Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Here’s hoping the <politician> steps in and does what should be done
    hope + politicians = oxymoron =)

I am still stunned by our <politicians'> gullibility in allowing non citizens access to our courts...
    gullibility + politicians = par for the course B)

His latest press release sounds plausible, certainly more so than anything our politicians have said over the past 6 decades of my life.... but I suppose having a net worth of 220million, gets you the best PR writers that money can buy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Aaaaah...so it's money, not health and logic.
    If money the economy didn't matter .. you'd be in indefinite lockdown

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Try lying on your entry paperwork to any country and see how you go.....

I'm sure Serbia border control would be very understanding.....

Doesn't matter who filled it out, he's responsible.

Latest reports show his positive test is faked......

SHOCK CLAIMS EMERGE OVER DJOKOVIC’S TEST RESULTS

A bombshell report from a German news outlet has raised questions over the validity of Novak Djokovic’s Covid test results.

German newspaper Der Spiegelscanned the QR code linked to Djokovic’s digital test results from December 16 and found a “negative” reasult attached in the Serbian system.

Just an hour later, however, when journalists from Der Spiegel checked again, it read as positive.

Djokovic has relied on that positive test result to show he has grounds for an exemption to having to take the Covid vaccination under conditions of entry set out by the Australian Govnerment.

The publication then looked into the digital reference numbers of the initial positive test result and a follow up test on December 26 in which Djokovic returned a negative result and was thus able to to show the Australian government he had recovered from the virus.

The test timestamped 1.05pm on December 16 was issued a reference number

of 7371999 while the follow up test at 2.21pm on December 26 had a number 50,000 spots lower.

Der Spiegel reports this would indicate the test was recorded before the first “positive” result on December 16.

THE SINGLE ANSWER THAT COULD DERAIL DJOKOVIC’S OPEN BID

Novak Djokovic’s bid for an unprecedented 21st singles Grand Slam title at the Australian Open could hinge on a single answer he gave on a visa form -- had he travelled in the fortnight before his arrival?

The 34-year-old is reported to have ticked the box saying ‘no’ but social media posts and reports appear to show the Monte Carlo resident was in the Serbian capital Belgrade and then Marbella in Spain in the 14 days leading up to his departure for Melbourne.

With the Australian government bruised after losing to Djokovic in the courts on Monday over revoking his entry visa, Immigration Minister Alex Hawke has said he could yet deport the men’s world number one.

[ Djokovic’s fate could be determined today.Source: AAP

He would have reason to do so if Djokovic is found to have lied on his entry form.

The travel document clearly spells out that “giving false or misleading information is a serious offence” and can result in being barred from Australia for three years.

The question Djokovic replied ‘no’ to on his visa application was: “Have you travelled, or will you travel, in the 14 days prior to your flight to Australia?” Djokovic was pictured in Belgrade on December 25, with Serbian handball player Petar Djordjic. The photograph appeared on Djordjic’s Instagram page.

There then appears to be incontrovertible evidence he travelled to Spain for the New Year period.

On January 2, Djokovic was pictured by the Diario Sur local newspaper playing at the Puente Romano club in Sierra Blanca, Marbella, where he was staying in a villa.

On December 31, the SotoTennis academy also tweeted a video of Djokovic training in Marbella.

[

Novak back ON court | 04:42

“We can confirm that Novak Djokovic is ready for the Australian Open if possible,” the academy tweeted -- at the time Djokovic had yet to commit to competing in Australia.

Djokovic then arrived in Melbourne on January 5, having been given an Covid-19 exemption by organisers, only to have his visa was cancelled, beginning the legal fight that ended when a judge overturned that decision on Monday.

Even before that potentially crucial two-week window, the unvaccinated Djokovic was seen in Belgrade after he claims he tested positive for Covid-19 -- the basis for the exemption -- on December 16.

His public appearances in Belgrade after the positive result led to a testy exchange at a press conference the Djokovic family gave on Monday.

Asked by a journalist, his brother Djordje confirmed Novak had tested positive on December 16.

The next day he was at the launch of a Serbian stamp bearing his image and also appearing unmasked beside youngsters in Belgrade when apparently infected.

When the same reporter followed up by asking “Was he out in public on December 17 while infected?” Djordje pulled the curtain down, saying: “The press conference is adjourned.” Since leaving the Melbourne immigration detention facility on Monday, Djokovic has carried on as if everything is normal in practising ahead of the tournament that begins next Monday.

But it remains to be seen whether these videos result in his next ace being in Australia or farther afield.

[ Marton Fucsovics has no sympathy for DjokovicSource: AFP

DJOKOVIC HAS ‘NO RIGHT’ TO BE IN AUSTRALIA

Wimbledon quarter finalist and Marton Fucsovics has spoken publicly to openly criticise Djokovic and his bid to defend his Australian Open crown.

The world no. 38 said Djokovic, like all tennis players, were made aware of Australia’s strict reulations months ago.

“People’s health is paramount, and there are rules that were outlined months ago, namely that everyone should vaccinate themselves - and Djokovic didn’t,” he said.

“From this point of view, I don’t think he would have the right to be here.”

He’s not the only player to call out Djokovic.

British great Andy Murray meanwhile called on Djokovic to come clean over the outstanding questions relating to his botched visa documentation while Portugal’s Joao Sousa spoke out on the double standards that have allowed the defending champion to “find a way around (anti-vaccination) rules”.

“I respect that he fights for what he believes and I can be empathetic with what he is going through in Australia, but it’s a bit selfish from him to arrive here as the only player unvaccinated,” Sousa said.

“It’s tough for us players to accept that.

“Many players – not my case – didn’t want to get vaccinated and were forced to do it to be able to play tournaments. He is finding a way around those rules.”

It comes amid reports of tension between the Serbian star and his fellow players.

Senior tennis writer Ben Rothenberg on Tuesday reported Dojokvic spent time in a gym with other players.

“[Djokovic] came to the gym before his hit. The place went silent with everyone staring. Talk about uncomfortable.”

[

'Lying a***hole' - Anchors SLAM Djoker | 00:41

DJOKOVIC’S MOTHER MAKES DESPERATE PLEA

Mother of Novak Djokovic, Dijana, has made a desperate plea to the federal government to allow her son to stay and play in the Australian Open.

“I’m very worried,” Dijana said on Sunrise. “I realise this is not over yet. We are all praying that he will stay and he will play.”

She added: “Don’t throw him out. He is a tennis player, he is not politician, he is not a criminal, he is not a murder. He is just a tennis player; the best in the world. Just let him play.”

Djiana said the fact Immigration Minister Alex Hawke can decide to detain her son again isn’t “fair” after a judge allowed him to enter Australia.

usages.kangaroos.sound

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (12-01-22),gulliver (14-01-22)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Interesting comment there enf, which court would you think would be more appropriate? Serbian? He'd be given the crown jewels too. If a local law is broken or a local decision is called into question (regardless of which Locale to which we refer) it would seem most appropriate to be handled in that locale. In this case our legal eagles stuffed up and he got out on a technicality and it has cost us dearly, that is not His fault. I'm wondering if double jeopardy rules apply here or are we now stuck with that decision and he is allowed to remain. Sometimes, the law is an ass, but it's our ass and we'd be best covering it.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    If money the economy didn't matter .. you'd be in indefinite lockdown
    Rubbish...a total BOB. It's the constant lockdowns by states and territories (most of them) that have screwed us all, particularly economy wise. Let alone practically dissolving the federation and making us more like a combative confederacy. Most state leaders have behaved as traitors IMO. Nothing more.

A f*cking tennis player, no matter how good, is just a guy who entertains by hitting a ball with a netted stick. The life and health of Australians who actually work to survive is paramount. He should not be given ANY exemtion unless it is clearly established according to the immigration laws.

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Interesting comment there enf, which court would you think would be more appropriate? Serbian? He'd be given the crown jewels too. If a local law is broken or a local decision is called into question (regardless of which Locale to which we refer) it would seem most appropriate to be handled in that locale. In this case our legal eagles stuffed up and he got out on a technicality and it has cost us dearly, that is not His fault. I'm wondering if double jeopardy rules apply here or are we now stuck with that decision and he is allowed to remain. Sometimes, the law is an ass, but it's our ass and we'd be best covering it.
    Covering our arse from what? Innaccuracies and lies are HIS fault and no one elses. If he lied as may be the case, he goes.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Place your bets for the Djokovic outcome now --- the decision is only a few hours away --- the timing is critical ; it has to be announced in time to catch the AU evening news, and the Serbian morning news in one hit =)

My bet? He'll be allowed to stay and play B)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Place your bets for the Djokovic outcome now --- the decision is only a few hours away --- the timing is critical ; it has to be announced in time to catch the AU evening news, and the Serbian morning news in one hit =)

I hope not. Looks like he was lying from the get go.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

wotnot (13-01-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I hope not. Looks like he was lying from the get go.
    Hope? =)

I see they've penned him into the AO draw regardless after a bit of a knee-jerk (draw scheduled for 15:00 then suddenly delayed until 16:15 for unspecified reasons)..

My buddy in CA pointed this out to me;

The Canadian province of Quebec announced Tuesday that residents who have refused a Covid-19 vaccine will soon have to pay a fine. The fines will be a way for the unvaccinated to contribute to an overburdened public health care system, authorities said. "Right now, these people, they put a very important burden on our health care network, and I think it's normal that the majority of the population is asking that there be a consequence," Quebec Premier François Legault said at a news conference Tuesday. "It's a question also of fairness for the 90% of the population who made some sacrifices -- and I think we owe them this kind of measure," he added. The fine would not apply to those with a medical exemption, and no details have been announced. However, Legault said the amount to be levied would be "significant."

The very next day, the headlines read;

One day after the Canadian province of Quebec announced it would financially penalize residents who are unvaccinated, the province's health minister said Wednesday first-time appointments spiked in the hours following the announcement. "It's encouraging!" Quebec's health minister, Christian Dube, tweeted, indicating that Tuesday's first-dose appointments were the highest in several days.

At least they've realized what carrot to dangle in front of the masses to get them to comply - a fatter wallet =) ....probably looks a tad Orwellian but imho it's about the only tactic that's going to work.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (14-01-22)

Thanks

At least they've realized what carrot to dangle in front of the masses to get them to comply - a fatter wallet =) ....probably looks a tad Orwellian but imho it's about the only tactic that's going to work.
    The world is gone mad and is getting madder every day.

Let's fine people for not willing to take vaccines or utilize another tactic used by Western "democracy"

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Jma (14-01-22)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Sign in to confirm your age? Sounds a bit like 'Prove you're vaxxed before we talk to you"

Thanks

It didn't ask me to Sign In. It has a button to confirm you are over 18 and that's it.

It is like giving affidavit about your vaccination status.

PS. Just checked again - they talk about signing in to the browser.
    Last edited by fromaron; 14-01-22 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks

the decision is only a few hours away --- the timing is critical ; it has to be announced in time to catch the AU evening news, and the Serbian morning news in one hit =)

I think so to... This Djokovic saga is a lesson to the Government , rules should be made simple with no exceptions.

Foreigners before boarding a flight ... Negative test, at least 2 jab's vaccinated. keep it simple, remove any exemptions.

Border force should have an online entry application where travellers upload all their covid documents before travelling. Once BF sign of on it you are cleared on arrival. Many countries have implemented this. If this was in place Djokovic wouldn't be boarding the flight.

The court decision should be accepted and the matter should put to rest.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I think so to... This Djokovic saga is a lesson to the Government , rules should be made simple with no exceptions.

Foreigners before boarding a flight ... Negative test, at least 2 jab's vaccinated. keep it simple, remove any exemptions.

Border force should have an online entry application where travellers upload all their covid documents before travelling. Once BF sign of on it you are cleared on arrival. Many countries have implemented this. If this was in place Djokovic wouldn't be boarding the flight.

Djokovic would probably lie and board anyway. There is mounting evidence that he has done this before.

There will be exceptions as long as foreign nationals have access to our courts. It doesn't matter how the law is written.

If there are complaints overseas and people think we are unfair and they don't want to come here....the solution is simple. DON'T COME.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

gulliver (14-01-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

I Border force should have an online entry application where travellers upload all their covid documents before travelling. Once BF sign of on it you are cleared on arrival. Many countries have implemented this. If this was in place Djokovic wouldn't be boarding the flight.
    The granting of a Visa isn’t confirmation you will be permitted entry, it is a conditional approval that allows an individual to travel. It can be withdrawn if conditions are not met.

A country should always have the opportunity to test the validity of a persons documents on their arrival, or at any other time, and refuse them entry if they do not meet the requirements.

If the court had made a decision on the validity of the Visa, I think most would agree. That did not occur, with the matter dismissed on other grounds.

It is therefore perfectly reasonable for the validity of his Visa to be reviewed.

LSemmens
    Thanks

his visa has been cancelled, guaranteed there will be more time wasted in court again. You've missed the point again enf. Foreign Nationals ONLY have access to our courts when they are fighting Australian laws. It isn't as though as he was suing his mummy for doing his nappies up too tight as a baby.... Well, maybe he did, but he wasn't born here, and his mummy isn't an Australian national so our courts would have said bugger off. Hopefully He accepts this decision, and leaves quietly, but I doubt it!

Premium Member
    Thanks

his visa has been cancelled, guaranteed there will be more time wasted in court again.
    Yep, appeal imminent =)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yep, appeal imminent =)
    Australian citizens don't get this sort of pandering ..... well, not white ones anyway.

Why do foreign nationals get this kind of access to our courts? It's laughable!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

peteramjet (14-01-22),Reschs (14-01-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Why do foreign nationals get this kind of access to our courts? It's laughable!
    As far as the mass media goes, the word's not 'laughable', but rather, 'profitable' ...and they can milk it for a couple of more days yet

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

I suspect it was timed so courts are closed till Monday....

Deport him over the weekend, problem solved......

usages.kangaroos.sound

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

enf (14-01-22),peteramjet (14-01-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks

You can watch the court hearing live =) -->

• Page 125 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast