Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YouTube Ads are getting out of control

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Maybe this ? Apk and side load.

Thank you this looks like the one that came with aptoide_tv before android canned it and so far so good.

Cheers Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I don't know how the Fk anyone can watch anything on a phone.
    People make a big song and dance about having the biggest TV then watch stuff on a postage stamp size Phone.

No way in hell I could be bothered. I have on very rare occasions watched instructional Vids on my tablet when I was trying to do something as I went but that was out of desperation rather than choice or enjoyment.

When on the go I find it comfortable to watch a vid on my 6" phone that still has the proper 16:9 ratio. Another thing that has become ancient as they are all now these stupid narrow bar phones, only useful for Facebook messenger stuff.
    I do have myopia so I only have to take my glasses off for a reasonable viewing angle although people my age have reading glasses for this. Thanks to the very high resolution you still never see any pixelation.

OB, I still fail to see the benefits of using an app over a browser unless the app has a built in ad blocker, which obviously would never come from the Google Play store.

With the growing trend of people using their phone as a payment and ID system I would be careful about installing apps that use the Internet, so I chose to keep them at a bare minimum of known and trusted.
    Not that I trust any app solely based on it's presence on the Play store either.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 16-02-20 at 10:33 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (16-02-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Maybe this ? Apk and side load.

Have to say, this works perfectly, better than expected, thanks admin

It is not some old version of YT, its a relatively current version, with current sign in and device code linking.
    Works exactly as advertised. NO ADS!

Sadly, i have suffered some rebooting as other have reported

I got my app from Github, i see there is a newer version on another site, but you have to wonder
    Last edited by ol' boy; 05-03-20 at 10:38 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12