Thread: Rain is coming.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default Rain is coming.

Looks like after 3 years of Drought, we are about to get a wee drop of rain over the weekend.

Got 40mm last night, another 15mm today. Nice to see everything green. All my tanks are already full from this and what fell last week while I was away. Noticed a couple of Dams I drive past have gone from bone dry to full or near it. Some haven't had water for a year.

Looks like the headlines are going to go from fire to Flood.

It's all Globull whinging you know. Give it a day or 3 and they will be back all over the box telling you and blaming the gubbermint for not doing more about it.

Can't ever remember seeing a prediction of 120 to 200mm before. They are often wildly inaccurate at times but they would really have to screw things up to predict this and there not be a LOT of rain whatever it adds up to.

I don't think I'm through with the fire pump just yet. Might need it for different reason though.

Looks like screen shot isn't working. Heres the link if anyone knows how to post it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (08-02-20)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,921 Times in 1,282 Posts

Not much rain here yet and now the fire fighters are having problems trying to back burn for the fires south of canberra to wet to start a new fires and not enough rain to extinguish the current ones.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

So now I’m a believer in climate change........it’s changed from heat to rain. If that ain’t climate change, what is?
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-02-20),eaglem (08-02-20),enf (08-02-20),george65 (08-02-20),gulliver (10-02-20),LeroyPatrol (08-02-20),SS Dave (08-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    So now I’m a believer in climate change........it’s changed from heat to rain. If that ain’t climate change, what is?
    I have believed all along!
    Climate is just another important sounding word for weather and I'm not doubting the weather changes. I think they should call it what it is, weather change, and no one would argue with that.
    Weather has changed here from a 40+o day last week to 20o yesterday. Now thats a change!

Globull warming when one place is hot and somewhere else is under 12 Ft of snow is a very different matter however. That's complete and utter Bullshit!

Got some more rain last night, not as heavy as the night before but still worthwhile.

I'm surprised how fast the LANDSCAPE has changed. Gone from parched, dead brownness, ( even my lawns) to rich green Lushness in about a fortnight. I thought it would take ages for dams and waterways that had dried up to fill again but everything seems well topped up again already.

I heard Radio ads for saving water yesterday still going. Mate and I have had a standing joke and observation about the BS they carry on with Dam levels. Some years Back we were driving past a Sydney dam in the middle of a deluge that caused flash flooding across a lot of Sydney and where we were literaly 2km from the dam wall was also flooding. Loads of stranded cars, Very glad to be in my old Diesel 4WD tank.

Both looked up the dam level site and saw the official Reading of NO rise in dam levels even though the news showed water pouring in from the feeder rivers that were flooding further up . Pissed rain for a fortnight but even at the end they reckoned the dam levels had risen less than 1% even when nearby towns ( like here) were flooded.

Guess when the weather dept change historical temp records this sort of crap is to be expected. Still saying the same thing now. They must believe people use 10 Times as much water when it is raining plenty as when it does not going by their measurements.

Thanks

Wow!
    Seems the weather mob got it right for once.
    Just checked the rain Gauge, 265MM since yesterday morning when I last Checked it.

Bought a new Rain gauge today, only goes up to 120mm. Might need a bigger one! Since I have been here it's usualy 5-20 MM on a good day.

Yep, the weather IS changing!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

no rain in Albury/Wodonga despite the radar looking +ve this morning.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    And this is the whole problem with the Climate Change debate. Actually you have describe a weather change, not a climate change.

The weather changes regularly, determined in part by the climate but more specifically by the prevailing conditions, which in turn are set by the season and the climate.

Now I can imagine some saying at this point, "Roger you are talking Gobeldy Gook", and yes it does seem like that, but to explain what I'm talking about.

Now allowing for seasonal changes the weather and the climate can be defined thus:-

The weather:- The prevailing conditions today, perhaps yesterday, perhaps last week, certainly tomorrow, possibly next week.

The climate:- The average of conditions for the season over a 30 year period.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

george65 (08-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    And this is the whole problem with the Climate Change debate.

The climate:- The average of conditions for the season over a 30 year period.
    That is a good and very telling definition and one I had not been aware of the parameters.

We had bushfires 30 years ago and beyond and since which were blamed on Climate change recently but clearly nothing has changed so that shows what a load of Bullshit that was.... as if that wasn't painfully apparent to everyone.
    I spose next the green washed Hysteria will be carrying on about floods caused by climate crap but as they have happened 30 years ago, further back and more recent, also demonstrates nothing has changed at all and proves what a lot of horse shit that will be and snowfalls and everything else they want to put down as globull climate garbage as well.

I wasn't aware 30 years was the measured average but it is good to get a clarification and certainly puts things into perspective.
    Thanks for the heads up on the measuring point for this globull scamming!

Thanks

Don't forget what we mean by a 30 year average. It is a rolling average. For example we compare the average of 1945 to 1975 with the average 1946 to 1976 and 1947 to 1977 and so on. The overall trend has been a consistent slight increase.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

william10 (09-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Don't forget what we mean by a 30 year average. It is a rolling average. For example we compare the average of 1945 to 1975 with the average 1946 to 1976 and 1947 to 1977 and so on.
    Yeah well the Loonie lefties can never never deal with a straight fact can they? always got to spin doctor and distort it some way.
    Still doesen't matter. Had worse fires and floods etc in the last 30 years than we have recently so nothing actually changes the reality and their Bullshit.

It's a double deception because 30 years is a pin prick in world history and evolution so no matter what happens it's far too small a time frame to draw any conclusions from about the planet changing.

The overall trend has been a consistent slight increase.
    Well of course! That's what the whole scam rides on Doesen't it? If it went back like it it has in the days of the Globull warming story, it just wouldn't do them any good would it?

After all the bullshit about Globull whining causing a drounght, I literally got flooded here today. Never seen so much water in the 2.5 years we have been here.
    Water washing through from every other fkers place being on the low on 2 sides was the problem. Drains just couldn't cope with everyone elses water. Going to be a couple of Door Knocks going on and some bricking around the fence line as well to keep the other fkers water out.

I had water falls down steps, over retaining walls and the back verandah and the shed which I'm really pissed about all flooded.
    Looks like I'll be Buying a little excavator and putting in some more drains. Flooded badly about 5 years ago here, looks like might be full circle.
    Emptied the rain gauge at 3 PM and have got 70 MM since. Most of the time I was out side in it trying to clear drains and set up pumps. They were there for fire fighting Duty a fortnight ago, now it's flood recovery.

Not Globall whinging, Just Australia.