Page 72 of 133 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2647

Thread: Coronavirus

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-05-20),hinekadon (23-05-20),Landytrack (24-05-20),lsemmens (22-05-20),Mr 672A (22-05-20),ol' boy (25-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

2020 Snow Season

What about snow sports? Can I travel to get there?

Snow sports can continue. Use of shared sporting equipment should be minimised and there should be no sharing of equipment that touches the face or head (e.g. helmets, goggles or masks). Travel is allowed only for permitted activities and includes day trips but no overnight stays. As always, Victorians are being asked to use common sense when it comes to travelling.

Will be interesting, i see Falls and Hotham are already alluring to use of the COVIDSafe App.

No Official word from resorts yet.

I can imagine Day Trips only with social distancing at lifts

At the same time

Victoria has recorded 12 new cases of coronavirus.
    Five are linked to the Cedar Meats abattoir in Melbourne, four are in hotel quarantine and two were from community screening.
    The final case is still under investigation.

China take aim at our Coal Exports now too....

Maybe it is time we stopped selling our resources and food to them and our land.
    And start in-acting reposension of China owned Australian land
    Last edited by ol' boy; 22-05-20 at 10:18 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (23-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Maybe it is time we stopped selling our resources and food to them and our land.
    Waste of time ~ they've been setting up for decades, we can't hurt them -- it would take a concerted effort wherein all nations agreed to take them to task...and then perhaps I think that's what they want.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Waste of time ~ they've been setting up for decades, we can't hurt them -- it would take a concerted effort wherein all nations agreed to take them to task...and then perhaps I think that's what they want.
    Yup, they were already sourcing Iron Ore from cheaper locations a few years ago i thought.

You do it for the same reason they have, spite and you can.
    Make new arrangements with other developing eastern countries
    Last edited by ol' boy; 22-05-20 at 11:16 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

I think a little short term pain will bring a lot of long term gain and lets face it, we can't have any more pain than what we have now So I suggest the best time to grow a pair and start changing direction is right now.
    I agree 100%. Sometime I think that this Covid-19 in one way has saved us and it sad to say that because if their was no covid 19 years would have gone past China would have become stronger and stronger until the whole world would have see what is happening and it would be to late but know as China has showed their cards early what they are like only a fool country will trust them again. I say for all Countries GET out of China NOW refuse to deal with them. I dont give a F.ck why you guy think but I'm doing my small bit and try to buy anything away from China. Yes I know most of the time parts inside could be made in China but I will try to buy Australia first then any other country but not China.

WARNING!!!!.Just noticed that the item that I got from China for a ebay seller months ago is now listed here in Sydney Regents Park Something smells here, Yes the same link that I have in my watch list in ebay was CHINA and now Regents Park.
    Anyhow I bought the same Made in Australia possible with China electronic parts.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    WARNING!!!!.Just noticed that the item that I got from China for a ebay seller months ago is now listed here in Sydney Regents Park Something smells here, Yes the same link that I have in my watch list in ebay was CHINA and now Regents Park.
    Anyhow I bought the same Made in Australia possible with China electronic parts.
    Sydney, Regents Park, Chullora, WA, NT, economy all owned and controlled by Chinese.
    I think Greedy Norman accelerated that with his 10% tariff as well.

As I indicated before, we are stuffed without China and we are 40 years too late to do anything about that... lets say it could take another 40 years to attempt get out of it but we would be blown up long before that.
    Currently China is winning all war games and USA doing bad, well when have they ever done good since WW2?
    I don't trust the USA for one second to REALLY protect us if the simulations would turn to real, no matter which president.

China currently practising on HK for their next steps:
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 22-05-20 at 01:02 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Yeah....but they have no more territorial demands...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

. lets say it could take another 40 years to attempt get out of it but we would be blown up long before that.
    Currently China is winning all war games and USA doing bad, well when have they ever done good since WW2?
    I don't trust the USA for one second to REALLY protect us if the simulations would turn to real, no matter which president.

Yes saw the Hong Kong last night. Whats next Taiwan.
    The only way to stop this if the whole western world to gangs up against China and if this start WW3 so be it because when there is confusion there is profit so when the western worlds is busy getting rid of China the Russian will say Hummmmmmm lets see what we can get out of this or be involved and at the same time North Korea (USA is busy elsewhere) will attack South Korea than Japan will defend there land although at the same time Japan is with the western world and whist the WAR is raging Iran will attack the puppets of America in the gulf then Israel will be involved and this alone will make WW2 look like nothing.
    The World cannot leave China as it is because if nothing is done our children will be involved in the worst war that the Planet has seen. I say anything 10 to 30 years it will be on and the Greta Thunberg will say "HOW DARE YOU" TO HAVE THE PLANET BLOW UP and it will not the Climate that she is complaining about.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Yes saw the Hong Kong last night. Whats next Taiwan.
    The only way to stop this if the whole western world to gangs up against China and if this start WW3 so be it because when there is confusion there is profit so when the western worlds is busy getting rid of China the Russian will say Hummmmmmm lets see what we can get out of this or be involved and at the same time North Korea (USA is busy elsewhere) will attack South Korea than Japan will defend there land although at the same time Japan is with the western world and whist the WAR is raging Iran will attack the puppets of America in the gulf then Israel will be involved and this alone will make WW2 look like nothing.
    The World cannot leave China as it is because if nothing is done our children will be involved in the worst war that the Planet has seen. I say anything 10 to 30 years it will be on and the Greta Thunberg will say "HOW DARE YOU" TO HAVE THE PLANET BLOW UP and it will not the Climate that she is complaining about.
    There is one problem with your WW3 prediction: Australia.

The Majors will not nuke each other but to send the USA a message China just has to drop a few nukes on our major cities.
    What do you think the USA will do about it?
    They are too self centred (aren't we all are?) to take any risks and nuke back. China knows that.
    I know I have said it a before that a proxy nuclear war could happen on Australian soil but I can't say it enough because I realistically see nothing that would stop China from attempting it, if WW3 against China breaks out.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

There is one problem with your WW3 prediction: Australia.

The Majors will not nuke each other but to send the USA a message China just has to drop a few nukes on our major cities.
    They are too self centred (aren't we all are?) to take any risks and nuke back. China knows that.
    I know I have said it a before that a proxy nuclear war could happen on Australian soil but I can't say it enough because I realistically see nothing that would stop China from attempting it, if WW3 against China breaks out.
    Even china spelt with lower case c that what I feel abut them china a issue with Sri Lanka for God sake Sri Lanka what other Country have they not has issue with. I would like to see the List of all the Countries that china has pissed off lately. Its about time that Australia get a back bone a under National Security remove the GREENS out of Parliament (hate the Greens as most do) get some Nuclear Subs forget the Diesal rubbish that the GREENS WANTED and buy some Nuclear weapons like Israel did.
    As For what the US will do if Australia is every attacked in any way nuks or not I expect 75% the US to come to our defense same as the rest of the Western World because it would be in there interest to do this otherwise the cHINA will grow some large balls and dictate to the rest of World.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Garbage!

The US has Military bases and interests here. No way in hell they are going to let the Chinks fk that up without responding. The US would well know about anything incoming here long before we did and have their birds in the air before they even touched down here.

You would also have the rest of the commonwealth virtually obligated to defend us and while even combined they are not a super power, The chicoms can't take on everyone.
    We still also have substantial Jap interests here as well and they have never been exactly the Chinks best friend either so you could throw them in as well.

Even without military action on anyone else's part, the first thing these other country's would do would be put an Import/ export ban on all things Chicom and that WOULD FK them and they know that too!

Amazes me you don't recognise the subject of 80% of your Whingei...... Posts here, Trump, would be just itching for an excuse to retaliate and he WOULD have the support of the US people in taking out the Chicoms. Even if the democraps got in, the public pressure to retaliate would virtually force them into some action.

You are talking about the most war hungry nation on earth here, The US. I think to suggest they aren't going to do anything is a grossly poor assessment of the situation along with a lot of other factors you don't take into account.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

You are talking about the most war hungry nation on earth here, The US. I think to suggest they aren't going to do anything is a grossly poor assessment of the situation along with a lot of other factors you don't take into account.
    I'm not so sure that most amerikans are for war....more like the military industrial complex that rules them..................

Super Moderator
    Thanks

One of you start a WWIII thread, then you can all indulge in your war game theory to your hearts content. Let's stick to items directly related to the virus here......

And yeah, I've done it too....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (24-05-20),hca (24-05-20),Tiny (26-05-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I wonder how much the Huawei ban is Australia (plus New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, USA, ect) and now the UK has had to do with China stepping into our exports to them?

The ironic thing, the biggest comms tower in my area was fully decked out with Huawei gear by Huawei themselves in July last year.
    The ban did not come into play until Dec 12th, 1999.

Fat lot of good the ban did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Let's stick to items directly related to the virus here.......
    On the strength of which I see now they are reviewing issues in young people and they as saying this inflammatory problem with young children appears to be extending through teens into young adults as well.

Seems there is always something new with this virus.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Interesting insight just now. Got a bunch of replies emails from Chinese sellers supposedly in Australia all on a sunday evening. Hard little workers, not.

I messaged one on friday about some missing electronic components and asked if they had been sent or if it was delayed because of the China flu?

The reply is a hoot at first glance but upon pondering is telling:

First of all, this is not China Flu, please watch more TV and news, you will find that you are too narrow.
    Indicates to me that the Chicoms are being brainwashed by their media into believing something the rest of the worlds media has no question over.

I'll try to think of some reply to hammer home that they are bing deceived and all the worlds media other than the Chinese Media ARE saying it's IS the china flu and who's fault do they think it is, the US? I'll tell them no, sorry you are being brainwashed but it DID come from China and there is no doubt of that.

Maybe ebay messages are something the Chicom gubbermint doesen't sensor and is a channel the poor little commies can get the truth through... not that I think they will believe it.

My dentist has been telling me for years the Muzzos were just uneducated violent morons but the Chinese were the real threat.
    If ever anyone was 500% right, it was him.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Victorian Snow Season

Wow, looks like the state will be back to normal

The Victorian Premier, Dan Andrews, has given the state’s ski season a June 22 go ahead in a press conference this morning.

From June 1, state residents are allowed up to 20 people gathered in their home. Outdoor gatherings have also increased to 20 and the good news for hotel operators is that overnight stays in accommodation are also approved.

But there was even better news to come.

FROM JUNE 22, THE STATE’S ALPINE SKI RESORTS WILL REOPEN TO SKIERS.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 25-05-20 at 01:22 AM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

enf (25-05-20),Mr 672A (25-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Love it!!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hca View Post
    On the strength of which I see now they are reviewing issues in young people and they as saying this inflammatory problem with young children appears to be extending through teens into young adults as well.

Seems there is always something new with this virus.
    And if there isn't..have no fear the MSM will find something/anything to keep the sheeple on their toes

• The Following User Says Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (25-05-20)

• Page 72 of 133 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast