Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What in the f is wrong with Amazon and US sellers?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default What in the f is wrong with Amazon and US sellers?

Numerous times over the years I have tried to buy things off Amazon but each and every time got some bullshit about not delivering to my address.
    I have tried 3 Different addresses and everything from books to pens to stuff I actualy wanted (A heating element this time) but ever time you go through all the Bullshit only to be told at the end, doesen't deliver to your address, please enter another one " . WTF?

Doesen't matter what address I put, the Fkers NEVER deliver there.

Beast the ship out of me how they become the worlds Biggest online retailer, wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Don't know why people rave about them, totaly and utterly fking useless to me.

Other thing is, why do US fleabay sellers have such Bullshit postage charges on EVERYTHING?
    I can get things from the UK or Canada for reasonable cost but the septics have ridiculous postage charges often multiple times the price of the ( small ) item you are buying.

Maybe it's just the US is piss poor when it comes to online sales as a whole? No wonder the Chinese largely have it all sewn up. I can buy endless things from them for a $1 delivered.
    if it's from a US fleabay seller its .53C for the pencil and $45.83 for the delivery.

Look Here ->

Thanks

At least in recent times, you can thank Gerry Harvey for inflicting the role of unpaid tax xollector on overseas online shops.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (11-02-20),VroomVroom (10-02-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

I had the same $100usd parts and $180usd postage for less than a 1kg A4 size package go figure the supplier saying it's to do with the 3rd party used to get the shipment to Aus.

I had a game disk posted to me from a facebook member in Detroit to Canberra cost of post $36.70usd via US postal service, I keeped asking for his payment details and in the end said send me $25usd via paypal,I sent the him $37usd anyway as the cheapest I could get was fleebay at $10usd for the disk and $44usd post anyway. I did a quick check standard for small satchel 500 grams to Detroit from Canberra $24aud approx 5 business days.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

I believe the 'tax collector' issue is why so many of them charge so much for postage out of the U.S..
    It's a great deterrant.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (10-02-20)

Thanks

I don't think the GST thing has much to do with the postage. The yanks have been charging BS postage for many years before that came in. I have bought things through the Canada site many times that actually come from the US but the postage even from the same point in the US is miles cheaper. UK is the same. Further to come but they can manage reasonable postage.

I advertised a collectable camera about 10 Years ago on Fleabay and stated more than once and very clearly, Will not ship OS and Australian Buyers only. Of course who Buys it? A yank of course. Made a fuss when I pointed out I said NO OS buyers so I relented and then the turd sent me some weirdo US Bank cheque that was going to cost me a heap to have it cashed here.
    Said no and he wanted to send me another cheque which would cost me more again to bank but didn't want to cover the costs of both. Refused that and then he got rude and pissy and started throwing religious crap at me so I stopped responding all together.

Next thing he's threatening to have me charged with Theft for not returning the cheque. I said I stole nothing. Didn't cash it, I ripped it up and threw it away. Then he went on that he couldn't get his money back on it and I owed him. Yeah, dream on idiot.

Back then I was able to contact the under bidder who only missed out by a few bucks anyway and he came round, Picked the thing up and paid cash.
    Aussie cash.

I still wouldn't sell anything to a US buyer, their banking system is as Fked up as the way they write the Date.

I wonder if Gerbill Hardly saw some great significant increase in his profits and sales after he screwed everyone in the country over with charging OS sales GST?
    Greedy old prick is worth hundreds of Millions and has one foot in the grave yet is still wanting every cent he can get.

Next thing he'll be pushing for $1000 bills to be printed to have his coffin filled with them so he can take it with him.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    .....Next thing he'll be pushing for $1000 bills to be printed to have his coffin filled with them so he can take it with him.
    Can’t see a problem with that George, will just make it easier for us to get away with more of the loot when we rob his grave the night they bury him.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (12-02-20),SS Dave (10-02-20)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

I don't think the GST thing has much to do with the postage. The yanks have been charging BS postage for many years before that came in. I have bought things through the Canada site many times that actually come from the US but the postage even from the same point in the US is miles cheaper. UK is the same. Further to come but they can manage reasonable postage.
    You are probably correct, I haven't been buying from overseas for all that long.
    I was of the opinion that after Germ Harvey had a spat about GST a lot of the seppo fleabay sellers increased the postage to rediculous amounts, perhaps they were already rediculously high to begin with.

I wonder if Gerbill Hardly saw some great significant increase in his profits and sales after he screwed everyone in the country over with charging OS sales GST?
    I know quite a few people, myself included, that now refuse to spend any money at any Hardly Normal stores as a direct result of his tanty about GST.
    What we now do is if we want something he has, go in, check it out, get a demo etc. etc., then go home & buy it online somewhere else for sometimes half the price

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (12-02-20),george65 (11-02-20),Guiseppe (11-02-20),Mr 672A (11-02-20),SS Dave (11-02-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Yeah, I haven't had much luck with Amazon either, seems almost anything I would want from them does not post to AU.

Yes US freight or postage can be ridiculously high on some items but not on others.
    If the item is purchased from a GST registered entity, then GST will be charged on the freight value as well. That does hurt a bit.
    I expect Amazon would fall into this category.

Our exchange rate sucks at the moment which doesn't help.

GST isn't usually a problem & only applies on goods over $1000Au in most cases; these goods will likely be stopped at customs for GST.
    It only applies on goods under $1000AU if the International business sells regularly to OZ & is registered to collect GST for ATO, subject to the threshold in the quote below.

I have purchased items in the $200-$600Au range recently from several different countries (UK, USA & Italy) & not been charged GST on any of them.

Goods with a customs value of A$1,000 or less (referred to as low value goods) that you purchase from overseas may now include goods and services tax (GST).

GST will apply at the point of sale in the same way it does when you buy goods from a business in Australia.
    When you purchase low value goods online you may notice GST:

• included in the advertised price
    • added at the checkout
    • included on your receipt or order confirmation.

When you purchase goods sourced from overseas, shipping and/or insurance costs form part of the price of the delivered goods on which GST is calculated.
    Not all purchases will include GST. Similar to sales from merchants within Australia, some overseas suppliers may not be required to register for GST because they don't reach the A$75,000 GST registration threshold.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

I want to buy the Movie MIDWAY in UHD at amazon US as it wont be available in Aust until or maybe never. Yes they ship it here in Aust after 18/2/2020

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Midway-Blu-ray-4K-UHD-BRAND-NEW-PRE-ORDER/274221815359?hash=item3fd8e4d63f:g:4CkAAOSwafJeKeZ T
    Last edited by hoe; 11-02-20 at 10:05 AM.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Midway-Blu-ray-4K-UHD-BRAND-NEW-PRE-ORDER/274221815359?hash=item3fd8e4d63f:g:4CkAAOSwafJeKeZ T
    WOW $74 bucks. the know how to rip you. They must know the UHD version wont e avalaBLE in aust.

Amazon Aust has:

Thanks

I have purchased 4k movies from Canada before. Apox $60 Aus. Its available in the US from 18/ Feb. Have to work out how mush from the US amazon to Brisbane. just one movie cost more to get as I have just about all movies in UHD that I want

Thanks

Wait till the 19th or 20th and you will probably be able to download it from some torrent site for free. :0)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

I watched Midway last night , $8 tuesday special at the local cinema. great movie

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (12-02-20),ol' boy (12-02-20)

Thanks

Wait till the 19th or 20th and you will probably be able to download it from some torrent site for free. :0)
    No, No I want Quality in Picture and Sound ( DV and Atmos) and you cant get it in download. I have spent a fortune on our System to get this and i cant see download to be as good as the original media

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    I watched Midway last night , $8 tuesday special at the local cinema. great movie
    Yes wanted to go but my visit to the hospital stopped me. I might still go next week but i willstill get the disc as soon as Its available as when I play a movie in our house its completly diferent. Trust me by having a 7. 2 4 ( EG" 7 speakers, Front Mains, Centre, Surrounds, Rear surrounds , + the two is 2 Sub woofers + the 4 is the 4 Ceiling Speakers sounld extremely good in Atmos or DTS X
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 12-02-20 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    i cant see download to be as good as the original media
    I'm betting I can't see as well as the original media and I'm damn sure I can't hear half the tonal range and frequencies either.
    Given your complications, I'd say there is a good bet you'd be well in the same boat! :0)

Thanks

I'm betting I can't see as well as the original media and I'm damn sure I can't hear half the tonal range and frequencies either.
    Given your complications, I'd say there is a good bet you'd be well in the same boat! :0)
    Off topic but here goes
    My hearing is reasonable good as last year I had both my ears and Brain tested for this after my 4 the Stroke all because of my TV setup and only had a issue on my left ears with frequency around 1K. Also I visit my optometrist as my optometrist thinks i'm a NUTTER as I ask him to make glasses for my TV viewing @2.8M to 3.0M for 4k viewing. Now I sit in front of the 75 inch Sony 9400E at 2.90 M away and my eye height is the middle height of the TV as I tested this with a dumpty lever (water Level) Yes I am precise on what I do. Also I use a Sound meter to Calibrate everything I do sound wise. When it come to the TV the Sony 75 9400E is the best as the Black level is even better than the Z9D bu only has 1185 nits @ 25% window. The Z9D has around 1590 nits @ 25% window but the black as not as good. Forget the OLED they have infinity Blacks that is GOOD but fail in Peak Brightness and lucky to get 780 Nits and thats not constant. When it comes to 2019 TV's they al not good all the LCD's have less Zones and and for the 2020 TV they going back to edge lit tv's. Now If you buy a 8K tv thats different. I Was invited to view the 85 Inch Z9G in Sydney and I wont tell you what it cost but I FAILED IT!! I tested a few know movies and the TV bloomed it head off, I also tested the Expensive tv using a Oppo 203 and the 4 K movie Sicario and the sub titling had to much haloing and Blooming when you upscale it from 4 to 8k
    Yes I'm fussy on what I get.
    I hope Mini leds are available soon (larger than 75 inch) before I drop dead, also looking for Hisense twin lcd's panels that are coming out the end of this year.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    WOW $74 bucks. the know how to rip you. They must know the UHD version wont e avalaBLE in aust.

Amazon Aust has:
    Save your $$, watched it over a week ago (ahoy me maties !!) in 1080P / 5.1 with killer sound system...........I want my bandwidth back !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Save your $$, watched it over a week ago (ahoy me maties !!) in 1080P / 5.1 with killer sound system...........I want my bandwidth back !!!
    Yes I have the blu-ray version of Midway that was done years ago and that was a good movie but cant waint untl I have the 2160p version and It has Atmos audio. There has been people mainly my wife and daughters friends including her boyfriend that have come to our house and watch a movies and they left shaking their head because of the sound system but mainly like the Shaking system I have on the main lounge and each individual seats. Yes had to get all of this from US because it was unheard to buy this in Australia and the shipping was a killer because of the weight (special Amp, + 6 Shakers 4 for the main lounge that seats 3 people and one for each chair).

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast