Page 105 of 133 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    at some stage we are going to have to go back to normal and let it run its course, its not going to go away.
    But then what would the MSM have left to sensationalize and remember..............the power trip our 'betters' are on telling us how to live our lives

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    Just checked with my middle-school science-teacher wife, and yes, the scientific method is taught currently, and is in the Australian curriculum.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant the current pandemic of bad information that is producing generations of the poorly informed. The existential crisis is the millions of people laying awake at night worrying about things that aren't true, and ignoring things that are true, and probably should be worried about.
    A tardy thank you for clarifying this, but just now having an SMS chat with my 80yo mother (she reporting back that house rental/selling prices have just gone stupid up at Qld Central/Sunshine), I'm recounting the observations made.

We were positing the lack of scientific method, being part of a person's rational thought process, (and thanks for confirming it's status in AU's schooling curriculum ~ could you find out at what level of schooling this is introduced to pupils?), but I fear the problem is much deeper and far more basic --- our living example here, are those folks moving from other southerly states, to live in Qld.

In the face of a global pandemic, what is it that makes a person think moving and living in another state is going to help? In that context, you would need to move to another planet, just because of the word 'global' =)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (24-12-20),Onefella (23-12-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I am travelling without any real issues at this stage. That said, I have also adjusted my travel plans to avoid the warm spots, let alone the hotspots. Currently; I am in the NT having been through QLD from SA. I was planning on returning home via New Sick Wales and Sictoria, instead I shall be heading West. If those borders are closed, I'll just head home, if that is closed, I'll just head back to Darwin.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (24-12-20),Landytrack (24-12-20),Onefella (23-12-20),wotnot (23-12-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I am travelling without any real issues at this stage. That said, I have also adjusted my travel plans to avoid the warm spots, let alone the hotspots. Currently; I am in the NT having been through QLD from SA. I was planning on returning home via New Sick Wales and Sictoria, instead I shall be heading West. If those borders are closed, I'll just head home, if that is closed, I'll just head back to Darwin.
    Sounds like a plan -- just don't get stuck in Woop Woop =)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

I don't get it!

While USA and Europe are already vaccinating, we are still just signing deals, I thought we already did that a lot earlier this year:

So first vaccinations are to occur in March 2021, assuming our TGA approves them by then.
    A lot of bad can happen in 3 months.
    We should at least vaccinate NOW all those who are dealing with returned expats that Scomo and some of our Premiers are letting in by droves, bringing in new mutated strains that have evolved more powerful in propagation, just as I predicted earlier in this thread.
    And the new rule should be that anybody wanting to come back from countries that provide vaccination need to provide proof that they have been vaccinated.

The USA has Operation Warp Speed, we have Operation Lame Arse.
    Maybe our conservative bureaucrats need some Preparation H to get them off their chairs that are stuck to their backsides.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-12-20 at 09:43 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,074 Times in 9,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I don't get it!

While USA and Europe are already vaccinating, we are still just signing deals, I thought we already did that a lot earlier this year:

So first vaccinations are to occur in March 2021, assuming our TGA approves them by then.
    A lot of bad can happen in 3 months.
    We should at least vaccinate NOW all those who are dealing with returned expats that Scomo and some of our Premiers are letting in by droves, bringing in new mutated strains that have evolved more powerful in propagation, just as I predicted earlier in this thread.
    And the new rule should be that anybody wanting to come back from countries that provide vaccination need to provide proof that they have been vaccinated.

The USA has Operation Warp Speed, we have Operation Lame Arse.
    Maybe our conservative bureaucrats need some Preparation H to get them off their chairs that are stuck to their backsides.
    What are you on about? You want our government to abandon the medical procedures we use?

Overseas countries have death tolls that are horrific. We have death tolls that are insignificant in comparison...do you want the authorities to drop them from a cargo plane or something.

WE don't NEED to panic, they do. I'm GLAD there are procedures being put in place...calmly.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (27-12-20),tristen (24-12-20),wotnot (24-12-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    What are you on about? You want our government to abandon the medical procedures we use?

Overseas countries have death tolls that are horrific. We have death tolls that are insignificant in comparison...do you want the authorities to drop them from a cargo plane or something.

WE don't NEED to panic, they do. I'm GLAD there are procedures being put in place...calmly.
    Indeed ... most folks here in AU haven't a clue wrt 'a proper perspective' ; I was chatting with a seppo mate online last night....and we were just referencing New York and the 5 boroughs. That location has a population of roughly 18.8million people (8.3 million in NYC alone), in an area of total of about 783.8 km², and we're talking about a virus that relies upon the proximity of people with each other, as it's major means of transmission...m'kay?

For an aussie to properly visualize this...and this is just an example... you would need imagine somewhere like the Gold Coast with 414.3 km², having a population of roughly 10million people (nearly half of the population of Australia), before you got anywhere near the same scenario of disease/viral transmission other locales in the world (like NY) are experiencing. If you want an easier visualization, imagine Sydney (with an area of 12,368.2 km²), having a population of the same density as New York & the 5 boroughs -- we are talking a number greater than 100million, okay?

It is *precisely* because of Australia's population demographic, that they endeavor to contain and control the spread of this virus like they have done ; as a nation, we -should- be able to fight the spread at this level ; it's our vast area and somewhat unique demographic and low population density that makes it possible to try contain the covid19 spread as we have done.

Whether or not said containment is a good or bad thing remains polemical, as the whole event is still in process ~ later, in retrospect, we may conclude if we did the right thing or not (or whether we should've just done nothing with the herd immunity approach)

Wrt the herd immunity premise, the advent of the UK strain possibly points towards contradictory evidence that herd immunity is (ever?) going to work, but that said, the emergence of the UK strain...to me at least ... seems to be an anomaly ..ie; why just there, and nowhere else in the world, did this virus show off it's mutagenic prowess? This UK strain 'appearing' as it has, got my spidy senses tingling about the answer to the one (scientific) question just now being delved into ; where and how did covid19 come into being? Did this virus spawn on the wings of natural selection, or did some fukka make this thing in a lab? I have yet to find adequate proof that this whole covid19 isn't going to turn out to be a prelude to war .. naturally occurring or not =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (28-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Wrt the herd immunity premise, the advent of the UK strain possibly points towards contradictory evidence that herd immunity is (ever?) going to work, but that said, the emergence of the UK strain...to me at least ... seems to be an anomaly ..ie; why just there, and nowhere else in the world, did this virus show off it's mutagenic prowess? This UK strain 'appearing' as it has, got my spidy senses tingling about the answer to the one (scientific) question just now being delved into ; where and how did covid19 come into being? Did this virus spawn on the wings of natural selection, or did some fukka make this thing in a lab? I have yet to find adequate proof that this whole covid19 isn't going to turn out to be a prelude to war .. naturally occurring or not =)
    Agree with what you were saying in majority. On top of this new strain a new one in UK just been identified as even more contagious originated from South Africa. That said we have an evidence of natural mutation happening in different parts of the world.
    I am pretty sure more mutations will happen as we go. That doesn't answer the question of the first corona virus strain origin - natural or from the lab. But seeing at what speed the virus is mutating makes me think it is a natural process of mutation.
    Corona viruses are not new at all and it seems the mutation process could be the cause of the current situation.

If the virus was done in the lab then it was created by a genius or could be the result of an accidental experiment - very low probability. Can't stop thinking it was introduced by aliens .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Was listening to the local radio and some professor dude said - Spain & Italy have found Covid19 traces in blood samples going back to late 2019.
    Well before it was known. According to him, It might not have originated from China.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

and now france 24 just announced a different variant from iran ????

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Agree with what you were saying in majority. On top of this new strain a new one in UK just been identified as even more contagious originated from South Africa. That said we have an evidence of natural mutation happening in different parts of the world.
    I am pretty sure more mutations will happen as we go. That doesn't answer the question of the first corona virus strain origin - natural or from the lab. But seeing at what speed the virus is mutating makes me think it is a natural process of mutation.
    Corona viruses are not new at all and it seems the mutation process could be the cause of the current situation.

If the virus was done in the lab then it was created by a genius or could be the result of an accidental experiment - very low probability. Can't stop thinking it was introduced by aliens .

Yepyepyepyepyep - ahha aha =) Or should that be, nanoo nanoo? ...lol

Only due to the fact I had a vested interest in HCV (hepatitis C) and developing it's eventual cure (because I lived with it in my liver 30 something years), did I become part of a clinical trial (guinea-pig =) being conducted by <insert big pharma company name from the US> on a potential treatment protocol. It was during that time, I was told that'd they'd 'incidentally' created a mutation of hepatitis that would be classified as type 'G', as a result of animal experiments trying to isolate a cure for HCV... this shit happens.

Not hours after I thought it, now other locales are claiming their own variants ; is this just the result of changing testing methods, relative to new generic information they'll be discovering about the virus as research continues? Same sort of thing happened with HCV, uh-huh? Back when I was originally diagnosed, it was named non-A/non-B hepatitis, 5 years later it was named type C, 5 years after that, they discovered there was seven unique genome-subtypes ..etc. This shit happens - I was there =)

Now, right...we either have to lobby our govt. to decree we have our own AU strain of the virus (which looks green & gold under the microscope), or you gotta think...'hang on a second ~ a virus that discriminates by nationality, whether or not it's going to spontaneously mutate or not?' ... hmmm, sounds like a syfy plot or such. It's probably a safer bet, to wager how long before the 2 US strains appear.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (24-12-20),Johnno (25-12-20),Landytrack (27-12-20),lsemmens (25-12-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Is anyone noticing this stuff..... in the news -today-, we;ve got;

Now...hang on a moment, what's that last paragraph saying to me?

Does that infer that covid19 is slowly rattling through our population -anyway-, irrespective of the fact no new cases are being detected up here in Qld?

Just that Bundaberg reference alone caught my eye, because (note the date);

So... we're 6 months on in time from that juncture, Qld has been virtually covid19 free (caveat those who brought it with them) for a long time now, and they're still detecting it in the Bundaberg sewerage?

Something doesn't add up here ~ something is not being told to us.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (26-12-20),Landytrack (27-12-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Is anyone noticing this stuff.....

Something doesn't add up here ~ something is not being told to us.
    And this surprises you why??
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

wotnot (26-12-20)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

No nono no this cant be right since june these turds have had covid 19 and no one gives a shit they must be put into quarantine immediately ???? which hotel do you think the turds would be most comfortable in ? answers asap please

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    And this surprises you why??
    It doesn't ~ what might surprise me is if nobody is picking up on such...how shall we say... anecdotal evidence =)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It doesn't ~ what might surprise me is if nobody is picking up on such...how shall we say... anecdotal evidence =)
    My guess would be that they just don't want to....the security blanket is warm....

Of course there could be nothing in it...

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

wotnot (26-12-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

...So... we're 6 months on in time from that juncture, Qld has been virtually covid19 free (caveat those who brought it with them) for a long time now, and they're still detecting it in the Bundaberg sewerage?
    Quite possible, as some of those people infected might not be aware of it as they have had no obvious (to them) Covid19 symptoms.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

enf (27-12-20),Landytrack (27-12-20),wotnot (26-12-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Looking for covid19 silver linings;

Last edited by wotnot; 28-12-20 at 04:08 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-01-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Glad to see that common sense prevailed:

Instead of end of March, now mid February first locals to be vaccinated including workers dealing with international arrivals and quarantine and frontline workers, like I suggested in earlier posts.

Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-01-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Glad to see that common sense prevailed:

Instead of end of March, now mid February first locals to be vaccinated including workers dealing with international arrivals and quarantine and frontline workers, like I suggested in earlier posts.

Yes, the health authorities have completed due process to their satisfaction and not taken panicky shortcuts. The government has acted accordingly.

• Page 105 of 133 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast