Thread: Anothe nutter's rampage in London

Thanks

Default Anothe nutter's rampage in London

I see the police have shot and killed another nut case who went on a rampage with a knife, stabbing two people in London.

The thing that concerns me is that this guy was only released from prison days ago after serving less than half his 3 year sentence. Letting people out early seems to be the normal response these days.

I can see some merit in encouraging minor offenders to get on the straight and narrow by having the threat of immediate return to prison to serve the remainder of their sentence plus a new sentence for the new offence. However releasing serious offenders early seems just stupid. But I expect a major consideration of governments in early release is the cost of keeping the prisoners in jail.

Cost should not be a factor. I remember visiting St Helena Island in Moreton Bay many years ago. That Island was once one of the early jails in Queensland. The amazing thing I discovered was that the jail ran at a profit. There was a farm where the prisoners grew food for themselves and the prison staff and their families who also lived on the island plus export to Brisbane for sale. There was a brick works where bricks were made for new cell blocks and for export to Brisbane, plus several other enterprises, all making money to pay the staff and to feed the government coffers.

No early release in those days and also no running costs to the tax payers.

Why on earth do not modern prisons run in a similar way, the harder they work the better they eat, and so on?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (04-02-20),eaglem (04-02-20),lsemmens (04-02-20)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Wasn't he in prison for terrorist offences? Ridiculous...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (04-02-20),eaglem (04-02-20),lsemmens (04-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

"The Metropolitan police said the attacker was 20-year-old Sudesh Amman, who had recently been released from prison for Islamist-related offences.

Police earlier called the attack a terrorist incident and said it was believed to be "Islamist-related."

Oh goodness me! How could this be possible? Surely no one from the religion of peace, love and warm and fuzzy's could not be responsible for such a thing?

Must just be another case of Islamophobia. Just ask any Muslim. They will tell you it's just the media picking on them and an isolated case... especially in London.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (04-02-20),VroomVroom (04-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    "The Metropolitan police said the attacker was 20-year-old Sudesh Amman, who had recently been released from prison for Islamist-related offences.

Police earlier called the attack a terrorist incident and said it was believed to be "Islamist-related."

Oh goodness me! How could this be possible? Surely no one from the religion of peace, love and warm and fuzzy's could not be responsible for such a thing?

Must just be another case of Islamophobia. Just ask any Muslim. They will tell you it's just the media picking on them and an isolated case... especially in London.
    It's the same as any other religion based terrorists. They "interpret" their chosen religion to suit their own ends.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (04-02-20)