Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greta Just Like Everyone Else

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Question does she own a car at her age ??? has she got a license ???? not answered questions just stated by a "reporter "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

eaglem (01-02-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    Question does she own a car at her age ??? has she got a license ???? not answered questions just stated by a "reporter "
    Good question...and a Tesla car too!
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    The answer to the car has been widely published.

Arnold Schwarzenegger loaned her the T3... and as she is 17 years old, she likely has a driver licence, which can be obtained at age 16 in most American states.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

eaglem (01-02-20),Thala Dan (29-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Greta is like squealing car brakes.
    I do listen to the scientists. "Change your brake pads", they said.
    So I took action and I changed the brake pads and like Greta, they're still squealing.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

eaglem (01-02-20),gulliver (22-02-20),hinekadon (26-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    yes the hypocrisy of the green movement, as explained perfectly by Prof Ian Plimer.
    Ian Plimer

Ian R. Plimer (born February 12, 1946), a mining geologist, mining company director and anthropogenic global warming denier with no evident expertise in climate science, has written the "denier's bible", a book called Heaven and Earth, which makes mutually-inconsistent claims[2] and was panned as being riddled with errors. In 2011 he wrote the "anti-warmist manual" How to Get Expelled From School: A guide to climate change for pupils, parents and punters, which reviewers found to be full of scientific errors, containing flawed and undocumented diagrams, and sloppily edited.

Business career

Plimer is the former non-executive director of CBH Resources Limited from 1998 to 2010, former non-executive director of Angel Mining plc from 2003 to 2005, former director of Kimberley Metals Limited from 2008 to 2009, former director of KBL Mining Limited from 2008 to 2009 and former director of Ormil Energy Limited from 2010 to 2011.[3][16]

He is currently the non-executive deputy chairman of KEFI Minerals since 2006,[17] independent non-executive director of Ivanhoe Australia Limited since 2007,[18] chairman of TNT Mines Limited since 2010,[11][19] non-executive director of Niuminco Group Limited (formerly DSF International Holdings Limited) since 2011,[20][21] and non-executive director of Silver City Minerals Limited since 2011.[3][16][22][23][24] Plimer was appointed director of Roy Hill Holdings and Queensland Coal Investments in 2012.[25]

According to a columnist in The Age, Plimer earned over $400,000 (AUD) from several of these companies, and he has mining shares and options worth hundreds of thousands of Australian dollars.[26] Plimer has stated that his business interests do not affect the independence of his beliefs.[22] He has also warned that the proposed Australian carbon-trading scheme could decimate the Australian mining industry.[6][27]
    Volcanoes and CO2

Plimer has said that volcanic eruptions release more carbon dioxide (CO2) than human activity; in particular that submarine volcanoes emit large amounts of CO2 and that the influence of the gases from these volcanoes on the Earth's climate is under-represented in climate models.[33][34][35] The United States Geological Survey has calculated that human emissions of CO2 are about 130 times larger than volcanic emissions, including submarine emissions.[36][37][38] The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) stated that Plimer's claim "has no factual basis."[39] This was confirmed in a 2011 survey published in the Eos journal of the American Geophysical Union, which found that anthropogenic emissions of CO2 are 135 times larger than those from all volcanoes on Earth.[40]
    Heaven and Earth

In 2009, Plimer released Heaven and Earth, a book in which he says that climate models focus too strongly on the effects of carbon dioxide, and do not give the weight he thinks is appropriate to other factors such as solar variation.[41] The aim of the book is to belittle the impact of humans on Earth by clouting all the other science like a blunt instrument, as in Plimer's words "I wanted to kill an ant with a sledgehammer."[42] Critics of the book have accused Plimer of misrepresenting sources,[43] misusing data,[44][45] and engaging in conspiracy theories.[46][47] Some critics have also described the book as unscientific,[48] and said that it contains numerous errors from which Plimer draws false conclusions.[49][50][51][52][53][54][55]
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 29-01-20 at 08:45 AM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

eaglem (01-02-20),Onefella (29-01-20),Tiny (29-01-20),Uncle Fester (29-01-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

looks like a lot of people don't like him.
    Greens
    Wiki
    Creationists
    opposing Scieentists & Climatologists.
    Lots of other politicians.

I'm sure the list is longer.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

eaglem (01-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    looks like a lot of people don't like him.
    Greens
    Wiki
    Creationists
    opposing Scieentists & Climatologists.
    Lots of other politicians.

I'm sure the list is longer.
    I don't think it's a matter of them not liking him........it's his unfounded, compromised, contradictory psuedo-science that they're not all that keen about.

You know....the old saying.....

"It Is Difficult to Get a Man to Understand Something When His Salary (livelihood) Depends Upon His Not Understanding It"

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

tristen (29-02-20)

Thanks

Looks like you can add the Australian Government - Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency to that list, Tiny:

Accurate Answers to Professor Plimer’s 101 Climate Change Science Questions

This document provides answers to the 101 questions on climate change posed by Professor Ian Plimer in his latest book, How to get expelled from school: a guide to climate change for pupils,
    parents and punters (2011). Many of the questions and answers in Professor Plimer’s book are misleading and are based on inaccurate or selective interpretation of the science. The answers and comments provided in this document are intended to provide clear and accurate answers to Professor Plimer’s questions. The answers are based on up-to-date peer reviewed science, and have been reviewed by a number of Australian climate scientists.
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 29-01-20 at 11:51 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Couple of observations. This was filmed at a climate change conference in Madrid, SPAIN. Greta was a guest speaker at the conference and was only in Spain for a short while. This means, if she did have a car, it would have been a hire-car. She may have a license, but not many hire-car companies will hire to anyone under 21, this is pretty standard in Europe and much of the world. The stuff shown in the car looked like someone living out of the car. Not something you would expect from a guest speaker at an international conference. Greta had to hitch a ride on an Australian family-owned yacht to get from the US to Portugal where she then caught a train to Madrid for the conference. The organisation was a nightmare for her team, as the decision to hold the conference in Madrid was last-minute, as the intended country (Chile) cancelled the event due to civil unrest, and Greta refuses to fly anywhere. She normally billets with families where she travels, so why would she be seemingly living out of a hire-car in Madrid? It's funny, but the type of food shown in the car (baked-beans and potatoes) looked a lot like what you might expect a couple of young white guys with a fear of 'foreign' food, on a tight budget, might eat. (who would live off canned baked-beans in Spain ffs?) Very much like the young seppo "journalist" and his mate, the cameraman.

Whatever your opinion of Greta's activism, I really don't think you could accuse her of being a hypocrite. She seems to pretty much practice what she preaches.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (30-01-20),Thala Dan (29-01-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Yeah, I suppose you have to start somewhere.....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (29-01-20),eaglem (01-02-20),eeprommemory (23-02-20),gulliver (22-02-20),hinekadon (29-01-20),SS Dave (20-02-20)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Oh my gawd...read the f*cking post will ya?....I intimated that the media DOES lie.

I think in the clip, if you watched all of it, she says that there were others in the car with her. Could be wrong of course.
    I did read the post, guess I'm not as fluent in intimation as you are.
    Yes she did say that.

Smear campaign
    Last edited by Jma; 29-01-20 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Still unable to spell it seems...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (29-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    Couple of observations. This was filmed at a climate change conference in Madrid, SPAIN. Greta was a guest speaker at the conference and was only in Spain for a short while. This means, if she did have a car, it would have been a hire-car. She may have a license, but not many hire-car companies will hire to anyone under 21, this is pretty standard in Europe and much of the world. The stuff shown in the car looked like someone living out of the car. Not something you would expect from a guest speaker at an international conference. Greta had to hitch a ride on an Australian family-owned yacht to get from the US to Portugal where she then caught a train to Madrid for the conference. The organisation was a nightmare for her team, as the decision to hold the conference in Madrid was last-minute, as the intended country (Chile) cancelled the event due to civil unrest, and Greta refuses to fly anywhere. She normally billets with families where she travels, so why would she be seemingly living out of a hire-car in Madrid? It's funny, but the type of food shown in the car (baked-beans and potatoes) looked a lot like what you might expect a couple of young white guys with a fear of 'foreign' food, on a tight budget, might eat. (who would live off canned baked-beans in Spain ffs?) Very much like the young seppo "journalist" and his mate, the cameraman.

Whatever your opinion of Greta's activism, I really don't think you could accuse her of being a hypocrite. She seems to pretty much practice what she preaches.
    An orderly and logical unpack.

Last sentence.....yep.....but that won't stop some people from continually trying.

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"),

Short for argumentum ad hominem, typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Another take ~

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (21-02-20)

Thanks

bitch of the year!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoAIR For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-02-20),hinekadon (21-02-20),Mr 672A (24-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

this 1s the best

https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Philquad For This Useful Post:

enf (23-02-20),gulliver (26-02-20),lsemmens (24-02-20),Mr 672A (24-02-20),ol' boy (23-02-20),wotnot (23-02-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

..lol!...that's good...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philquad View Post
    this 1s the best

Bahahahahahahahaha, thanks, i need to send this to a climate scientist

"I smell like booze and sadness", bahahahaha, that got me
    Last edited by ol' boy; 23-02-20 at 03:39 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-02-20),gulliver (26-02-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

^ how darrrreeee you !!!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-02-20),lsemmens (24-02-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Got this via e-mail
    Students at St John’s College at Oxford University were protesting that the university now from anything related to fossil fuel. Professor Andrew Parker replied, “I am not able to arrange any divestment at short notice. But I can arrange for the gas central heating in college to be switched off with immediate effect. Please let me know if you support this proposal.” The protesters responded, “This is an inappropriate and flippant response by the bursar to what we were hoping would be a mature discussion. It’s January and it would be borderline dangerous to switch off the central heating.”
    Seems like they want it both ways.

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-02-20),eaglem (27-02-20),enf (26-02-20),gulliver (27-02-20),hinekadon (26-02-20),wotnot (26-02-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

...this is not OT, Greta gets a mention...more than once...however, there is another overawing consideration to be drawn from watching it...

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast