Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What in the f is wrong with Amazon and US sellers?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

They want $65 for a water heater element. I can Imagine what ridiculous freight charges they hit you for something with weight and Bulk if you got it from fleabay.

I know it's not the postal system that is a rip off, it's ebay and or the sellers. A few times I have had stuff sent to friends in the US whom have then posted it to me and the postage has been reasonable and what one would expect.

They just like to screw you over on fleabay for some reason.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    They want $65 for a water heater element. I can Imagine what ridiculous freight charges they hit you for something with weight and Bulk if you got it from fleabay.

I know it's not the postal system that is a rip off, it's ebay and or the sellers. A few times I have had stuff sent to friends in the US whom have then posted it to me and the postage has been reasonable and what one would expect.

The freight cost over aus $160, Actuall I forgot how much. The Daytona SA 230 Amp was super heavy, + the AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducer each was heavy and I have 6 off them
    Look at Amazon.

I purchased the Lot from this mob. I got the same amp but with 6 shakers not 4

This is the Best thing that I did to my Sound system. I also gt these for my two Chandeliers (Still not happy with them as they need separate Amp to phase them in or out) so when the Chandeliers start shaking, then the lounge then the two 300W Subs goes off. Its works good on a UHD Atmos movie like San Andreas
    By the way you must straighten your lounge with bolts and large washers otherr wise your lounge will fall apart. Also the legs of the lounge and 2 seats has special feet so this allws the shakers to work better on a concrete floor

We put it this way I will spend our money because when I'm dead I wont be able to enjoy it.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 13-02-20 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks

Default Midway

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I want to buy the Movie MIDWAY in UHD at amazon US as it wont be available in Aust until or maybe never. Yes they ship it here in Aust after 18/2/2020

here you go

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

We sell lots on ebay Aus.

Postage rates here are reasonable, its the buyers that are not, they expect more for less.

As an example just 2 days ago i had a buyer carrying on that buying 2 sets of heavy brake discs should incur 1 postage charge, not 2.

Try explaining the obvious that these are not small items that fit into a envelope, that doubling to cubic capacity and weight increases the cost and that Aus post wont take a item if it weights more than 23Kg is like hitting your head into a wall.

Not to mention that couriers wont do double the work for half the cost.

So he goes to to say that he will buy from a seller with free shipping......dear god you do realize nothings free and its washed into the price......

We have found that Chinese sellers have Chinese Govt subsidized shipping to make them more competitive (and keep them earning some money)

US to here shipping rates are something else, however recently having a part sent to the US for modifications and then returned back i realized shipping from here to the US is almost as expensive as shipping from the US to here.

My understanding is that Aus Post is in bed with the US postal service, and with other couriers air freight is not cheap, its a long flight.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (14-02-20),shred (15-02-20),Tiny (14-02-20)

Thanks

I get what you say about heavy items but last night I came across yet another damn rip off on postage. A flange for a water heater. About 8 Cm square, 3mm pressed metal rubber gasket. -Maybe- 100 grams. Fit in a business size envelope easily.

Part, $7.06 Au.
    Bullshit Postage, $45 even.

Now someone explain to me HTF that works out to anything other than a blatant ripoff?
    I can get a 48" Light bar posted to me for $12 from the UK and that's a lot bulkier and heavy than a little heater flange.

My hitherto clever workaround, ordering off the Canadian site fell over with the same sort of charges. Then I realised if I put in a Canadian address it was still no different!
    I emailed one seller and Said WTF? Don't you want business or are you happy to fk people over like that? They came back and said not their fault , fleabay does it. Oh really? Then who is getting the money for the postage then?
    Either you are pocketing it happily or fleabag is ripping you off for it which I don't think is the case.

Another scam I came across yesterday is Multiple accounts from the same seller. I knew that was a thing but I found 8 names belonging all to the same company. Was easy to tell, same pic, same description, same location and ALL out of stock of the same item. Prices more than doubled for the same item from one account to the next. How the Fk they can advertise something they don't have is beyond me. I actually thought it was against the trade practices act to advertise something you don't have.

Clearly they can set up a bunch of accounts and just keep moving to the next as the bad feedback kills their sales from that store.

Buyer protection, My Black arse!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    So he goes to to say that he will buy from a seller with free shipping......dear god you do realize nothings free and its washed into the price......
    The people that amaze me are the ones that ONLY look at the item price and not the shipping.

I worked for a wholesaler for a while. The number of times I would loose sales to people because a competitor had an item $1 Cheaper than us so they would make a seperate order with them and pay an extra $15 delivery On 3-5 Items which ended up costing them more still to this day leaves me gobsmacked.
    I would ask, is that all you are getting off them? Yes,
    Then you realise you will actualy be costing yourself $12 more than if you bought off us and had them put in with the rest of your order.

They unfailing Response : It's the principal of the thing" . I would ask, what principal, the principal of bad financial management?

I generally look at the total price of something I buy online BUT, I will pay very slightly more for free shipping. WTF you say? Why would you do that?
    There IS a reason and a lesson I learnt in my early fleabag days.....

If you have to get a refund/return on something, the shipping cost is NOT included so you still get screwed for an amount, possibly a significant one.
    If it's free shipping and you have to return it, you get the FULL price you paid back.

If the shipping was free then the price was all for the product and if the product needs to go back, then they have to refund what you paid. I put this to the test early on as well and fleabay declared ( to my surprise) this was the case and the seller could NOT deduct an amount for postage for the refund.

Depending on the cost and perceived risk factor, I will pay a Dollar more for the "free" shipping as kind of an insurance policy that I will get all my money back if the deal goes Tits up. Seems I'm getting more things that aren't what they are cracked up to be or just plain faulty lately and I have no intention of giving the crunts that purposefully over rate and miss specify things a cent of my money.

If you are getting resistance to shipping fees, the logical thing to do would be include the shipping and call it Free as well. I have seen a number of sellers do it both ways on the same product. Not sure why people would want separate shipping charges but if some do, then give your buyers what they want, whatever that is.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (15-02-20)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HILLVIEW103 View Post
    here you go
    What! It must be download, I want the Original movie on a disk
    Content Denied

Access to this website has been disabled by an order of the Federal Court of Australia because it infringes or facilitates the infringement of copyright.

Thanks

The people that amaze me are the ones that ONLY look at the item price and not the shipping.

I worked for a wholesaler for a while. The number of times I would loose sales to people because a competitor had an item $1 Cheaper than us so they would make a seperate order with them and pay an extra $15 delivery On 3-5 Items which ended up costing them more still to this day leaves me gobsmacked.
    I would ask, is that all you are getting off them? Yes,
    Then you realise you will actualy be costing yourself $12 more than if you bought off us and had them put in with the rest of your order.

They unfailing Response : It's the principal of the thing" . I would ask, what principal, the principal of bad financial management?

I generally look at the total price of something I buy online BUT, I will pay very slightly more for free shipping. WTF you say? Why would you do that?
    There IS a reason and a lesson I learnt in my early fleabag days.....

If you have to get a refund/return on something, the shipping cost is NOT included so you still get screwed for an amount, possibly a significant one.
    If it's free shipping and you have to return it, you get the FULL price you paid back.

If the shipping was free then the price was all for the product and if the product needs to go back, then they have to refund what you paid. I put this to the test early on as well and fleabay declared ( to my surprise) this was the case and the seller could NOT deduct an amount for postage for the refund.

Depending on the cost and perceived risk factor, I will pay a Dollar more for the "free" shipping as kind of an insurance policy that I will get all my money back if the deal goes Tits up. Seems I'm getting more things that aren't what they are cracked up to be or just plain faulty lately and I have no intention of giving the crunts that purposefully over rate and miss specify things a cent of my money.

If you are getting resistance to shipping fees, the logical thing to do would be include the shipping and call it Free as well. I have seen a number of sellers do it both ways on the same product. Not sure why people would want separate shipping charges but if some do, then give your buyers what they want, whatever that is.
    I dont give a Fcuk is Midway cost me $100 Australian Dollars and when I get the disk its MINE. The best thing about these strokes that I'm getting is they have left me with very poor memory both long and short term so after 6 to 9 months I have forgotten the movie so After this time I re watch most of the movies i have because in my head I have never seen this movie or dont remember seeing it.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HILLVIEW103 View Post
    here you go
    Never seen that site. It is banned from in OZ but using a VPN will open it up.

Back to OP. I'm seeing the same thing with excessive postage from US to OZ.

And when you do bite the bullet, raise an order, enter address details and only to find out they do not delivery to PO Boxes. WTF!!
    It's not as if I am having something delivered that weighs 30kg and the size of a lounge, but what can fit into an envelope or small parcel, why not!!
    Aust Post do have a scheme that if the parcel can not be bent or can not fit into the box, they leave a magical card to say, come in, we have a package for you to pickup.

I've had many arguments with Australian and overseas sellers/shops, that fail to comprehend, or just too ignorant, that in Australia we do have some addresses that have no road side delivery service.
    Not everyone lives in regional or suburbia where freight companies and Aust Post deliver. Some rural have RMB's, but further out there is nothing.
    And, not everyone wants everyone else, including those overseas where you buy from, to know the address of where you live.

Rant over. But yes, delivery fees we are ripped off, and non-delivery to PO Boxes is an added pain in the ar$e.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to Xplorer For This Useful Post:

Jma (15-02-20)

Thanks

Default midmay

Action, Drama, History, War

USA, China, Hong Kong, Canada (English, Japanese, Mandarin) 138 min
    8/10 10/10 11
    Updated 22 hours, 14 minutes ago
    26,285 Downloads

Director:
    Cast: Ed Skrein, , , , , Luke Kleintank, , , Keean Johnson, Nick Jonas, Etsushi Toyokawa, Tadanobu Asano, Darren Criss, Brandon Sklenar, Jake Manley, , Nobuya Shimamoto, Brennan Brown, Jake Weber, Alexander Ludwig, David Hewlett, , Eric Davis, Kenny Leu, Rachael Perrell Fosket, Peter Shinkoda, James Carpinello, Tim Beckmann, Sarah Halford, Cameron Brodeur, Hiromoto Ida, Hiroaki Shintani, Russell Dennis Lewis, Geoffrey Blake, Mikael Conde, Madison Roukema, Christie Brooke, Dustin Geiger, Jason Lee Hoy, Ellen Dubin, Jason New, Dean Schaller, Jacob Blair, Kayo Yasuhara, Rudolph Wallstrom, Matthew MacCaull, Philip Fu-Kang Wang, Johan Strombergsson-Denora, Nico De Castris, Alexandre Dubois, Tyler Elliot Burke, Raphael Grosz-Harvey, Trevor Danielson, Agostino Michael Cimino, Takeshi Kurokawa, Ryuta Kato, Garret Sato, Neil Girvan, Ellis Arch, Robert Crooks, Sean Colby, Kasey Ryne Mazak, Ryo Hayashida, Michael Chapman, Masahiro Tanikawa Masa Tani, Ryohei Arima, Hironobu Kanagawa, Hiro Kanagawa, Ken Takikawa, Leonardo Boudreau, Tony Christopher, Yuta Takenaka, Chris Young, Tatsuya Shirato, Tyler Hall, Kyle Bougeno, David Dacosta, Kazuki Gonazalez-Adachi, Reyn Halford, Toyoaki Ito Leung, Halta Nonen, Adrian Spencer, James Hicks, Sebastian Pigott, Simon Pelletier-Gilbert, Philippe Verville, Shigeru Yabuta, Seunghwan Min, Christopher Tapia, Sangwon Jun, Motoo Taira, Ana Maria Lombo, Greg Hovanessian, Deke Richards, Mika Amonsen, Sammy Azero, Ilyes Belayel, Alexis Bellefeuille, Monika Bicarova, Sarah Bublavy, Svitlana Campbell, Amanda Chang, Robert D'Entremont, Dalton Fugate, Raynesa Jonas, Maxime Lamothe, John Lobato, Fadi Malo, Frank Marrs, Michael Daniel Murphy, Sean Timothy Penczak, Diezel Ramos, Raphaël Roberge, Jason Smiley, Adam Rogers, Huy Hao Tran, Thomas Vallieres, Amber Walls

Synopsis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post

The best thing about these strokes that I'm getting is they have left me with very poor memory both long and short term so after 6 to 9 months I have forgotten the movie so After this time I re watch most of the movies i have because in my head I have never seen this movie or don't remember seeing it.
    My father is similar. No strokes but short term memory is not so great. Can remember things from literally 50 years ago with precise detail but what happened last week??? Not good.

I'll be up there and he will go through his Video collection and say I saw one the other day I haven't watched yet.
    He'll put it on and I'll remember watching it with him 3 times in as many years or less. As if he's trying to be ironic, at the end he says something like, " I haven't seen that one before but I enjoyed that. I'll have to get it out again and watch it in a while". I KNOW he has seen it at least 3 or more times before. I'll also tell him what happens and he'll say " Oh, have you seen this one?" YES Dad, I have watched it with you when I was up here a couple of months back and seen it with you before that.

Some I know he really loves and we have watched many times is some Docos I downloaded for him on the Indian railways with the old steam engines. He knows he has seen them before but obviously can't recall a very large part of them. Then he'll say " I don't remember where I got these from or what made me buy them but they are good shows. "
    I then remind him they are on the USB stick plugged in the back of the TV and I downloaded them for him with some others he's not nearly as fascinated with. Then for the 5th time the Comment will be, " Oh you can get them off the internet can you? I didn't know that!". AAAGGGAAAHHH!

I always get asked when I'm up there, Can you show me how to print invoices that were emailed to me?
    What? The previous 25 Times I have showed you weren't enough?
    Clearly they weren't.

I guess you are both getting good value out of your Dvd collections.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12