Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Victoria has recorded 278 new cases of coronavirus. 8 people have died over the past 24 hours.

Still waiting on the NSW premier to confirm cases today.. (Whats_her_name)

New Zealand infections cases appeared after more than 100 days of the country recording zero new COVID-19 infections. /story is it come in on freight from abroad. /now in stage 3 lockdown

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Victoria has recorded 278 new cases of coronavirus. 8 people have died over the past 24 hours.

New Zealand infections cases appeared after more than 100 days of the country recording zero new COVID-19 infections. /story is it come in on freight from abroad. /now in stage 3 lockdown
    At least NZ gets the job done professionally. Straight away lock down, questions asked later. They will be back up and running in no time.
    This is a competent government that Australia could only dream of, especially VIC and NSW.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (14-08-20),Johnno (13-08-20),Tiny (13-08-20)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Fears of a second wave across Europe, with UK, Germany, France and Spain seeing alarming increases in infections.

Germany Health officials announced 1,226 new cases this morning, the highest figure since May 9

Spain with the seven-day average now at 3,357 cases per day compared to 480 a month ago.

France's seven-day average is now at 1,691 new cases per day, the highest level since April and up from just over 500 in mid-July.

UK figure of 1,148 per day have rising to the highest since mid June.
    So they think those numbers are alarming.
    If you extrapolate the figures in VIC to the population in those countries we are a lot worse.
    With a very conservative daily average in VIC of 500 cases from the last 7 days I get compared to Germany, VIC extrapolated to around 6060 new cases daily.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 13-08-20 at 11:32 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (17-08-20),Johnno (13-08-20),LeroyPatrol (14-08-20),Tiny (13-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

If you do a search on the string 'how long does covid19 survive on surfaces' ... and take the time to read & cross-reference the hits (take note of date of report), you'd need wonder how to correctly connote/interpret /story above -- if the freight got there any slower than air-freight (on the surfaces of said 'freight'), then it would need be ship-freight .. and you cross reference shipping times into NZ from the rest of the world, and you can start to think said 'freight' was in the company of infected humans...to still be alive on freight surfaces.

NZ will be an interesting case study... the 'contraview' if you like of what's happened with other countries, and the approaches being employed to contain the viral spread.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (17-08-20),eaglem (17-08-20),Johnno (13-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    If you do a search on the string 'how long does covid19 survive on surfaces' ... and take the time to read & cross-reference the hits (take note of date of report), you'd need wonder how to correctly connote/interpret /story above -- if the freight got there any slower than air-freight (on the surfaces of said 'freight'), then it would need be ship-freight .. and you cross reference shipping times into NZ from the rest of the world, and you can start to think said 'freight' was in the company of infected humans...to still be alive on freight surfaces.

NZ will be an interesting case study... the 'contraview' if you like of what's happened with other countries, and the approaches being employed to contain the viral spread.
    NZ is a tiny country with a population the size of Sydney. Eradication is a pipedream in my view, even there. AND at the expense of throwing their economy off a cliff if most of the economists I've read are correct.

Sh!t, a plastic bag could blow off a ship and infect someone. Without an effective vaccine, it's here to stay despite what a scared population may be told by politicians eager for popularity.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (17-08-20),fromaron (13-08-20),george65 (13-08-20),Johnno (13-08-20),lsemmens (13-08-20),mandc (13-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Just buy your way in......

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (17-08-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Just buy your way in......

disgraceful. There should be one law for everyone.

NZ cases picking up. 14 more now. If this thing can stay alive on frozen goods....we have another challenge.

Oz has 100 cases more than yesterday
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    NZ cases picking up. 14 more now. If this thing can stay alive on frozen goods....we have another challenge.
    Positive cases are directly relative to the number of people undergoing tests.

Prior to these new cases, NZ testing had reduced to only a couple of hundred a day. Not hard for there to be no cases if there is no testing being done.

Far more likely the virus has been in the community all along, hence why most of the new 14 cases today have no direct links to the original cases they surmised had come from frozen foods.

With the sudden massive increase in testing it is not surprising there are more cases.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-08-20),enf (14-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

There should be one law for everyone.
    Pretty sure the virus is obeying one law as well =)

Thanks

According to a poll only 60% of US citizens would want the vaccine if it were available:

I think this could be similar in Australia.

I see every time I have to go out to get food, old people coughing all over the place and none of them wear a mask.
    Only me and my wife walk around in Aldli with a mask.

So if people here don't even want to protect themselves and others with a mask, then why would they take a vaccine?

I could imagine the vaccine could be enforced here on those at least who are on welfare by otherwise cutting payments.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (15-08-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    According to a poll only 60% of US citizens would want the vaccine if it were available:

I see every time I have to go out to get food, old people coughing all over the place and none of them wear a mask.
    Only me and my wife walk around in Aldli with a mask.

So if people here don't even want to protect themselves and others with a mask, then why would they take a vaccine?

I could imagine the vaccine could be enforced here on those at least who are on welfare by otherwise cutting payments.
    Still no vaccine for stupidity......

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (15-08-20),Johnno (15-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Victoria.... leading the way...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (15-08-20),Johnno (15-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

I think this is understandable. People are aware what happened in the past with first vaccines developed in a hurry.
    And with 2% death rate from Covid with majority in aged and fragile group of people there is a big question to answer - should I take the risk if there is extremely high chance I will recover from the infection.
    That obviously will not help with current "lockdown" strategy in place as the virus will be around for long time.

Different strategy - cure drug - IVERMECTIN
    I actually just found out there is another drug, very well known with absolutely minimal side effects which so far produced 100% cure within 48 hours.
    The drug was approved long time ago world-wide, as well as in Australia for use. It is absolutely not clear to me what stops hospitals start treating seriously ill patients with this drug?
    If seriously ill people start recovering - lift all restrictions and re-start economy. Yes, number of infected people will increase dramatically which should not be seen as a disaster. People get sick all the time and with the right treatment they recover. Also, only small percentage of people will get seriously ill and will end up in hospital for the Ivermectin treatment. Maybe they can even be administered at home? If treated on-time fragile people will not die from the virus.

I am not an expert but applying logic to what is happening today I believe that having an effective cure is more efficient strategy and can give long waited relief to everyone.
    Sure, vaccine research should continue as combined with the cure it will definitely clear planet from this dreadful words - "We will leave in COVID normal world". I hate that and just want to go back to normal world, is it too much to ask?

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Johnno (15-08-20)

Thanks

@fromaron, I posted this much earlier.. It's ok though, not every one reads old posts.. mainly me..
    Plus I received that sound of silence feeling for posting it. /like I was a Alien or something.. LOL

Doctor claims Ivermectin triple therapy is 'amazingly effective' in treating COVID-19.. /Read into it what you will.

Last edited by Johnno; 15-08-20 at 09:53 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

fromaron (15-08-20),wotnot (16-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Plus I received that sound of silence feeling for posting it. /like I was a Alien or something.. LOL

Next time I'll be sure to remark "Bloody aliens" =)

Still... I can explain my own silence on that one ---- firstly, I nearly didn't read it at all, having spotted the source as msn.com ....but I did skim the article 'just in case' there was any facts in evidence ; I found none.

Whenever I see something like 'Doctor claims' ....I'm immediately dismissive. Why?...medicine is a science ; you can't 'claim' anything based on anecdotal evidence of a drug doing something to cure other conditions ; you -can- hypothesize that a drug (or drugs) might be beneficial for treating other conditions, based on their performance treating known conditions, and you conduct clinical studies and trails to prove or disprove your hypothesis ; the onus on facts is very high.

I'll 'claim' that doctor is a moron, because no scientific process of proof has been undertaken...I claim flat-earthers are morons because they can't prove their claims that the Earth is flat ...even though it might look like that.

I came away from the reading, considering my first thought to be correct -- msn.com ~ hype for the masses, bullshit at it's finest, come in spinner =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (16-08-20)

Thanks

Fake News Awards goes to:

1. Newsday
    2. The New York Times
    3. The Washington Post
    4. The New York Post
    5. Los Angeles Times
    6. New York Daily News
    7. USA Today
    8. The Boston Globe
    9. CSO
    10. Chicago Tribune
    11. MSN, ABC News, Sky News, 7, 9, 10, SBS.
    And last, but not least RUSSIA COLLUSION!

Path to glory wasn’t easy aye.. LOL aliens are real, just check out the AFL tipping section.
    Last edited by Johnno; 16-08-20 at 11:52 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

wotnot (16-08-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

@fromaron, I posted this much earlier.. It's ok though, not every one reads old posts.. mainly me..
    Actually mate, I DID respond to your original suggestion. So, now who is hearing the sound of silence?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Johnno (16-08-20)

Thanks

LOL... You don't count your South Australian... Yeah Ok, You did.. Bloody aliens.. lol
    Last edited by Johnno; 16-08-20 at 02:54 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (16-08-20)

Thanks

Not sure what scientific evidence is possible to present using media?
    I see those "fake" news as calls to health officials to pay attention and research the evidence. I am yet to see our health officials investigated the possible "Fake" news and come back with statement.
    It is much easier to ignore and leave things running the way they are. Especially when no big money grabbing opportunity exist.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Johnno (17-08-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Meanwhile, up here in the sunshine state;

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (17-08-20),lsemmens (17-08-20),Mr 672A (17-08-20)

• Page 88 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast