Page 71 of 133 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post

The real concern is our Politicians should be investigated for treason when they make and allow laws to sell off this Country.
    Time for us to find other markets. Maybe non communist markets.
    I agree 1000%. I'm surprised the polies in this country either Labor and the Liberial have not tried to sell the air we breath. We need a strong leader with no or little opposition and the GREENS the GREENS should be scrubbed out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (21-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Yup, you'd have to be blind not to see what China are doing here....

Send these farmers to the wall, then swoop in and buy the farms up cheap.
    I hope our Gov is protecting our sovereignty.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Yup, you'd have to be blind not to see what China are doing here....

Send these farmers to the wall, then swoop in and buy the farms up cheap.
    I hope our Gov is protecting our sovereignty.
    You are about 40 years too late to notice that.
    Our fate with China was sealed in the 1980's when (almost) nobody cared.

Today without China we would be suddenly a hopeless 3rd world country.

Well at least we got barley now to make some beer, but who the hell actually owns our breweries now? Pretty sure some Asian country is involved too.

We can be lucky China doesn't pump our air away and replace it with theirs but for a buck to bring the budget back in black I am sure the Coalition would agree to that too.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Tiny (20-05-20),wotnot (20-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

You are about 40 years too late to notice that.
    Our fate with China was sealed in the 1980's when (almost) nobody cared.
    Exactly, and nor was it a local phenomena... pretty much all the nations got undermined at the same time... horse bolted about a decade ago...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

We can be lucky China doesn't pump our air away and replace it with theirs but for a buck to bring the budget back in black I am sure the Coalition would agree to that too.
    Hahaha...from what I've been reading from the Victorian ALP, Rudd, Carr and Co, it's the Labor party that is more likely to do that. Each Way is still sitting on the fence on this one where he is on just about everything....

Interesting times...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (21-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    We could easily respond by re-possessing all of Chinese assets in Aust. Starting with the ports.
    Well, they have a get out of jail card, what's the bet the greased palms stay under their bums

The clause in the Port of Darwin lease, renders the deal null and void in the case of a national security emergency.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

Here we go again !!

Fears of new coronavirus outbreak in Chinese region of 100million people after two cities went into Wuhan-style lockdown.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

DB44 (21-05-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

If we want to put China on notice, all we ave to do is announce a review of baby formula, gas and iron ore export and pricing to chinahh.
    Then lets see how much they want to rattle the sabre.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (22-05-20)

Thanks

I see on the news tonight there is a problem with the China Flu Cr app not tracking properly.
    Wow, what a surprise!
    Only last week they admitted a whole load of security breaches with people personal information but don't worry, the Crapp will keep us all protected!

I also saw the latest cash cow from all this, Thermal Imaging cameras to be placed at the entrances of.... everywhere apparently. I ca see a bunch of places, particularly gubbermint departments, going overboard on this with the China flu to be nothing but a memory in 12 Months time.
    Of curse the Chinesees will copy the tech and be producing cheap knockoffs within 3 Months.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thermal Imaging cameras to be placed at the entrances of.... everywhere apparently.
    Coming to your local supermarket and shopping center soon! All airports of course, and don't forget public transport. Be ok if I was joking...

Premium Member
    Thanks

So while the world media is reporting there is 5,000,000 + confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 333,000 deaths from it.

Let's look at another picture with numbers.

Australia is ranked a lonely 92nd on the current Active Cases charts
    The only western countries doing better are New Zealand and South Korea (how did SK do that?)

Australia currently has 525 known infected patients and of them, 9 are serious.

Premium Member
    Thanks

(how did SK do that?)
    The whole country/population lives in a constant state of preparedness, because NK

I'm now considering just how much money is going to be spent on a search for the political scape-goat (at a global level), when in fact this could well be merely natural occurrence, and an example of viral evolution.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    The whole country/population lives in a constant state of preparedness, because NK
    Exactly....plus their own government keeps them on a short leash. 50+ million....pretty good.

As for the kiwis, what? <5 million odd, and easy small borders. Do they have ego driven state presiden.....errr....premiers to deal with? I don't know.
    I'm now considering just how much money is going to be spent on a search for the political scape-goat (at a global level), when in fact this could well be merely natural occurrence, and an example of viral evolution.
    Naaaah, China f*cked up and needs to be called out. Or they didn't and did it deliberately. Either way they need to be called out.

New cases in China have revealed that the virus is taking longer than before to demonstrate symptoms, and takes longer to pass. Not good news for the now power mad el presidente premiers who are desperate to maintain their fiefdoms and prop up failing universities that have unsustainable business models. IMHO they are doing more damage to the economy and the cohesion of this nation than the Chinese pestilence. They did fine until they had to take real responsibility and make real decisions themselves. Now their egos have emerged dominant and they've shown they are incapable.

When will we ever learn....sigh!
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Of course the flip side to our low numbers, is our level of exposure.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (21-05-20),hinekadon (21-05-20),Tiny (21-05-20),william10 (21-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

China hooking into our Iron Ore now, bahahaha

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (21-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Coming to your local supermarket and shopping center soon! All airports of course, and don't forget public transport. Be ok if I was joking...
    Where there's a buck to be made...............................I wonder how many high level pin heads/polies make a killing buying shares/partnering business's

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (21-05-20)

Thanks

China hooking into our Iron Ore now, bahahaha
    That's a complete and utter bluff. I was looking into that earlier in the week. The only other place they can get the grade of ore we have is Brazil and they aren't politically stable or reliable atm. Chinaaah will be fked without iron ore to make all their machinery among other products.

Lets Put our own tariff on gas and baby formula as well and see how they like that.
    Also saw the US is backing us with that. I think Trump is just looking for an excuse to have another trade war with the chinks so lets see how they go with that as well.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (21-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Trouble is, can we afford a long term fight with China?

Thanks

Trouble is, can we afford a long term fight with China?
    I'd ask if we can afford to keep having a dependence on china and making our own position weaker as we make them stronger?

I Think we should start looking at other markets and developing them rather than just being comfortable with the current Chinaaahh dependence.
    We can gradual develop these other markets for our exports at the same time as cranking up our own manufacturing and independence.
    Oz was a strong manufacturing Country up until the 80's and no reason we still can't be. We have all the resources that Chinaahh are fked without and we certainly have the labor and the space to ramp up a lot of our industry.

First ting we should do is is remove and Bullship environmental/ emissions restrictions. No, we don't want to be pouring oil and chemicals in rivers but we all know there are unlimited useless standards that only serve to undermine any useful industry and give a lot of useless people a Gubbermint job of Polishing a seat with their arses.

I think a little short term pain will bring a lot of long term gain and lets face it, we can't have any more pain than what we have now So I suggest the best time to grow a pair and start changing direction is right now.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

enf (21-05-20),Mr 672A (22-05-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    .................................................. .......................

I think a little short term pain will bring a lot of long term gain and lets face it, we can't have any more pain than what we have now So I suggest the best time to grow a pair and start changing direction is right now.
    Absolutely.....

• Page 71 of 133 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast