Thread: 2012 Captiva Series 2 Diesel rear windows intermittantly not working.

Thanks

Default 2012 Captiva Series 2 Diesel rear windows intermittantly not working.

When I bought the subject vehicle at auction neither rear window would operate from it's respective switch or the master on the driver's door then they did operate now they don't again. Holden dealership staffer said it is likely to be a fault at one of the front switches from which the rear windows piggy back their power as I can hear actuators in the rear doors click when I try to operate the windows. He wasn't sure which side the rear windows drew their power from but given left has a 30 amp fuse and driver's has a 20 amp fuse it is likely to be the left (fuses have been checked and both front windows operate). Has anyone with Holden experience encountered a problem like this or know the answer to this question? My next step will be to remove the door switches and look for something simple if nothing seen then replace the switches with parts from wreckers (serviceman's suggestion). He also suggested I bring it in so they can put eyes on but at $146 per hr plus any parts it's like writing them a blank cheque.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Arh the old coffee spilt on the drivers door switches again try contact cleaner from crc or change the switches

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,882 Times in 1,280 Posts

With a lot of power window setup's the rear get the power from the front switch but the rear switch is in series with front switch especially the Dunny doors and Falcoooons.
    If you can hear a clicking from the door as your pressing the window switch I would say the window reg has jammed/failed with the door doing nothing I would suspect the switch but with out pulling the door cards off and testing for power at the motor I am guessing.
    If your car has 4 door auto down/up then the switch's are in parallel but it could be that it needs reprogramming or a faulty main switch or broken wiring in the doorjamb.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

MrRadio (05-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

knowing Holden/Daewoo it might be a bad joint in a power connector. the relays might be on the Canbus , which should be ok if you can hear the them clicking. Personally i would get hold of a wiring diagram which will save you a lot of fault finding time.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

MrRadio (05-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Take off the rear door trim , test the connections going to the electric windows to see if they are getting power when the switch is operated.

If not do the same at the drivers door main control, see if power leaves to the rear control, if so its a wiring issue to the back door, if not its the front switch.

Only way is to trace it back to the fault.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

MrRadio (05-02-20)