Thread: Is YOUI Insurance CHEAP! NO.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Is YOUI Insurance CHEAP! NO.

Well after AMMI were ripping us off we Decide to change Insurance Companies and we chose YOUI. Now we insured the house and Contents with Youi and we found them cheap. We told them we had a few cars to insure and they told us "WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU". After a month or so we insure the First Car with them and that was Comprehensive insured and the quote was fair to good and months later we decided to insure the second car for Third Party, FIRE and Thief only and the Quote was a 50/50 as it was not what I thought was cheap but still had it insure but months later after I restored another car I decide to insure the third car for again for Third Party, FIRE and Thief only but this time I had done my home work before ringing YOUI then I rank them for a Quote it it was around $90 dearer than most other companies. After I got the second car insured I got suspicious with them when I checked around and had quotes same or little cheaper so I was ready for the third car to be insured.
    Going back to the third car, When I spoke to the youi over the Phone for the third car I told them your about $90 dearer than other companies, YOU told me "YOUI WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU because YOUR BRINGING EVERYTHING TO YOUI that you want to be insured".
    Yes take care of me as they think that they got me by the BALLS and then can charge us more for each item that we want to be insured with them and not the other way around.
    You would think that more you get insured with a "A" company that they would take care of you but I prove that is not the case because YOUI slug you more.
    By the way the insurance quotes I got for the Third car was not the internet on line quote that give you a discount for the first year than slug you more the second year (they think they got you by the Balls) It was a similar quote from member on another car forum with the same car after the car with the same or similar situations to what I am not unless YOUI Charge more for third Part Fire and Thief Insurance than other Companies.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I thought everyone knew that YOUI was one of the most $$$$ out there?

And they just mine more info out of you, so they can avoid paying out on claims
    Don't be fooled its to save you money

Who ever Advertised on TV to save you money???
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,969 Times in 1,289 Posts

There all as bad as each other.

I rate them on the same scale as some used car sales men and some real estate agents.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

eaglem (06-02-20),enf (06-02-20),Jma (05-02-20),Mr 672A (05-02-20),wotnot (05-02-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    I thought everyone knew that YOUI was one of the most $$$$ out there?

And they just mine more info out of you, so they can avoid paying out on claims
    Don't be fooled its to save you money

Who ever Advertised on TV to save you money???
    Yes another CONN. These days you have to do your Homework. I'm sick of these companies. Never even made a Claim on anything in my entire life. Just imagine how much money they have scammed from me.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Yes another CONN. These days you have to do your Homework. I'm sick of these companies. Never even made a Claim on anything in my entire life. Just imagine how much money they have scammed from me.
    Sadly that no longer counts anymore
    It's just a business
    They in it to make money

And when a heap of homes get burnt down in a Bushfire, the Government step in and pay those without insurance in some cases.
    While those with insurance fight with insurance company

That happened in very recent times
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Just remember insurance is no more than a bet. They are betting you won't make a claim, You are betting that you will. Insurance is there for the unexpected so make sure that you use it. If you tread on the cooktop and break it, claim it! (Yes, I have done that, and Insurance covered it.) I will happily recommend APIA to all who are eligible, they have been nothing less than fantastic. for us. We were flooded, and they fixed the house up. Another company was happy to take the premiums from a 100 year old pub that was flooded too, and they sent out a hydrologist to investigate if it were built in the right spot!!!! Another time we had a small engine fire in a car and I managed to chuck petrol on it! (I am brain damaged, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it). I told the insurance company what happened and what I did, and they covered me.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I've actually found them to be not too bad for motorcycle insurance and a mate made 3 claims in a month a couple of years ago and no issues and settled within a week. He's still with them.

Thanks

I got the best deal through Budget Direct and moved the car and house to them. Had one claim on the car insurance when a twit in the lane beside me decided to change lanes without looking. Claim all dealt with over the phone, no loss of No Claim bonus and no excess to pay as it was not my fault.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (06-02-20)

Thanks

Since I've never made any claim since the start in 1968 So how do you punish by the insurance company if you make a claim say damage to your car if you are in the wrong or say you burn half the house down because you did something stupid do they increase your premium next year or other?
    I think these days the Car Insurance NO CLAIM BONUS is gone on a car that is insured with Comprehensive insurance. What about house insurance do they have a no claim bonus on any company?

LSemmens
    Thanks

if you make a claim say damage to your car if you are in the wrong or say you burn half the house down because you did something stupid do they increase your premium next year or other?
    Actually, no, in fact, our premiums have actually gone down.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (06-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Actually, no, in fact, our premiums have actually gone down.
    Well that's a First

LSemmens
    Thanks

Well that's a First
    Maybe we are just "nice people" or suckholes, you can take your pick.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (13-02-20)