Page 106 of 133 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

What the map actually looks like;

The same map as prepared for major news media distribution;

Not a joke, just as example of how ppl get sucked into reading/watching the 'news' by the clever use of clickbait images (and obviously the entire area of Qld west of the ranges is grossly infected =)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (08-01-21),hinekadon (08-01-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

A mutant was apparently apparently detected in Melbourne in June, but the public wasn't told.....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Some worrying information:-
    Australian authorities are seeking more information about one of the COVID-19 vaccines set to be used locally, following a warning from officials in Norway.There have been a small number of deaths among older people in Norway who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and suffered side effects.
    The Norwegian Medicines Agency last week reported a total of 29 people had experienced side effects, including 13 who died.
    All the deaths occurred among patients in nursing homes and all were over the age of 80.
    Doctors in the Scandinavian country are now being instructed to "carefully consider" who should be vaccinated.
    Australia has ordered 10 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
    Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said he had "immediately sought" more details.

Thanks

There is already one, possibly major, side effect that has been noted. Apparently the vaccine assists MS suffererers. Whilst this is probably a good thing, it is still an unforseen side effect

Thanks

Owners of private Queensland airport propose purpose-built quarantine facility.

A coronavirus quarantine facility in southern Queensland has been put to the state government in a detailed proposal, the ABC can reveal.

Construction firm Wagners has submitted the plan to use its Wellcamp airport, just west of Toowoomba, as the landing point for some of the Australians stranded overseas.

Chairman John Wagner revealed the idea for a 1000-room quarantine facility to ABC News, which would need to be built from scratch on vacant land close to the airport.

He said arriving passengers would be transferred there by bus.

“We can get them off the plane and be in their accommodation facility in less than five minutes,” Mr Wagner said.

“There would be no interaction with our staff, there would be no interaction with the general public and there would be no interaction with our terminal.

“We believe that it’s a much smarter and safer and cost-efficient operation than what they’ve currently got going.”

Mr Wagner said the proposal included another 300 rooms for staff who would live on-site, COVID-19 testing facilities, kitchens, CCTV and fencing around the perimeter.

“It would be a very tightly controlled environment, and that way we can keep this virus under control,” he said.

“People can come into this country and not have any interaction with the public whatsoever, and go straight to their facility and stay in a nice room with fresh air.”

He described the proposed complex as “upmarket” and estimated the project would create up to 400 construction jobs, but he would not reveal the cost.

“That’s commercial in confidence, but it’s a significant build cost,” he said.

Travellers returned to Queensland complete their mandatory 14-day quarantine at hotels in Brisbane’s inner city.

But the state government has been looking at options in regional Queensland, since the recent single case of the UK variant sent the Greater Brisbane region into a three-day lockdown.

A mining camp near Gladstone is one potential location and a government spokeswoman confirmed Wellcamp was another.

Mr Wagner said a team of government and Queensland Health officials had already visited the proposed site.

The Wellcamp airport was opened in late 2014, with the Wagners footing the $200 million construction bill, making it the first privately funded airport built in Australia.

It takes passengers to domestic destinations and there are three international freight flights a week to Hong Kong and Singapore.

The airport took just 19 months to build, but John Wagner is suggesting an even quicker turnaround for the quarantine facility.

“This would be built from the ground up in the next four to five weeks,” he said.

“Up here in Toowoomba, we work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we actually achieve things quite quickly.”

The state government is preparing a formal submission to the Prime Minister.

A spokeswoman for the Premier said it was still being finalised.
    see

Seem to remember making a similar suggestion some while ago, seems a good idea, provide work building the facility and safety for the community by keeping those in quarantine out of the city centre where errors lead to the whole community getting locked down.
    Also some countries are likely to have the virus well after we have eliminated it here, so such a facility would ensure continuation of the education dollar and eventually the tourist dollar, to say nothing of a safe way to bring Australians in infected countries home.

Such facilities in multiple locations near international airports could be a longer term goal if this virus stays around for years.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 25-01-21 at 10:20 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

I am not really one for News.Com.Au, they're reporting:
    An explosion of new COVID-19 strains is shaking the world.

I must be COVID19 tested everyday due to my work.... The government tester this week informed me a particular brand of the vaccine can be modified to adapt to new strains.

<snip> .... mutation and the recent reports of virus variants from the Kingdom of Denmark, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and the Republic of South Africa have raised interest and concern in the impact of viral changes.

• National scientific teams are studying the effect of the mutations on reinfection potential, vaccination, diagnostic testing, infection-severity and transmissibility

Source: World Health Organisation. Link is .

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Agree with what you were saying in majority. On top of this new strain a new one in UK just been identified as even more contagious originated from South Africa. That said we have an evidence of natural mutation happening in different parts of the world.
    I am pretty sure more mutations will happen as we go. That doesn't answer the question of the first corona virus strain origin - natural or from the lab. But seeing at what speed the virus is mutating makes me think it is a natural process of mutation.
    Corona viruses are not new at all and it seems the mutation process could be the cause of the current situation.

If the virus was done in the lab then it was created by a genius or could be the result of an accidental experiment - very low probability. Can't stop thinking it was introduced by aliens .
    You're spot on there ;-)

This thing will be around for a while longer yet. Even airlines are not predicting COVID19 safe international travel until 2022.

The New York Intelligencer Magazine is reporting COVID-19 "has at least two key mutations that may make the strain more transmissible and better able to reinfect COVID survivors as well as render vaccines less effective."

The mutant strain "
    has a spike [in] protein mutation that may make the variant more infectious."

"
    More research is needed, but for now it seems like would be that the vaccines would still prevent serious illness from the variants but might be less effective at preventing a mild or asymptomatic infection from them."

Source: New York Intelligencer Magazine. The whole article is quite a good and educational read.
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/what-we-know-about-the-p1-variant-of-the-coronavirus.html

Link above is to the New York Times.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

of deaths from all sources per country, quite interesting - and scary!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (07-02-21),mkhannah (05-02-21),RogerTheDoger (06-02-21),Tiny (06-02-21),wotnot (05-02-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

The Mutations are now getting seriously out of hand:

[QUOTE] Brazil is now home to hundreds of new Covid-19 variants, researchers said, warning that other more dangerous versions could emerge the longer the disease is left to fester and mutate, threatening to undermine the progress of other countries against the pandemic.
    [
    /QUOTE]

A recent study showed P.1 to be 1.4 to 2.2 times more contagious than versions of the virus previously found in Brazil, and 25% to 61% more capable of reinfecting people.
    Also now showing signs that one variant may be immune to some vaccines:

A laboratory study this week showed that Pfizer Inc.’s vaccine was able to neutralize P.1. However, another small study showed this month that plasma from people vaccinated five months ago with CoronaVac “failed to efficiently neutralize” the strain.

This is what happens when a country's leader doesn't take the virus seriously.
    Luckily for another American country who's leader also just called it a flu but have been able to 'efficiently neutralize that leader', now seem to be on the road to recovery.

The Brazilian leader also doesn't give a rats if their variants spread to the world, everybody free to spread their shit around.
    AFAIK their government doesn't even have a vaccine program. Their Doctors are on their own trying to source it from somewhere.
    Evolution will eventually create a monster, unless the world kicks in and does something very fast there.
    Unfortunately I don't expect any timely reaction from the bureaucratic WHO.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 11-03-21 at 12:59 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Of course, Fester, dEvolution is "survival of the fittest". Those that don't get vaccinated will, either, survive, of be killed off. Those who are vaccinated, at least, have a chance of survival. If you are stupid enough to think that you are strong enough to "tough it out", there's a good chance you won't need to fight any other infection, ever again.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

We are not men, we are devo.....

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

Reschs (11-03-21),Tiny (12-03-21),wotnot (11-03-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

!!... I was just watching that...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Of course, Fester, dEvolution is "survival of the fittest". Those that don't get vaccinated will, either, survive, of be killed off. Those who are vaccinated, at least, have a chance of survival. If you are stupid enough to think that you are strong enough to "tough it out", there's a good chance you won't need to fight any other infection, ever again.
    Initially I had hoped that all the republican morons would refuse to vaccinate and eventually devo themselves but unfortunately that is not how it works here.

This virus gets stronger(contagious) the more it has the chance to breed.
    The more contagious it becomes the more chance it has to mutate.
    THAT is why it is so different to a common flu virus.

It might be like one in a thousand or even a million mutated genetic codes, where one becomes more more infectious but we see now that it really happens, therefore the chance that a mutated strain becomes unresponsive to the current types of vaccines can not be ruled out, as has been allegedly observed with one of the China vaccines.

As it would take years to vaccinate the whole world, the virus will always have the upper hand even when we keep finding new vaccines that match the 'upgraded' virus.

Solution: Australian borders stay closed indefinitely and we become the only species of mankind that survives. I am temped to put a smiley there but maybe this might not be a joke.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 11-03-21 at 11:06 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (19-03-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

It's kind of interesting it's all being presented as locale specific mutation, rather than some other physiological factor...ie; sex, blood type, etc etc. That sort of thing gets my syfy mind tingling, because I can't see what I'm seeing ~ is it mutating, based on climate, geographical location, or living conditions? Or is it mutating, in the sense of every different 'breed' (race) of human being, is being individually targeted? I would never, ever have thought it possible to, say, engineer a biological weapon that specifically targeted just one breed of animal, but stuff like this can make you wonder just how possible something like that could be. Eventually we'll find out I guess.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (12-03-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    It's kind of interesting it's all being presented as locale specific mutation, rather than some other physiological factor...ie; sex, blood type, etc etc. That sort of thing gets my syfy mind tingling, because I can't see what I'm seeing ~ is it mutating, based on climate, geographical location, or living conditions? Or is it mutating, in the sense of every different 'breed' (race) of human being, is being individually targeted? I would never, ever have thought it possible to, say, engineer a biological weapon that specifically targeted just one breed of animal, but stuff like this can make you wonder just how possible something like that could be. Eventually we'll find out I guess.
    Maybe that's what was being researched in the first place....who knows. We're not even supposed to call it the China virus according to sleepy Joe.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

It's kind of interesting it's all being presented as locale specific mutation,
    What that means is that there is a mutation in the DNA of the virus, that was first found in that location.

Thanks

~ is it mutating, based on climate, geographical location, or living conditions? Or is it mutating, in the sense of every different 'breed' (race) of human being, is being individually targeted?
    No, none of above.
    The facts show that the new variations mutated in completely different parts of the world, quite randomly like the UK, Russia, South Africa, South America and 7 variants from the USA.
    There is no discrimination here and we have all seen that these variants are just as contagious when they reach other countries and races.

There is only one reason to explain the advantageous mutations and that is simply allowing it to breed a lot.
    The fact that we don't have an advantageous mutated Australian variant confirms that as we didn't allow it to breed enough.
    No SciFi, no engineering, no conspiracy BS, just plain boring propagation and that is also how it started, a corona virus that mutated from an animal to the ability to infect humans.
    Where that first happened is currently unknown but it is said to be likely in Asia.

You can't engineer mutations, they are random and almost unpredictable when the virus replicates.
    You can engineer a virus but these mutations could destroy all your work.
    If I were to actually engineer a virus, I would ensure that it's code is so rock solid duplicated that mutations(errors while replicating) would have little effect.
    But then even a 12y/o would see that it is engineered.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 12-03-21 at 02:37 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (12-03-21),wotnot (12-03-21)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Heres A theory for consideration India has a massive want for oxygen to relieve sufferers of covid 19 ? so the application of a little outside the box thought and up comes a simple solution make the air breath have more atoms of oxygen in it now thats not as hard as producing oxygen and putting it into big steel bottles and transporting it all over the world ok how ? make some kilo-volts and apply it to some capacitance so we have to make some caps as well ok stainless mesh for plates and china dinner plates about the right dimensions for a start ! NOW OZONE IS EXTREMELY CORROSIVE
    caution to use stainless every where necessary turn on the volts and buzz buzz we ozone comes out of the gaps between the plates ( heaps of it ) and then to tune to max by ear and smell add weight to the plates with bricks untill you are getting a peak of current as the ozone goes through the house and the wife complains ? what that smell? you have made ozone so suck it up and google how well it cleans up viruses but we are controlled by pharmos shhhh keep your voice down dont tell anyone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    Heres A theory for consideration India has a massive want for oxygen to relieve sufferers of covid 19 ? so the application of a little outside the box thought and up comes a simple solution make the air breath have more atoms of oxygen in it now thats not as hard as producing oxygen and putting it into big steel bottles and transporting it all over the world ok how ? make some kilo-volts and apply it to some capacitance so we have to make some caps as well ok stainless mesh for plates and china dinner plates about the right dimensions for a start ! NOW OZONE IS EXTREMELY CORROSIVE
    caution to use stainless every where necessary turn on the volts and buzz buzz we ozone comes out of the gaps between the plates ( heaps of it ) and then to tune to max by ear and smell add weight to the plates with bricks untill you are getting a peak of current as the ozone goes through the house and the wife complains ? what that smell? you have made ozone so suck it up and google how well it cleans up viruses but we are controlled by pharmos shhhh keep your voice down dont tell anyone
    The only flaw I can see in your idea is that Ozone is bad for us to breathe and be exposed to... You'll kill more viruses with it, but it would probably kill us before it killed the viruses.

Edit: Pass it on to Trump, he'd probably take up the idea.
    Last edited by bob_m_54; 27-04-21 at 04:29 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (28-04-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    The only flaw I can see in your idea is that Ozone is bad for us to breathe and be exposed to... You'll kill more viruses with it, but it would probably kill us before it killed the viruses.

Edit: Pass it on to Trump, he'd probably take up the idea.
    He's already on oxygen from breathing fumes off the bleach.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (27-04-21),Uncle Fester (28-04-21)

• Page 106 of 133 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast