Thread: When a Millionaire takes in the homeless

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Default When a Millionaire takes in the homeless

is a short 15 minute video of the experience. All up it covers both sides of the situation quite well. Certainly gives food for thought.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

allover (09-02-20),eaglem (10-02-20),SS Dave (09-02-20),VroomVroom (10-02-20)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

ive got a different spin on that concept- ive always wanted to buy a scattering of houses in a rich area , then put abos in as tenants !!! that would be a crackup.

Oh but wait , its happening to me , in my street ,next door , right now, thanks to taxpayer funded abo housing assistance......they dont even have to mow the lawn ,because the abo corp send out a contractor . and kindly leave the aircon going 24/7 , cos the corp also pays the power bill !!!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-02-20),SS Dave (10-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

As far as Homeless people go, the social requirement is to feel sorry for them but the reality is a lot of them are not there by bad luck, but by bad choices.

The only reason they live on the streets is through their own doing or even desire, not necessarily bad luck or misfortune. Yes, many of them are there through bad circumstances and happenings but a hell of a lot are not.

I have actually met a couple of people that were homeless but and now Bloody well off because they didn't want to be there and they worked their arses off and became very wealthy using their misfortune as a motivator not as an excuse. Others I have seen docos on are given a Huge hand up and revert back to booze, drugs or just can't be fked to go to work or get social housing and live like pigs till they are evicted. Some of these people have mental problems but again it's not a case of no help to be had, its the fact they refuse and rebel against help and moreso, change.

Over the years I have helped a number of people ( not homeless) to get on their feet and given them time, knowledge and various assorted help and in the main, they have picked up the ball, run hard with it and put in 100X the effort into themselves I put into them. These people have all done better than me in the end ironically.
    There have been a couple that have always found excuses, complained about things, been scared of change or success maybe and let opportunity after opportunity pass them by.
    It's been good to see the difference and I can now easily tell someone that wants to get ahead and help themself and someone that wants to sit around and cry poor me.

I did watch the vid but I have seen the "poor us, we are repressed " attitude amongst a lot of black people farm all backgrounds. When Obama was elected as president of the US I was happy for the sole reason I thought well there goes that excuse. So I thought anyway.
    There are Ceo's and business leaders and Millionaires around the world whom are black but you never hear them whinging and whining about being oppressed or whatever. They are too damn busy getting on with things and doing what the so many others, black and white, make excuses for that they can't achieve 1/100Th of that they have or even the same level as the rest of the middle class.

I have always said, doesn't matter about education or anything else. You either have it in you or you don't.

Thanks

I have a mate who is homeless. I've known him since primary school and he worked all his life and raised two kids before his wife decided to do a bunk.

Yes he made some bad choices in his efforts to get on and lost his house when the bank foreclosed when a company he started went belly up years ago. He has stayed with me on several occasions and will be back in a couple of weeks.

He is currently in a legal dispute with his former boss who has caused his last house to be sold and the funds held in trust till the dispute is settled. (this may not happen till one of them is dead) He was a hard working chap but at least he has an age pension to live on, if not a house to live in.

Yes some bad choices, but a darn lot of bad luck.