Thread: Controlled load off peak meter not changing

Thanks

Default Controlled load off peak meter not changing

We have a ripple controlled load receiver for our electric hot water system. I have noticed that the meter numbers never change, and on our power bill it has a line for controlled load but the reading is always zero.

I've gone back through our old bills and I've realised that the meter stopped when we had our electric hot water system replaced with a new one about two years ago.

Before I spend money to call out an electrician, is there anything I should be checking or looking out for to fix this?

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Verify the new hot water system is actually wired to controlled supply ~ the controller is the property/responsibility of your electricity provider ; you should probably contact them, point out your bill readings to them, they should send a technician out to check/replace the controller.

Thanks

Most electric hot water systems have a day/night switch installed in the meter box which allows you to switch between the controlled load and normal supply. This is useful if you run out of hot water and don't want to wait until night for the water to heat up.
    Its most likely that the installer changed the switch to day to test the HWS when it was installed. The only down side of this is that you will have been paying full rate tariff to heat your water.
    Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.