It just gets better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (04-12-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Ironic:

Looks like all the ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine didn't work.
    Headlines and scaremongering at it's best. I went to the links of of the sites from that ABC article. a)
    An American televangelist accused of broadcasting COVID-19 vaccine disinformation in Australia has died, weeks after contracting the virus.
    He was only ACCUSED but FOXTEL
    A review by Foxtel found the channel does not breach any Australian television codes of conduct
    . He also had other medical conditions which may, or may not, have contributed to his demise. He may, or may not, have been advised to avoid (or take) a COVID vax.

I have also come across information (IIRC it was on this forum) that ivermectin might be useful as a cure for the disease. Do we now accuse AUSTEC (generally) as promoting this a s a cure?

As to the accusations, YES the show did promote two anti-vaxxers in the "Disinformation Dozen, the show itself, nor was the evangelist mentioned in that list. Just the fact that we discuss the issue here, either for, or against, does that mean that we are, also going to be tarred with the "disinformation dozen" brush? I'm all for robust discussion bot for and against COVID vax, and (in this case) also, religion, but just because a show presents an alternate viewpoint to the accepted position does not necessarily mean that they support it. Current affairs programs (such as they are) are often presenting "sensational" stories, not because they are supporting said position, but, trying to make us think., and promote discussion.

FWIW I have been vaxed but I do understand that not all people like the idea. However, I was not vaxed for MY benefit, but that of those around me. i.e. If I run the risk (unlikely) that I might contract COVID, then, I do not wish to be responsible for passing it on to one of my friends whose system is immune-compromised. I will do all in my power to protect them!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

FWIW I have been vaxed but I do understand that not all people like the idea. However, I was not vaxed for MY benefit, but that of those around me. i.e. If I run the risk (unlikely) that I might contract COVID, then, I do not wish to be responsible for passing it on to one of my friends whose system is immune-compromised. I will do all in my power to protect them!

That's the protesters point, the Vax doesn't stop you getting it or spreading it and it should be your choice.

If it actually did what it's supposed to do I would understand the mandates. But it seems to be more about power and control and money.....

When all the experts say recovering from covid gives you the best immunity, why are the government insisting that those people still have to be jabbed?

And why are doctors who give people exemptions being warned off by the AMA?

It may stop you dying if you are in one of the at risk categories, if you aren't there's not much point taking it....

usages.kangaroos.sound
    Last edited by hoe; 03-12-21 at 12:31 AM.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    That's the protesters point, the Vax doesn't stop you getting it or spreading it and it should be your choice.

If it actually did what it's supposed to do I would understand the mandates. But it seems to be more about power and control and money.....
    The Vax significantly stops you from becoming seriously ill while still reduces the spread by 60-70% depending on the type. No vax is perfect. Near perfect vax takes many years to improve. Money is involved everywhere. It is what makes the world go round.

When all the experts say recovering from covid gives you the best immunity, why are the government insisting that those people still have to be jabbed?
    To achieve that kind of immunity your body has to suffer extreme inflammation that can lead to permanent damage of lung tissue. I think I would prefer multiple courses of vaccine.

It may stop you dying if you are in one of the at risk categories, if you aren't there's not much point taking it....
    As said the infected can have severe lasting disability. It is not only about dying or the elderly as young people can get very sick from this even if their fatality numbers are lower.

I don't care if the unvaccinated die, but I do care if unvaccinated nurses have to treat me and infect me or unvaccinated teachers infect my son.
    People who have these jobs must accept the responsibilities that came with them.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 03-12-21 at 04:58 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (04-12-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Headlines and scaremongering at it's best. I went to the links of of the sites from that ABC article. a) He was only ACCUSED but FOXTEL . He also had other medical conditions which may, or may not, have contributed to his demise. He may, or may not, have been advised to avoid (or take) a COVID vax.
    He had diabetes and it was managed.
    Unless there is advanced organ damage people don't directly die from diabetes these days but it may have contributed to his death when he had Covid.
    That is why doctors recommend people who have these conditions to get vaccinated

have also come across information (IIRC it was on this forum) that ivermectin might be useful as a cure for the disease. Do we now accuse AUSTEC (generally) as promoting this a s a cure?
    Clinical trials with ivermectin are inconclusive with mixed results.
    Promoting it as a cure with information from hearsay and opinionated web sources is not a good idea.

What is that saying I always hear from Trump followers and anti-vaxers ...ah yeah:

"I believe in MY God, not YOUR science."

Amen to that.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 03-12-21 at 05:06 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (04-12-21)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    He had diabetes and it was managed.

Clinical trials with ivermectin are inconclusive with mixed results.
    Promoting it as a cure with information from hearsay and opinionated web sources is not a good idea.

Amen to that.
    That was my point. We have discussed it here, but, if the comments are taken OUT of context, then we can make them say whatsoever we please.

LSemmens
    Thanks

and in relation to this

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Another anagram....

DELTA OMICRON = MEDIA CONTROL

Now THAT will get the crazies stirred up..........
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (04-12-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,524 Posts

'Belgian zoo says its two very runny-nosed hippos have COVID-19' ...were they vaccinated?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    'Belgian zoo says its two very runny-nosed hippos have COVID-19' ...were they vaccinated?
    I want to know who did they kiss or hug with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    I want to know who did they kiss or hug with.
    Don't judge... I've had a few nights out in my younger years, that ended similarly for me...

LSemmens
    Thanks

TMI Bob,

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,059 Posts

The whole article with more references.

Last edited by Reschs; 10-12-21 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Additional links

Premium Member
    Thanks

another double jabbed vip in intensive care........

ive met him a couple of times, decent bloke....

Banned
    Thanks

Sydney now greater than ever, at nearly 2,500 in 24-hrs!
    Yep... Let's reduce restrictions, and have large open gatherings again!... sigh...
    They say that NSW is on track for 25,000 per day by the end of January!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ah-Those-Old-Days! For This Useful Post:

william10 (20-12-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ah-Those-Old-Days! View Post
    Sydney now greater than ever, at nearly 2,500 in 24-hrs!
    Yep... Let's reduce restrictions, and have large open gatherings again!... sigh...
    They say that NSW is on track for 25,000 per day by the end of January!!
    So who cares?

Droves of people aren't dying or even being hospitalised. We need to grow up a bit. A f*cking lot in fact.

This constant fear mongering by the press and some state politicians is almost as staggering as the number of stoopid terrified people that have fallen for the bullsh!t.....

WE HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT!!!!! Take reasonable precautions and get on with our lives....

This is the world the Chinese have forced upon us.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

fromaron (19-12-21),hoe (18-12-21),peteramjet (18-12-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Default Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    So who cares?

Droves of people aren't dying or even being hospitalised. We need to grow up a bit. A f*cking lot in fact.

This constant fear mongering by the press and some state politicians is almost as staggering as the number of stoopid terrified people that have fallen for the bullsh!t.....

WE HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT!!!!! Take reasonable precautions and get on with our lives....
    100%.

Pre-COVID-19, if people were told to get tested for the flu with the mildest symptoms, and if the media published the flu results daily, I’d suggest most people following the case numbers would never have left their homes. After all, flu hospitalisations and deaths (the reported ones) in a reasonably bad season are still on par with COVID-19 hospitalisations and deaths in Australia.

Im not saying ‘COVID-19 is only the flu’, but flu deaths have been reduced/prevented by the use of vaccines, just as COVID-19 deaths are now being reduced/prevented by the use of vaccines. People will still die of COVID-19, but what the numbers in both NSW (and Vic) are showing us is that despite the large case numbers, hospitalisations and deaths are not increasing at the same rate.

As enf correctly said - COVID-19 is here to stay. Take reasonable precautions, get on with your life.
    Last edited by peteramjet; 18-12-21 at 10:45 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

fromaron (19-12-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

If only we could get on with our lives, but the pollies aren't going to relinquish their new powers easily.

McGowan in WA ihas lost the plot....

And the media is towing the line, keeping the masses scared for their lives....

From the very start the experts said it would mutate into a highly transmissible but mild strain, Omicron...

If they let it in and it takes over as the dominant strain, the Pandemic is effectively over.

But it seems that's not what the pollies want....

usages.kangaroos.sound
    Last edited by hoe; 18-12-21 at 11:31 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (21-12-21),fromaron (19-12-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    If only we could get on with our lives, but the pollies aren't going to relinquish their new powers easily.
    I feel we live in feudalism at the moment with a bunch of little kings ruling their estates.

I wish we had constitution rewritten ASAP as it seems in it's current shape it doesn't serve it's purpose.

And people should stop buying the number of cases as current representation of pandemic severity.
    Every time they say - we have big numbers - my first reaction is - So What?

Vulnerable people and those who doesn't want to take vaccine should limit their social life or risk getting seriously ill. Today more than 90% vaccinated in Australia should not sacrifice their freedoms while the other group of people can look after themselves as suggested.
    Those vaccinated who are scared by the numbers can stay home in voluntary isolation / lockdown with windows shut and stop whining about other people getting back their life.
    Last edited by fromaron; 19-12-21 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks

We desperately need some real & accurate reporting.
    Not just of the raw numbers but how many are actually serious
    Also proper reports on deaths in relation to 'of covid' v 'with covid', ie co morbidities

• Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast