Page 66 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Victoria and NSW Ski Season??

With 1000's of surfers free to go driving for a surf and they sure do not keep min distance when all crammed together at the take off.
    All under the umbrella of Exercise

What about people that live in the Alpine regions?
    You free to go snowboarding?

Not to mention the economic loss to those resorts
    Not to mention many of these areas were hit hard with the Bushfires and could use some money

Ofcourse, the flip side, lots of people in these small communities won't want the masses from Melbourne possibly infesting thier towns

I guess as Resort Lifts Companies are a business, it will be closed on those grounds

Interesting, as Mountain Access Passes and Lift Passes have all been "Contactless" for years now

Social distancing isn't hard on the mountain, the lift cue is another story
    Yeah, what a disaster
    Last edited by ol' boy; 06-05-20 at 10:16 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Victoria and NSW Ski Season??
    Ofcourse, the flip side, lots of people in these small communities won't want the masses from Melbourne possibly investing thier towns
    I would say lots of people WOULD want masses INVESTING in their towns for the reason you describe.
    Invading or infecting their towns may be a different matter.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (06-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yes, Typo there

Will be interesting to see how this pans out
    No doubt it will divide peoples opinions

Looks like all resorts are just following and waiting on Government announcements

Pretty hard considering Accom was booked months ago if not last year
    Staff all up in the air..... Wow, what crazy time for them and anyone left paying the bills.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 06-05-20 at 10:21 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Be quick to view.. This is about to get deleted... Boom!!

Premium Member
    Thanks

^^^^^ Bahahahahaha and The World Trade Centre was a levelled with a planned explosive

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Johnno (06-05-20),lsemmens (06-05-20)

Thanks

Hehe.. Didn't watch it all myself, had to get back to work...thought I would share more conspiracy theory's lol
    Building 7 collapse always had me thinking.. lol

Thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to kclar For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-05-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,962 Times in 9,059 Posts

Get screwed by China and then let them buy it all up?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Geez, the USA has really taken the ball and run with this
    Although their case per million is still not as high as other countries.
    Still, 1 million current active cases... WOW!!!!

With so much testing over there, i'd be interested to know how they count a person that tests positive for the Antibodies?

Is that considered "Recovered" and hence considered another case?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 08-05-20 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks

LOL..

• The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-05-20),enf (08-05-20),Godzilla (08-05-20),kclar (10-05-20),Landytrack (10-05-20),lsemmens (08-05-20),ol' boy (08-05-20),shred (08-05-20),Tiny (08-05-20),TVguy (17-05-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

The first phase of restriction lifting start on Monday for some states.

States have announced when they will start step one of the Prime Minister’s three-step plan for Australia to reopen, with one beginning as early as Monday.

See the list state by state at
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Johnno (09-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I was all for this lockdown at the beginning.
    The idea was to flatten the curve, IE, so hospitals and medical facilities weren't over whelmed. It's more than clear this has been achieved and the numbers haven't come within a Bulls roar of predictions. It seems the goal posts keep moving and the prevention moves are not at all equal to the risk and the outcomes.

I'm in a High risk group. Just because I'm Vulnerable does not in my mind mean that everyone else who has every chance of brushing this off should be locked up as well.
    The whole lockdown/ Restrictions have been largely a farce to me. As I have said umpteen times, Can't sit on a beach or in a park but can still pack in a bus or a train. Kids are still able to pack into class rooms and play in the play ground and I'll bet my arse they aren't staying 1.5M apart and it would be pointless if they did after being in class rooms the other 5 hours of the day. My wife and Daughter are still going to work so if they get it, chances are I could be dead before they even know.

The other thing is, I have not only not heard of anyone I know getting it, But I haven't heard of any that knows a someone's Brothers sisters uncles cousin twice removed getting it either. The people whom I have heard of Dying from it are a bunch of poor oldies that were locked up and not allowed to go out and it cleaned up what? 15 of the poor buggers?
    Then there is the meat works where it went through so ..... what do you do?

I really don't give a rats what the restrictions are now. I'm going to my Dads on Tuesday for a while because he needs things done and help. We have waited and put things off but time is up. Can't wait any longer so I'm going. ATM there is more chance of him ending up in a bad way though me staying away than going to help him. Would have been up there and was planning to be up there at least twice now.

I realise one does not want to let their guard down too early and have a Crisis but it also seems that one of the worst cases of the infection, the death ship Princess has been dealt with and things are quite stable. The other thing I have mentioned repeatedly is the aircraft still coming in from all over. Month ago I was told that was Aussies coming home. If they are not home by now, where the fk have they been and why are they coming home this late in the piece? Sorry, we should be closed, stay where the fk you are if you haven't bothered to get your ase back a month ago if not well before! And NO they are not fking cargo's coming in, They don't show on the arrivals board. Anything on there is passengers. There was about 15 OS flights came into sydney this morning before 9am.

I saw about 500 " Australians" came in from India today. The report I saw showed these " Australians" were fking Currys with an Australian passport that had probably been on one of their to and fro trips to their real home. 500 More hotel bills for the Gulliblement to pay for.
    Lets Lock the BORDERS down properly which is the greatest risk of all and then open the country back up. If we don't soon, there will be Fk all left to open up and what is open no one will have any money for anyway.

Sure the china weaponised Flu is out there but to me, the Prevention, not even the cure, is far worse than the Disease.
    Make the Vulnerable sickos like me take responsibility for themselves and let the rest of the people off the leash to carry on with their lives.

I'd like to see the risk stats right now of catching the Chicom Flu. I'm thinking it's somewhere round tripping on the footpath and hurting yourself and being in a car accident on the way to work.
    Definite and absolute possibility, but not a risk so great it justifys the actions we are seeing.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

fromaron (08-05-20),Landytrack (10-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

How some Americans feels about the Lockdown being lifted

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (09-05-20),Johnno (09-05-20),lsemmens (09-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Well, what do we predict will happen with the easing of "Lockdown"?

I'm sure the Country is hemorrhaging from welfare payments, so they are between a rock and hard place

But if some other countries are anything to go by, the first few days of freedom have seen infection number climbing

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I'm sure the Country is hemorrhaging from welfare payments, so they are between a rock and hard place

But if some other countries are anything to go by, the first few days of freedom have seen infection number climbing
    where dis?
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

The numbers of infected will rise again.
    There are a lot of people that haven't been exposed to it yet.
    Once people start travelling and congregating in numbers again it's only a matter of time.
    I imagine this is also the reason restrictions are only being partially lifted, in Queensland anyway from May 15th, not sure about anywhere else.
    Once again to try and avoid the overwhelming of health services all at once.
    Last edited by Jma; 09-05-20 at 05:34 PM. Reason: more info

Thanks

So lets look at this pragmatically, just how dangerous is this thing??

As of today the death toll from this disease in Qld is 6

Lives lost to road accidents this year so far 71 ( https://www.webcrash.transport.qld.gov.au/webcrash2/external/daupage/weekly/roadsense.pdf)

Total people dignosed in QLD 1045 so a fatality rate of under 0.6%

As a comparison 2019 flu season in Qld 264 deaths with 68148 confirmed diagnosis a nominal rate of about 0.3%,( ) however a huge % of flu cases are never lab diagnosed, some would say 60 - 80% not diagnosed, lets be conservative & say 50% thus the real flu fatality rate is about 0.6% - basically the same as this - we have to kill the economy - super dangerous bug.

As a matter of interest how many people have been hospitalised from car crashes in the last 100 days, I can't say for certain, however I can say - extropolated from 2019 figure 3 month period about 1300

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    I imagine this is also the reason restrictions are only being partially lifted, in Queensland anyway from May 15th, not sure about anywhere else.
    Try the link in , scroll down it's summarised state by state.

See the list state by state at
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Jma (10-05-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    So lets look at this pragmatically, just how dangerous is this thing??

As of today the death toll from this disease in Qld is 6

Lives lost to road accidents this year so far 71 ( https://www.webcrash.transport.qld.gov.au/webcrash2/external/daupage/weekly/roadsense.pdf)

Total people dignosed in QLD 1045 so a fatality rate of under 0.6%

As a comparison 2019 flu season in Qld 264 deaths with 68148 confirmed diagnosis a nominal rate of about 0.3%,( ) however a huge % of flu cases are never lab diagnosed, some would say 60 - 80% not diagnosed, lets be conservative & say 50% thus the real flu fatality rate is about 0.6% - basically the same as this - we have to kill the economy - super dangerous bug.

As a matter of interest how many people have been hospitalised from car crashes in the last 100 days, I can't say for certain, however I can say - extropolated from 2019 figure 3 month period about 1300

Sounds like you want to take your chances & get the virus, see what happens.
    Unfortunately it's a bit of a gamble.
    Sick & elderly are likely to die, but some otherwise fit & healthy people will die too, you could be one of them.

A friend of mine who, lives in Europe & middle aged, is fit & healthy, no pre-existing conditions, contracted the virus Covid19, has no idea where he contacted it, then within a few days of testing positive, was admitted to hospital with SARS-2 which progressed to ARDS, so they put him in an induced coma for 16 days while on the ventilator.
    He has since been brought out of the deep sleep, ventilator removed & can just breath on his own for the last 2 weeks, he was very confused for the first 10 days out of the coma & off the ventilator. Family & friends have been able to help him understand what happened.
    He lost 20kg of muscle mass & still can't sit in a chair for more than a few minutes, as it burns up too much of his energy & oxygen levels.
    He can now communicate with me directly, but for 1 month I could only communicate with his daughter, to understand his condition & progress.
    No idea how long his rehab will take to get back to some kind of reasonable fitness level.

You may think it's just the flu, good luck with that.
    I don't want it & will do what's necessary to protect myself from it.
    Last edited by Tiny; 09-05-20 at 07:03 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

enf (09-05-20),fandtm666 (09-05-20),fred49au (10-05-20),Jma (10-05-20),Landytrack (10-05-20),LeroyPatrol (09-05-20),lsemmens (10-05-20),Mr 672A (10-05-20),ol' boy (10-05-20),Rocket (11-05-20),shred (09-05-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Thanks for being so candid about your friend, Tiny. It is an insidious disease. I had to say good bye to the love of my life tonight and that had nothing to do with COVID. She has been ill for years, so I have been awaiting this day for a loooong time. Those who get COVID have little or no warning, and those who love them often have no chance to say goodbye.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (11-05-20),efab (10-05-20),fandtm666 (10-05-20),hoe (10-05-20),LeroyPatrol (10-05-20),Mr 672A (11-05-20),ol' boy (10-05-20),tristen (11-05-20),VroomVroom (11-05-20)

• Page 66 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast