Thread: What is the general process for getting an alarm system monitored?

Thanks

Default What is the general process for getting an alarm system monitored?

I had an old DSC PC2550 that was monitored by Chubb, but the NBN arrived and the real analog line went away. I tried VOIP for while but that was unreliable so I did a self install of a Bosch 3000 system which works fine.

I have both the Ethernet/IP module connected to my network/internet and the cellular module with an active SIM card. Both systems send out alerts via Cloud Connect and both talk to the RSC+ app. Every alert goes to both.

My Chubb monitoring contract is still ongoing, but of course it was setup for an analog line so I get weekly SMS alerts saying that the monitoring isn't working.

As far as I can tell the majority of the information that someone needs to setup monitoring is contained within the A-link+ database on my PC. I also have the unique barcode numbers on the cellular and ethernet modules.
    I can connect A-link+ via the internet so presumably they should be able to do the same.

So do I contact Chubb or do I contact an alarm installer directly and do they need to do a site visit and physically plug into the alarm panel or can they remotely configure the monitoring without doing a site visit?
    Last edited by mb2; 14-03-20 at 05:50 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If your on a contract with Chubb then get them to sort it out, they would need to do a site visit. Easiest way to connect to the monitoring is via a polled GPRS unit like Permaconn.
    Might be able to use your cellular module with the active sim in this case.