Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Who are the fools ??? the world or Italy or have they just done what we should have done at first ???? yes ?>?

Thanks

Thanks

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    Who are the fools ??? the world or Italy or have they just done what we should have done at first ???? yes ?>?
    The reason for trying to slow it down by quarantine is to give time to the Hospital system to prepare for the inevitable rise in people seeking medical help.
    The virus is here, it has gone global, it's nothing to be afraid of for the healthy.
    It is something to be afraid of if you have immune system compromise, as is any other flu virus.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

loanrangiel (11-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Now that Italy has closed shop that leaves South Korea and Iran to do the same.. Iran next !!

Going to check sportsbet lol
    Last edited by Johnno; 10-03-20 at 08:15 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

gulliver (10-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    The reason for trying to slow it down by quarantine is to give time to the Hospital system to prepare for the inevitable rise in people seeking medical help.
    Also to allow time for the development of a vaccine and the immunisation of the population.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Was speaking to some Israel lads this afternoon...
    They have only been in Australia 2 weeks (So if I suddenly stop posting you know why)

They were telling me their Government imposed a 14 days forced isolation for anyone arriving in the country...

If only we could do that....

But here's a thought...
    These are just 2 people, from Israel, been here 2 weeks, already been to Sydney, Melbourne, now off to Adelaide, then Alice Springs....

It's pretty easy to see how a virus can spread
    Last edited by ol' boy; 10-03-20 at 09:43 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (11-03-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I'm glad I live in OZ!
    Last edited by lsemmens; 10-03-20 at 09:56 PM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

tristen (11-03-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,071 Times in 9,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Was speaking to some Israel lads this afternoon...
    They have only been in Australia 2 weeks (So if I suddenly stop posting you know why)

They were telling me their Government imposed a 14 days forced isolation for anyone arriving in the country...

If only we could do that....

But here's a thought...
    These are just 2 people, from Israel, been here 2 weeks, already been to Sydney, Melbourne, now off to Adelaide, then Alice Springs....

It's pretty easy to see how a virus can spread
    You just have to look at a map to see how vulnerable we are. On the bright side, we ave a basically clean and well serviced country that should cope. The worry is when and if medical personnel start getting really affected. As well as transport staff, all of whom will walk off the job if they get sick. Governments can do nothing if this happens, and just blaming them is as pointless as buying 10,000 bumf rolls.

Our complete reliance on other countries, particularly China, has shown how short sighted we have been over the past 30 years. Again, blaming governments is stupid. We all went along with it and we can now see how exposed we are.

Reading today that chest freezers are selling like mad as people stock up on food. I have always had a couple, but have been worried of late about our stupid power policies and the switch to unreliables. Freezers NEED power. I hope the old generator can cope if necessary.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (11-03-20)

Thanks

Where's that Baufang I ordered???

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    ...Again, blaming governments is stupid. We all went along with it and we can now see how exposed we are....
    Again, disagree.
    You seem to like saying it's always our fault.
    We never went along with sh*t, we saw it coming a long time ago but as usual we were ignored and never had a choice.

Give us some real options, and by that I mean ones that will work

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (11-03-20),VroomVroom (13-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    Cardiovascular Disease kills one Australian every 12 minutes.

Coronavirus killed 3 Australians in a month and there's mass panic and a shortage of sh*t paper.
    Can you get Cardiovascular Diesease from sitting next to someone on a plane?
    Who doesn't know they have it.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 11-03-20 at 07:53 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (11-03-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

Again, blaming governments is stupid. We all went along with it and we can now see how exposed we are.
    Went along with it? Umm, No. The only thing in an election in my voting years was who did I think was going to fk things up LESS than the other guy. I NEVER thought these people are going to do great things and be good leaders. NEVER.

I think saying " going along with it" is a bit like saying you went along with being marched to the gas chambers. It was either go along with that or be beaten and shot on the spot.

I couldn't be less for " Going along " with all this green emissions bullshit either but what am I supposed to do not to go along with it? Glue myself to the road the same as the other retards? I don't think I can harp against it any more than I do but that's not going to change Jack as far as what the Pollies and big biz whom are pushing the BS are going to do.

Reading today that chest freezers are selling like mad as people stock up on food. I have always had a couple, but have been worried of late about our stupid power policies and the switch to unreliables. Freezers NEED power. I hope the old generator can cope if necessary.
    I have been worried for the last couple of summers in particular about power reliability. I have done a lot of looking into the NEM and other things in the power industry and it's fking scary. I fully agree the whole Unreliable thing and the bullshit brainwashing panic over coal is leading us down a VERY dangerous and costly road.

One of the reasons I have gone so over board with solar is to build some preparedness for going off grid If I have to. Pretty much all I need is an inverter ( and I have a reasonable one now) and a forklift battery pack and I'm self sufficent. I have also built myself a Diesel generator and am working on a much larger one that would power everything I have and the neighbours place all at once. I have enough oil put away to run something for maybe 3 months, maybe longer.

That's all well and good however I know it's kind of a bandaid depending on the severity of the problem. If its just blackouts, even for a day, no worries, I'm laughing. If the grid collapses and there is a total failure, we are all in enough shit no amount of hoarded bog rolls will be enough to clean up the aftermath. That is a real possibility these days and one they are looking into which has never been considered a possibility before. If the grid collapses it would be bare minimum over a week to get it re started and Synced.

Without power you won't be able to buy anything, there will be no fuel available, no water, no phones or internet, No food, hospitals can only run on emergency gennys for -maybe- 48 hours... without power we are completely and utterly flucked.
    Look what happened in Cali when they had fires and the power co turned off the power for a week. Panic set in within days and people were in trouble quickly even though things were normal 50 Miles away. If there was no power anywhere.... Yup, Fluked!

I don't think many people realise how fragile our grid is right now Nor how it's getting weaker all the time. In 3 years I think blackouts could be worse than they were back in the '60s when everyone had candles and matches at the ready.
    Meanwhile, all the green washed cult morons keep carrying on about things in 30 years time, too damn ignorant to see they may will be without food or water right in this country in 3 years time.

I can't wait for this to happen because the people that are going to be most effected and have the least ability to be self sufficient are the inner city dwellers who are the significant majority behind all this green crap. -might- cause a few of them to have a rethink when they can't get a soy Latte, their phones have gone flat and they can't get on twitbookgramchat and the shitter won't flush no more. But, they are slow learners and ignorant to boot so it may take a few occurrences and a length of time before they wake up. Of course you don't build a power station over night either, much as that is EXACTLY what they will be screaming for having protested them for years. You won't see washing on city apartment balconies, You'll see solar panels and buckets to catch the rain.

Lot of effing good zero emissions are going to do everyone when there isn't enough food and water.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Jma (12-03-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Actually without food and water there Will be zero emissions.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (11-03-20),enf (11-03-20),shred (11-03-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NoAIR View Post
    Where's that Baufang I ordered???
    Probably the same place as my phone battery i ordered 6 weeks ago.

I'm pretty much sick of hearing about it, completely over hyped by the media and even our government. I've had malaria and i'm sure as hell its no worse than that to the majority of the population, the panic buying is just shear stupidity and unfortunately this virus wont cull the gene pool of these morons.
    Last edited by loanrangiel; 11-03-20 at 12:43 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

Tiny (11-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Lucky were dont use Overseas Backpackers to pick all out fresh Fruit and Veg

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (11-03-20),enf (11-03-20),shred (11-03-20),Thala Dan (11-03-20),Tiny (11-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Lucky were dont use Overseas Backpackers to pick all out fresh Fruit and Veg
    Ohhhhh crap..............looks like I'm buying seeds today......thats if there are any left on the shelves

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (11-03-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I don't really understand this
    Italy now on the banned list for Travel if you believe the ABC:
    Italy is letting italian nationals continue to travel, if it's for business reasons (apparently Business people don't carry the virus)

Hence, that is how Ferrari, Brembo, Pirelli, Italian FIA Officials, Italian Media, etc all got to leave Italy bound for Melbourne

They will OBVIOUSLY not be spending 14 days in isolation, as the F1 starts in 2 days!

Or is that why the ban starts at the very helpful time of 6pm tonight
    Because all the above will have landed and cleared customs by then?

What a stitch up
    Last edited by ol' boy; 11-03-20 at 03:36 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (12-03-20),hinekadon (11-03-20),lsemmens (12-03-20)

Thanks

I don't really understand this
    Italy now on the banned list for Travel if you believe the ABC:
    Italy is letting italian nationals continue to travel, if it's for business reasons (apparently Business people don't carry the virus)

Hence, that is how Ferrari, Brembo, Pirelli, Italian FIA Officials, Italian Media, etc all got to leave Italy bound for Melbourne

They will OBVIOUSLY not be spending 14 days in isolation, as the F1 starts in 2 days!

Or that why the ban starts at the very helpful time of 6pm tonight
    Because all the above will have landed and cleared customs by then?

What a stitch up
    yep interesting one because they have stated this morning that when arriving now
    if you left within the last 14days then you are not allowed in.

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

I hear on the grapevine if they didn't let Ferrari in to Australia they might as well not have the event, sounds like once again money trumps all.
    Not sure how reliable a source the grape is though

• Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast