Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Not calling it proof, but here is a read about that rumour;

and here;
    I wonder if the true origin ever will be found and published.
    I think if we don't know the virus origin humanity has no hope to prevent another, could be even deadlier outbreak which can change the world completely.
    From what scientists believe the corona virus is very young and actively mutating already. That means expect the virus will be around for long time so everyone will contract it at some stage.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    If Trump wins the November election he will have larger BALLS and BALLS to say to China Pay up or WAR.
    Nothing has changed other than to strengthen Trumps position to win the next election.
    Can you imagine any of the other bedwetters running against him to handle this and recovery afterwards? Can you imagine if Hitlary were in office now? US would probably have 10 new war fronts going already.

He's more than got the balls and like the Chicoms, won't have to fire a shot to Fk them. He just cancels debt and reclaims ownership of China assets and what are they going to do? Try and nuke or invade the US?
    They would be going up against every other country as well, likely even their Commie mates in Russia and Korea.

Trump has been the whipping boy for everything since he was put in. Now he's the hope of the free world to get some repatriations out of this and over throw the Chicoms. He got elected on make America great again by bringing back jobs and manufacturing to the us and getting their industries going again which people berated and laughed at him for.
    The whole western world is now screaming for their gubbermints to do the same and stop relying on China and bring back self sufficiency and no one is laughing at Trumps idea to do that now.

He put China under the screws over trade traffifs and was berated for that and told he was going to wreck the US economy. The ones that have screwed the world economy weren't trump, was the Chicoms he was trying to protect the US from in the first place.

Oh yeah, I know, he's an idiot because he ummm,,,, well he ummm , because he just is OK because people don't like him because... well he's an idiot like I said and just because he's got the country in a better place that it has been in decades and hasn't set a foot wrong in all they have accused him of, doesen't mean he shouldn't be thrown out because..... well Just because! The whining snow flakes don'[t like him so there must be something wrong with him and thats enough to get rid of him OK?
    Soon as this is over, all the Fktards will be straight out with their glue again to make their point. But in the meantime will stay under their beds cowering but still complaining.

I hope to Fk Our PM, present and future, follow Trumps lead and have the same balls and commitment to our country instead of keep on licking china's arsehole like we were doing right up PAST the start of this bringing in students and fking tourists.

Weaning off China won't be an overnight thing but they are only strong because the rest of the world props them up.
    Lest see how they go if all the world stops exporting to them. Coal, steel, gas, food products, plastics, minerals, fuel, chemicals... they would be Fked a LOT quicker than anyone else would with out their dodgy shit products.

We have abundant resources, they have Fk all. With the resources we can set up and manufacture and produce. Without the raw materials, they are Fked.

Everyone keeps saying China will come out of this the best. Seems to me if the suckers stop playing their game and dancing to the Chicoms tune, they are the most Vulnerable and have the most to loose of all. Only have to ban food exports to China and the world has them over a barrel. They don't have enough ariable land to feed their population. That's a real weak position in my book.

Would take the west 12 Months to crank up to build whatever they wanted.
    Would take China 3 months of embargo to be Fked.

Depending on the size of the balls the rest of the world leaders have, it could easily force the present Chicom regime to flees for their lives and a new non commie Gubbermint to be installed very easily.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Well that's two very different and opposing things.

I would not be surprised and more favour this was some sort of weapon that went wrong.... Or maybe not.
    Chicom Gubbermint has proved for years it has NO problem slaughtering vast numbers of it's own. They let it out, lose a few they can well spare and may even be an advantage to them for appearances sake, fk the rest of the world and the economy and swoop in to buy up the spoils no one else can afford and everyone is Borrowing money from them anyway.

Now whether the ruling gubbermints are prepared to let that Info out and have their Citizens Rioting for revenge is a very different matter all together.

I don't buy the " official" story of 9/11. Waay too many things do not add up.
    The idea that this virus was a deliberate act from the Chinese is a magnitude easier to believe. I actually wonder if the past Viruses like SARS etc were just testing to get this one right?

Seems they have it just about perfect.

Thanks

This has already happened, I was reading a scientific journal on line a few days ago. I forget which one, (senior moment) but Australian researchers have found that the virus was not genetically engineered but was a mutation of a common animal corona virus which jumped to humans. They are not sure from which animal but suspect that it was probably from a bat as they are infected with many varieties of corona virus.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 03-04-20 at 10:38 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    This has already happened, I was reading a scientific journal on line a few days ago. I forget which one, (senior moment) but Australian researchers have found that the virus was not genetically engineered but was a mutation of a common animal corona virus which jumped to humans. They are not sure from which animal but suspect that it was probably from a bat as they are infected with many varieties of corona virus.
    Leaning more towards pangolins reading from my links above.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    That wasn't a definitive answer though. It is one of the possible explanations.

From the link I shared on the previous page you can see it was an engineered virus from bats which could infect humans:

In an article published in Nature Medicine1 on 9 November, scientists investigated a virus called SHC014, which is found in horseshoe bats in China. The researchers created a chimaeric virus, made up of a surface protein of SHC014 and the backbone of a SARS virus that had been adapted to grow in mice and to mimic human disease. The chimaera infected human airway cells — proving that the surface protein of SHC014 has the necessary structure to bind to a key receptor on the cells and to infect them. It also caused disease in mice, but did not kill them.

Although almost all coronaviruses isolated from bats have not been able to bind to the key human receptor, SHC014 is not the first that can do so. In 2013, researchers reported this ability for the first time in a different coronavirus isolated from the same bat population.
    Last edited by fromaron; 04-04-20 at 08:44 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

100 Staff in isolation that work at The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,525 Posts

The Netherlands is also another country where its Deaths outweigh those Recovered?
    I wonder why that is? The UK also.

Perhaps thier definition of Recovered?
    Turns out it's the reporting method (or lack thereof) - in the .NL recoveries aren't being counted, same in .SE pretty much (but remember, they're using a different strategy), and the UK is somewhere inbetween. I'll just pop a portion of the chat into codebox..

Code:
    <shelter> 900+ deaths in spain in 24 hours
    <subbass_> hehe yea normaly your own brand is alright ;)
    <shelter> ouch
    <shelter> but i guess spain got a lot of eldery too
    <subbass_> Doesn't seem to be just elderly falling from it, I read somewhere that 37% of people admitted to hospital are under 54
    <subbass_> and once you run out of intensive care beds / ventilators.. fatalities sky rockets
    <subbass_> it's why I pray that "herd immunity" that sweden is going for works, if not it's gonna be really really nasty
    <shelter> mmm
    <shelter> i dont see why it shouldnt get worse
    <shelter> seems impossible to avoid the matter what
    <shelter> its not like its gonna disappear
    <shelter> but sweden isnt that crowded as other countries
    <subbass_> Aye, best plan for people is slowdown the spread so hospitals can cope, but that financially ####s the country... it's a horrible juggling act
    <subbass_> I wouldn't like to be resposible for it
    <shelter> only 10 mil people
    <shelter> england is about 56 mil
    <shelter> netherlands 17
    <subbass_> herd immunity gets your country back on it's feet fastest, we set out on that path initially in the UK, trouble with it when we changed course was that we are now waiting on testing and all sorts of stuff, can't get hold of it etc
    <shelter> yea
    <shelter> but im thinking, if the peole that are careful now, starts travelling again in a few months, chances are it starts all over again
    <subbass_> Yea I would think so to
    <subbass_> just have to not have the high numbers all at once is the only important thing
    <subbass_> avoid the "peak" they keep talking about
    <subbass_> so hospitals can provide enough care to everyone needing it
    <andabata> gcb: about the numbers of recoveries being low in .nl, those aren't reported back. Hence the low numbers

Premium Member
    Thanks

It's the weekend!

Unfortunately in a quarantined world of social distancing that doesn't have quite the same ring. We've done some *ahem* important research to get you through this "weekend" with some fun, friends, and family from afar. 300+ Premium Games for FREE

Now is the perfect time to sign up for Google Play Pass: they're offering a 30-Day FREE TRIAL to their curated collection of premium games. Best of all? No advertisements! .
    In case anyone were interested =)

Thanks

Best of all? No advertisements!
    I'm quite surprised at the advertisements I'm still seeing being run especially on SM. I would think with people holed up, a LOT of the products they are flogging would be about the least likley to sell. I can see some products flying off the shelves and wouldn't need advertising but some like I have seen this morning like Caravans, home extensions, cameras, Double glazed Windows, wedding Photographers and real estate seem to be pretty much a waste of money right now and for a time to come.

I can't see any of this moving for the next 6 Months at least. I won't even comment on my mate currently spending $1500 last month on web advertising His motorcycle transport Business and then complaining he only got 4 calls from it none of which were genuine enquiries but telemarketers.

Whatever the time frame, the possibility now of advertising now to plant the seed seems pretty optimistic. Only thing people are going to be interested for the next while is food and bog roll, maybe in the reverse order of priority.

I see some of the discount holiday sites and the industry quickly changed tack.
    Everything is buy now and use later. Clever strategy to keep money coming in to survive.

I thought this might be a good thing to take advantage of. Then I thought some more.
    If they get the money in now, that keeps them going. When it's over though they have the expenses without the income. Either way there is going to be a gap that they can't get around even if they spread it out.

I commend them for trying but to the buyer, seems a bit risky. They go under and you loose your money.
    the other thing is for the consumer, I think they are going to be offering some giveaway deals the longer this goes on to get any money though the door.

I feel for the smaller privately run places. Many of them barely make a living and they work hard for it. Getting over this isn't going to happen for a lot of them and they well may loose their Life work and savings.

The bloody Bushfires and Drought don't see so bad now do they?

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Son just purchased a near new offroad camper for $9k. Complete with huge annexe, self contained power, and all the extras, All he needs to purchase now are a couple of Gas tanks to run the stove. They went looking for a new soft floored thing at around $7k but saw this and thought, why not? New, it would have been about $15k anyway, so they are very happy.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (05-04-20),ol' boy (04-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Data from 281,000 aussies tested ... I'm wondering exactly which 281thousand aussies that is? It's a paltry % of 24million either way. The curves are looking controlled, but relative to infection sources, the required isolation period looks big ...and if you were going to isolate properly, that looks most effectively achieved by isolating this country from -all- overseas travel/visitors. The way it is now, the moment they lift isolated/quarantine measures, is the moment the curves will increase again. Even if we did that tomorrow, and isolated Australia from the rest of the world, it seems like it'll take months to move through our population, and realistically in a lot of ways, the world's population needs to recover from this, before we open our gates to O/S visitors - it's the same for any isolated country really.

As I haven't heard of any mass testing scheme being implemented, I guess they're going with the herd immunity approach, and use vaccination later to avoid recurrence.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

george65 (04-04-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    I guess they're going with the herd immunity approach, and use vaccination later to avoid recurrence.
    That's all well and good for the young and healthy but I think for a lot of us here given our age and collective health issues, A good many of us could be farked if we get it and not survive.
    Last edited by george65; 04-04-20 at 12:43 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Son just purchased a near new offroad camper for $9k. Complete with huge annexe, self contained power, and all the extras, All he needs to purchase now are a couple of Gas tanks to run the stove. They went looking for a new soft floored thing at around $7k but saw this and thought, why not? New, it would have been about $15k anyway, so they are very happy.
    Was discussing this with the Mrs a few weeks ago
    That there might be some bargains in Motorhomes, Campers, Caravans etc
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (05-04-20),lsemmens (04-04-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

In comes the PPE

Premium Member
    Thanks

Dr. John gives a good update including Australia

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

A brilliant way to convey the message!

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    In comes the PPE

Made in China?? Probably got holes in them!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Premium Member
    Thanks

The origin, IMHO, is mankind's increasing population ~ this was inevitable, and likely a product of natural selection. If it's not that, and it was actually man made, so what?
    Did we run around thinking that the Spanish Flu was a manufactured virus? Or what about the Plague?

I read one wacko conspiracy that entertained this was mother natural getting back at mankind, by causing all planes to be pulled from the sky, lowering CO2 emissions and thus giving the planet a chance to breathe/recover. I kid you not.

Read that an try to discern how different/like something that happened a century ago, is to what we're experiencing today ~ it is uncannily similar, sans the complication of air travel.

Project that history, and think what if they had modern air travel like we have today, back in 1918 -- you get today's picture in a blink.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

This is the first time in history we can save the human race by lying in front of the TV and doing nothing. Let’s not screw it up!!!

AND

In one week, we've seen how healthcare workers, truck drivers and grocery store employees are more important than NHL players, actors and the supposedly famous.

AND

Hey creative community! Just a reminder that Shakespeare was quarantined for the plague when he wrote King Lear. No pressure!!!

AND

Also highly contagious is kindness, patience, love, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude. Don’t wait to catch it from others...be the carrier!

AND

Still haven' decided where to go for Easter -- the Family Room or the Living Room.

AND

Remember when we thought we were going to have a bad week because of the time change, full moon, and Friday the 13th. We didn’t have a clue!

AND

Definition of irony: gas under one dollar and no place to go...

AND

Home schooling going well – two students suspended for fighting, one teacher fired for drinking on the job!

AND

Maybe now society will realize we can make it without celebrities and professional sports... but we can’t make it without farmers and ranchers!

AND

Your grandparents were called to war. You’re being called to sit on your couch. You can do this!!

AND

With March and April cancelled, the next holiday is Cinco De Mayo - sponsored by Corona.

AND

Since everyone has started washing their hands like we’re supposed to, we’ll be working on shapes and colors next week.

AND

Due to panic buying, Walmart has opened register 3.

AND

Pro tip: if you get pulled over, just start coughing.

AND

All these kids who have been learning Common Core math are about to learn how to “Carry the One” from their new home school teachers

AND

That moment when you’re worried about the elderly and realize that you are the elderly...

AND

I say we close down the media for 30 days and watch 80% of the world’s problems go away

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (05-04-20),DB44 (05-04-20),enf (05-04-20),lsemmens (05-04-20),wotnot (05-04-20)

• Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast