Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast at the Kebab shop

Thanks

Default Breakfast at the Kebab shop

I was passing the new kebab shop this morning and noticed a sign, "Open for Breakfast", as I was hungry I stopped and went in. Pleasantly surprised to find the Turkish owner serving bacon and eggs, which I ordered. It was great so when leaving I commented on the bacon, his response was, "We're Australian now, no silly rules for us."

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

carjackma (16-02-20),DB44 (17-02-20),enf (16-02-20),fandtm666 (16-02-20),Godzilla (17-02-20),gulliver (16-02-20),hinekadon (16-02-20),Keith (21-02-20),lsemmens (16-02-20),Mr 672A (16-02-20),porkop (17-02-20),SS Dave (16-02-20)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    "We're Australian now, no silly rules for us."
    If a lot more immigrants took this outlook, The country would be a far better place.
    Hope they do well and I'm sure they will with that sort of willingness to assimilate. Nice to hear people willing to embrace the culture of the place to which they have come rather than try and still live in their old country with their old incompatible ways.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (17-02-20),lsemmens (16-02-20),SS Dave (16-02-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

I don't see how eating bacon makes anyone more Aussie than those who don't. There's probably a bunch of Aussie born Muslims, Jews, Seventh Day Adventists, Buddhists, Hindus, Rastafarians, Vegans and Vegetarians who would agree. Oh, and people that just don't like bacon, such as my mrs and daughter.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

fromaron (16-02-20)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Oh, and people that just don't like bacon, such as my mrs and daughter.
    How can anyone not like bacon.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (16-02-20),george65 (16-02-20),Godzilla (17-02-20),SS Dave (16-02-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,079 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    Beats me...

Bob, the point is that these people are willing to serve food that MOST Australians eat. If I can risk your predictable ire and suggest that they are probably of Islamic faith, that they put that aside is cool. Lets see if their muslim brothers are as tolerant of them as these people seem to be.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

george65 (16-02-20),lsemmens (16-02-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Beats me...

Bob, the point is that these people are willing to serve food that MOST Australians eat. If I can risk your predictable ire and suggest that they are probably of Islamic faith, that they put that aside is cool. Lets see if their muslim brothers are as tolerant of them as these people seem to be.
    If wishes were fishes ..................

This religious nonsense re not eating bacon is just another form of masochism IMHO

I would bet a LOT of $$$$$$$ that every time one of these religious whack jobs sniffs the crispy bacon cooking the thought of converting/discarding their current form of mind control crosses their befuddled minds

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (16-02-20),hinekadon (16-02-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (17-02-20),DB44 (17-02-20),gulliver (19-02-20),hinekadon (16-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    If wishes were fishes ..................

This religious nonsense re not eating bacon is just another form of masochism IMHO

I would bet a LOT of $$$$$$$ that every time one of these religious whack jobs sniffs the crispy bacon cooking the thought of converting/discarding their current form of mind control crosses their befuddled minds
    As long as it stays within their religion I am fine. I can tolerate and respect other people believes as long as they don't knock on my door and dictate what and when I should eat, drink and how to live or demand any sort of special treatment disadvantaging others. That includes people who call themselves Australians and keep telling others what they should eat, drink and how to live their life.

That Turkish guy probably is not very religious and chose to serve bacon - that is his decision and it will be only fair to stop at that point. I love bacon and do not mind others sitting next to me politely refusing to try it. It is their decision and it doesn't offend me at all.
    Last edited by fromaron; 16-02-20 at 05:02 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (16-02-20),gulliver (19-02-20),SS Dave (17-02-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    As long as it stays within their religion I am fine. I can tolerate and respect other people believes as long as they don't knock on my door and dictate what and when I should eat, drink and how to live or demand any sort of special treatment disadvantaging others. That includes people who call themselves Australians and keep telling others what they should eat, drink and how to live their life.

That Turkish guy probably is not very religious and chose to serve bacon - that is his decision and it will be only fair to stop at that point. I love bacon and do not mind others sitting next to me politely refusing to try it. It is their decision and it doesn't offend me at all.
    Well said! I would go so far as to say that about the Homosexual brigade, too. What they do in their home is fine by me, just don't try and rub it in my face!

Edit: Where is this Kebab shop? If I am ever in the area, I might just spend my money there!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

I don't see how eating bacon makes anyone more Aussie than those who don't.
    I think you are missing the big picture.
    It's not about not eating bacon ( or having a drink or other such practices) it's all to do with the REASON they won't do it and the belief system and indoctrination behind it.

I'll guarantee the majority of Muslims here which is the greater probability these people are being Turks, would not touch it not because they don't like it, but because they put their cult over the country they choose to be in.

Thats the root problem and where all the shit starts. They want to come somewhere new and different but drag as much of their old ways as they can and resist all change to convert the people to their way of life not take on the way of life where they have come.

Sounds to me like these people have decided to put their new country First and their antiquated incompatible religious beliefs second because they are dedicated to making a new start and new life for themselves. In fact, these people are probably quite brave and gutsy in what they are doing. The Islamic cult being what it is, I'm sure they will get grief and disapproval from some of their more dedicated and hard line brethren. No doubt will be alienating themselves to a lot of them as well.
    Given the anger and punishment applied to those from the book of peace, love and Female Genital Mutilation whom don't follow it to the letter, I'd say what they are doing is pretty ballsy and shows great courage and dedication to their new home on their part.

They get my admiration for trying to adapt to their new country and way of life.
    If they were anywhere near me, I'd be going there for sure to support them and try and give them the success their positive, Australian, attitude deserves.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (17-02-20),lsemmens (17-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Well said! I would go so far as to say that about the Homosexual brigade, too. What they do in their home is fine by me, just don't try and rub it in my face!
    Homosexuals, rub it in your face??

Oh dear, that conjures a very unpleasant mental Image! I can well understand why you wouldn't want them to do that!

But I do know what you mean.

Seems to me many aren't at all content in their stated goal of being like everyone else, the great majority want to be seen as BETTER than everyone else and go out of their way to make it known to all around as loudly as possible they are Wolly Woofters. I do not get what a proclivity for giving it to another guy up the 'ol dung funnel has to do with talking with a lisp, going on like a drama queen and frequently being rude , obnoxious prats has to do with anything. No, have to put in the predictable waiver for those that have to point out the bleeding obvious, not all of them are like that, but a LOT are.

That shits me to tears as well.

I worked with a gay guy for a year and didn't have a clue. Everyday, run of the mill fella. Then you get the screaming faggots that just want to draw attention to themselves and seem to think being Pillow Biters gives them carte blanc to be offensive smart arses.
    The guy I knew couldn't stand them and warned everyone they were trouble and not to have anything to do with them.

I don't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Beats me...

The Turkish owner was probably born Muslim, seeing as Turkey is about 99% Muslim, but has decided to serve bacon. Good on him. But depending on the location, his main clientele may not be Muslim anyway. He could also still be a practising Muslim and not eat anything that is cooked in his kebab shop, and is just maximising his profit from the "Kuffar". He's obviously not worried about losing any Muslim customers though, any food prepared in his shop would almost certainly be Haram. And that's fine too.

It's more amusement than ire.. LOL

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (16-02-20),gulliver (19-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I think you are missing the big picture.
    It's not about not eating bacon ( or having a drink or other such practices) it's all to do with the REASON they won't do it and the belief system and indoctrination behind it.

I'll guarantee the majority of Muslims here which is the greater probability these people are being Turks, would not touch it not because they don't like it, but because they put their cult over the country they choose to be in.

Thats the root problem and where all the shit starts. They want to come somewhere new and different but drag as much of their old ways as they can and resist all change to convert the people to their way of life not take on the way of life where they have come.

Sounds to me like these people have decided to put their new country First and their antiquated incompatible religious beliefs second because they are dedicated to making a new start and new life for themselves. In fact, these people are probably quite brave and gutsy in what they are doing. The Islamic cult being what it is, I'm sure they will get grief and disapproval from some of their more dedicated and hard line brethren. No doubt will be alienating themselves to a lot of them as well.
    Given the anger and punishment applied to those from the book of peace, love and Female Genital Mutilation whom don't follow it to the letter, I'd say what they are doing is pretty ballsy and shows great courage and dedication to their new home on their part.

They get my admiration for trying to adapt to their new country and way of life.
    If they were anywhere near me, I'd be going there for sure to support them and try and give them the success their positive, Australian, attitude deserves.
    So you think Muslims should be more tolerant, is that what you're saying?

Oh, and the Quran doesn't say anything about circumcision of males or females being a requirement of Islam. What is funny though, male circumcision of Christians is more about the father's insecurity than anything else. "We got him done so he looks more like his dad" You gotta admit, that's a pretty weird sort of mindset.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (19-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post

That's a very sensible and intelligent post.. surely it doesn't belong here.. LOL

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The Turkish owner was probably born Muslim, seeing as Turkey is about 99% Muslim, but has decided to serve bacon. Good on him. But depending on the location, his main clientele may not be Muslim anyway. He could also still be a practising Muslim and not eat anything that is cooked in his kebab shop, and is just maximising his profit from the "Kuffar". He's obviously not worried about losing any Muslim customers though, any food prepared in his shop would almost certainly be Haram. And that's fine too.

It's more amusement than ire.. LOL
    Haha...yeah, fair enough. He's probably decided that the way to make a buck is to just do the sensible thing. Feed everybody what they want.

Novel approach in the modern world.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (17-02-20),DB44 (17-02-20),george65 (17-02-20),gulliver (19-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Where is this Kebab shop? If I am ever in the area, I might just spend my money there!
    Appreciate the sentiment, but I think I'll keep stum. I'm aware that there could be reader of this forum who are less tolerant than us and react against this New Australian.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

DB44 (18-02-20),lsemmens (17-02-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    right up there with donuts!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (17-02-20)

Thanks

So you think Muslims should be more tolerant, is that what you're saying?

Oh, and the Quran doesn't say anything about circumcision of males or females being a requirement of Islam. What is funny though, male circumcision of Christians is more about the father's insecurity than anything else. "We got him done so he looks more like his dad" You gotta admit, that's a pretty weird sort of mindset.

Owww Geez, Here we fking go.... Always one bleeding heart defender.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Appreciate the sentiment, but I think I'll keep stum. I'm aware that there could be reader of this forum who are less tolerant than us and react against this New Australian.
    Really??
    Who??

I can't see anyone who hasn't Expressed SUPPORT for this guy and what he is doing.
    What would be the problem with telling people where he is so they could give him their business and show approval for his somewhat unique approach and show others this is the way to go ? You found a business you reccomend but don't want to tell others about It? That's not any fked up logic is it?

As I said, probably in more danger from other Muzzos for going against the cult beliefs than anyone else.

Make that 2 Bleeding hearts.... and whining lefties as well.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (19-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    right up there with donuts!!!!!
    Bacon flavoured donuts.. mmmmmmmm

I had a bacon flavoured beer once, at the "Bitter and Twisted" beer festival at Maitland Gaol. It was bloody awful though...

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast