 4 detectives to arrest a petite pregnant woman. Welcome to Victoria under Dan Chinaman
    Last edited by VroomVroom; 03-09-20 at 07:26 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

george65 (03-09-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    yep , saw that this morning.
    but i did think it was hypocritical to allow a BLM protest yet arrest someone organising an anti lockdown protest!!!
    Totally agree. Well Andrews is testing his new power. For me the Belt and Roads crap and the Chinese Communist Party has told Andrews to behave like communist China and if he does this he will get more brownie point from them and more money.
    Funny thing yesterday, one of our neighbour is in Real Estate and I spotted him out the front so I stop to talk to him whist going a walk and he told me Briefly that his office has been getting a record amount of enquirers from people that live in Melbourne and want to move in Brisbane. WONDER WHY!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

wotnot (03-09-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Funny thing yesterday, one of our neighbour is in Real Estate and I spotted him out the front so I stop to talk to him whist going a walk and he told me Briefly that his office has been getting a record amount of enquirers from people that live in Melbourne and want to move in Brisbane. WONDER WHY!!!
    Funny coincidence last night, we were talking about the same thing ; we started to boil it down to points/counter-points of outlooks...ie;

*political --->> I hope they don't bring their voting habits with them
    *apolitical -->> I hope they don't bring their social habits with them

*rural -->> I hope they bring some rain with them
    *non-rural -->> I hope they don't bring Melbourne's weather with them

Apparently, another ramification is the destination of choice for (future) overseas visitors when thinking of a holiday in Australia -- we won't wonder why visitors are choosing not to travel to Vic but to Qld instead.

Most asked question of relatives of folks living in Melbourne -->> "When are you moving state?"
    Most asked question of Melbournites talking to relatives interstate -->> "Where's the best area to buy/rent up your way?"
    Most asked question of Melbournites now unemployed talking to relatives interstate -->> "Have you got a spare room?"

Hmmm....even being on topic, that could've been posted in the jokes thread.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (03-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    he told me Briefly that his office has been getting a record amount of enquirers from people that live in Melbourne and want to move in Brisbane. WONDER WHY!!!
    I totally agree with what you are saying. There is no democracy or civil rights left in Victoria under the state of emergency announced and now extended for another 6 months.
    On a side note, people who move to QLD might be up for a nasty discovery - State of Emergency in QLD doesn't have sunset period at all, it can last forever.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (03-09-20),wotnot (03-09-20)

Premium Member

Thanks

"Anyone see the footage of the Pregnant woman arrested in her own home Smelboure today for putting a post of facewaste about an anti lockdown protest?
    Bunch of cops handcuffed her and confiscated her laptop and phone".

I call bullshit on this. Why would the cops confiscate the phones and the computer after letting them post the arrest on Facebook. Bullshit!!! This is
    incitement on a grand scale designed by the Victorian Government in attempt to try and stop people from protesting on Saturday morning

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamve View Post

I call bullshit on this. Why would the cops confiscate the phones and the computer after letting them post the arrest on Facebook. Bullshit!!! This is
    incitement on a grand scale designed by the Victorian Government in attempt to try and stop people from protesting on Saturday morning
    I tend to disagree with your point for couple of reasons:
    1. Cops didn't let them to post the video on Facebook. It is most likely scenario the phone was cloud connected. Once filmed the footage was out. Cops could only confiscate the hardware.
    2. Why would they chose such a troublesome target - pregnant woman. They could have done the same with less vulnerable person - a druggy for example and avoid "Please explain" situation.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    I tend to disagree with your point for couple of reasons:
    1. Cops didn't let them to post the video on Facebook. It is most likely scenario the phone was cloud connected. Once filmed the footage was out. Cops could only confiscate the hardware.
    2. Why would they chose such a troublesome target - pregnant woman. They could have done the same with less vulnerable person - a druggy for example and avoid "Please explain" situation.
    No doubt if this goes to court the judge will throw it out and say to the cops "STOP WASTING THE COURT TIME WITH THIS RUBBISH !"

Thanks

F..k I hate Faceache, Cant understand why people are addicted with it.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    On a side note, people who move to QLD might be up for a nasty discovery - State of Emergency in QLD doesn't have sunset period at all, it can last forever.
    Lol... a lot of those laws/rulings came into being, as a result of both civil & industrial discontent with the then gerrymandered Qld govt. of Joh "don't you worry about that" Bjelke-Petersen, and the minister for everything - Big Russ Hinze....back in the 1970s. We had our own 'special branch' police force to suppress free speech and the right to protest, who carried on like a bunch of Stasi -- shields and swords for the party....the Queensland Country/National Party. If this covid19 thing had happened back then, there'd be pill-boxes & bren-guns at the borders...and they'd use them =)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Qld is an elected dictatorship and has been since the upper house was scrapped.....add the new electoral finance laws using Clive Palmer as the scapegoat, and the ALP should be there for the long hall.

Same will happen in WA if the McGowan government gets similar laws through. They have them already drafted I believe.

True democracy is dead.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

The arrest was probably a political ploy. The "arrest" show that the police are treating everyone equally. (She will probably be quietly let go in a few days). They can't arrest Black (or any other colour) Looters Matter or they'll be seen to be prejudiced.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (06-09-20),mtv (06-09-20),Tiny (06-09-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Dan's announcement today, what a f-ing Joke. Regional Vic still being punished when we have bugger all cases.

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

enf (06-09-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    What that shows is our hygiene has been rather poor for sometime and how important a simple thing like hand hygiene is.

.......Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

enf (06-09-20),Johnno (06-09-20),Tiny (06-09-20),wotnot (06-09-20)

Thanks

I did not see the Vic media conference today but read the plans online and I've not nothing against the plan for Melb. But, I'm in regional Vic and would like to see virus free areas of the state open up earlier as it a bit pointless keeping them at level 3. Under the plan we could have one regional centre get an outbreak and the whole of the state will be impacted. They need to divy up the regions into half a dozen zones and apply it that way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I had to laugh when I heard the Chief medical orificer of Vic say they wanted to avoid a 3rd lock down.

I thought there will be rioting and parliament house being burned down if they even think of that.
    Of course if they did a 3rd lockdown, there wouldn't be any businesses left in Vic to re open.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drought Relief View Post
    I did not see the Vic media conference today but read the plans online and I've not nothing against the plan for Melb. But, I'm in regional Vic and would like to see virus free areas of the state open up earlier as it a bit pointless keeping them at level 3. Under the plan we could have one regional centre get an outbreak and the whole of the state will be impacted. They need to divy up the regions into half a dozen zones and apply it that way.
    and on top of regional vic with stage 3 and through it stupid border restrictions, bubbles and other BS when you've barely had a case.

Thanks

The containment/isolate a business or suburb approach did not work in Melb (which is a warning to NSW) but on the other hand they may have left it too late. To many in that area not doing the right thing. I think they had a heap of mystery cases already. I live in the SE of the state, Latrobe Valley and we've had a couple of cases linked to a federal gov funded/regulated aged care home. That spot approach should work just fine here. Very low numbers and not mystery. Contact trace and quarantining. I think the state government might have been spooked by the failure of the local approach in Melb and now gone too far in the other direction.

Long and short of. I would absolutely hate to the person trying to solve this. Politics aside, I think up until now all state Premiers Labor/L/NP and the PM have been doing what they think is best for us all. Incredibly tough gig given what is at stake. I honestly take my hat off to them all.
    Last edited by Drought Relief; 07-09-20 at 10:23 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drought Relief View Post
    The containment/isolate a business or suburb approach did not work in Melb (which is a warning to NSW) but on the other hand they may have left it too late. To many in that area not doing the right thing. I think they had a heap of mystery cases already. I live in the SE of the state, Latrobe Valley and we've had a couple of cases linked to a federal gov funded/regulated aged care home. That spot approach should work just fine here. Very low numbers and not mystery. Contact trace and quarantining. I think the state government might have been spooked by the failure of the local approach in Melb and now gone too far in the other direction.

Long and short of. I would absolutely hate to the person trying to solve this. Politics aside, I think up until now all state Premiers Labor/L/NP and the PM have been doing what they think is best for us all. Incredibly tough gig given what is at stake. I honestly take my hat off to them all.
    I'm of the opposite view. I'd sack almost every one of them. They have turned what was a superbly handled initial phase of protection into a cheap political stunt fest.

Your state government may be spooked, but it's their own incompetence that has them in that frame of mind. The national cabinet and the federal chief medical officer and team did a first rate job in concocting a strategy that was stunning in it's effectiveness. A plan was devised to 'flatten the curve' and then trace and isolate. All states agreed to this. The results were great IMO.

Then Morrison did what was required and handed the keys of the car to the premiers. This is where the sh!t hit the fan. In my mind they have almost all engaged in cheap political bullsh!t and one upmanship. Like a bunch of adolescents they've turned a national response into a state of origin brawl, ruining the economy in the process.

NSW (and by default the ACT) are the only states that have stuck to the script. Borders mostly open, economy and business mostly active, even after the Covid Princess fiasco. QLD have an imminent election, and premier P-Z (however it's spelled) has used that as the driving force behind the closure. In addition to devistatingthe tourist sector, her government have used the cover of Covid and the fear generated by them, to ram through electoral funding legislation that virtually ensures victory for the ALP. The same thing is in the works in WA. I have some sympathy for the NT as they have the real problem of remote indigenous communities right on their doorstep. Even they have followed the old political axiom of not wasting a good disaster and used covid as an excuse for their already perilous pre covid financial position.

National cohesion has been sacrificed and in my view will never be back. The second biggest economy in the country is Victoria. Their taxes go a long way towards national funding for hospitals and schools etc. If Victoria is ruined, wheres that money going to come from to go to the WA and Qld governments?

Sadly, I don't think this nation will ever recover. You say that you would hate to be the person who has to solve this ...me too. But then again I'm not paid to, and I confess I'd be incapable as well. These people however ARE paid to, and all they've demonstrated to me is that they are self centred, incapable and politically motivated. Business as usual, and f*ck the consequences.

So no, I don't take my hat off to them. Not at all.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fromaron (07-09-20),peteramjet (09-09-20)

Thanks

Just remember when talking about national cohesion in terms of state border closures. Vic have never closed any border during this pandemic. My opinion is, there has never been a national approach. Not even during the first wave. "National cabinet" is just window dressing.
    Last edited by Drought Relief; 07-09-20 at 01:46 PM.

• Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast